thomachan72
01-05 05:02 AM
@sanju_dba - Sorry to disappoint you. We did think about making a documentary, but in the end we all figured that a lot more people might be interested in a narrative feature film. Perhaps we are wrong, but it was just a decision that our team collectively made.
@waitingnwaiting - Thanks for your honest feedback. You are right about a lot of things. All I can say is, I've been in this country for over 10 years still waiting for a green card like a lot of people. I just wanted to do something to make more people aware of the issues. I'm passionate about film making so I figured way I can do it is to make a film about stories based on my personal experience. Now, I don't know how the audience will perceive the film or if it will change their mind. But one thing's for sure, we all have given our best to this film and attempted to tell stories that have affected our lives.
Thanks again for the comments.
I am sure everybody here will watch this one and hopefully we can get some senators also to watch this. Its great that you actually did this before somebody on the other side made a movie.
@waitingnwaiting - Thanks for your honest feedback. You are right about a lot of things. All I can say is, I've been in this country for over 10 years still waiting for a green card like a lot of people. I just wanted to do something to make more people aware of the issues. I'm passionate about film making so I figured way I can do it is to make a film about stories based on my personal experience. Now, I don't know how the audience will perceive the film or if it will change their mind. But one thing's for sure, we all have given our best to this film and attempted to tell stories that have affected our lives.
Thanks again for the comments.
I am sure everybody here will watch this one and hopefully we can get some senators also to watch this. Its great that you actually did this before somebody on the other side made a movie.
Pagal
05-29 01:05 PM
Hello,
Good points, but all are already on IV agenda in one form or another... please visit the IV agenda thread to read what all IV is doing...
Good points, but all are already on IV agenda in one form or another... please visit the IV agenda thread to read what all IV is doing...

HereIComeGC
03-26 02:54 PM
That I agree, I should say it was some what an exaggeration when I said I could predict NASDAQ ...
But son't you guys think that this uncertainty also adds to the excitement of life here for us? Don't get me wrong ... just sharing a perspective here! Even I want my GC as desperately as any of us :)
I agree. Sometimes I think I will be a little bit sad when I receive the green card because I would miss this daily excitments! As the saying goes "Its the Journey that matters, not the destination"
But son't you guys think that this uncertainty also adds to the excitement of life here for us? Don't get me wrong ... just sharing a perspective here! Even I want my GC as desperately as any of us :)
I agree. Sometimes I think I will be a little bit sad when I receive the green card because I would miss this daily excitments! As the saying goes "Its the Journey that matters, not the destination"

anilkumar0902
04-10 01:33 PM
I e-Filed my EAD renewal application on 03/16, sent the docs to Nebraska and it was approved on 04/07. I was not asked to get Fingerprinting for the same.
Good luck.
Cheers
Good luck.
Cheers
more...
kumarc123
01-15 12:17 PM
Hello All,
Out of curiosity, I called the congresswoman's office to ask if she would be re-sponsoring the visa recapture bill. The person on the phone asked me to call back next week, because at present she was considering about it.
Can we all try to call her office and request her to re sponsor this bill, as this will help the housing crisis.
I am posting a link, you all can call her office and even explain to the person about why this bill is so important. ( wait to be transferred to the specific person who handles immigration issues, don't talk to the phone operator as she would care less)
http://lofgren.house.gov/
Good Luck to all of us.
Out of curiosity, I called the congresswoman's office to ask if she would be re-sponsoring the visa recapture bill. The person on the phone asked me to call back next week, because at present she was considering about it.
Can we all try to call her office and request her to re sponsor this bill, as this will help the housing crisis.
I am posting a link, you all can call her office and even explain to the person about why this bill is so important. ( wait to be transferred to the specific person who handles immigration issues, don't talk to the phone operator as she would care less)
http://lofgren.house.gov/
Good Luck to all of us.
number30
04-29 06:08 PM
Thanks snathan and aravindhome for your responses.
I'm going to consult an attorney on this for sure...
After i consulted my friends and after going through some other posts i figured that F1 is the best option i have now.
My fiancee is interested in pursuing her higher education, but just wanted to find out if it would be OK that i sponsor her education and state that her fiance is in US with green card at the time of visa application?.. would this cause any problems for getting her F1 visa?
OR should she not mention anything about me in any stage be it in University Admisssion process or the F1 visa application process?
I know all of the other options (H1, L1, B1 and GC sponsor for spouse) would require much time.
aravindhome-- i'm not sure how fast can she get a canadian PR and then come to this Country?...On what basis is she going to enter this country?
Thanks a lot
Ravi
Once she is on F1 here you can get married.
I'm going to consult an attorney on this for sure...
After i consulted my friends and after going through some other posts i figured that F1 is the best option i have now.
My fiancee is interested in pursuing her higher education, but just wanted to find out if it would be OK that i sponsor her education and state that her fiance is in US with green card at the time of visa application?.. would this cause any problems for getting her F1 visa?
OR should she not mention anything about me in any stage be it in University Admisssion process or the F1 visa application process?
I know all of the other options (H1, L1, B1 and GC sponsor for spouse) would require much time.
aravindhome-- i'm not sure how fast can she get a canadian PR and then come to this Country?...On what basis is she going to enter this country?
Thanks a lot
Ravi
Once she is on F1 here you can get married.
more...
visafreedom
07-03 11:15 AM
Well, here are the thoughts.
American Govt only listens when it sees an economic impact. Get thousands of such workers to not work a day, I am sure it would mean a huge economic impact. This is sending a signal that we dont tolerate this "pseudo-slavery" and that today we dont work a day but tomorrow we will be forced to leave this country (I know already several people who have done that and it is becoming more and more common for people to abstain from coming to this land of opportunity as the system is now less favorable)
If hundreds of thousands dont go to work, congress, corporates, press - the whole gamut would become sensitive to the issue. This is one way you can get them to lobby for our demands.
Taking out rally is also a very good way of doing it however if you did this in one place, the turnout will not be as impressive. Doing it in multiple cities needs an organization.
Bottomline, whatever you do, show solidarity, resolve, unity. That has never happened within this affected group of workers.
American Govt only listens when it sees an economic impact. Get thousands of such workers to not work a day, I am sure it would mean a huge economic impact. This is sending a signal that we dont tolerate this "pseudo-slavery" and that today we dont work a day but tomorrow we will be forced to leave this country (I know already several people who have done that and it is becoming more and more common for people to abstain from coming to this land of opportunity as the system is now less favorable)
If hundreds of thousands dont go to work, congress, corporates, press - the whole gamut would become sensitive to the issue. This is one way you can get them to lobby for our demands.
Taking out rally is also a very good way of doing it however if you did this in one place, the turnout will not be as impressive. Doing it in multiple cities needs an organization.
Bottomline, whatever you do, show solidarity, resolve, unity. That has never happened within this affected group of workers.
Ramkumar
04-20 04:34 PM
Just I want to share I got my H1B approval another 2 years. As per my current company B's policy they only apply two years extention.
Thanks a lot
Ramkumar
Thanks a lot
Ramkumar
more...
monikainusa
03-22 10:48 AM
Thanks Sac-e-ten,
My husband will talk to lawyer soon ....but he's very depressed and me too...what are the options do we have ...do we need to file appeal through lawyer ...my company is not showing any interests. Sir ..please advise..ur help will be highly appreciated...
My husband will talk to lawyer soon ....but he's very depressed and me too...what are the options do we have ...do we need to file appeal through lawyer ...my company is not showing any interests. Sir ..please advise..ur help will be highly appreciated...
Libra
08-03 12:53 PM
What made you think like that? did you find anything wrong in my post? anyway, i still request you to consider any type of contribution towards sept rally.
Thank you for your post:D
You are a jack ass
Thank you for your post:D
You are a jack ass
more...
sangmami
06-16 08:16 AM
Hi Murali77
I am in the exact position as you.
My name is the same on Birth certificate, passport, h1B dcuments, but reversed in SS card and subsequently in my credit cards.
Any more info on how to tackle this?
I am in the exact position as you.
My name is the same on Birth certificate, passport, h1B dcuments, but reversed in SS card and subsequently in my credit cards.
Any more info on how to tackle this?
reddy77
04-13 02:36 PM
So did you answer the RFE ? ....
Thanks Guys ..... Nah, I am still waiting for that, will update you once I got it ....
Thanks Guys ..... Nah, I am still waiting for that, will update you once I got it ....
more...
sujan_vatrapu
10-21 10:18 AM
Not understanding why can't any Democratic Pro-immigrant Senator reply to these kind of ignorant blaberrings and order USCIS to act as per LAW? How this grassley gets USCIS internal draft memo! need to inverstigate.
I have been saying this over and over, Dems are pro-immigration but they are not pro-legal immigration, just because grassley is anti-immigration does not make the whole republican party is against immigration, get the facts right, aint schumer the one who introduced this special fees on h1-b to put republicans in defense, few senators like mccain (R-AZ) spoke against the provision, bush pushed congress to increase the h1b quota and tried to pass CIR twice, isnt clinton the one who let illegals file AOS in EB3 which is why EB3 is stuck in 2001?
I have been saying this over and over, Dems are pro-immigration but they are not pro-legal immigration, just because grassley is anti-immigration does not make the whole republican party is against immigration, get the facts right, aint schumer the one who introduced this special fees on h1-b to put republicans in defense, few senators like mccain (R-AZ) spoke against the provision, bush pushed congress to increase the h1b quota and tried to pass CIR twice, isnt clinton the one who let illegals file AOS in EB3 which is why EB3 is stuck in 2001?
SunnySurya
08-03 08:32 PM
Looks like they (TSC) are now processing July 3rd onwards. Any July 2nd filler , filled at TSC still waiting. Also do you know if your name check was cleared.
more...

ivgclive
03-22 09:10 AM
And u can get your GC by him sponsoring for you as parents in just 15-16 years from now.
That will be faster than this EB2 and EB3 backlogs.
You help him now, and he will help you.
Much better.
Added advantage. When they file green card, you don't have to be in "JOB", you can retire and go back to India. When things are ready, get your flight back.
:D
That will be faster than this EB2 and EB3 backlogs.
You help him now, and he will help you.
Much better.
Added advantage. When they file green card, you don't have to be in "JOB", you can retire and go back to India. When things are ready, get your flight back.
:D

DDash
03-28 03:57 PM
I got this from different website(not sure if I can quote here).
Before going /planning for a perticular consualte, you can email the consulate with a i797 copy asking them to check if it exists in their system. If it doesn't then they will request concerned athorities to make it available in system so that you won't get stuck with PIMS delay. So far I have heard mexico/canada consualte responding to emails positively.
I will be mailing(canada consulate) them soon. Will keep you updated if i hear anything from them. if it works..its indeed a good options for us.:D
I will have to go for a stamping soon and this info will help. Thanks! :)
Before going /planning for a perticular consualte, you can email the consulate with a i797 copy asking them to check if it exists in their system. If it doesn't then they will request concerned athorities to make it available in system so that you won't get stuck with PIMS delay. So far I have heard mexico/canada consualte responding to emails positively.
I will be mailing(canada consulate) them soon. Will keep you updated if i hear anything from them. if it works..its indeed a good options for us.:D
I will have to go for a stamping soon and this info will help. Thanks! :)
more...
STAmisha
06-19 04:30 PM
please post your comments
HV000
08-10 08:47 PM
Reforms To Visa Programs For Highly Skilled Workers.
IMPROVING EXISTING IMMIGRATION
22. The Administration Will Reform And Expedite Background Checks For Immigration. Current mechanisms for conducting immigration background checks are backed up, slowing processing times and endangering national security. The Administration is investing substantial new funds to address the backlog, and the FBI and USCIS are working together on a variety of projects designed to streamline existing processes so as to reduce waiting times without sacrificing security.
23. The President Is Directing The Department Of Homeland Security And The Social Security Administration To Study The Technical And Recordkeeping Reforms Necessary To Guarantee That Illegal Aliens Do Not Earn Credit In Our Social Security System For Illegal Work. Currently, aliens who make Social Security payments while working here legally can continue to accrue credits even if they overstay their visa. Improved data-sharing can lay the foundation for eventual Congressional action to eliminate this practice (which proved an obstacle to comprehensive reform). The relevant agencies are ordered to report to the President with a detailed plan for eliminating the problem.
The funny thing is ONLY now they are thinking about their JOB RESPONSIBILITIES which is to UPHOLD the Law!! However, they have not specified ANY TIMELINE for REFORM!!
SEPTEMBER Rally would be ideal to raise these issues!
ISSUES THAT WE COULD RAISE DURING THE RALLY
1. Eliminate EB Backlog
2. Processing Timeline for I-485
3. Faster processing of FBI Name Check(Questionable process according to USCIS OMBUDSMAN)
4. Uniform Processing Methodology across all USCIS Service Centers
5. Uniform Level of Customer Service across all USCIS Service Centers
6. Increase Coordination between USCIS and DOS
7. Allocation of ALL VISA Numbers by DOS at the beginning of fiscal year rather than a piece meal allocation during the first 3 quarters.
8. More Transparency and flexibility in invoking AC21
9. Decrease the time to invoke AC21 from 6 months to atleast 3 months
IMPROVING EXISTING IMMIGRATION
22. The Administration Will Reform And Expedite Background Checks For Immigration. Current mechanisms for conducting immigration background checks are backed up, slowing processing times and endangering national security. The Administration is investing substantial new funds to address the backlog, and the FBI and USCIS are working together on a variety of projects designed to streamline existing processes so as to reduce waiting times without sacrificing security.
23. The President Is Directing The Department Of Homeland Security And The Social Security Administration To Study The Technical And Recordkeeping Reforms Necessary To Guarantee That Illegal Aliens Do Not Earn Credit In Our Social Security System For Illegal Work. Currently, aliens who make Social Security payments while working here legally can continue to accrue credits even if they overstay their visa. Improved data-sharing can lay the foundation for eventual Congressional action to eliminate this practice (which proved an obstacle to comprehensive reform). The relevant agencies are ordered to report to the President with a detailed plan for eliminating the problem.
The funny thing is ONLY now they are thinking about their JOB RESPONSIBILITIES which is to UPHOLD the Law!! However, they have not specified ANY TIMELINE for REFORM!!
SEPTEMBER Rally would be ideal to raise these issues!
ISSUES THAT WE COULD RAISE DURING THE RALLY
1. Eliminate EB Backlog
2. Processing Timeline for I-485
3. Faster processing of FBI Name Check(Questionable process according to USCIS OMBUDSMAN)
4. Uniform Processing Methodology across all USCIS Service Centers
5. Uniform Level of Customer Service across all USCIS Service Centers
6. Increase Coordination between USCIS and DOS
7. Allocation of ALL VISA Numbers by DOS at the beginning of fiscal year rather than a piece meal allocation during the first 3 quarters.
8. More Transparency and flexibility in invoking AC21
9. Decrease the time to invoke AC21 from 6 months to atleast 3 months
lost_in_migration
05-14 09:09 PM
Done.. Its in the thread EB2-General Poll. I would have liked to keep just one thread but only allows 10 options at the max. Hope ppl don't vote at both places :)
Can you create one for EB2, please? Thanks!
Can you create one for EB2, please? Thanks!
aadimanav
09-05 04:05 PM
Thanks for telling me.
perm2gc
07-08 10:11 PM
Check again
Rated :D
Rated :D