texcan
07-31 04:55 PM
Hi All,
We are planning to goto canada for our H1 visa extension (actually i changed my job to new employer also). My H1 visa expires on Sept 31st 2007.
We are planning to go in August 2007 itself.
Lets say if our h1 extension is rejected or some issue what will be our status?
Can we come back to US and plan for our india travel or we have to leave to india from there itself?
I heard that mexico has different rules?
Thanks for your help.
AVR is valid for reentry only if you donot apply for visa in canada or mexico
and if you come back to US within 30 days.
Donot give you I-94 when you leave US.
If your visa is rejected in canada, you cant re-enter US.
We are planning to goto canada for our H1 visa extension (actually i changed my job to new employer also). My H1 visa expires on Sept 31st 2007.
We are planning to go in August 2007 itself.
Lets say if our h1 extension is rejected or some issue what will be our status?
Can we come back to US and plan for our india travel or we have to leave to india from there itself?
I heard that mexico has different rules?
Thanks for your help.
AVR is valid for reentry only if you donot apply for visa in canada or mexico
and if you come back to US within 30 days.
Donot give you I-94 when you leave US.
If your visa is rejected in canada, you cant re-enter US.
wallpaper kobe bryant wife vanessa
Phaedra
05-30 11:28 PM
Thanks a lot, Raysaikat.
I appreciate the response.Here are a few of my immidiate thoughts....
1)I have been unemployed for a little over 180 days now.The key question is what is the penalty for remaining in the country for doing so?
This is the year when most people actually did NOT get jobs...I am guessing there are a lot of people in my position.
2)How does USCIS actually track who is employed and who is not?
3)If I were to catch the next flight back home (India), will I face problems while leaving the US/or entering India?
4)Can I get a letter from a firm/company stating that I was doing an unpaid internship with them?(which will be counted towards the employment period)Are there any repurcursions for the company?
Any thoughts/opinions wouldbe most appreciated.
Thanks!
I appreciate the response.Here are a few of my immidiate thoughts....
1)I have been unemployed for a little over 180 days now.The key question is what is the penalty for remaining in the country for doing so?
This is the year when most people actually did NOT get jobs...I am guessing there are a lot of people in my position.
2)How does USCIS actually track who is employed and who is not?
3)If I were to catch the next flight back home (India), will I face problems while leaving the US/or entering India?
4)Can I get a letter from a firm/company stating that I was doing an unpaid internship with them?(which will be counted towards the employment period)Are there any repurcursions for the company?
Any thoughts/opinions wouldbe most appreciated.
Thanks!
santb1975
09-30 09:59 PM
I got back after my weekend. I will look at the Yahoo groups
2011 Kobe Bryant, wife Vanessa
swadeshi
07-27 04:06 PM
I had same question, but when I checked all I-94s of mine, they all had same numbers, one at POE consistent with all other 797 issues after that.
Hope that helps.
I-94 numbers never change, I have had the same one's even though I switched visa types like L1 to H1 and travelled twice. The I-94 number never changes it remians the same.
Hope that helps.
I-94 numbers never change, I have had the same one's even though I switched visa types like L1 to H1 and travelled twice. The I-94 number never changes it remians the same.
more...
softcrowd
04-23 09:35 AM
Yes, that means your I-140 is "filed" under EB2...But note that USCIS can always comeback & say it "can" or "can not" be approved under Eb2 based on the job description in Labor.
In rare scenarios, USCIS comes back with a "NO" to Eb2, especially if the JOB description in Labor does not suit an Eb2 requirement. But in 99% of the cases, its fine (because, attorneys normally don't file it under Eb2 if its not one).
All the best!!
In rare scenarios, USCIS comes back with a "NO" to Eb2, especially if the JOB description in Labor does not suit an Eb2 requirement. But in 99% of the cases, its fine (because, attorneys normally don't file it under Eb2 if its not one).
All the best!!
krustycat
09-28 10:32 PM
My 485/EAD applications were mailed on July 5th. and received on July 9th. by F HEINAUER at NSC.
I have not received a single notice and checks were not cashed.
I called customer service today and the they told me to wait 90 days.... :eek:business days!!!
I have not received a single notice and checks were not cashed.
I called customer service today and the they told me to wait 90 days.... :eek:business days!!!
more...
globaldesi
05-14 10:25 AM
My HR notified me yesterday that they have received the receipt for my H1B. Thank God! Good luck to everyone awaiting a response.
Quota - General
Premium Processing - No
Notification Date - 04/28/08
Receipt Number - Yes
Notified via - email from HR
Employer - Company
Multiple Petitions - No
Quota - General
Premium Processing - No
Notification Date - 04/28/08
Receipt Number - Yes
Notified via - email from HR
Employer - Company
Multiple Petitions - No
2010 In This Photo: Kobe Bryant,
bb8185
06-05 10:54 AM
You don't need to be working in the US while the AOS is pending. You just need to have the job when permanent residence is approved, or to have a job in the "same or similar occupational classification."
Elaine, many thanks for taking the time to be on this forum.
Can I clarify a point, if someone is laid off whilst their 485 AOS is pending, would they still be 'in status'...and if so, for how long, and at what point do they need to provide 'proof' of a future role.
Many thanks again
Elaine, many thanks for taking the time to be on this forum.
Can I clarify a point, if someone is laid off whilst their 485 AOS is pending, would they still be 'in status'...and if so, for how long, and at what point do they need to provide 'proof' of a future role.
Many thanks again
more...
sc3
08-14 03:57 PM
What troubles me is the "agreed on paper" part. Clearly, your employer has violated H1 terms by not paying you. DOL is bound to take action against your employer for it. However, H1s are not supposed to work in the kind of agreement you seem to have setup. Given that fact, DOL inquiry will probably affect you too. Talk to a lawyer about your options before going to file a complaint against your employer.
hair Kobe Bryant#39;s Wife, Vanessa
diqingshen
07-16 09:19 AM
How can we make the scale lean towards our side?
Phone campaign?
Phone campaign?
more...

dpp
06-28 02:50 PM
I have an important question that I need to ask here. What is going to be Job title in employment verification letter. For example if I work in company as a Software consultant and H1B states that I am Programmer Analysts and my PERM labor has stated Software Programmer Engineer.
So out of these 3 which one will going to be in my employment letter. I am unable to get in touch with attorney thru company and our HR doesnt know what to write in Employement letter. Any advise from people who already got their employement letter from their employer.
Thanks
INeedAllGreen
You need to use "Programmer Analyst" for Employment verification letter, but Employment offer letter, you need to use "Software Programmer Engineer".
This is 100% correct.
Employment verification letter is for current occupation what you mentioned in LCA when applying for H1. If you say something else, then you are voilating what you mentioned. Then it is going to problem if a strict USCIS officer observes that.
But for Employment offer letter, since it is for future emploment, you need to have the title mentioned in PERM application.
So out of these 3 which one will going to be in my employment letter. I am unable to get in touch with attorney thru company and our HR doesnt know what to write in Employement letter. Any advise from people who already got their employement letter from their employer.
Thanks
INeedAllGreen
You need to use "Programmer Analyst" for Employment verification letter, but Employment offer letter, you need to use "Software Programmer Engineer".
This is 100% correct.
Employment verification letter is for current occupation what you mentioned in LCA when applying for H1. If you say something else, then you are voilating what you mentioned. Then it is going to problem if a strict USCIS officer observes that.
But for Employment offer letter, since it is for future emploment, you need to have the title mentioned in PERM application.
hot Kobe Bryant, Vanessa Bryant
tnite
01-13 08:36 AM
Hi,
My wife's I-485 is currently pending. Along with the I-485, an I-131, and I-765application was filed on July 31, 2007. As you know, the process time frame for the I-131 is 90 days. The I-131 was being a bit delayed due to the amount of fillings from the new fee increases. Over 120 days later in mid Dec. I still had not received confirmation.
Unfortunately, I just purchased tickets to travel overseas to visit family and friends for after Christmas. I emailed my immigration lawyer about the status and they only said that it's still pending.
Over a period of a few days my wife and I contacted USCIS to check on the status, and we found out that there was an error on her date of birth. That very day the date of birth was corrected and the I-131 was expedited and we received the documents in time to travel a few days later.
The immigration lawyer says that the error in the date of birth had little to none effect on why the I-130 was delayed. Instead he believes the delay was because he didn't receive tax documents from me till Dec. 4., which he believes is why the I-130 and I-765 was approved on the same day.
However, I asked for a fee reduction due to his lack of service. Due I have a valid argument? Any thoughts welcomed!
There is no relation between tax documents and I131 .Date of Birth might have been an issue . Maybe u'r lawyer is talking BS.
just so that you dont get confused , I130 is a Petition for Alien Relative (equivalent of I140 for family based immigration)
I131 -Advance parole
My wife's I-485 is currently pending. Along with the I-485, an I-131, and I-765application was filed on July 31, 2007. As you know, the process time frame for the I-131 is 90 days. The I-131 was being a bit delayed due to the amount of fillings from the new fee increases. Over 120 days later in mid Dec. I still had not received confirmation.
Unfortunately, I just purchased tickets to travel overseas to visit family and friends for after Christmas. I emailed my immigration lawyer about the status and they only said that it's still pending.
Over a period of a few days my wife and I contacted USCIS to check on the status, and we found out that there was an error on her date of birth. That very day the date of birth was corrected and the I-131 was expedited and we received the documents in time to travel a few days later.
The immigration lawyer says that the error in the date of birth had little to none effect on why the I-130 was delayed. Instead he believes the delay was because he didn't receive tax documents from me till Dec. 4., which he believes is why the I-130 and I-765 was approved on the same day.
However, I asked for a fee reduction due to his lack of service. Due I have a valid argument? Any thoughts welcomed!
There is no relation between tax documents and I131 .Date of Birth might have been an issue . Maybe u'r lawyer is talking BS.
just so that you dont get confused , I130 is a Petition for Alien Relative (equivalent of I140 for family based immigration)
I131 -Advance parole
more...
house Vanessa and Kobe Bryant at
katrina
01-04 02:52 PM
Hi,
I have a serious problem and I am not sure what would be the solution. My wife came on H4 in 2001 and we applied for H1B and we got an approval which was valid until Oct 2006. But, in Mar 2006, due to some personal reasons we applied for COS from H1B to H4 and we got H4 approval which was valid until Aug 27, 2006. Before the expiry of H4 status in August 2006, we decided to apply for H1B and since her H1B was valid until Oct 2006, our attorney applied for H1B under I-539 and they didn't apply for H4 extension simultaneously. Meanwhile, while the H1B was in process, we applied for premium processing later which added few problems. We got an RFE on this case and our attorney answered it by sending appropriate docs but again we got a second RFE which is not answered yet.
Right now she is out of status and also, what will happen if her H1 is rejected and is it possible to apply for H4 right now, since it was expired in Aug 2006. If her H1 is rejected, can we apply for H4 even though her H4 was expired few months back or she has leave the country. Please help us out.
Thanks & Regards,
-- Venkat
I-539 is the request to extend or change the immigrant status,
I don't think your wife can extend her H1b status after she change it to H4 by filled the I-539 from. The only exention in I-539 form is extension to stay.
I'm not a lawyer but as far as my experience, In order for a person who previously has H1b then has H4 get back to their H1b again, they have to reapply for a new H1b visa (the process kind a similar like transfer H1b since it will not count toward the caps).
My sugestion right now is consult with another lawyer and see what they suggest. If you have the ins receipt for the extension (from I-539), see what stated in it. Hold on to that receipt.
you can't rely of people opinion regarding your case, when you have trouble and if you have a good lawyer they should represent you and assure you that they did the right thing. If you're not sure about your lawyer ask another lawyer, keep looking for a lawyer that can give you suggestion and make sense.
Good luck.
I have a serious problem and I am not sure what would be the solution. My wife came on H4 in 2001 and we applied for H1B and we got an approval which was valid until Oct 2006. But, in Mar 2006, due to some personal reasons we applied for COS from H1B to H4 and we got H4 approval which was valid until Aug 27, 2006. Before the expiry of H4 status in August 2006, we decided to apply for H1B and since her H1B was valid until Oct 2006, our attorney applied for H1B under I-539 and they didn't apply for H4 extension simultaneously. Meanwhile, while the H1B was in process, we applied for premium processing later which added few problems. We got an RFE on this case and our attorney answered it by sending appropriate docs but again we got a second RFE which is not answered yet.
Right now she is out of status and also, what will happen if her H1 is rejected and is it possible to apply for H4 right now, since it was expired in Aug 2006. If her H1 is rejected, can we apply for H4 even though her H4 was expired few months back or she has leave the country. Please help us out.
Thanks & Regards,
-- Venkat
I-539 is the request to extend or change the immigrant status,
I don't think your wife can extend her H1b status after she change it to H4 by filled the I-539 from. The only exention in I-539 form is extension to stay.
I'm not a lawyer but as far as my experience, In order for a person who previously has H1b then has H4 get back to their H1b again, they have to reapply for a new H1b visa (the process kind a similar like transfer H1b since it will not count toward the caps).
My sugestion right now is consult with another lawyer and see what they suggest. If you have the ins receipt for the extension (from I-539), see what stated in it. Hold on to that receipt.
you can't rely of people opinion regarding your case, when you have trouble and if you have a good lawyer they should represent you and assure you that they did the right thing. If you're not sure about your lawyer ask another lawyer, keep looking for a lawyer that can give you suggestion and make sense.
Good luck.
tattoo Kobe Bryant#39;s wife, Vanessa,
tinamatthew
07-20 09:49 AM
What happens if I get my EAD after 180 days of concurrent filing i-140 & i-485, and my employer no longer has a vacancy for me. Can I start at another job or do I have to refile the i-140. (I'm not presently working for the company yet)
more...
pictures His wife Vanessa is looking
jani07
04-01 06:49 PM
with persons like this is to ignore them. He not ashamed of his abuse of system. I don't think we owe him answers.
dresses Vanessa Bryant NBA player Kobe
pd_recapturing
11-05 08:11 PM
This might be a serious issue. Take an infopass and dig it. Did you use AC21 by any chance?
more...
makeup Lakers MVP Kobe Bryant#39;s wife
apb
09-14 08:52 PM
Just got approval emails for both me and my spouse.
Did you see any LUD prior to this email?
Did you see any LUD prior to this email?
girlfriend Vanessa Bryant and Kobe Bryant
jojet
09-28 09:25 PM
i am in the same boat.aos application reached nebraska july 2nd.checks not cashed.not in the system.clueless.
hairstyles Kobe Bryant#39;s wife Vanessa
dagabaaj
04-08 03:11 PM
For EB3 India 7% of 85,030 = 5903. And still Dates are stuck in 2001. I don't know what it take to move it to beyond 2002-2003 ?
I'm afraid if there are 100K EB3 in 2001-2004. Why doesn't USCIS come up with such statistics..
Providing such statistics woul dmean accountability right. There si no value add for them other than getting a bunch of calls. I really wonder what the nuber is for the 2001-2003 period. 100K looks kind of large.
I'm afraid if there are 100K EB3 in 2001-2004. Why doesn't USCIS come up with such statistics..
Providing such statistics woul dmean accountability right. There si no value add for them other than getting a bunch of calls. I really wonder what the nuber is for the 2001-2003 period. 100K looks kind of large.
pmpforgc
04-08 12:09 AM
since it might be easy to pass PACE Act. We can try to attach all this amendments included in SJC/Frist bill along with Brownback amendment to be included for high skill legal immigration reform in the PACE act. PACE Act already has some immigration provisions which can be modified to included these amendements. It has big support from both sides and we are not attached to undocumented or agricultural workers there, so may not be that much oppostion except in house.
This is some thing to think about in this recess.
This is some thing to think about in this recess.
add78
02-13 11:06 AM
do you know what is the cost of filing a LCA amendment, and is it necessary to take a copy of that LCA and hang it on the client notice board ????????
Yes, it is MANDATORY for your employer (regardless of where the headquarters are) to issue an LCA amendment that MUST BE posted at the client location (usually by the employee) when you begin work at client site, for 10 days and sent back with date posted, where posted and date removed to the employer (faxed/scanned-emailed/mailed)
Yes, it is MANDATORY for your employer (regardless of where the headquarters are) to issue an LCA amendment that MUST BE posted at the client location (usually by the employee) when you begin work at client site, for 10 days and sent back with date posted, where posted and date removed to the employer (faxed/scanned-emailed/mailed)