abd
09-21 04:01 PM
How many days it took you to receive physical RFE after Online status update?
Thanks
I got RFE status change on September 2nd and my attorney recieved it on 7th Tuesday. It was long weekend.
Thanks
I got RFE status change on September 2nd and my attorney recieved it on 7th Tuesday. It was long weekend.
wallpaper Phillies, Baseball Cap
sameer2730
03-12 10:41 AM
To all those who are screaming and shouting about "IV collecting Donations and doing nothing", I am not a donor myself, but we have to understand that IV IS THE ONLY platform we (EB community) have. However shaky or small the platform is. It takes a different kind of person to doggedly keep at something as insipid and difficult and immigration relief for EB and to put up with all the brickbats that armchair immigration proponents and to be beneficiaries like us throw at the IV core.
Pappu, I have put forth this idea many times, and will do so again, let IV be a members only forum, with a REASONABLE annual subscrition amount (say equal to themonthly cost of a decent cable/satellite subscription:-)..
This will achieve the following:
(1) Assured, stable fund collection for IV activities
(2) Only genuine IV supporters will sign up.
(3) To some extent, may be, will keep antis away (this is not assured, but may happen)
...Its Friday, so pickup a 6-pack, 12 pack or whatever pack on your way home, and relax...
$25 a month is reasonable. What people want it GC in $25 in less than 6 months. Somehow these same guys do not mind paying lawyers $700 for EAD filing which they could do themselves. In other words they trust lawyers who are clearly have a self interest in you not getting a GC but will not trust one of your kind because these guys think their crummy $25 is being flinched.
Pappu, I have put forth this idea many times, and will do so again, let IV be a members only forum, with a REASONABLE annual subscrition amount (say equal to themonthly cost of a decent cable/satellite subscription:-)..
This will achieve the following:
(1) Assured, stable fund collection for IV activities
(2) Only genuine IV supporters will sign up.
(3) To some extent, may be, will keep antis away (this is not assured, but may happen)
...Its Friday, so pickup a 6-pack, 12 pack or whatever pack on your way home, and relax...
$25 a month is reasonable. What people want it GC in $25 in less than 6 months. Somehow these same guys do not mind paying lawyers $700 for EAD filing which they could do themselves. In other words they trust lawyers who are clearly have a self interest in you not getting a GC but will not trust one of your kind because these guys think their crummy $25 is being flinched.
ramus
07-03 05:32 PM
Please ask others to do it now...
Thanks.
Thanks.
2011 Phillies Baseball Hat
feedfront
09-17 03:37 PM
When they issue RFE, does the case status online shows Card/Document production?.
My online status still shows 'Request For Evidence'. In one way, it is less disturbing than yours. Good Luck!
My online status still shows 'Request For Evidence'. In one way, it is less disturbing than yours. Good Luck!
more...
indianindian2006
07-14 06:53 PM
How can you say dates will become current when I send the response.
As you said in your post earlier that your PD is Jan 2006 EB2 India which will be current in Aug-01 as per the latest VB.
As you said in your post earlier that your PD is Jan 2006 EB2 India which will be current in Aug-01 as per the latest VB.
Imm_Exploited
03-16 11:19 PM
Dear amsgc,
Just want to compliment you for your much balanced and cool response.
IE
Well, the fuss is not just about the wait - it about the seemingly interminable wait. Why should there be a wait of 5-6 years to get a green card, when you can get EAD in less than 3 months, or a visa to work in less than 2 weeks?
If the US govt. can decide that you have the qualifications to do a job (H1B premium), in 2 weeks flat, then why should a green card based on the same employment take 5-6 years?
Why should the wait for an Indian or Chinese be 5-6 years, but others be less than a year? At the moment, a cook from bangladesh is getting the GC before a doctor from India. Was this the intent of those who designed the EB "preference" system?
If you have infinite patience for GC, then that is good for you. But just waiting and scratching is not in my character, nor is it in 99% of fellow IVians.
Just want to compliment you for your much balanced and cool response.
IE
Well, the fuss is not just about the wait - it about the seemingly interminable wait. Why should there be a wait of 5-6 years to get a green card, when you can get EAD in less than 3 months, or a visa to work in less than 2 weeks?
If the US govt. can decide that you have the qualifications to do a job (H1B premium), in 2 weeks flat, then why should a green card based on the same employment take 5-6 years?
Why should the wait for an Indian or Chinese be 5-6 years, but others be less than a year? At the moment, a cook from bangladesh is getting the GC before a doctor from India. Was this the intent of those who designed the EB "preference" system?
If you have infinite patience for GC, then that is good for you. But just waiting and scratching is not in my character, nor is it in 99% of fellow IVians.
more...
desi3933
03-11 11:02 AM
The problem with this guy is he has got his GC and now he doesn't want anybody to have it. Basically he enjoys when people are having of pain. That's the reason he doesn't want any progress in PD's. Dude, if you don't like if people are talking about positve things such as "PD becomes Current" then my humble request to you is just stay-out of any converstations.
See here this guy is also saying the same thing what my lawyer has predicted.
http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?p=28881#post28881
Hey Joker -
I joined IV 5 years after getting my GC. Please look at my 900+ posts and pull out one (just one) that justify your stupid thoughts.
If that's make you happy - PD will be current next month. Now start dreaming again.
-- desi3933
See here this guy is also saying the same thing what my lawyer has predicted.
http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?p=28881#post28881
Hey Joker -
I joined IV 5 years after getting my GC. Please look at my 900+ posts and pull out one (just one) that justify your stupid thoughts.
If that's make you happy - PD will be current next month. Now start dreaming again.
-- desi3933
2010 Baseball hats caps
gc_on_demand
02-11 03:49 PM
I agree. I tried to see if there is a way FB category in 2009 might have received a spillover from EB. But thats almost impossible given EB is severely backlogged.
Another way to verify unused 13K in 2009 EB would be to check 2010 FB limit. If there were unused visas from EB in 2009 then they go back to FB in 2010.
Finally, per Ron unused is not same as wasted. Unused is unassigned. Wasted is .... assigned but action is not taken to close the case. If that is the case then wasted visas won't be available .... neither inside or outside category. It is frightening to think that with so many preadjudicated cases USCIS might be wasting visas! I don't believe this .... but if true ... it is outrageous.
I have asked to Vin13 if he/she can get source of information from Ron. If you have good contact with him can you ask for source of info ? Any link to USED vs waste number. Or even any link that made definition of USED visas and waste visas and their number for last year ? I am serious to get this fix this time , if I get a link to some document that clarify. I think that will help so many. Please get some links to information and we should build a team to fight for this.
Another way to verify unused 13K in 2009 EB would be to check 2010 FB limit. If there were unused visas from EB in 2009 then they go back to FB in 2010.
Finally, per Ron unused is not same as wasted. Unused is unassigned. Wasted is .... assigned but action is not taken to close the case. If that is the case then wasted visas won't be available .... neither inside or outside category. It is frightening to think that with so many preadjudicated cases USCIS might be wasting visas! I don't believe this .... but if true ... it is outrageous.
I have asked to Vin13 if he/she can get source of information from Ron. If you have good contact with him can you ask for source of info ? Any link to USED vs waste number. Or even any link that made definition of USED visas and waste visas and their number for last year ? I am serious to get this fix this time , if I get a link to some document that clarify. I think that will help so many. Please get some links to information and we should build a team to fight for this.
more...
nixstor
07-05 03:00 PM
Why would this website suddently decide to convert to a paid website? There is a link right on the top requesting funds / contributions, right? People who have resources / are willing to contribute will do it. Look at the postings of the core members who actually started this website. Did they ever make a harsh statement regarding the site visitors who have not contributed? Personally I havn't seen one yet, have you? They are very diplomatic in their efforts and thats what makes them leaders. We dont want juveniles to start dictating regulations in this forum. Lets leave these decisions to mature people who have insight in their decisions, OK. Actions taken when you are emotionally disturbed will do nothing but harm you and the rest of us. This site is and should remain a non paid. I have contributed a small amount sofar, however have found a very pleasant and enjoyable community here at the IV. I know many have contributed much more than me. Please remember that this website / core group efforts all began probably as a selfless act by a group of youngsters to benefit our legal immigrant community. Let not our emotions guide us but let reason guide us in our decisions and the best approach would be to let the core group decide. Now if they decide sternly that this can be run only as long as all the visitors/beneficieries contribute then I dont know what to say. Contributions were all voluntary and should remain voluntary. Some of those who support a paid website seem to be VERY AGITATED. If you are agitated while spending money then think twice before contributing. Dont expect everybody to do do exactly what you do.
This is a perfect example of how an argument can be twisted and turned around. So you would prefer Pappu or 3 other members to have a funding drive for ever instead of having a constant flow of money? No one questioned the intentions of core members or people who started the website. They not only started this as a place where we can discuss issues, but also as a place where people in similar situations can come together as a community and contribute towards the cause. The contribution is both monetary and personal time. Both grass root efforts and lobbying will bring success. I personally, (who has been vocal on the thread) am not agitated that I am paying and xyz is not paying. People do not see a need to pay for IV because they are getting what they want. Every one on their heart of hearts know what kind of platform we have built here and without $$ it all means nothing. An hour before I spoke with a NPR news reporter and she asked me if I were calling on behalf of IV as soon as I explained the VB fiasco. Its our choice to support through contributions or to undermine the main agenda of the organization.
Do not try to sell the point that we will lose membership if we make it paid, atleast to me. As I said before, people have come over to IV when hell broke loose time over time. I do not see a reason why they would stop coming. We are highly skilled but not very well endowed financially. What can we do other than lamenting about our personal choice instead of coming together as a community?
This is a perfect example of how an argument can be twisted and turned around. So you would prefer Pappu or 3 other members to have a funding drive for ever instead of having a constant flow of money? No one questioned the intentions of core members or people who started the website. They not only started this as a place where we can discuss issues, but also as a place where people in similar situations can come together as a community and contribute towards the cause. The contribution is both monetary and personal time. Both grass root efforts and lobbying will bring success. I personally, (who has been vocal on the thread) am not agitated that I am paying and xyz is not paying. People do not see a need to pay for IV because they are getting what they want. Every one on their heart of hearts know what kind of platform we have built here and without $$ it all means nothing. An hour before I spoke with a NPR news reporter and she asked me if I were calling on behalf of IV as soon as I explained the VB fiasco. Its our choice to support through contributions or to undermine the main agenda of the organization.
Do not try to sell the point that we will lose membership if we make it paid, atleast to me. As I said before, people have come over to IV when hell broke loose time over time. I do not see a reason why they would stop coming. We are highly skilled but not very well endowed financially. What can we do other than lamenting about our personal choice instead of coming together as a community?
hair NEW ERA 59FIFTY Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Hat Cap - 7 5/8 61cm Fitted
jonty_11
06-12 02:35 PM
it is very easy to say - support CIR and get our ammendments attached to CIR...we were not even able to put forth our ammdmt on the floor last time around....It is not as easy as 1-2-3 ...
SUpport BILL - Get Ammdt attached- Live happily ever after....
NUmber 2 above - Getting Ammddt attached - is next to impossible given the anti immigrant mood already persistant in senators (due to so many provisions for illegals) and also the Anti H1B lobbying thats been going on.
Remember we are always grouped with H1B folks, when it comes to GC
SUpport BILL - Get Ammdt attached- Live happily ever after....
NUmber 2 above - Getting Ammddt attached - is next to impossible given the anti immigrant mood already persistant in senators (due to so many provisions for illegals) and also the Anti H1B lobbying thats been going on.
Remember we are always grouped with H1B folks, when it comes to GC
more...
varshadas
02-23 05:56 PM
Guys I am down with flu. Not sure if I will be able to attend. Will drop by if I feel better.
hot Phillies hats/caps
clif
03-07 09:23 AM
What if my employer is definitely going to revoke my approved I-140 upon my resignation (past 180 days)? Do I need to file "Notice of I-140 Portability"?
Also, in the above posts when people are saying that almost no support is needed from the new employer to keep 485 process going smoothly, is it safe to assume they are changing jobs using EAD and not doing H1B transfer?
One more question, my employer will revoke my I-140 and my H1B. How long can I be without a job after they do that? Are the above actions of my employer very likely to result in a RFE from USCIS? If so, what will USCIS ask for in RFE?
Thank for all the advise.
---------------------------------
Contributed $100.
Also, in the above posts when people are saying that almost no support is needed from the new employer to keep 485 process going smoothly, is it safe to assume they are changing jobs using EAD and not doing H1B transfer?
One more question, my employer will revoke my I-140 and my H1B. How long can I be without a job after they do that? Are the above actions of my employer very likely to result in a RFE from USCIS? If so, what will USCIS ask for in RFE?
Thank for all the advise.
---------------------------------
Contributed $100.
more...
house Wholesale - Summer hats Philadelphia Phillies baseball caps MLB hat new
Lollerskater
10-20 01:11 PM
Highly Skilled workers:
Ensure high skilled workers trained and educated in the United States have the opportunity to stay and work in the United States upon graduation.
Reform caps for H-1B visa program to rise and fall in response to market conditions. Reduce bureaucracy and waiting times for workers to arrive in the United States.
Increase available green card numbers to reflect employer and employee demand.
Extend the ability for H-1B visa holders to renew their H-1B status while waiting for their green card number to become available.
Ensure available and qualified American workers are given adequate and fair opportunities to apply for available positions.
The rest of you guys; tell me this is not good for the EB community!!! Immigrants blindly think that Democrats are somehow the only party that will solve every problem of theirs w/o even looking at their agenda.
It is a no-brainer, McCain has a plan that will benefit us. I know we have no voting powers, but our support (in anyway legally possible) should be for McCain. Period!
Do you really believe what that website says? Seriously? You don't think that's a little to targeted towards pulling our heartstrings? With no solid action plan to back it up? Just like a hooker ad on the freeway?
John McCain does NOT know how to use a computer. That webpage has been designed, scripted and QA'd to specifically get that reaction from you.
The Republicans have been using this tactic for the past 8 years. They pretend to cater to your needs and then leave us shortchanged. Eg. WMD. Terrorism. Did that benefit us, really? Do you feel safer? Or do you feel just about the same except that gas has gone up about 300%, food 200%, unemployment 5%, housing market crumbled and economy about to "crater"?
He doesn't compare with Mccain on any of the issues except being able to talk. He spends more money running negative ads than Mccain. Then he says, john, 100% of your ads are negative where as only 50% of mine are negative. Which is true but if you dig further Mccain is spending 1bout 50Mil on negative ads where as Obama is spending 80Mil. Though he is correct in his percentages statement,is he really correct?
Any time any question is raised , call them slimy is another strategy of Obama. He did it with Clintons and he is doing with Mccain.
Have you had a look at the candidates' actions though? Barack has been realistic and truthful so far. He's went a gotten a good VP to back up any inexperience he may have. He's been addressing issues at hand, and I can't really fault him for ignoring the immigration scene when the financial scene has gotten so bad.
McCain has been a total disaster. Sarah Palin? Really? At McCain's age, if anything untoward happens to him, she'll be your president. She'll be taking care of the mortgage sector and finance on wall street. All those companies the govt bailed out? Yes, she'll be taking responsibility for all those. Is that really where you want to spend your GC life in?
On top of that, McCain has been acting erratic and weird. He's suspended his own campaign, gotten his crowd so rowdy that he got himself booed by his supporters, refused to look at Obama in a debate... is that how a maverick works? Is that how a tried and tested veteran behaves?
And then he's done the Bush thing again. Flat out lied to everyone to benefit himself. See David Letterman's case, where he stood the poor host up.
Folks, look at the BIGGER picture, and not your own selfish needs. There is no point getting a GC to a land that was not the one you had in mind.
Ensure high skilled workers trained and educated in the United States have the opportunity to stay and work in the United States upon graduation.
Reform caps for H-1B visa program to rise and fall in response to market conditions. Reduce bureaucracy and waiting times for workers to arrive in the United States.
Increase available green card numbers to reflect employer and employee demand.
Extend the ability for H-1B visa holders to renew their H-1B status while waiting for their green card number to become available.
Ensure available and qualified American workers are given adequate and fair opportunities to apply for available positions.
The rest of you guys; tell me this is not good for the EB community!!! Immigrants blindly think that Democrats are somehow the only party that will solve every problem of theirs w/o even looking at their agenda.
It is a no-brainer, McCain has a plan that will benefit us. I know we have no voting powers, but our support (in anyway legally possible) should be for McCain. Period!
Do you really believe what that website says? Seriously? You don't think that's a little to targeted towards pulling our heartstrings? With no solid action plan to back it up? Just like a hooker ad on the freeway?
John McCain does NOT know how to use a computer. That webpage has been designed, scripted and QA'd to specifically get that reaction from you.
The Republicans have been using this tactic for the past 8 years. They pretend to cater to your needs and then leave us shortchanged. Eg. WMD. Terrorism. Did that benefit us, really? Do you feel safer? Or do you feel just about the same except that gas has gone up about 300%, food 200%, unemployment 5%, housing market crumbled and economy about to "crater"?
He doesn't compare with Mccain on any of the issues except being able to talk. He spends more money running negative ads than Mccain. Then he says, john, 100% of your ads are negative where as only 50% of mine are negative. Which is true but if you dig further Mccain is spending 1bout 50Mil on negative ads where as Obama is spending 80Mil. Though he is correct in his percentages statement,is he really correct?
Any time any question is raised , call them slimy is another strategy of Obama. He did it with Clintons and he is doing with Mccain.
Have you had a look at the candidates' actions though? Barack has been realistic and truthful so far. He's went a gotten a good VP to back up any inexperience he may have. He's been addressing issues at hand, and I can't really fault him for ignoring the immigration scene when the financial scene has gotten so bad.
McCain has been a total disaster. Sarah Palin? Really? At McCain's age, if anything untoward happens to him, she'll be your president. She'll be taking care of the mortgage sector and finance on wall street. All those companies the govt bailed out? Yes, she'll be taking responsibility for all those. Is that really where you want to spend your GC life in?
On top of that, McCain has been acting erratic and weird. He's suspended his own campaign, gotten his crowd so rowdy that he got himself booed by his supporters, refused to look at Obama in a debate... is that how a maverick works? Is that how a tried and tested veteran behaves?
And then he's done the Bush thing again. Flat out lied to everyone to benefit himself. See David Letterman's case, where he stood the poor host up.
Folks, look at the BIGGER picture, and not your own selfish needs. There is no point getting a GC to a land that was not the one you had in mind.
tattoo Phillies hats/caps

pointlesswait
07-28 05:02 PM
DELETED!
I agree that we need some stress release discussion but i disagree that this the topic which we need to discuss on..open up any other thread which will give a healthy discussing like to discuss about the current market trend in US or open up a thread which will helpful to understand the recent N-deal of India-USA saying that how much india will get benifit with that and how?
I agree that we need some stress release discussion but i disagree that this the topic which we need to discuss on..open up any other thread which will give a healthy discussing like to discuss about the current market trend in US or open up a thread which will helpful to understand the recent N-deal of India-USA saying that how much india will get benifit with that and how?
more...
pictures Phillies baseball caps MLB
acecupid
05-26 04:49 PM
While on the way back from White Mountains in NH, our car was stopped on I-93 south by the US border patrol. They were stopping every single vehicle to question. They had over a dozen Govt vehicles with 40-50 people in uniform. My buddy was driving.
Officer : Sir what is your status in the US ?
Buddy: I am on L1 visa
I: H1B
buddy's wife: L2
my wife: H4
officer: is anyone US citizen ?
I: my son is (he was sitting in the car seat)
Officer: (to my buddy) Is your visa still valid ?
Buddy: yes
officer: do you have documents to prove your status?
buddy: i have some papers in my bag which in the the trunk
officer: can you show me?
(buddy got out showed him tax papers and answered some questions)
officer: did they not tell you you are supposed to carry your papers while travelling?
buddy: I came over a year ago so i don't remember
officer: I am letting you go, but i could have fined you $2000; $500 for each pasenger with no papers.
I was so pissed off by this experience, clearly they are doing this to harrase immigrants. theoratically even if I am going for a walk i am supposed to carry immigration papers because a border patrol officer, in theory, could asks me for my papers ?
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/immigration_Border_flyer.pdf
I have decided that if anyone ask me such a stupid question again inside the US and i am just going to remain silent even if that means they detain me for some time.
I think they let you off easy... sometimes they hassle immigrants a lot. I had one such experience close to the canadian border in northern minnesota. My friends and myself were asked to step out of the car at gun point and the whole car was searched inside out like a bomb squad. They detained us for 3 hrs since some of our papers were back in the hotel and couple of my friends had left their papers back home in wisconsin. They escorted us to the hotel, me driving the car and my friends locked up in the border security vehicle behind me. They checked my passport at the hotel and let my friends off with a strict warning.
Officer : Sir what is your status in the US ?
Buddy: I am on L1 visa
I: H1B
buddy's wife: L2
my wife: H4
officer: is anyone US citizen ?
I: my son is (he was sitting in the car seat)
Officer: (to my buddy) Is your visa still valid ?
Buddy: yes
officer: do you have documents to prove your status?
buddy: i have some papers in my bag which in the the trunk
officer: can you show me?
(buddy got out showed him tax papers and answered some questions)
officer: did they not tell you you are supposed to carry your papers while travelling?
buddy: I came over a year ago so i don't remember
officer: I am letting you go, but i could have fined you $2000; $500 for each pasenger with no papers.
I was so pissed off by this experience, clearly they are doing this to harrase immigrants. theoratically even if I am going for a walk i am supposed to carry immigration papers because a border patrol officer, in theory, could asks me for my papers ?
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/immigration_Border_flyer.pdf
I have decided that if anyone ask me such a stupid question again inside the US and i am just going to remain silent even if that means they detain me for some time.
I think they let you off easy... sometimes they hassle immigrants a lot. I had one such experience close to the canadian border in northern minnesota. My friends and myself were asked to step out of the car at gun point and the whole car was searched inside out like a bomb squad. They detained us for 3 hrs since some of our papers were back in the hotel and couple of my friends had left their papers back home in wisconsin. They escorted us to the hotel, me driving the car and my friends locked up in the border security vehicle behind me. They checked my passport at the hotel and let my friends off with a strict warning.
dresses Phillies baseball hats
mbartosik
02-14 02:20 AM
I've not noticed any fighting here. Maybe I've been too busy on IV stuff. There are Indians that I count among my closest friends.
I've pushed for removal of country quotas like many else, even though it would risk pushing me further back in the line. I've pushed for recapture too.
However if IV was only about removal of country quotas and not other issues, then it is fair to say that I wouldn't be here.
I've pushed for removal of country quotas like many else, even though it would risk pushing me further back in the line. I've pushed for recapture too.
However if IV was only about removal of country quotas and not other issues, then it is fair to say that I wouldn't be here.
more...
makeup Philadelphia Phillies Baseball
24fps
02-19 07:59 PM
read my lips, THIS BILL WILL NEVER PASS
its so redundant that even NumbersUSA haven't even reported.
its so redundant that even NumbersUSA haven't even reported.
girlfriend Baseball Hat - Silver
vkrishn
07-15 06:02 PM
Interesting that I did fingerprinting only in 2007 Nov/Dec after applying for I485 during the July 2007 fiasco. I have not received any fingerprinting notice since then. Guess I made an impression with my fingers. :)
I wonder why people are getting fingerprinting notices every year? I read a couple of cases about it.
Getting my EAD renewed, even though i am not on it. Renewal Package sent to USCIS.
Getting my AP renewed. Our company Attorney does it even though i don't use it and i am on H-1. Renewal Package Sent to USCIS.
Getting my H-1 renewed as it expires this Oct 10. Finished my 6yrs on H-1. Renewal Package Sent to USCIS.
If i get my I485 Approved in August, then USCIS gets all the money from the renewals that were sent for my case.
I wonder why people are getting fingerprinting notices every year? I read a couple of cases about it.
Getting my EAD renewed, even though i am not on it. Renewal Package sent to USCIS.
Getting my AP renewed. Our company Attorney does it even though i don't use it and i am on H-1. Renewal Package Sent to USCIS.
Getting my H-1 renewed as it expires this Oct 10. Finished my 6yrs on H-1. Renewal Package Sent to USCIS.
If i get my I485 Approved in August, then USCIS gets all the money from the renewals that were sent for my case.
hairstyles phillies baseball hats,
tooclose
07-12 06:52 PM
Hi,
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
Same boat, my PD is 3-Mar-2006. Are there any chances that the Sep visa bulletin would atleast move by a month ?
Gurus post your thoughts...
Can you point me to the source of the above? The reason why I ask this is because my priority date falls between March 01 and 07....So near, yet so far!
Thanks,
Same boat, my PD is 3-Mar-2006. Are there any chances that the Sep visa bulletin would atleast move by a month ?
Gurus post your thoughts...
ratiwari
07-24 01:14 PM
As far as I know my attorney wanted employment letter only for those whose I-140 approval did not come .With I-140 approved you don't need employment letter. I-140 deals basically with the status of employer.
pitha
02-21 04:05 PM
I agree with you but I am not frustrated but pointing out the realities. See what happenned to labor substitution. People misused it and the end result is there in no labor substitution any more. The way people are misusing eb2 it is just a matter of time when it would be almost impossible to get eb2 even for genuine job requirement. USCIS and DOL know what happenning with EB2 and they will crack down.
pitha...while i bear the frustration of the doors slamming on my face in october 2005 (eb2 was current prior to that) for the sheer fact that i had an incompetent attorney during the initial days when my LC process started.....i would not go far as saying that the porters have "cheated" the system.
The law via Chintakuntla provided that a person with a bachelors degree and 5 years experience is equal to an advanced degree holder.
All the porters are doing is following the law. Its frustrating to people like you and me, but its their right. If i was in their position and the law allowed me to take advantage of a provision of this nature, I would gladly take it.
pitha...while i bear the frustration of the doors slamming on my face in october 2005 (eb2 was current prior to that) for the sheer fact that i had an incompetent attorney during the initial days when my LC process started.....i would not go far as saying that the porters have "cheated" the system.
The law via Chintakuntla provided that a person with a bachelors degree and 5 years experience is equal to an advanced degree holder.
All the porters are doing is following the law. Its frustrating to people like you and me, but its their right. If i was in their position and the law allowed me to take advantage of a provision of this nature, I would gladly take it.