pray
08-18 08:56 AM
Pray, just an fyi - what I meant as nonsense is "not we talking abt predicting priority dates"..but you saying EB2s are clever than EB3s. Do you have any idea of what you are saying? The very fact that you are not able to understand what we are discussing here shows how much clever you are..
Alright retro I'm sorry I upset you so much,it was not a remark which was meant to be taken seriously.I know there is no difference in intelligence between the two.Hope you will get cheered now and maybe drop in for a beer sometime.And I hope you get you green card soon too.
Alright retro I'm sorry I upset you so much,it was not a remark which was meant to be taken seriously.I know there is no difference in intelligence between the two.Hope you will get cheered now and maybe drop in for a beer sometime.And I hope you get you green card soon too.
wallpaper Yellow Rose Wallpaper
rajuram
11-13 12:17 AM
Very good ideas (if some one in the core is listening...). When approaching Zoe, we just have to let her office know that by speeding up GC approvals, they will help the poor housing market. Trust me, they will listen.
We should do something like this ..
I hear Pelosi is asking for Lameduck session next week. Also heard somewhere that in order to start Lameduck session on any monday they need to send invitation to lawmakers by mid of week earliar than that monday. Haven't read so far that they will do lameduck for sure.
Pelosi is relying on Bush to give assurance that he will sign bailout for auto makers.
Anyway.. in any case if there will be session in Nov then we should see solid news 3-4 days before it. Once we get confirmed news about Lameduck session
(1) Senior members or Admins can contact Zoe's Office and find out if she is willing to push for HR 5882. If she says no and wait for some time then we can go to media awareness route and wait for some time.
(2) If she agrees I will make a list of all members of Judiciary committee whom we can start calling.
(3) Also we can have list of member of house and senate whom we can call.
(4) Meanwhile we will start a new funding drive along with call campaign. People will be motivated to donate if they see some movement. If we ask for money right now even 1 or 5 USD no one will donate it but once they see some movement people starts giving money.
(5) IV core team can ask support from competeamerica and other group.
(6) Other members who are in media industry can make awareness in media about our case with housing crisis.
We should do something like this ..
I hear Pelosi is asking for Lameduck session next week. Also heard somewhere that in order to start Lameduck session on any monday they need to send invitation to lawmakers by mid of week earliar than that monday. Haven't read so far that they will do lameduck for sure.
Pelosi is relying on Bush to give assurance that he will sign bailout for auto makers.
Anyway.. in any case if there will be session in Nov then we should see solid news 3-4 days before it. Once we get confirmed news about Lameduck session
(1) Senior members or Admins can contact Zoe's Office and find out if she is willing to push for HR 5882. If she says no and wait for some time then we can go to media awareness route and wait for some time.
(2) If she agrees I will make a list of all members of Judiciary committee whom we can start calling.
(3) Also we can have list of member of house and senate whom we can call.
(4) Meanwhile we will start a new funding drive along with call campaign. People will be motivated to donate if they see some movement. If we ask for money right now even 1 or 5 USD no one will donate it but once they see some movement people starts giving money.
(5) IV core team can ask support from competeamerica and other group.
(6) Other members who are in media industry can make awareness in media about our case with housing crisis.
belmontboy
01-16 04:45 PM
My layoff was much less traumatizing at the instant.
I was in India on vacation and one fine day I check my work email to see an email that I was let go a day earlier with 2 weeks of severance.
Luckily I had my AP with me which is what I used to return back instead of the H1. Needless to add my entire remainder of the vacation was ruined in between obsessing about how to come back (try using the H1 even though laid off or use the AP and face secondary inspections) and applying to new jobs.
Well I am back now and looking everywhere. Hopefully something should click soon.
All the best guys!
your screen name is interesting :D
I was in India on vacation and one fine day I check my work email to see an email that I was let go a day earlier with 2 weeks of severance.
Luckily I had my AP with me which is what I used to return back instead of the H1. Needless to add my entire remainder of the vacation was ruined in between obsessing about how to come back (try using the H1 even though laid off or use the AP and face secondary inspections) and applying to new jobs.
Well I am back now and looking everywhere. Hopefully something should click soon.
All the best guys!
your screen name is interesting :D
2011 lovely red rose Wallpaper,
goan2005
09-26 09:22 AM
CNN HAS CORRECTED THE ARTICLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOWWW. THANKS IV.
Oh My God, CNN is screwing us in different way now. They are telling american people the Rally last week at SC was for increse in H1B and not for Incresed GCs.
I am getting freakled out by such American politics. I thought USA is different than INDIA atleast in this regard.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/25/smbusiness/h1b_cap.fsb/index.htm?postversion=2007092606
WOWWW. THANKS IV.
Oh My God, CNN is screwing us in different way now. They are telling american people the Rally last week at SC was for increse in H1B and not for Incresed GCs.
I am getting freakled out by such American politics. I thought USA is different than INDIA atleast in this regard.
http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/25/smbusiness/h1b_cap.fsb/index.htm?postversion=2007092606
more...
pappu
01-18 01:06 PM
we now have 110 members signed up for monthly contributions. Thanks to all those that signed up.
WeldonSprings
08-27 11:16 AM
Anybody has numbers for No. of EB Visas processed for June ad July 08. Till May 08 total 113475 has been processed. So, total remaining would be 50000.
Aug. 08 somewehere 6000 were processed.
I485 Receipt I485 Pending I485-processed FB I-485 EB I-485
Oct-07 237915 842231 50548 42500 8048
Nov-07 51773 845691 48313 42500 5813
Dec-07 35020 833141 47570 42500 5070
Jan-08 35771 813238 55674 42500 13174
Feb-08 38210 787516 63932 42500 21432
Mar-08 43548 762938 68126 42500 25626
Apr-08 50951 742597 71292 42500 28792
May-08 45357 739934 48020 42500 5520
* Data from USCIS months processing report
** Oct 07 Receipt number changed from 137915 to 237915 (just looked incorrect)
** FB is flat (730k-220k CP / 12 months)
We have 113475 EB I-485 processed until May 08 (in 8 months), if we take 80% acceptance rate the number of visa used will be 90780 and if we use 90% acceptance rate USCIS may have used 102127 visas.
Aug. 08 somewehere 6000 were processed.
I485 Receipt I485 Pending I485-processed FB I-485 EB I-485
Oct-07 237915 842231 50548 42500 8048
Nov-07 51773 845691 48313 42500 5813
Dec-07 35020 833141 47570 42500 5070
Jan-08 35771 813238 55674 42500 13174
Feb-08 38210 787516 63932 42500 21432
Mar-08 43548 762938 68126 42500 25626
Apr-08 50951 742597 71292 42500 28792
May-08 45357 739934 48020 42500 5520
* Data from USCIS months processing report
** Oct 07 Receipt number changed from 137915 to 237915 (just looked incorrect)
** FB is flat (730k-220k CP / 12 months)
We have 113475 EB I-485 processed until May 08 (in 8 months), if we take 80% acceptance rate the number of visa used will be 90780 and if we use 90% acceptance rate USCIS may have used 102127 visas.
more...
arnab221
04-22 01:22 PM
Decipher and GSC999 have totally contradictory opinions . Not sure whom to believe here .:D . There seems to have been 2 sets of opinons here of the members who attended the rally.
2010 Dog Rose Wallpaper (4:3)
perm2gc
02-02 08:18 PM
It is sad that none of these desi sites have come forward to help us put our ads on their sites. None has helped us in our cause, even though they are run by immigrants like us who were at one time waiting in line for their greencards. Now after getting their greencard they do not want to help the cause but instead want to make money from it. If any such site owner is reading this post and desires to help by posting our ad on your site, contact us.
Thank you for your effort to post IV messages on various websites.
1
could you do a search on yahoo groups, msn groups, google groups on greencard, immigration, legal immigration etc and see if those groups have many members and it is not an anti immigrant group from its intro. Then join them and start posting IV messages in them. You will find hundreds of groups. Each post will send emails to all its members.
i have already done that.I found only few groups that are active and have more members.I have posted in them.
2
There are several groups in yahoo, msn, google that belong to alumni of IITs, IIMs etc and a lot of their members are in USA. you can post messages in those forums too.
I didn't try that ,they may be moderated .i will give a shot.
3
Go through my thread- ideas to increase publicity of IV from last page to first page (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=694) . You will find several sites and ideas to post IV messages online.
IV is grateful for your tireless effort posting messages. While all others lost their steam, you have continued your mission. We recognize your efforts and hope some others will join you to help.
I will also explore the thread and post.
Will post the links as i find a place to post.
Thank you for your effort to post IV messages on various websites.
1
could you do a search on yahoo groups, msn groups, google groups on greencard, immigration, legal immigration etc and see if those groups have many members and it is not an anti immigrant group from its intro. Then join them and start posting IV messages in them. You will find hundreds of groups. Each post will send emails to all its members.
i have already done that.I found only few groups that are active and have more members.I have posted in them.
2
There are several groups in yahoo, msn, google that belong to alumni of IITs, IIMs etc and a lot of their members are in USA. you can post messages in those forums too.
I didn't try that ,they may be moderated .i will give a shot.
3
Go through my thread- ideas to increase publicity of IV from last page to first page (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=694) . You will find several sites and ideas to post IV messages online.
IV is grateful for your tireless effort posting messages. While all others lost their steam, you have continued your mission. We recognize your efforts and hope some others will join you to help.
I will also explore the thread and post.
Will post the links as i find a place to post.
more...

gc_lover
07-18 08:00 AM
Hi Guys,
Please post any July 2nd cases on this thread so that we all know if there really are any rejections. All I heard in the past few days was "A friend of mine got rejected on 2nd... My friend's friend got his rejected..Somebody got rejected..."
I didn't see a single post from anyone who got their OWN 485 REJECTED when they filed on July 2nd.
So please post your information as to when your app is received at USCIS.
Mine reached USCIS on July 2, 2007 @ 10AM via FEDEX.
Thanks.
Mine reached on July 2nd 9:01 AM. I don't think they must have rejected any application. I think, if someone is saying "rejected" means USCIS refused to accept the fedex, in which case package should be returned back to lawyers in 3/4 days.
If your package was accepeted by USCIS then it would be on hold and based on yesterday's news, now it should be ready for processing. I am checking this with couple of lawyers and I will update this thread with anything I find out.
Please post any July 2nd cases on this thread so that we all know if there really are any rejections. All I heard in the past few days was "A friend of mine got rejected on 2nd... My friend's friend got his rejected..Somebody got rejected..."
I didn't see a single post from anyone who got their OWN 485 REJECTED when they filed on July 2nd.
So please post your information as to when your app is received at USCIS.
Mine reached USCIS on July 2, 2007 @ 10AM via FEDEX.
Thanks.
Mine reached on July 2nd 9:01 AM. I don't think they must have rejected any application. I think, if someone is saying "rejected" means USCIS refused to accept the fedex, in which case package should be returned back to lawyers in 3/4 days.
If your package was accepeted by USCIS then it would be on hold and based on yesterday's news, now it should be ready for processing. I am checking this with couple of lawyers and I will update this thread with anything I find out.
hair roses wallpaper. This is
spicy_guy
08-11 05:57 PM
Again, as I mentioned, we are jumping all over the board with different ideas and opinions. This leads to no where. Someone who has good understanding of USCIS / DOS / Govt procedures should come up with an agenda and move forward from there. We'll need to work with IV leadership team too. (At this time, I don't think they are even looking into this effort, as understandably they have other goals in hand). However, we should approach them with concrete plan of action.
Everyone is willing to Donate $$$. But for what? What are we going to spend that money on?
We need focused efforts.
Lets join hands and maybe the OP can take the lead in preparing the agenda / plan of action.
What say you guys?
Bottom line: I believe we can do! Of course, we need to procure support from multiple sources like some of the ideas mentioned by the posters CompleteAmerica, Talking to senators on Aug 15th, etc.
Everyone is willing to Donate $$$. But for what? What are we going to spend that money on?
We need focused efforts.
Lets join hands and maybe the OP can take the lead in preparing the agenda / plan of action.
What say you guys?
Bottom line: I believe we can do! Of course, we need to procure support from multiple sources like some of the ideas mentioned by the posters CompleteAmerica, Talking to senators on Aug 15th, etc.
more...
like_watching_paint_dry
01-19 04:26 PM
Of course. Judges are the ones who interpret the laws. Officers just do what they are instructed to do. My point was just out of curiosity, how I think this law is being interpreted.
But of course. My opinion is not only not to argue with officers, but don't even talk to them. When I feel that officer wants some "conversation" with me, my favorite response is "sorry officer, me no understand, no speak english". period. Smile to his face, keep saying "sorry". Don't show any extra document - just only what is required, nothing extra. Officer can be asking any questions, just hand him business card of your lawyer, say "my lawyer, talk him". as worse English you will use, as better it will be for you. My experience.
When I first entered United States I was kept at secondary check for 4 hours (1999, IAD, Virginia). They kept asking me all kinda questions, it was no end. Finally I got pissed, I said "Sorry, I don't speak English good" and started playing with them. I took my dictionary and starting looking up every word. My next answer took 5 minutes. In next 5 minutes a woman walked to me, handed my documents and said "Welcome to America".
LOL. That's an interesting approach. I've heard of a story where a hispanic dude who had a beer breath actually get out of a breathalyzer test and eventually get off a potential DUI conviction because of lack of evidence. His excuse was he could not understand the instructions the officer was giving...
"no comprende..."
"put your mouth here and phoo phoo ..."
"no comprende..."
But of course. My opinion is not only not to argue with officers, but don't even talk to them. When I feel that officer wants some "conversation" with me, my favorite response is "sorry officer, me no understand, no speak english". period. Smile to his face, keep saying "sorry". Don't show any extra document - just only what is required, nothing extra. Officer can be asking any questions, just hand him business card of your lawyer, say "my lawyer, talk him". as worse English you will use, as better it will be for you. My experience.
When I first entered United States I was kept at secondary check for 4 hours (1999, IAD, Virginia). They kept asking me all kinda questions, it was no end. Finally I got pissed, I said "Sorry, I don't speak English good" and started playing with them. I took my dictionary and starting looking up every word. My next answer took 5 minutes. In next 5 minutes a woman walked to me, handed my documents and said "Welcome to America".
LOL. That's an interesting approach. I've heard of a story where a hispanic dude who had a beer breath actually get out of a breathalyzer test and eventually get off a potential DUI conviction because of lack of evidence. His excuse was he could not understand the instructions the officer was giving...
"no comprende..."
"put your mouth here and phoo phoo ..."
"no comprende..."
hot Candle and Rose wallpaper

go_gc_way
12-30 11:25 PM
justAnotherFile , thank you for taking time to post it. Good title for the classified. "Help yourself to solve your Green Card problems..."
Anurakt, thank you for visiting this thread and posting in wikipedia !
Dear IV members, we need to do more. Thanks so far for visiting this thread and doing your best. I feel that posting classifieds/emails/discussion threads in other web sites (regional or other websites) have good chance of bringing in more members to our web site.
For example , the classified in indiagrid is accessed 35 times so far ! Wikipedia and other web site postings will have similar access.
Looking forward to contribution from other members to this thread.
I have listed different web sites posted by city so far, they are less, can members from cities not posted yet help find the web sites and better post in thsoe sites? The title justanotherfile posted is most appropriate .. "Help yourself to solve your Green Card problems".
1)New York .
2)Los Angeles
3)Chicago .....................www.chicagosamachar.com
4)Houston
5)Philadelphia
6)Phoenix
7)San Antonio
8)San Diego ................. www.sasural.com/san_diego
9)Dallas
10)San Jose
11)Detroit
12)Indianapolis
13)Jacksonville
14)San Fransisco
15)Columbus
16)Austin
17)Memphis
18)Baltimore
19)Fort Worth
20)Charlotte
21)El Paso
22)Milwaukee
23)Seattle
24)Boston ...................... www.aapkamanoranjan.com
25)Denver
26)Luisville
27)Washington
28)Nashville
29)Las Vegas
30)Portland .....................www.eknazar.com
31)Oklahoma City
32)Tuscon
33) Atlanta ...................www.desigate.com,
34) Kanasas City ..............www.kcdesi.com
Anurakt, thank you for visiting this thread and posting in wikipedia !
Dear IV members, we need to do more. Thanks so far for visiting this thread and doing your best. I feel that posting classifieds/emails/discussion threads in other web sites (regional or other websites) have good chance of bringing in more members to our web site.
For example , the classified in indiagrid is accessed 35 times so far ! Wikipedia and other web site postings will have similar access.
Looking forward to contribution from other members to this thread.
I have listed different web sites posted by city so far, they are less, can members from cities not posted yet help find the web sites and better post in thsoe sites? The title justanotherfile posted is most appropriate .. "Help yourself to solve your Green Card problems".
1)New York .
2)Los Angeles
3)Chicago .....................www.chicagosamachar.com
4)Houston
5)Philadelphia
6)Phoenix
7)San Antonio
8)San Diego ................. www.sasural.com/san_diego
9)Dallas
10)San Jose
11)Detroit
12)Indianapolis
13)Jacksonville
14)San Fransisco
15)Columbus
16)Austin
17)Memphis
18)Baltimore
19)Fort Worth
20)Charlotte
21)El Paso
22)Milwaukee
23)Seattle
24)Boston ...................... www.aapkamanoranjan.com
25)Denver
26)Luisville
27)Washington
28)Nashville
29)Las Vegas
30)Portland .....................www.eknazar.com
31)Oklahoma City
32)Tuscon
33) Atlanta ...................www.desigate.com,
34) Kanasas City ..............www.kcdesi.com
more...
house Water and Roses Wallpaper
willgetgc2005
02-14 05:37 PM
Berkeleybee,
Just so that you know, I am caught in the name check too. This is a bigger blackhole than even labor processing. Becos atleast labor processing your Immigration Attorneys can write to BECs (You may or may not get a reply, that is a different issue, but atleast it is allowed). In case of FBI name check, you just cant do much. It is a much dreaded process in the whole game and needs to get enough focus. Eventually, it is going to be everybodys problem.
Thanks.
Just so that you know, I am caught in the name check too. This is a bigger blackhole than even labor processing. Becos atleast labor processing your Immigration Attorneys can write to BECs (You may or may not get a reply, that is a different issue, but atleast it is allowed). In case of FBI name check, you just cant do much. It is a much dreaded process in the whole game and needs to get enough focus. Eventually, it is going to be everybodys problem.
Thanks.
tattoo rose wallpaper Image
Googler
02-22 11:43 PM
All this discussion about revealing sources and gaining fame is really funny from my pov.
AILA liaison reports routinely name this official, news reports also routinely name this official. He has also testified before Congress and those transcripts are freely available to those who look. If you have not heard his name before and do not know he is the one who sets cutoff dates, it is only because you haven't been paying attention in class...:)
Also in this case it was Ron Gotcher reporting on the AILA So Cal Liaison meeting who revealed his name in the first place.
I should also add that I have no special connection with this or any other official (sigh -- wouldn't I have my greencard already if I did). I've done my share of research since I got stuck in retrogression in Oct 2005, and have exercised my rights as a stakeholder in the immigration process to pick up the phone and ask questions where ever I can. Knowing the sections of the INA, the contents of the Ombudsmans Reports, CRS reports etc. tends to make people very responsive.
As for the reason for me sharing this information -- which after all I could have just sat on for myself -- was because I would want the same -- if someone found out something that potentially was going to affect my greencard I would want to know. I want to know every possible shred of information.
Of course maybe that is what I should do the next time. Just sit tight.:D
AILA liaison reports routinely name this official, news reports also routinely name this official. He has also testified before Congress and those transcripts are freely available to those who look. If you have not heard his name before and do not know he is the one who sets cutoff dates, it is only because you haven't been paying attention in class...:)
Also in this case it was Ron Gotcher reporting on the AILA So Cal Liaison meeting who revealed his name in the first place.
I should also add that I have no special connection with this or any other official (sigh -- wouldn't I have my greencard already if I did). I've done my share of research since I got stuck in retrogression in Oct 2005, and have exercised my rights as a stakeholder in the immigration process to pick up the phone and ask questions where ever I can. Knowing the sections of the INA, the contents of the Ombudsmans Reports, CRS reports etc. tends to make people very responsive.
As for the reason for me sharing this information -- which after all I could have just sat on for myself -- was because I would want the same -- if someone found out something that potentially was going to affect my greencard I would want to know. I want to know every possible shred of information.
Of course maybe that is what I should do the next time. Just sit tight.:D
more...
pictures Rose wallpaper (64).jpg
BharatPremi
03-12 08:49 AM
It is safe that your I40 be approved but not necessary.
In theory you are right. But practically Very big corporations/companies have recently started a practice not to hire a person on EAD if I-140 is not clearly approved. Why? Lawyers advise them to do so. I have been hired by very prestigious company recently of course on EAD and first thing they wanted to make a check was on whether I have I-140 approved or not. Secondly they ask if I could submit 3 years audit report for "previous employer". That could make sense to me as it was a clear hint that they wanted to check whether I am coming from good financial based company or not... Why? The reason is that if that would not have been the case then there could be the chance of denying I-140 although it was approved. At least in my network of friends I am the third person who experienced this level of scrutiny before hiring on EAD. The reason is simple. They do not want to hire a guy who can not work at some time of the initial period due to I-140 related problems. So bottom line, I-140 approval is must nowadays for working in big corporations with EAD.
In theory you are right. But practically Very big corporations/companies have recently started a practice not to hire a person on EAD if I-140 is not clearly approved. Why? Lawyers advise them to do so. I have been hired by very prestigious company recently of course on EAD and first thing they wanted to make a check was on whether I have I-140 approved or not. Secondly they ask if I could submit 3 years audit report for "previous employer". That could make sense to me as it was a clear hint that they wanted to check whether I am coming from good financial based company or not... Why? The reason is that if that would not have been the case then there could be the chance of denying I-140 although it was approved. At least in my network of friends I am the third person who experienced this level of scrutiny before hiring on EAD. The reason is simple. They do not want to hire a guy who can not work at some time of the initial period due to I-140 related problems. So bottom line, I-140 approval is must nowadays for working in big corporations with EAD.
dresses Sparkly Roses wallpapers
ARUNRAMANATHAN
07-13 12:33 AM
well most the people are blood suckers ......until they grow up !
When they are a small start up firm they work for you ...after that it is the clerk who works for you not even a legal person.
Arun
When they are a small start up firm they work for you ...after that it is the clerk who works for you not even a legal person.
Arun
more...
makeup WHITE ROSE WALLPAPERS
grinch
03-15 07:53 AM
I'm going to host the next character 3d battle.
What specs do you guys want?
How about 6-7 weeks for due date?
Any themes on character design?
What specs do you guys want?
How about 6-7 weeks for due date?
Any themes on character design?
girlfriend rose-wallpaper-7
Jaime
09-10 04:13 PM
thx for catching that.. i m sending it now to my school
Great! Let's all do the same!!!
Great! Let's all do the same!!!
hairstyles Red Roses wallpaper
jonty_11
06-30 11:47 PM
Thx IV for workingon yet another pressing issue..
Continue the good work! v r with u!!
Continue the good work! v r with u!!
yabadaba
01-18 03:35 PM
http://www.nelp.org/docUploads/Fact%20sheet%20formatted%2Epdf
This will help you understand the law...you didnt have to answer the police officer.
This will help you understand the law...you didnt have to answer the police officer.
SunnySurya
07-28 12:21 PM
No, you won't be banned from IV. You just will be banned from this country.
And by the way, the thing you were trying to do is not protected by "the first amendment"
So I cannot even speak on IV and even little I defended my religion, I will be banned from IV? Freedom Of Speech
And by the way, the thing you were trying to do is not protected by "the first amendment"
So I cannot even speak on IV and even little I defended my religion, I will be banned from IV? Freedom Of Speech