2012 gop debate

images the first 2012 Republican 2012 gop debate. Romney Wins GOP Debate,
  • Romney Wins GOP Debate,



  • gsc999
    09-20 02:37 AM
    Congratulations to all of us for having marched yesterday, I was extremely impressed with the level of organization. Salut to everyone who made it possible.
    However, I have a whole bunch of points, sorry if they come out strong....

    1) I absolutely agree with the 'Legal' Immigration issue, we did look as if we were immigrants and not defined as legal, I think high-skilled is secondary to the legality... This is one of the reasons I have not purchased merchandise, as it looks like it addresses immigration as such. I think banner by Chinese group exphasizing the legal aspect looked very impressive..

    2) It was obvious from speeches on Monday night and yesterday (friendship between US and India comments, etc) that this is seen as an Indian issue. Unless you are trying to show it as such, something has to be done about it. Non-indians were marching with you as well, and next time effort should be made to put together Indian, Chinese and whoever else when putting pictures, RollCall for example, or talking to the press, or talking to representatives. I have expressed my desire and submitted all information to the person in charge of organizing meetings on Capitol Hill, but was not provided with this oppportunity..
    Basically, it was clear that, as of now, even many representatives see the issue as Indians versus Mexicans... Not a good idea....

    3) I thought that some of the signs were extremely offensive to the Americans "We brought you yahoo/hotmail/google" and as such... if I were an American contemplating about my views on the immigration, and if I were as patriotic as many Americans are, I would be upset with the messages putting down local brains...

    4) It was a very impressive effort by Chinese group, thumbs up. Although very strange that so ew of them showed up. My CHinese colleague who alreday has GC and helped distribute info to his friends, told me that all 5 Chinese papers in the area had big announcements about the Rally

    5) I agree with disappointment about local people, it seemed like there were many more members from CA, NY and other places than VA/MD/DC, we should all be wokring on raising awareness.

    All for now
    Agains, congrats to all of us
    ----
    Good observation.

    Here is my response. to point # 1 & #3.

    Look, legal immigration is not just restricted to employment based immigration, it includes family based immigration. So if you say you support legal immigration that doesn't differentiate your message, infact, compared to 950K family based annual visas only 140K go to employment based legal immigrants. IV's agenda is employment based immigration. We are very clear about where we stand.

    Now point # 3. No Americans are not upset about confronting the reality about Hotmail, Google and other companies that create jobs for Americans. How can they, we are a country of immigrants. These placards were carefully selected and a lot of due diligence went into their selection and all of them had a positive message.

    Having said that, if you notice none of the IV members who attended the rally ever congratulated the Indian or English core members. Your post is the first post which thanks individual communities.

    I agree with rest of your message and that is why we need more support from members like you to bring diversity to IV. This is not an Indian organization and we never claim it to be. We need your paricipation to prove that point.





    wallpaper Romney Wins GOP Debate, 2012 gop debate. gop-2012-presidential-hopefuls
  • gop-2012-presidential-hopefuls



  • gc_aspirant_prasad
    09-11 06:54 PM
    ^^^ Bump ^^^^





    2012 gop debate. gop debate
  • gop debate



  • jw419
    04-14 03:11 AM
    Many people do not know about this issue yet. My senators do not want to do much on this issue because it is sensitive to bogus national security. My corporate lawyers (and executives) do not want to draw attention to this matter because retrogression is less trickier than this one politically. Guys we need to speak out otherwise nobody will even know about this issue.

    How big the impact is? Of the tens of friends, neighbors, coworkers I know of who filed I-485 in 2003, only one got approved. The majority is waiting name check clearance for more 2.5 years!





    2011 gop-2012-presidential-hopefuls 2012 gop debate. for potential 2012 GOP
  • for potential 2012 GOP



  • satysh
    07-16 11:51 PM
    I sent an email to Roy Beck - Founder of NumbersUSA about the false information that they present via the fax. I am expecting some reply.
    This is email that I sent..........

    -------------------------------------------------------------------

    Hi Roy,

    I am Satish. I am one of many immigrant workers working in USA. Recently, I came across www.NumbersUSA.com website and their propaganda. I respect your service to this country and your steps towards propagating your agenda to the congress. However, when I came across the following fax content intended to faxed to the members of congress from www.Numbersusa.com, I was completely shocked to see the points mentioned in the webfax. Let me give my insight on this.

    The fax content is as follows

    Dear [This fax will go to Your U.S. Senators and U.S. Representative ]

    I oppose any increase in the annual H-1B visa cap, including those in the SKIL Act. I am counting on you to oppose it.

    Here are just a few reasons why I hope you will oppose the SKIL Act:

    (1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.

    (2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.

    (3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.

    (4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.

    The result of the SKIL Act would be to further depress the wages of Americans working in high-tech and scientific fields and to cause additional job displacement for those workers.

    Sincerely, [Your Name Will Appear Here]

    My view on the above points.

    1) This is true that foreign workers bring their families. However, I reject the word "guarantee" used in the later part of the sentence. Let me further elaborate on this. When a H1B worker first arrives on the American soil, the worker's spouse and children if any, are on H4 visa. For your information, these dependents of foreign workers are on H4 visa, which is a highly restrictive visa. This visa does not guarantee a social security to women and children. By social security, I mean lot more than just a social security number. In some states, this results in inability to even drive and be completely dependent. Some of H4 people that I know are highly skilled such as Phds, Doctors, MBAs, etc.
    2) This is most shocking of all the points. I would love to know the source of this information. I am a H1B worker for last 4+ years. I have paid all my taxes including federal, state taxes, social security taxes, Medicare, FICA, etc. This is not voluntary deduction. All my employers were mandated to deduct just as any American citizen. I would love to debate this with you and NumbersUSA reps, because I have facts and documents to prove this. In fact, Most of H1Bs pay FICA tax, which we simply cannot get after retirement (in this case mostly 6 years on H1B). I would encourage you and NumbersUSA to contact reputed IRS expert to get more information on this. In case you don't get this information. I would be more than happy to meet you in NumbersUSA office along my documents. If some person or employer does not pay taxes being on H1B, that person is treated as tax fraudster, whom I am sure IRS handles very effectively.
    3) This is also not true. In my case I had to post my labor on job bulletin board (place where I had to work) for atleast 2-3 weeks with my skills, designation and salary offered. In case if any US citizen interested in this posting, he had an open opportunity to contact my employer about his interest in the job. By the way, salaries of thousands of H1B workers are on par with that of US citizens. Given a chance, I am sure that I can prove that I am better in all aspects of IT programming than some of the best on U.S. citizens. This promotes competitiveness.
    4) I would love to have actual source of this information. I know many US registered organizations that hire H1B foreign workers, who worked with fellow U.S citizens without any problems. As far as my knowledge is concerned, most of these employers are "Equal Opportunity Employers".

    Roy, America is a unique country that is built on immigrants. This is probably one of the reason why America is amazing in providing civil liberties to all people irrespective of caste, color and race. Also, America has such an immense talent in every field, which makes it a leader in this competitive world.

    I certainly welcome yours and NumbersUSA perspective on this email.

    Both of us strive to make America more strong and competitive.

    Thanks,
    Satish

    "It is the theory that decides what we can observe."
    Albert Einstein



    more...


    2012 gop debate. FLASH - NEWS - GOP DEBATE
  • FLASH - NEWS - GOP DEBATE



  • anurakt
    01-17 02:29 PM
    I tried to send you something in a private msg but your quota is full


    Please send me a message if you have contributed. I don't want to any non-contrbuting members.... The day is not far when IV will have a cease operations due to non-contributing members. !!

    ONE THING IS FOR SURE, EITHER IT'S THIS YEAR OR NEVER ....CHOICE IS YOURS





    2012 gop debate. kickoff to the 2012 GOP
  • kickoff to the 2012 GOP



  • greyhair
    03-12 01:50 PM
    Mr greyhair with brown matter,
    I don�t know those folks you are comparing with me. I just said that IV opened a donor only post in wake of delayed April visa bulletin. I wonder why they did this as this was the time to educate/ inform all the members with whatever information they had (Now it is proved they had no info). This is not what a �non profit� organization or any organization would do in a time of uncertainty
    This is obvious that IV can not dictate either USCIS or DOL nor they had any information on April visa bulletin but they did not have to hide anything related to delayed visa bulletin fom the non paying members.
    IV is a great platform that bring together all of us under one umbrella so that we all share the information and make plans on how to make employee based immigration more hassle free.
    As far as is concerned yes I go there and my id there is same as here. I go there so that I could share my knowledge and experience and gather the same from other folks in the same boat as me and this is the same reason I visit IV.
    As far donation is concerned I donated once but after that I could not do it for my personal reasons. I will definitely donate once I am out of my crisis, but yes whenever, there has been any campaign initiated by IV of sending letters or faxes I have done my part sincerely.
    I don�t know why people like you think that is there enemy in fact they both are there for the same cause and can work together (I don�t know about any past clashes if any between and IV management)
    All I want is that IV be more informative to its members.
    So Mr brown matter don�t talk more than what your brain can think of.

    You are accusing IV for cheating before saying IV is a great platform. Can't you make up your mind. You sound more like that Congressman Massa from NY. I am no Glenn beck so now don't start to tickle me.



    more...


    2012 gop debate. 2012 Republican presidential
  • 2012 Republican presidential



  • logiclife
    12-20 07:55 PM
    <If anything like out of status or unauthorized employed happened before your last legal entry into USA (whether is more than 180 days or less than 180 days) IT DOES NOT MATTER and you can adjust status. You are fine. What's important is that "out of status" and "unauthorized stay" periods must not happen after you last entered USA and after you filed your 485 - and if it does happen, then it should be less than 180 days.>


    So, logiclife, going with your above statement, I don't have any problem with my adustment of status? My last legal entry to the U.S was Mar, 2006. I applied for AOS in July, 2007. Can you point to any USCIS memo/documents stating the above facts? I was out of status in the year 2001 (more than 180 days).

    This is not based on any memo. Its in the immigration and nationality act. That is even better because it wont change without an act of congress. Its rock solid. Memos and field manual can be changed by USCIS and they dont need change in laws. To change or edit 245(k), you need change in laws, which needs an act of congress. So the whole thing is on rock solid grounds.

    The section is 8 USC � 1255 (k). Also known as 245(k).

    Here is how to find the text of 245(k) on USCIS website:

    1. Go to USCIS.gov
    2. Go to "Laws and Regulations" menu item on top menu.
    3. Click on "Immigration and Nationality Act" on the left menu.
    4. Click on the link that says "Immigration and Nationality Act" below the 2 paragraph lecture.
    5. Scroll down to Chapter 5 and go to "Act 245". DONT GO to "Act 245A".
    6. Under Act 245, go to section (k), the lowercase k.

    You will read this :

    (k) 7/ An alien who is eligible to receive an immigrant visa under paragraph (1), (2), or (3) of section 203(b) (or, in the case of an alien who is an immigrant described in section 101(a)(27)(C) , under section 203(b)(4) ) may adjust status pursuant to subsection (a) and notwithstanding subsection (c)(2), (c)(7), and (c)(8), if--


    (1) the alien, on the date of filing an application for adjustment of status, is present in the United States pursuant to a lawful admission;
    (2) the alien, subsequent to such lawful admission has not, for an aggregate period exceeding 180 days--
    (A) failed to maintain, continuously, a lawful status;
    (B) engaged in unauthorized employment; or
    (C) otherwise violated the terms and conditions of the alien's admission.


    Another link is here http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001255----000-.html

    Go to (k) -lowercase k.





    2010 gop debate 2012 gop debate. the first 2012 Republican
  • the first 2012 Republican



  • h1techSlave
    03-22 10:42 AM
    I have noticed that the % prior to Jan 2004 is a whopping 44.06. I have a bad feeling that this group (prior to Jan 2004) is growing. :eek:



    more...


    2012 gop debate. 2012 GOP debate Herman Cain
  • 2012 GOP debate Herman Cain



  • BharatPremi
    09-19 10:54 AM
    One legal aide explained me how ignorant most of the lawmakers are when it comes to legal vs illegal immigrants.

    I highly doubt the very essence of this statement. At the end of day they are "Law makers" and I am not ready to believe that they can not distiguish between legal and illegal immigration. It would be possible that they may be pretending the ignorance. Potter love to have a donkey which do the work without eating grass. Till now donkeys (Us) were working for those potters(lawmakers, Employers) without asking for grass with the hope that someday we will have very nourishing grass. Now donkeys (Us) have realized that there is no nourished food in near future so we have organized ourselves. In turn these potters will take time to devise the ways so as not to provide enough nourshied food to all these donkeys and till then to keep you going on they will pat our backs. This is basic politics... Yes, I do have lot of faith in "Us" but if we make our strategies with keeping faith in these "Potters" then I have high doubts about our success.





    hair for potential 2012 GOP 2012 gop debate. First 2012 GOP Presidential
  • First 2012 GOP Presidential



  • morpheus
    07-24 10:21 AM
    I believe you are overlooking three very important facts.

    1. The USCIS main priority at the moment is to reduce backlogs. Unfortunately retrogression works in their favor because it reduces the processing they have to do. Your proposal would increase the processing by forcing them to accept 485 filings and building up a backlog.

    2. The USCIS administrator would not be allowed to make a decision like this without input from Congress. It's radically different from concurrent processing, which is a minor administrative change. With AC21, filing 485 without a visa number would allow people to change jobs etc, so it is in the realm of political decisions, not administrative.

    3. The USCIS can't even manage to get premium I140 processing (planned since 2002), multi-year EAD's (overdue for years now) or issue regulations on AC21 (due since 2000). Even Congress can barely get them to act!



    more...


    2012 gop debate. cnn republican debate Jun 09,
  • cnn republican debate Jun 09,



  • grinch
    02-27 08:45 PM
    You can also use Mental Rey, and check the "final gather" option. Make sure when you use it you set the rays down to like 10 or 20, or it'll take forever to render.
    This will actually make all objects emit a certain amount of light depending on their brightness. For example, a stone wall will not make any noticeable light, but a bright white ball (a light bulb) will act as a omni light. I use this in almost all my renders to achieve a more realistic scene.

    That shader glow thing isn't what he wants I think. To add it though, open the attributes of the material, and under the special effects menu you just increase the value from 0. That does not make the object a light though, it adds a glow to the object in post (after the render), and so it does no make any actual light. .... i might be thinking of some other glow thing, soulty's way might work as well

    I will start my subway soon guys! I love the entries so far! Keep it up!

    Cheers!
    3dnirvana


    yeah I've known about the glow effect, and thats not exactly what I'm trying to acheive. But thanks for the mental ray technique, I'm gonna try it!





    hot FLASH - NEWS - GOP DEBATE 2012 gop debate. More About: 2012, debate, gop,
  • More About: 2012, debate, gop,



  • miapplicant
    09-10 03:25 PM
    Someone please confirm...



    more...


    house Republican presidential 2012 gop debate. gop debate
  • gop debate



  • gc_on_demand
    11-17 10:44 AM
    I think Senate is already there for lameduck,,,

    Come one folks from california.. We can do it..





    tattoo kickoff to the 2012 GOP 2012 gop debate. Presidential GOP Debate
  • Presidential GOP Debate



  • eager_immi
    01-26 10:16 AM
    I don't think you are taking a free-ride but remember only lobbying gets you what you want in this country. Yes u can feel hopeless and watch, or you can act and do something about it. There are no guaratees and but atleast you'll have no regret of having done your best. It is like saying "oh this exam is so tough i don't want to put too much effort into it since i won't pass." Remember the saying "No risk no gain."

    I (and may be lot of others like me) want to care about IV & want to contribute to IV. But there has not even a single thread of good news for last several months. This is very demotivating. I have contributed only once. Every time I visit this site, I feel guilty of taking a free ride. But at the same time I find it hard to make any contributions with nothing happening on the horizon. Currently it looks like what ever is happening or going to happen with CIR etc is just moving at its own pace. If we can not expedite it, then what is the use? in any case congress will pass some relief for skilled workers when CIR comes up.



    more...


    pictures 2012 Republican presidential 2012 gop debate. gop debate From The Week New
  • gop debate From The Week New



  • eeezzz
    02-14 11:52 AM
    The spirit of US is to united everyone from different countries and races to live together to be loyal to the same country. But truly they don't want too many immigrants from one or two specific country. That is why they setup the country limit rules. So the population for all the immigrants from differnet places grows up about equally in this country. I think this is normal to every country. I believe every country will do the same if they are facing a lot immigrants. If the other day many immigrants from other countries want to go India, Indian gov. will do the same.

    Just to be curious, where is the fight the OP mentioned. Can OP link us or is it just OP think there is a fight?





    dresses More About: 2012, debate, gop, 2012 gop debate. The 2012 republican
  • The 2012 republican



  • anurakt
    01-17 03:11 PM
    Sent PM... and FYI... I am not a non-contributor as well


    I have sent you a PM , please call me ....



    more...


    makeup 2012 GOP debate Herman Cain 2012 gop debate. Republican presidential
  • Republican presidential



  • GCAmigo
    12-27 09:02 AM
    My son who is in high school goes for a federal funded summer program every year.. he is cursing me now as he cannot claim the $1000 stipend since he doesn't have an SSN..





    girlfriend Presidential GOP Debate 2012 gop debate. 2012 Republican primaries,
  • 2012 Republican primaries,



  • frostrated
    07-13 08:37 AM
    Do any of you think that the dates will move forward next month? Looking at the backlog numbers published by USCIS, I think they moved as far as they could to make use of all the available visas. I am thinking that the move next month might be only a few days or a month at the max. USCIS mentioned last month that we could expect the dates to be March/April 06 at the end of this fiscal year. Will this mean that EB2I will hold out at March / April 06 for the next fiscal year?





    hairstyles cnn republican debate Jun 09, 2012 gop debate. Gop Debate
  • Gop Debate



  • rajuseattle
    07-14 07:14 PM
    ajthakur,

    U r covered under AC-21 if I-140 is not revoked by your previous employer.

    Be truthful to USCIS and using a very good attorney firm drat AC-21 and Employment verification letter to USCIS. Since your PD is current chances are after reviewing the new employment letter USCIS might approve your case.

    Please dont waste time in on this forum, instead spend some money to consult Rajeev Khanna or Sheela Murthy, it is worth spending every penny on the advice and their services for invoking AC-21.

    Per your RFE notice it looks like, USCIS is only interested in verifying your current employment in the similar profession. good employment verification letter and AC-21 draft is good to save your GC.

    RFE might have triggered due to previous H1B transfer, it has nothing to do with your employer revoking I-140. Trust me lot of desi consulting companies dont want to take any "Panga" with USCIS and 99% of the time they just ignore employees leaving them. So dont worry, dial in Murthy or Khanna consulting services and see what's their take on your case. If you are getting any help from new Employer's attorney that will be free of cost to you.

    Bottomline you need a competent attorney for answering this RFE and invoking AC-21.





    chanduv23
    03-07 08:37 AM
    Chandu,
    I filed 485 , Ead , Ap on my own... But i want to hire Rajiv/Sheela just for
    AC21 package... any idea how much do they charge ?

    Also if i use any attorney for coining just the "AC21 reply" will it change my case representation ? i mean do i have to use attorney for future communications as well ?

    Thanx

    I don't deal with Rajiv or Sheela - in fact I approached their offices during the July fiasco but was told that they are not taking any new clients.

    Others maybe able to help you with your answer.





    tooclose
    07-13 10:20 AM
    you seem to be right - the doc does say that ! - you made my day - MORE SOUP FOR YOU !

    Great ! Now atleast my application has a slim chance of getting in.

    :)