loudobbs
09-25 12:12 PM
for NOT answering my question!! :mad:
Mr LouDobbs!!
What does only 3 days left mean and how does it impact you? Would a new quota kicking mean anything
EB2/India/PD - July 2003
I140 approved - Dec 2006 at TSC
I485 mailed on 29th June to TSC
RD for 485, 131 and 765 is 8/15
recd EAD with Country of birth USA!! - 8/23
FP done on 9/14 - Got LUD after FP
Recd I 765 on 9/19
Mr LouDobbs!!
What does only 3 days left mean and how does it impact you? Would a new quota kicking mean anything
EB2/India/PD - July 2003
I140 approved - Dec 2006 at TSC
I485 mailed on 29th June to TSC
RD for 485, 131 and 765 is 8/15
recd EAD with Country of birth USA!! - 8/23
FP done on 9/14 - Got LUD after FP
Recd I 765 on 9/19
saint_2010
08-13 11:26 AM
looks like they will make us wait till 17th and accept/reject case from July 2nd...and most of the rejected cases might not be eligible to refile :mad:...this is my guess!
jiraprapaasa
04-13 11:47 AM
Did you 4 years old get a visa yet? How about your neice and nephew? The agent in Thailand called my niece mother and ask for money in order to prepare her paperwork for an interview. Do you think she should hire an agent there to make sure she got everything correctly.
I have no ideas about 12 years old going to the interview. Have no clue what kinds of question?
I have no ideas about 12 years old going to the interview. Have no clue what kinds of question?
insbaby
08-24 02:13 PM
I think something is missing here. How did they find out ?? Did they take you in for secondary inspection?? taxes?? If your university allows online classes, you might be able to finish your courses online and complete the required coursework(i.e. ofcourse if you dont need to finish thesis or defend project work) the university should be able to confer you a degree.... might be worth chatting with the international office.
CBP & INS officers are much trainined in strategies to ask specific questions to individuals.
Most people from India do not want to purposefully lie, afraid of maintaining with a series of lies.
CBP & INS knew that students work somewhere. Our friend was a student then and it is not a surprise that he was trapped with some specific questions.
CBP & INS officers are much trainined in strategies to ask specific questions to individuals.
Most people from India do not want to purposefully lie, afraid of maintaining with a series of lies.
CBP & INS knew that students work somewhere. Our friend was a student then and it is not a surprise that he was trapped with some specific questions.
more...
SGP
10-28 11:24 AM
Was the threat or intimidation verbal or do you have any paper trail. This can go both ways as the company's have a right to protect their intellectual property and on the same was that non compete legal (meaning if you challenge that in the court, can the judge say yes this needs 5 years of non compete).
Take the non compete and any paper trail about the termination to an HR attorney ASAP. Also see whether any of your colleagues were impacted and go for a class action.
The threat was verbal, I do not have any paper trail. I know that 2 of the 4 colleagues have already signed the agreement. I do not know about the other 2 as they are the owners close blood relation.
Take the non compete and any paper trail about the termination to an HR attorney ASAP. Also see whether any of your colleagues were impacted and go for a class action.
The threat was verbal, I do not have any paper trail. I know that 2 of the 4 colleagues have already signed the agreement. I do not know about the other 2 as they are the owners close blood relation.
DSLStart
09-30 03:30 PM
If your last FP was more than 15 months ago, then write to local congressman, that usually works.
how would you know if you have to get your FP done again...would you get an RFE or something like that?
how would you know if you have to get your FP done again...would you get an RFE or something like that?
more...
singhsa3
01-23 09:35 PM
Just a freindly reminder that we are still on for Saturday.
logiclife
11-28 10:26 AM
Now this is just to get an idea on what to expect if one of the Immigration bills passes and signed in to law say by mid 2007.
What can we expect next?
Dates would move forward depending on the increase in numbers.
What will happen to highly retrogressed countries like Indian, China? When can they expect any tangible results?
Depends on how much the numbers increase, whether there is any kind of per-country quota, coz if there is, then India and China would get screwed because of heavy demand from these 2 countries. CIR will start from square 1 in the next congress and would go back to the judiciary committee, Floor, conference, -- the whole process would be happening all over again.
What will happen to the �Rest of the World� category? When do you think they can expect results?
Rest of the world will be better off than India and China. Unless you are really unlucky and the demand from your country's subscribers increases and there is a separete PD for your country too, like India, China and Phillipines.
What will happen if ALL or Most of the catagories become current. Are we going to get stuck with processing delays for months or years to come ?
YES. If the dates move really really forward, -- like 2005 and 2006, the sheer number of I-485s will bury the USCIS. Expect huge delays. Unless we act on DOS to fund certain agencies we are not going to see any improvement in 485 processing times. The worst part about 485 is that USCIS alone cannot revolutionize its process and solve problems. There is the FBI name check(Dept of Justice) and also DOS involved. Our work will not end when SKIL bill passes. We would have to lobby for administrative reform to fund these agencies. FBI's namecheck division is heavily used by a lot of government and private agencies after 9/11 and they are really underfunded. We, may have to work on our issues even after SKIL bill passes. Unless of course we are really content on spending 5-6 years on EAD/AP. From what I hear, life is not really that great even on EAD/AP
What can we expect next?
Dates would move forward depending on the increase in numbers.
What will happen to highly retrogressed countries like Indian, China? When can they expect any tangible results?
Depends on how much the numbers increase, whether there is any kind of per-country quota, coz if there is, then India and China would get screwed because of heavy demand from these 2 countries. CIR will start from square 1 in the next congress and would go back to the judiciary committee, Floor, conference, -- the whole process would be happening all over again.
What will happen to the �Rest of the World� category? When do you think they can expect results?
Rest of the world will be better off than India and China. Unless you are really unlucky and the demand from your country's subscribers increases and there is a separete PD for your country too, like India, China and Phillipines.
What will happen if ALL or Most of the catagories become current. Are we going to get stuck with processing delays for months or years to come ?
YES. If the dates move really really forward, -- like 2005 and 2006, the sheer number of I-485s will bury the USCIS. Expect huge delays. Unless we act on DOS to fund certain agencies we are not going to see any improvement in 485 processing times. The worst part about 485 is that USCIS alone cannot revolutionize its process and solve problems. There is the FBI name check(Dept of Justice) and also DOS involved. Our work will not end when SKIL bill passes. We would have to lobby for administrative reform to fund these agencies. FBI's namecheck division is heavily used by a lot of government and private agencies after 9/11 and they are really underfunded. We, may have to work on our issues even after SKIL bill passes. Unless of course we are really content on spending 5-6 years on EAD/AP. From what I hear, life is not really that great even on EAD/AP
more...
new_horizon
08-03 11:22 PM
Great idea. But make sure the replies you send are appropriate to the questions. I think those who add that to their signature should be more careful in avoiding jokes or vain words so that others don't take it (signature) lightly.
WeShallOvercome
11-01 02:16 PM
Couple of questions : I am planning to apply for EAD . I have already filed 485 on July 2 and got receipt no.s .
1. where to file : Here is the catch when filing 485 i am in IL and later moved on to CT. I have updated all addresses etc to CT and everything fine. Since i was in IL for 485 I applied to NSC now i am in CT and here it is VSC for form EAD. So where should i send my application to NSC or VSC?
2. Efile or regular : which is good efile or regular filing. I filing myself and requested attorney's view he said he would prefer normal way as its better and i can see checks cashing and make that a proof of receipt in case of reciept notice lost.
Need ur views.
I think you should file where your I-485 is pending.
I filed my paper-based EAD application last friday and already got receipt number from the cashed check.
The address I used is:
USCIS
Nebraska service center
PO Box: 87765
Lincoln, NE
68501-7765
If you e-File, you'll have to go for another fingerprinting appointment, which I wanted to avoid as the ASC is 30 miles from my place. Wasting half a day just to get receipt a few days sooner didn't make sense to me. I got the receipt number within 3 working days anyway.
1. where to file : Here is the catch when filing 485 i am in IL and later moved on to CT. I have updated all addresses etc to CT and everything fine. Since i was in IL for 485 I applied to NSC now i am in CT and here it is VSC for form EAD. So where should i send my application to NSC or VSC?
2. Efile or regular : which is good efile or regular filing. I filing myself and requested attorney's view he said he would prefer normal way as its better and i can see checks cashing and make that a proof of receipt in case of reciept notice lost.
Need ur views.
I think you should file where your I-485 is pending.
I filed my paper-based EAD application last friday and already got receipt number from the cashed check.
The address I used is:
USCIS
Nebraska service center
PO Box: 87765
Lincoln, NE
68501-7765
If you e-File, you'll have to go for another fingerprinting appointment, which I wanted to avoid as the ASC is 30 miles from my place. Wasting half a day just to get receipt a few days sooner didn't make sense to me. I got the receipt number within 3 working days anyway.
more...
smarth
10-25 12:11 AM
Hello,
recently i got my H1B extension. Going to India for visa stamping in my passport.
Can you please tell me if I book tickets suppose Lufthansa which halts @ Frankfurt, will I be getting any problems because I am not having visa stamping? Do I need transit visa?
Do I need to book direct flight to India?
Thanks
recently i got my H1B extension. Going to India for visa stamping in my passport.
Can you please tell me if I book tickets suppose Lufthansa which halts @ Frankfurt, will I be getting any problems because I am not having visa stamping? Do I need transit visa?
Do I need to book direct flight to India?
Thanks
drak70
10-01 11:05 AM
USCIS treats g-28 form so seriously that always requires it in original. In the form is a column
=======
PURSUANT TO THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974, I HEREBY CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE TO THE FOLLOWING NAMED ATTORNEY OR REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY RECORD PERTAINING TO ME WHICH APPEARS IN ANY IMMIGRATION AND
NATURALIZATION SERVICE SYSTEM OF RECORDS:
(Name of Attorney or Representative)
THE ABOVE CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE IS IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOLLOWING MATTER:
=======
Which is plain English is your authorisation under PRIVACY ACT OF 1974 for your attorney to represent you
I would assume that you send a certified letter/fax to an attorney telling him that you no longer represent him in any way under PRIVACY ACT OF 1974.period. with copy to USCIS
I think no attorney can continue to represent your interest once you tell him not to without proper authorisation.(it will invite sanction from the Bar and USCIS
============not a legal advice===========
=======
PURSUANT TO THE PRIVACY ACT OF 1974, I HEREBY CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE TO THE FOLLOWING NAMED ATTORNEY OR REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY RECORD PERTAINING TO ME WHICH APPEARS IN ANY IMMIGRATION AND
NATURALIZATION SERVICE SYSTEM OF RECORDS:
(Name of Attorney or Representative)
THE ABOVE CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE IS IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOLLOWING MATTER:
=======
Which is plain English is your authorisation under PRIVACY ACT OF 1974 for your attorney to represent you
I would assume that you send a certified letter/fax to an attorney telling him that you no longer represent him in any way under PRIVACY ACT OF 1974.period. with copy to USCIS
I think no attorney can continue to represent your interest once you tell him not to without proper authorisation.(it will invite sanction from the Bar and USCIS
============not a legal advice===========
more...
immigrationvoice1
12-20 12:07 PM
Yes. she has a valid H4 Visa stamping till Jan 10. and she is landing in Dec last week.
Thanks in advance
The H4 visa stamp if remains un-expired on the day she lands in the US is anough document for her to return back. AP is not required.
Thanks in advance
The H4 visa stamp if remains un-expired on the day she lands in the US is anough document for her to return back. AP is not required.
dilipb
01-31 05:32 PM
What I am asking is "what does processing date mean"?
Does it mean that they have started working on my application?
or that the cases on that date have been finalised either by way of approval OR denial ?
Does it mean that they have started working on my application?
or that the cases on that date have been finalised either by way of approval OR denial ?
more...
EZEkiel
10-14 08:08 PM
i voted for Phat7
1. because i like the lemon
and
2. i like the chick ! (hey i am male what else am i supposed to look at) :beam:
well done all
peace
E1kO
1. because i like the lemon
and
2. i like the chick ! (hey i am male what else am i supposed to look at) :beam:
well done all
peace
E1kO
kinoos
04-17 09:14 AM
@softcrowd - i understand that they will understand the situation.. but is it possible that we can change the I94 date before we get out of US and do not want to carry any screenshots when travelling next time.
@mmk123 - Please do let me know what you are doing in this situation. I am stuck in almost in the same situation.. how the I 94 date is on the 21st.. i have already re-booked my tickets for the 21st.... and with the situation this might also cancell.
@mmk123 - Please do let me know what you are doing in this situation. I am stuck in almost in the same situation.. how the I 94 date is on the 21st.. i have already re-booked my tickets for the 21st.... and with the situation this might also cancell.
more...
indyanguy
01-14 12:43 PM
For a long time, I have had this urge to be self employed but personal reasons and the immigration system was a deterrent factor for me in turning this into a reality. Now that I have an EAD, I would like to reexplore this idea and wanted to know if there are any entrepreneurial organizations that I could become a member of that will help me network with like minded people. I have heard of TiE and am getting to know more about this organization. If any of you are members, feedback on how it has helped you will help a lot of people planning to join. Are there any other clubs/orgs that help people like me can bounce ideas off of and help bring together like minded people under the same roof?
Thanks
PS: I had plans of pursuing an MBA for the sole purpose of networking. Unfortunately, this is not something I can do at this point of time.
Thanks
PS: I had plans of pursuing an MBA for the sole purpose of networking. Unfortunately, this is not something I can do at this point of time.
raghuram
11-10 12:57 PM
Even though the immigration is the highest priority for all of us on this web site, that is not the same with Mr. President elect. He has to take care of other pressing issues like economy, Iraq war etc. first.
Therefore, I don't think it would be worthwhile to spend our resources for at least 6 more months. Once he settles down in the office and other things start moving, we can try at that time.
Therefore, I don't think it would be worthwhile to spend our resources for at least 6 more months. Once he settles down in the office and other things start moving, we can try at that time.
ksarin1
01-13 01:52 PM
I understand what you're saying.
I just want to know what should be done moving forward.
I just want to know what should be done moving forward.
India76
09-17 02:08 PM
one more question... if I reenter using my AP then IO always take you to some place/room to verify something or its sometimes/randomly only? I just realize that my connection time while coming back from one airport(POE) to another is just 2 hours.
garybanz
12-01 04:11 PM
I guess you can still argue that a QA Analyst job is quite similar to a SAP BI Analyst...it's not like you are running a restaurant or selling cars.
Talk to a good attorney.
Hi,
I am on EAD with my GC sponsor, 485 pending - PD Dec2006. I was a Sr.QA Analyst while my Labor was filed. Those job responsibilities were submitted in labor along with generic titles like programmer analyst etc.
Now that I have planned a technology change, I am moving into SAP BI. As it is getting tough to get contract positions and lot of FTE opportunities. I am wondering what my options are. Having said that I am also anticipating my PD to be current in july/aug/sep 2011.
I was told by my employer that I could temporarily resign , take a FT with another company and join back within 6 months.
During this time they would continue with my green process.
In this situation while I am very close ( 6-9 months) for my PD to be current, what are my best options?
1. AC21 - get it all done with new company ? Job title from Sr.Qa to SAP BI would it be a problem?
2. Temporary resignation and rejoining - is it really feasible?
3. Stay with current company - try for contract positions even if it means that I have to stay long on bench. I have been already out since Aug.
Please pour in your thoughts.
Thanks for your help.
Talk to a good attorney.
Hi,
I am on EAD with my GC sponsor, 485 pending - PD Dec2006. I was a Sr.QA Analyst while my Labor was filed. Those job responsibilities were submitted in labor along with generic titles like programmer analyst etc.
Now that I have planned a technology change, I am moving into SAP BI. As it is getting tough to get contract positions and lot of FTE opportunities. I am wondering what my options are. Having said that I am also anticipating my PD to be current in july/aug/sep 2011.
I was told by my employer that I could temporarily resign , take a FT with another company and join back within 6 months.
During this time they would continue with my green process.
In this situation while I am very close ( 6-9 months) for my PD to be current, what are my best options?
1. AC21 - get it all done with new company ? Job title from Sr.Qa to SAP BI would it be a problem?
2. Temporary resignation and rejoining - is it really feasible?
3. Stay with current company - try for contract positions even if it means that I have to stay long on bench. I have been already out since Aug.
Please pour in your thoughts.
Thanks for your help.