hemya
10-14 10:29 AM
I self filed for EAD. Was very easy. I plan to do the same for AP. $1000 is a lot for AP filing.
wallpaper prince william and kate
dontcareanymore
04-02 01:37 PM
Just so all can understand :
Did you go for visa stamping while your current visa was valid and you came back to US with old (but valid) stamp while they are processing your request because they wanted more info?
Did you go for visa stamping while your current visa was valid and you came back to US with old (but valid) stamp while they are processing your request because they wanted more info?

Bpositive
03-05 01:22 PM
DO they tell you to reschedule the appointment or just ask you to come with FP notice by doing walk-in after it heals. Also do they put a note in their system that you could not give the FP because of so and so reason. Also anyone knows what Boston ASC does , whether they permit walk-ins during the week.
You said you went after a month, so I assume that they must have noted that you did appear for the FP but could not do it.
Sorry if I am sounding a little desperate but I just want to get this over with the right way without any hassles.
Yep..they just noted that I came for the initial appointment and asked to come after my finger heals..i had surgery on the finger and went back after the finger healed
You said you went after a month, so I assume that they must have noted that you did appear for the FP but could not do it.
Sorry if I am sounding a little desperate but I just want to get this over with the right way without any hassles.
Yep..they just noted that I came for the initial appointment and asked to come after my finger heals..i had surgery on the finger and went back after the finger healed
2011 Prince William and Kate
walking_dude
12-05 04:50 PM
Many members don't update their IV profiles after moving. I ended up calling two from IL !(while organizing MI chapter).
Hope everyone's as diligent as BharatPremi
Here is a link to update your profile - you could pick a new state of residence.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
Hope this answers your question.
Hope everyone's as diligent as BharatPremi
Here is a link to update your profile - you could pick a new state of residence.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
Hope this answers your question.
more...
desih1b
04-06 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your dad's health.
As per the Consulate web site, admitting to hospital is not an emergency situation. But you better check with TTS and Chennai consulate through email. If you have any proof from the hospital about your father's health condition, scan it and send it to consulate. they normally respond in 24 hours.
If you applied for 485 and have AP, please keep it with you in case of need.
thanks
As per the Consulate web site, admitting to hospital is not an emergency situation. But you better check with TTS and Chennai consulate through email. If you have any proof from the hospital about your father's health condition, scan it and send it to consulate. they normally respond in 24 hours.
If you applied for 485 and have AP, please keep it with you in case of need.
thanks
perm2gc
08-24 04:45 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have a quesion on the same lines!!
My H1B is approved till Mar 2007(have I797 till Mar, 2007). But you can file for extension 6 months before it expires ie, Sep 2006. So, now, say I get file for extension and get 3 year extension approval( I say 3 yrs bcoz my I-140 is approved). However, I dont have visa stamp for my current H1b.
Now, if I go for H1b stamping, lets say, in Nov 2006, will they stamp it till Mar 2007(my earlier extension date) or the new H1b approval, ie, Mar 2010.
thanks
please let me know if I have not made myself clear. Yes, it's a little different situation and I've not read anything about this kind of situation .
You go for stamping for new I797 not for old one i asssume..They will issue you visa according to the I797(New).
I have a quesion on the same lines!!
My H1B is approved till Mar 2007(have I797 till Mar, 2007). But you can file for extension 6 months before it expires ie, Sep 2006. So, now, say I get file for extension and get 3 year extension approval( I say 3 yrs bcoz my I-140 is approved). However, I dont have visa stamp for my current H1b.
Now, if I go for H1b stamping, lets say, in Nov 2006, will they stamp it till Mar 2007(my earlier extension date) or the new H1b approval, ie, Mar 2010.
thanks
please let me know if I have not made myself clear. Yes, it's a little different situation and I've not read anything about this kind of situation .
You go for stamping for new I797 not for old one i asssume..They will issue you visa according to the I797(New).
more...

seahawks
09-18 12:11 AM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaH...Welcome to D.C. Thanks for posting all the encouraging words to get everyone to come!
2010 Prince William Kate Middleton
urpal
06-22 08:11 AM
Hello,
I got my EAD through my primary Employer. I am currently working on EAD but with a different Employer (NY State Agency) who doesn�t encourage GC processing, so did not file my AC21 and been working for over a year now. I still have good rapport with my primary Employer. Now I am scheduled to go to INDIA for few weeks, my question is " whom should I say is my Employer " if the immigration officer asks me at the port of entry (JFK). Please advise as I will be carrying my current pay stubs.
Thank you
I got my EAD through my primary Employer. I am currently working on EAD but with a different Employer (NY State Agency) who doesn�t encourage GC processing, so did not file my AC21 and been working for over a year now. I still have good rapport with my primary Employer. Now I am scheduled to go to INDIA for few weeks, my question is " whom should I say is my Employer " if the immigration officer asks me at the port of entry (JFK). Please advise as I will be carrying my current pay stubs.
Thank you
more...

Alabaman
10-11 01:05 AM
Does it mean that if you get a receipt number in the case of an H1 transfer your case would definitely be approved?? i.e. Receipt number = Transfer approval?? :confused: Anybody familiar with the transfer process should please enlighten.
It seems you can start working as soon as the application is sent out. This was the advice given to my firend by his attorney.
He consulted some other lawyers. They say that it is safe to get the receipt number before starting to work.
So to be on the most safe side, wait until you get the receipt number.
But many people do start soon after sending the transfer petition...I know people who have done that. My friend is also not going to wait for the receipt as he has to join immediately.
It seems you can start working as soon as the application is sent out. This was the advice given to my firend by his attorney.
He consulted some other lawyers. They say that it is safe to get the receipt number before starting to work.
So to be on the most safe side, wait until you get the receipt number.
But many people do start soon after sending the transfer petition...I know people who have done that. My friend is also not going to wait for the receipt as he has to join immediately.
hair william and kate wedding
cubedflash
08-27 06:45 PM
Kirupa ,
Good to hear from you.:) Glad to hear you are looking forward to the release. We are working really hard over here to bring you the best product. The file size and rendering speed are drastically improved in version 2. We spent a majority of our time updating the RAVIX rendering engine. I am confident you will enjoy the new program. I am happy to be apart of any Flash forum. We are dedicated to staying in constant touch with our customers. The boards are a great way to build loyal relationships and focus on what the customer wants. Make sure to drop me a line when you get version 2.
-cubedflash
Good to hear from you.:) Glad to hear you are looking forward to the release. We are working really hard over here to bring you the best product. The file size and rendering speed are drastically improved in version 2. We spent a majority of our time updating the RAVIX rendering engine. I am confident you will enjoy the new program. I am happy to be apart of any Flash forum. We are dedicated to staying in constant touch with our customers. The boards are a great way to build loyal relationships and focus on what the customer wants. Make sure to drop me a line when you get version 2.
-cubedflash
more...
eb3retro
02-27 03:03 PM
I just got my I-140 approval and my priority date is 02/2008. I fall in the "All Charge-ability Areas Except Those Listed" EB3 and the March bulletin PD is 01MAY05. My lawyer is telling me I cant apply yet and since I am 2 semesters away from completing my Master's I should finish the course and just apply in the EB2 class. I dont have the funds to apply for this whole damn thing all over again. Can someone please help!? I've honestly turned suicidal dealing with this BS..
and for god sake, please update your profile.
and for god sake, please update your profile.
hot 1101-prince-william-kate-
wahwah
08-23 04:38 PM
my lawyer mentioned that I-140 PPS will come back after Texas and Nebraska have finish receipting the flood of I485 applications.
In a AILA meeting USCIS raised concerns about their ability to process the cases in 15 days and their concern is that they don't know how many applications they'll receive for I-140 PPS.
my lawyer mentioned its free money for these guys and they will bring it back. USICS still hasn't withdrawn PPS for I-129 or I-539 applications. They use the same freaking resources except now that they are using those resources to receipt for the new I-485 applications.
have patience.
Based on the information you know about immigration and discsion u have been having with frinds ,attorneys, websites..etc. What do you think about the probability of I-140 premium starting date...!!!
I guess 485 getting current does not help much without getting i-140 approved.
In a AILA meeting USCIS raised concerns about their ability to process the cases in 15 days and their concern is that they don't know how many applications they'll receive for I-140 PPS.
my lawyer mentioned its free money for these guys and they will bring it back. USICS still hasn't withdrawn PPS for I-129 or I-539 applications. They use the same freaking resources except now that they are using those resources to receipt for the new I-485 applications.
have patience.
Based on the information you know about immigration and discsion u have been having with frinds ,attorneys, websites..etc. What do you think about the probability of I-140 premium starting date...!!!
I guess 485 getting current does not help much without getting i-140 approved.
more...
house away. Happy couple: The

ksircar
04-04 03:38 PM
Why is it still unaccessible? Are you guys experiencing the same?
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Does anyone really care?
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Does anyone really care?
tattoo Prince William and Kate
Rohan99
10-29 01:15 AM
Guys....
My wife is on H4, once she gets EAD and applies for SSN does it mean now H4 is canceled and she is on EAD which will require AP for travel and every year renewal.
She has no plan to work till Jul 08, is it good to apply for SSN?
You should apply for a SSN. If you find a job, the employer will ask you to fill-up a W4 Form. To set you up in company payroll, SSN would be a requirement.
Also, as some other people have mentioned, even if you don't plan to work, you should still get a SSN to establish your credit history.
Applying for a SSN and getting it and has NO impact on your immigration status.
My wife is on H4, once she gets EAD and applies for SSN does it mean now H4 is canceled and she is on EAD which will require AP for travel and every year renewal.
She has no plan to work till Jul 08, is it good to apply for SSN?
You should apply for a SSN. If you find a job, the employer will ask you to fill-up a W4 Form. To set you up in company payroll, SSN would be a requirement.
Also, as some other people have mentioned, even if you don't plan to work, you should still get a SSN to establish your credit history.
Applying for a SSN and getting it and has NO impact on your immigration status.
more...
pictures william and kate wedding date.
VMH_GC
08-09 06:52 PM
I went to a doctor who ripped me off big time. He charged $260 ( $100 Blood + 100 Physical + $60 TB skin test) and charged $330 for my wife( $100 Blood + 100 Physical + $60 TB skin test + $70 for urine) and he asked around $210 dollars/ head for three vaccinations ( MMR, tetanus and chicken pox). I did not get vaccinations from him. Then went to my primary physician for the shots(MMR, tetanus) and took blood test for chicken pox.
It took more than 10 days and it was very stressful experience. Is there a way i can make complain about this doctor?
It took more than 10 days and it was very stressful experience. Is there a way i can make complain about this doctor?
dresses Prince William and Kate
vikaschowdhry
06-03 07:02 AM
Regarding Visa Camp, Chicago consulate's website says:
Applications from only US Passport holders will be accepted at the Visa Camps. No other consular service except visa will be provided at the Visa Camps.
Of course, if they have incomplete information on their website - this might be untrue and they might allow renewal of passports as well.
In any case, it seems to me that the expiration date on the passport should not be a huge concern for getting the H1B approved.
Applications from only US Passport holders will be accepted at the Visa Camps. No other consular service except visa will be provided at the Visa Camps.
Of course, if they have incomplete information on their website - this might be untrue and they might allow renewal of passports as well.
In any case, it seems to me that the expiration date on the passport should not be a huge concern for getting the H1B approved.
more...
makeup PRINCE WILLIAM ENGAGED TO KATE
eb3retro
02-15 11:25 PM
Hi,
Can someone please clarify with AC21 can I take up a job Position as "IT PROJECT MANAGER 11-3021.00" whereas my EB3 Labor is filed as "Computer Programmers - 15-1021.00" ?
My I-485 is still pending past 180 days and I-140 is approved.
Thanks so much in advance for replying.
could you please update your profile? thanks.
Can someone please clarify with AC21 can I take up a job Position as "IT PROJECT MANAGER 11-3021.00" whereas my EB3 Labor is filed as "Computer Programmers - 15-1021.00" ?
My I-485 is still pending past 180 days and I-140 is approved.
Thanks so much in advance for replying.
could you please update your profile? thanks.
girlfriend Prince William and Kate Middleton#39;s official wedding china
gmail
12-21 12:47 PM
I want to be more specific. I have a full time job. I'd like to setup a business LLC to get some contract works. For tax benefit, I can deduct some business cost with it.
hairstyles Prince William and Kate
StarSun
01-31 11:48 AM
IV Members,
Immigration Voice conducts a one hour free conference calls with attorneys for the benefit of IV members only. This opportunity is provided on the first 3 Thursdays of each month.
Ist Thursday of the month - 7 pm est with Raj Iyer from Carl Shusterman Law office
2nd Thursday of the month - 7 pm est with Ari Sauer and Greg Siskind from Visalaw
3rd Thursday of the month - 9 pm est with Prashanthi Reddy from Reddyesq
Members can send their questions to ivcoordinator@gmail.com. Members need to be present in the call for the question to be asked and answered. For call information, please visit the Members Forum (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum14-members-forum/) or refer to the red colored thread titled "Free Attorney Call: Date and Lawyer Name" running on the home page under "Recent Forum Posts"
Previously recorded conference calls can be found here - IV WIki: Free Attorney Conference Calls - Recorded (http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/Lawyer_Conference_calls)
Immigration Voice conducts a one hour free conference calls with attorneys for the benefit of IV members only. This opportunity is provided on the first 3 Thursdays of each month.
Ist Thursday of the month - 7 pm est with Raj Iyer from Carl Shusterman Law office
2nd Thursday of the month - 7 pm est with Ari Sauer and Greg Siskind from Visalaw
3rd Thursday of the month - 9 pm est with Prashanthi Reddy from Reddyesq
Members can send their questions to ivcoordinator@gmail.com. Members need to be present in the call for the question to be asked and answered. For call information, please visit the Members Forum (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum14-members-forum/) or refer to the red colored thread titled "Free Attorney Call: Date and Lawyer Name" running on the home page under "Recent Forum Posts"
Previously recorded conference calls can be found here - IV WIki: Free Attorney Conference Calls - Recorded (http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/Lawyer_Conference_calls)
skillet
05-24 01:57 PM
05/23/2007: IMPORTANT CIR UPDATE MESSAGE
For the last two days, the Senate floor focused on the procedural motions as to whether the Senate should take up and continue S. 1348 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007. People know that this is the bill which the Senate passed last year and was killed in the House. S. 1348 is this bill which was reintroduced by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. By agreeing to proceed and go into debate, the Senate floor at least overcame the opposition by a few anti-immigration Senators.
On May 21, 2007, the Senator Reid introduced, for himself, Senator Kennedy and Senator Specter, a motion to substitute the text of the S.1348 by the bi-partisan compromise which was produced by a bi-partisan group of Senators and White House during the weekend. Accordingly, there was no serious debate about the controversial issues in the compromise during last two days other than Senator Dorgan's motion to amend the Senator's Reid's amendment to substitute S. 1348 to kill temporary worker program. The floor rejected his motion and his motion was defeated yesterday.
The debates on controversial issues in the compromise bill are expected to be heated up from today after the Senate floor passes the Senator Reid's motion to substitute the S. 1348. A series of amendments to the substituted bill are expected to be introduced from today on. This means that those who oppose the controversial poisonous elements in the compromise bill must mobilize their forces to pressure the Senate to amend these poisonous proposals in the compromise. This is the most important time for people to arise and act!
It appears that the restrictionist Republicans opposed the CIR last year on the issues of relief of illegal immigrants including temporary guest worker program and legalization of 12 million illegal aliens in the country. Since then, as affected by the pressures from in and outside of the country, including the swift of position in the Christian forces, Hispanic forces, White House, and other forces, these core groups of restrictionist Republicans shifted their strategies in such a way that they give concession to the issues relating to the illegal aliens including guest worker program and legalization of illegal aliens, and instead focus on strategy to overhaul immigration system to achieve control and reduction of the number of immigrants allowed to come into this country and more importantly to control the types of immigrants allowed to immigrate to this country in terms of the ethnic and racial backgrounds, and immigrants from non-English speaking countries. Underlying the point systems, concept of control of chain of immigrants, and removal of certain family-based immigrant categories are the hidden agenda of the restrictivonist and right wing Republican forces to control immigrants and more importantly immigrants from certain part of the world. This hidden agenda is disguised in the name of the country's need for immigrants who can contribute to the nation's economy. The center of development of this concept and proposal was the Heritage Foundation, the think-tank of the conservative Republicans. This agenda has been pushed forward for the last few years through its arms in various communities, including some immigration groups. They penetrated into some immigrant groups, particularly employment-based immigrant groups, to divide the immigrant community and their supporters.
By now, people have learnt the hidden agenda of the conservative and restrictionist group, and the opposition to the poinonous agenda that are conceived in the compromise is growing fast. It is clear that the country and the immigrant community have to pass a comprehensive immigration reform legislation this year. The way to achieve this goal is to contact with the legislators en masse to remove the poinonous segments in the bill and the hidden agenda of the restrictionists and pass the bill. Accordingly, the amendment process is extremely important to achieve the overall goals of passing the CIR and passing the CIR without poisons. This is achievable since this is the Democrat Congress. This reporter assures the readers that should the Senate fail to pass such workable bill, there will be no, repeat no, CIR legislation enacted this year and in the next few years.
Please copy and send this message to any one or any organizations via email or web posting or fax as quickly as possible!
For the last two days, the Senate floor focused on the procedural motions as to whether the Senate should take up and continue S. 1348 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007. People know that this is the bill which the Senate passed last year and was killed in the House. S. 1348 is this bill which was reintroduced by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. By agreeing to proceed and go into debate, the Senate floor at least overcame the opposition by a few anti-immigration Senators.
On May 21, 2007, the Senator Reid introduced, for himself, Senator Kennedy and Senator Specter, a motion to substitute the text of the S.1348 by the bi-partisan compromise which was produced by a bi-partisan group of Senators and White House during the weekend. Accordingly, there was no serious debate about the controversial issues in the compromise during last two days other than Senator Dorgan's motion to amend the Senator's Reid's amendment to substitute S. 1348 to kill temporary worker program. The floor rejected his motion and his motion was defeated yesterday.
The debates on controversial issues in the compromise bill are expected to be heated up from today after the Senate floor passes the Senator Reid's motion to substitute the S. 1348. A series of amendments to the substituted bill are expected to be introduced from today on. This means that those who oppose the controversial poisonous elements in the compromise bill must mobilize their forces to pressure the Senate to amend these poisonous proposals in the compromise. This is the most important time for people to arise and act!
It appears that the restrictionist Republicans opposed the CIR last year on the issues of relief of illegal immigrants including temporary guest worker program and legalization of 12 million illegal aliens in the country. Since then, as affected by the pressures from in and outside of the country, including the swift of position in the Christian forces, Hispanic forces, White House, and other forces, these core groups of restrictionist Republicans shifted their strategies in such a way that they give concession to the issues relating to the illegal aliens including guest worker program and legalization of illegal aliens, and instead focus on strategy to overhaul immigration system to achieve control and reduction of the number of immigrants allowed to come into this country and more importantly to control the types of immigrants allowed to immigrate to this country in terms of the ethnic and racial backgrounds, and immigrants from non-English speaking countries. Underlying the point systems, concept of control of chain of immigrants, and removal of certain family-based immigrant categories are the hidden agenda of the restrictivonist and right wing Republican forces to control immigrants and more importantly immigrants from certain part of the world. This hidden agenda is disguised in the name of the country's need for immigrants who can contribute to the nation's economy. The center of development of this concept and proposal was the Heritage Foundation, the think-tank of the conservative Republicans. This agenda has been pushed forward for the last few years through its arms in various communities, including some immigration groups. They penetrated into some immigrant groups, particularly employment-based immigrant groups, to divide the immigrant community and their supporters.
By now, people have learnt the hidden agenda of the conservative and restrictionist group, and the opposition to the poinonous agenda that are conceived in the compromise is growing fast. It is clear that the country and the immigrant community have to pass a comprehensive immigration reform legislation this year. The way to achieve this goal is to contact with the legislators en masse to remove the poinonous segments in the bill and the hidden agenda of the restrictionists and pass the bill. Accordingly, the amendment process is extremely important to achieve the overall goals of passing the CIR and passing the CIR without poisons. This is achievable since this is the Democrat Congress. This reporter assures the readers that should the Senate fail to pass such workable bill, there will be no, repeat no, CIR legislation enacted this year and in the next few years.
Please copy and send this message to any one or any organizations via email or web posting or fax as quickly as possible!
newyorker123
09-28 10:53 AM
Yes. You can file another FOIA to get the I-140 approval notice.
You want to specify that you're looking for a copy of I-797 of the I-140 approval for receipt number LINXXXXXXXXXX. That should get you the approval notice.
A friend filed the FOIA with this verbiage and it worked for him. Of-course, he had to reference his Alien number etc... in the G-639 form.
I hope this helps.
Thanks friend, I already know the A# so I will just put it in.
You want to specify that you're looking for a copy of I-797 of the I-140 approval for receipt number LINXXXXXXXXXX. That should get you the approval notice.
A friend filed the FOIA with this verbiage and it worked for him. Of-course, he had to reference his Alien number etc... in the G-639 form.
I hope this helps.
Thanks friend, I already know the A# so I will just put it in.