arsh007
01-30 03:49 PM
1. Asking employees to pay for H1 costs is not legal. It would be in violations of CFR.
2. That is also illegal. Employer cannot ask employee to pay for payroll taxes that the employer owes IRS, and too, when you are not even working. It would be an attempt to cover-up the violation of immigration law: Not paying on bench. The only alternative to all that is cancelling her H1 if she cannot find project and if they cannot pay her, but that again would cost money. Damn its too expensive to operate a business legally obeying every friggin law.
3. If you are paying for H1 (which is really not legal) what would you refund them?
So whether you want to tell them "Go to hell" depends on how much you want the job and how much bending/breaking of law can you do.
Point 3 was for the employer refunding the employee for the H1 costs after completing 6 months on project.
Well it is an accepted fact that Employers need to pay for H1 sponsorship but desi companies hardly follow the rules. Well I don't understand from you point above why paying for H1 expenses means I am breaking the law. Rather it should be the employer who is breaking the law.
2. That is also illegal. Employer cannot ask employee to pay for payroll taxes that the employer owes IRS, and too, when you are not even working. It would be an attempt to cover-up the violation of immigration law: Not paying on bench. The only alternative to all that is cancelling her H1 if she cannot find project and if they cannot pay her, but that again would cost money. Damn its too expensive to operate a business legally obeying every friggin law.
3. If you are paying for H1 (which is really not legal) what would you refund them?
So whether you want to tell them "Go to hell" depends on how much you want the job and how much bending/breaking of law can you do.
Point 3 was for the employer refunding the employee for the H1 costs after completing 6 months on project.
Well it is an accepted fact that Employers need to pay for H1 sponsorship but desi companies hardly follow the rules. Well I don't understand from you point above why paying for H1 expenses means I am breaking the law. Rather it should be the employer who is breaking the law.
wallpaper Anais Nin Quote Life shrinks
TomPlate
10-21 11:40 AM
Obama is more a talking person. He would have given lot of information during this campaign season. But he will not execute. Everyone in the campaign said he is always on the neutral side. He is not with Yes Or No answers.
One thing I want to explain about tax decrease plan.
When the tax decreases for middle class and tax increases for upper class, then the upper class CEO and the business would like to see how they can increase their profit by not increasing the wage of a middle class.
Obama followed a non american politics giving lots and lots to public. But in reality he may sit quiet and only enjoy his benefit as a President.
If Obama elected as President, this economic mess is not going to go away.
Because it is now Global.
I will say if Obama is elected Health care change he expects may not be executed as per his plan.
And it goes on....
One thing I want to explain about tax decrease plan.
When the tax decreases for middle class and tax increases for upper class, then the upper class CEO and the business would like to see how they can increase their profit by not increasing the wage of a middle class.
Obama followed a non american politics giving lots and lots to public. But in reality he may sit quiet and only enjoy his benefit as a President.
If Obama elected as President, this economic mess is not going to go away.
Because it is now Global.
I will say if Obama is elected Health care change he expects may not be executed as per his plan.
And it goes on....
nomi
12-13 08:38 AM
Whats the advice on this from core group?
can we start mass web faxing USCIS for rule change?
Now we are talking....first we need green signal from Core Team and request them to make fax for USCIS. Once we have fax, then we will fax this latter to USCIS same day. I hope once 6000 member fax this letter to USCIS same day then we will see some action from them too and we will be in media.
I will also say that Core Team should sell this fax to its member for $10. If everymember pay $10 for this letter and if we are 6000 then it will be $ 60,000 for IV which will be very nice funds for IV.
All we want from USCIS that allow us to file I-485 or allow us to file EAD or AP so we can have some freedom of travel and job change and it will also help USCIS to start name check ahead of time and that will also cut their processing time to process I-485.
what do you guys think ??
thx.
Nomi
can we start mass web faxing USCIS for rule change?
Now we are talking....first we need green signal from Core Team and request them to make fax for USCIS. Once we have fax, then we will fax this latter to USCIS same day. I hope once 6000 member fax this letter to USCIS same day then we will see some action from them too and we will be in media.
I will also say that Core Team should sell this fax to its member for $10. If everymember pay $10 for this letter and if we are 6000 then it will be $ 60,000 for IV which will be very nice funds for IV.
All we want from USCIS that allow us to file I-485 or allow us to file EAD or AP so we can have some freedom of travel and job change and it will also help USCIS to start name check ahead of time and that will also cut their processing time to process I-485.
what do you guys think ??
thx.
Nomi
2011 -sayings/quot;gt;Life Quotes and
bskrishna
07-22 05:12 PM
So there is a good possibility that PD will not go back much in October 08 for EB2 I. There are about 40-50 k visa nos. EB2 I nos seem to be 20-30 k from about mid 2004 to mid 2006. CIS is capable of issuing 25k visas a month. So this could really happen...
if the visa nos left unused, spills over to FB, how the recapture bill can work, as the nos are being really used in FB. am I not seeing something here..?
if the visa nos left unused, spills over to FB, how the recapture bill can work, as the nos are being really used in FB. am I not seeing something here..?
more...
tjayant
11-20 07:08 PM
Here is my advice to folks trying to jump job just for $$$, even if the GC situation is bad , money should never be the only factor in moving for another job, plan long term , actually from what I know only startups have good opening but highly unstable so it is a catch 22 for most of the folks, I would suggest if you are in fortune 500 companies and the job is boring and salary is bad stick with it for 2 more years , if you cannot get the GC in the next 1-2 years I dont think you will ever get it, this is applicable for folks who applied GC during 2003/2004, 3+2=5years , for folks who has applied for GC after 2004 you can do what you want !!., here again look for favorable environment, Govt's change and policy change so make hay while the sun shine !!, so if the policy is favorable even if the job is bad but you can get the GC in 1-2 year i would stick with that company, because you will never know what will happen after 2 years , It looks to me like we might be in a cusp of policy change similar to 1999/2000, if you miss this boat you may have to wait for another 6-7 years. But again if my understanding is correct America is like a ocean and there is room for everyone , so no one need to be scared of GC etc, every one will get it in some form or other eventually , it is only a matter of time. As far myself iam still waiting for LC, but never really bothered about GC during my 9+ years stay , I just did what I wanted , but after 9 years I would like to move to a startup but controlling myself with the above logic !!!, But one good thing about waiting for GC is it made me a better person personally in learning ton's of stuff valuable for long run. so there is always pluses, everybody wants to be a Pirate (do what we wanted like jump job's at the fist obstacle/temptation $$$) but sometimes it is good to be controlled by external factors to get the best of ourselfs.
EB3_SEP04
06-11 12:49 PM
I wouldn't worry about this.. this bill is in embyonic stage, hundreds of such ridiculous bills are persented each years and they never make it to either house or senate floors for voting. Remember US politicians all the time "propose" or "talk about" such crazy bills to make happy the crazy segment of voters in their constituency and to make a buzz in the media. This is nothing more than Rakhi sawant accusing Mika of kissing. Nothing is going to happen without the full fledge CIR. Anyone believes the country which gives amnesty to illegals every 10-15 years will take such a nasty step and hurt itself ? Just watch in the months ahead what happens to AZ law or rather it's (non)implementation.
more...

GCDream
02-09 04:23 PM
They wasted 580 EB3 India visas last year (2009).
Total available EB3 India GC Visas per year: 2802
Used: 2222
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY09AnnualReport_TableV_2.pdf
Total available EB3 India GC Visas per year: 2802
Used: 2222
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY09AnnualReport_TableV_2.pdf
2010 life quotes and images. quotes
sunitharay
08-14 05:14 PM
When did you submitted your applications?
Please let me know? thanks
Please let me know? thanks
more...
sri1309
12-10 08:50 PM
With all the porting nonsense going on eb2 will move backward and eb3 will inch forward slowly. We might end up with eb2 and eb3 in 2002. congrats to all the people who ported, the only thing you accomplished is you made sure eb2 does not progress (it does not mean you have have moved forward by porting, it just means that you have made sure you have prevented original eb2 guys from getting green card), the people who ported wont gain any benefit but they will make it worse for everyone, they have to file a second i140 which will take at least another 1 year to clear and after 1 year when the ported 140's clear the eb2 will go back to 2002. You have also accomplished another great feat, DOL is going to make it impossible to file eb2 in IT jobs so even genuine people are screwed. Before people start giving red dots and justifying there porting I have an message for you, your behavior is no different from the people who did labor substitution, the end result was DOL ended labor substitution and the result of all this porting is DOL has made it impossible to get eb2 even for genuine cases. Just because others are doing it does not mean you can do it, obviously it is wrong therefore dol removed labor substitution and now dol is making it impossible to get eb2 for IT jobs even for genuine cases. 90 % of people doing this porting are desi consulting employees, they wine and complain about desi consulting companies as blood suckers (justifiably) but they themselves are bloodsuckers on the EB2 community by doing this eb3 to eb2 porting.
I see so many posts in response to this poor guy.
Did anyone think this may be a prank, just to distract our main focus. Why dont we just NOT comment on any such fellow?? and hence not loose focus.
Please lets focus on joint effort. Keep writing to Obama as he gave us his email indirectly to help him understand issues.
If we loose our jobs, then equations change., in this current scenario, with senseless regulations. We need a change. very fast..
Sorry if I hurt anyone, but its not worth commenting on just anyone., just ignore.
I see so many posts in response to this poor guy.
Did anyone think this may be a prank, just to distract our main focus. Why dont we just NOT comment on any such fellow?? and hence not loose focus.
Please lets focus on joint effort. Keep writing to Obama as he gave us his email indirectly to help him understand issues.
If we loose our jobs, then equations change., in this current scenario, with senseless regulations. We need a change. very fast..
Sorry if I hurt anyone, but its not worth commenting on just anyone., just ignore.
hair college life quotes. ob
cal_dood
07-05 03:20 PM
Since the sentiment is so strong against freeloaders - aren't all the people not donating to AILF freeloaders too ? Let's donate to AILF too while we are at it...
more...
rmscandy2006
04-08 10:11 AM
I think -We have to come to our senses. The law wants to treat us as slaves. Do the work and go back. They do not want to give the opportunity to have the american dream. They do not have problem with mexicans, or arabic country people, or anybody. All they want is - we do not want smart talented ones to take our white collar jobs.
We are screwed by our Desi employers, the law. We do it for $. So it is really upto us to choose from. Money or respect.
When I see fellow indians, at the age of 40, I feel pity. Most of us would see that they are in dilema as what to do. What they are doing is correct. They live a succumbed life.
Choose life !! is the better option !!
We are screwed by our Desi employers, the law. We do it for $. So it is really upto us to choose from. Money or respect.
When I see fellow indians, at the age of 40, I feel pity. Most of us would see that they are in dilema as what to do. What they are doing is correct. They live a succumbed life.
Choose life !! is the better option !!
hot life-choices-quotes-007.jpg

tabletpc
12-20 04:42 PM
..Yes, I did. In fact, many times...""
Then go have blast tonight...you are perfectly fine. Atleast now can we laugh..!!!!:)
Then go have blast tonight...you are perfectly fine. Atleast now can we laugh..!!!!:)
more...
house Life Quotes Vol 4
webm
04-29 09:00 AM
I opened the mailbox at home this evening and to my complete surprise -- the physical card! Sudden burst of efficiency at USCIs, 6 days from approval to actual delivery of card.
Good luck to everyone else!
Enjoy the Green on hand!!
Good luck to everyone else!
Enjoy the Green on hand!!
tattoo that good life quotes can
webm
07-11 01:38 PM
again no one can explain the ridiculous date movements by DOS...so there can be no reason for this..Its just that someone saw numbers being wasted...and they randomly applied them to EB2...Now as for getting approvals for all those that are current now...forget it ...since that is USCIS and that is a whole different Animal (a lazy one!!)
It's true..even PD,processing times current scenario also..AOS approval rate was very slow...as it happenend for me 2 months May,June being current EB3-I nothing happened..:(
Crazy CIS and its policies..:mad:
It's true..even PD,processing times current scenario also..AOS approval rate was very slow...as it happenend for me 2 months May,June being current EB3-I nothing happened..:(
Crazy CIS and its policies..:mad:
more...
pictures quotes on life with images.
seahawks
11-17 11:37 PM
Here's mine - NRC2008065496
I just send mine by US mail last week. My wife send hers too, I havent received a receipt no yet.
I just send mine by US mail last week. My wife send hers too, I havent received a receipt no yet.
dresses tattoo sad quotes about life
akhilmahajan
09-26 10:45 AM
There is a non-profit organization (like Business & Media Institute (http://www.businessandmedia.org/about/about.aspx)) that reports on wrong media reports. They have lot of reports on Lou Dobbs.
The details were posted in one of the many Lou Dobbs Threads. I can not find it.
If anyone can find it please post details of the organization and send email to this organization also.
Misrepresentation of facts regarding the recent rally in Washington DC. The rally was about increasing the number of Green Cards, and not H1-Bs. This reporter - Eileen Zimmermann has clearly gotten the two distinct issues mixed up.
The intent of the rally was to garner support and highlight the inefficiencies in the immigrant visa(also known as green card) process. This is different from the H-1B issue.. H-1B is a highly-skilled temporary work visa.
I ask that CNN must immediately issue a correction to this article to reflect the correct information.
Please call with any questions,
{Name}
{Phone Number}
The details were posted in one of the many Lou Dobbs Threads. I can not find it.
If anyone can find it please post details of the organization and send email to this organization also.
Misrepresentation of facts regarding the recent rally in Washington DC. The rally was about increasing the number of Green Cards, and not H1-Bs. This reporter - Eileen Zimmermann has clearly gotten the two distinct issues mixed up.
The intent of the rally was to garner support and highlight the inefficiencies in the immigrant visa(also known as green card) process. This is different from the H-1B issue.. H-1B is a highly-skilled temporary work visa.
I ask that CNN must immediately issue a correction to this article to reflect the correct information.
Please call with any questions,
{Name}
{Phone Number}
more...
makeup pictures of quotes about life.
rajivkane
07-20 10:42 PM
Hi!
My EB2 PD is Octo'2005 & receipt date of I-485 is Aug'17 2007 (receipt date on the receipt received from USCIS)to NSC(although online it shows first Aug'2007 & now October'2007). NSC online update shows Aug 10'2007. What are the chances that my application will be processed in Aug'2008? I received a soft LUD on 07/03/2008 on my I-485/ead/travel document but nothing after that.
Regards,
Raj
My EB2 PD is Octo'2005 & receipt date of I-485 is Aug'17 2007 (receipt date on the receipt received from USCIS)to NSC(although online it shows first Aug'2007 & now October'2007). NSC online update shows Aug 10'2007. What are the chances that my application will be processed in Aug'2008? I received a soft LUD on 07/03/2008 on my I-485/ead/travel document but nothing after that.
Regards,
Raj
girlfriend life quotes orkut scraps

amulchandra
02-01 06:48 PM
I am on H4 for the past 2years and this year I am trying to move to H1. The problem here is no big company responds to my resume.(Mine is not a cooked up resume. I have 6 years of experience and a lot of certifications). The only calls I get is from desi consulting firms. No US staffing firm nor BIG US firm sponsors H1s for first timers like me in US as we don't have US experience. They get their jobs done through consultants on Corp-Corp basis. Sometimes I am getting depressed seeing all this. May be I think I am forced now to go to a consulting firm to get my H1b because they are the only people who sponsor H1s in April to work in October which is 8 months from now. The system has to be revamped otherwise this system is going to exploit a lot of people like me. I cannot wait till we get a green card or work permit because it looks like it is a million years away from now. One thing I understood is that H4 dependents have no rights in this country and they talk about human rights violations elsewhere.
hairstyles quotations life quotes
rajuseattle
07-15 07:14 PM
Thakurji,
Until yesterday you were suggesting your employer asked you to do something which you didnt agree and that forced you to quit him.
today you are changing your version suggesting you are feeling sorry you quit him earlier...what had made this sudden transformation. Anyways thats personal thing between you and your ex-employer.
Anyways we are all happy for the Happy end of this story...that your ex-employer is willing to accept you as employee once he gets you GC and he is going to answer RFE.
I dont think you need any competant attorney now, your ex-employer's attorney should be able to answer the RFE.
cheer up...!!!
Until yesterday you were suggesting your employer asked you to do something which you didnt agree and that forced you to quit him.
today you are changing your version suggesting you are feeling sorry you quit him earlier...what had made this sudden transformation. Anyways thats personal thing between you and your ex-employer.
Anyways we are all happy for the Happy end of this story...that your ex-employer is willing to accept you as employee once he gets you GC and he is going to answer RFE.
I dont think you need any competant attorney now, your ex-employer's attorney should be able to answer the RFE.
cheer up...!!!
prince_waiting
09-26 10:06 AM
Respected Editor,
Please allow me to being a glaring error in the concerned article. The rally organized by highly skilled legal immigrants in Washington D.C. on the 18th of September 2007 was not for increase in H1B visa numbers. The high skilled immigrant community was protesting against unfair backlogs in the employment based immigration categories. Currently applicants in some categories are facing a wait time of about 8-10 years if they are from a certain country. Applicants with higher degrees (Masters and Doctorate) from US universities are also a part of this backlog. Always illegal immigration overshadows legal immigration on any forum in the immigartion debate and this group of protesters were trying to bring the hihg skilled legal immigration issue into limelight . When countries like Australia,England,New Zealand, Canada and even Ireland are making high skilled immigration easier, the US has not updated its immigration laws in the high skilled sector for the past 20 years. Also with the booming economies of China and India needing more highly skilled workers the competition for talent is hotting up by the day.
CNN being a responsible and influential media house should highlight the issue of high skilled immigration and not skew the facts.
Please allow me to being a glaring error in the concerned article. The rally organized by highly skilled legal immigrants in Washington D.C. on the 18th of September 2007 was not for increase in H1B visa numbers. The high skilled immigrant community was protesting against unfair backlogs in the employment based immigration categories. Currently applicants in some categories are facing a wait time of about 8-10 years if they are from a certain country. Applicants with higher degrees (Masters and Doctorate) from US universities are also a part of this backlog. Always illegal immigration overshadows legal immigration on any forum in the immigartion debate and this group of protesters were trying to bring the hihg skilled legal immigration issue into limelight . When countries like Australia,England,New Zealand, Canada and even Ireland are making high skilled immigration easier, the US has not updated its immigration laws in the high skilled sector for the past 20 years. Also with the booming economies of China and India needing more highly skilled workers the competition for talent is hotting up by the day.
CNN being a responsible and influential media house should highlight the issue of high skilled immigration and not skew the facts.
ujjwal_p
02-14 02:55 AM
1 Post WW-1 Germany started to prosper economically, Jewish people have significantly contributed to its development especially by intellectual activities and in knowledge based industry
People of Asian (mostly Indians and Chinese) origin have contributed significantly to the knowledge industry of US and enhanced its intellectual capital
Can we stop this bs please. Comparing the fate of us, high-tech, high earning, upper middle class folks with that of millions of people who were killed in Europe, Rwanda, Cambodia is ridiculous and insulting to say the least. Agreed the system is unfair but please let's not get over our heads. People still have the choice to work anywhere(mostly), have the same rights as anyone else, can buy a house, basically do whatever they want, as long as they don't break the law. Such superflous comparison is actually providing fantastic material to the anti-immigrants.
People of Asian (mostly Indians and Chinese) origin have contributed significantly to the knowledge industry of US and enhanced its intellectual capital
Can we stop this bs please. Comparing the fate of us, high-tech, high earning, upper middle class folks with that of millions of people who were killed in Europe, Rwanda, Cambodia is ridiculous and insulting to say the least. Agreed the system is unfair but please let's not get over our heads. People still have the choice to work anywhere(mostly), have the same rights as anyone else, can buy a house, basically do whatever they want, as long as they don't break the law. Such superflous comparison is actually providing fantastic material to the anti-immigrants.