apatel_17
01-15 05:10 PM
The form firearm buyers fill out is a federal form that should be standard across all states. Perhaps your recollection is from before Feb 2002 when nonimmigrants' firearm ownership was not restricted.
A correction for my earlier post - the pamphlet is from ATF, not ICE. http://www.nafr.org/PDF/p5300_18.pdf
Regarding FBI Background checks for firearm transactions, they are required by law to give a decision in 7 days, or the transaction is automatically approved. There is a very efficient appeals process for wrongful denials that takes only a couple of weeks. There is also a toll-free hotline to call FBI and talk to an officer.
Wish they had all these features and the 7-day timeframe for immigration background checks....
I have lived in Nevada before. I think in that state and many other western states (where guns laws are more liberal) you have to have passport, I-94 and utility bills proving you have lived in NV for 6 months. That's it. You don't need hunting license to get a gun license.
Here is the biggest irony:
IN order to own a gun, FBI needs only 2 days to check your background.
IN order to get 485 approved, FBI takes months or years to do a background check.
I guess green-card is a more lethal weapon than a handgun.
A correction for my earlier post - the pamphlet is from ATF, not ICE. http://www.nafr.org/PDF/p5300_18.pdf
Regarding FBI Background checks for firearm transactions, they are required by law to give a decision in 7 days, or the transaction is automatically approved. There is a very efficient appeals process for wrongful denials that takes only a couple of weeks. There is also a toll-free hotline to call FBI and talk to an officer.
Wish they had all these features and the 7-day timeframe for immigration background checks....
I have lived in Nevada before. I think in that state and many other western states (where guns laws are more liberal) you have to have passport, I-94 and utility bills proving you have lived in NV for 6 months. That's it. You don't need hunting license to get a gun license.
Here is the biggest irony:
IN order to own a gun, FBI needs only 2 days to check your background.
IN order to get 485 approved, FBI takes months or years to do a background check.
I guess green-card is a more lethal weapon than a handgun.
wallpaper Long Hairstyles for Fine Hair

thankgod
06-03 12:16 PM
snathan, dig up the history of these winers and lets see what they have accomplished or contributed to this world. Being the first would indicate that person (according to your definition of power) would be extrememly powerful, right? Now ask them to pen an essay on any issue and lets compare that to another class topper who just exels in creative thinking. Or lets just give these two candidates a project to work on and lets see who comes up with better ideas or greater problem solving skills. I personally know a kid who did not make it to the final round but just fell short (this year) and honestly I can tell you that the only skill (yes, the only skill) she has is this one. She is not involved in music lessons, does not participate in science olympiad, advance math or anything of that sort. Now I have to admit that this is the only one candidate I know personally for this year. Let me be honest from the depth of my heart that there is no issue of jealousiness or envy here. This is just a frank opinion and as we have already seen, there are an equal number of people who dont think this is a competition that is to be given the importance it is being given.
Simple fact. I agree with you.
Simple fact. I agree with you.
USINPAC
07-13 02:57 PM
July 13, 2007
Aman Kapoor
Co-Founder
Immigration Voice
P.O. Box 114
Dayton, NJ 08810
aman@immigrationvoice.org
Dear Aman,
This letter is regarding the article "Say it with flowers: Gandhigiri for US green cards" published by the Indian Express on Wednesday, July 11, 2007. The article erroneously indicated that Robinder Sachdev from USINPAC was a coordinator of the flower protest initiative. As you obviously know, this is incorrect. I assure you that Mr. Sachdev did not make this false representation. We are reaching out to the reporter requesting they publish a clarification. USINPAC is aware that the flower plan was originated and organized by Immigration Voice and has responded to all enquiries accordingly. Please feel free to call (202-276-7946) or email me on this, if you have any further questions.
Warm Regards,
Surabhi Garg
Director, Member Initiatives
202-276-7946 (Cell#)
sgarg@usinpac.com
www.usinpac.com
Aman Kapoor
Co-Founder
Immigration Voice
P.O. Box 114
Dayton, NJ 08810
aman@immigrationvoice.org
Dear Aman,
This letter is regarding the article "Say it with flowers: Gandhigiri for US green cards" published by the Indian Express on Wednesday, July 11, 2007. The article erroneously indicated that Robinder Sachdev from USINPAC was a coordinator of the flower protest initiative. As you obviously know, this is incorrect. I assure you that Mr. Sachdev did not make this false representation. We are reaching out to the reporter requesting they publish a clarification. USINPAC is aware that the flower plan was originated and organized by Immigration Voice and has responded to all enquiries accordingly. Please feel free to call (202-276-7946) or email me on this, if you have any further questions.
Warm Regards,
Surabhi Garg
Director, Member Initiatives
202-276-7946 (Cell#)
sgarg@usinpac.com
www.usinpac.com
2011 long hair styles
21stIcon
02-19 04:22 PM
hopein07,
What is your understating on money return on whole life ins. plocy?. do you think you can cancel at anytime and get back your premium or withdraw portion of your investment?
Does anything mentioned on your link about policy surrender or money withdrawal when policy is in force? please search more and post here....
What is your understating on money return on whole life ins. plocy?. do you think you can cancel at anytime and get back your premium or withdraw portion of your investment?
Does anything mentioned on your link about policy surrender or money withdrawal when policy is in force? please search more and post here....
more...
Munna Bhai
08-15 07:49 PM
There are limits to everything - and to worries too. Of course you don't want to be taking meaningless risks, but to live like a chicken is not an option either. But this is more philosophical, here is my question.
USCIS may send RFEs for whatever and whoever they think it's reasonable. They can investigate and reinvestigate and GC holders and citizens, it's their job. Now tell me. How many you know of GC holders who got denied their citizenships because they just threw away their W2s? How many GCs were actually revoked and people were deported because USCIS investigated company and found out that most of the employees were H1b?
Here is case of my cousin, he had his GC for many years, his wife and kids got citizenships. He didn't because he didn't accrue his 5 years in the US. He felt that he would be more successful in his home country. So he had business over there and was traveling back and forth to/from US. Once, at airport the immigration officer asked why he was traveling so much? He honestly answered "i'm doing business abroad". What do you think? INS officer initiated investigation and put him on deportation. Reason? "Absence of immigration intent!!!!". The case was quickly dismissed by immigration judge. My cousin was telling me how angry the judge was at prosecutors, he told them not to waste tax money like this anymore. So... what would be the right choice for him? Taking risk and making money (now he has a $1M house in LA) or be "careful" and live in some crappy hollywood apartment until his citizenship?
Very well answered Bestia, I would live like a loin then like chicken, enough of this life...EAD,AC21 is enough for me.
USCIS may send RFEs for whatever and whoever they think it's reasonable. They can investigate and reinvestigate and GC holders and citizens, it's their job. Now tell me. How many you know of GC holders who got denied their citizenships because they just threw away their W2s? How many GCs were actually revoked and people were deported because USCIS investigated company and found out that most of the employees were H1b?
Here is case of my cousin, he had his GC for many years, his wife and kids got citizenships. He didn't because he didn't accrue his 5 years in the US. He felt that he would be more successful in his home country. So he had business over there and was traveling back and forth to/from US. Once, at airport the immigration officer asked why he was traveling so much? He honestly answered "i'm doing business abroad". What do you think? INS officer initiated investigation and put him on deportation. Reason? "Absence of immigration intent!!!!". The case was quickly dismissed by immigration judge. My cousin was telling me how angry the judge was at prosecutors, he told them not to waste tax money like this anymore. So... what would be the right choice for him? Taking risk and making money (now he has a $1M house in LA) or be "careful" and live in some crappy hollywood apartment until his citizenship?
Very well answered Bestia, I would live like a loin then like chicken, enough of this life...EAD,AC21 is enough for me.
yabadaba
11-08 11:56 AM
The people who wants to be a part of American Society should first definately be a very open minded towards all cultures and social trends.
Other thing to be Indian or representing Indian traditions is not a crime but certainly every time barking against anything Indian may certainly be a crime as it is a clear indication of closed door or prejudicial mind towards one particular country and culture. Americans do not mind if one shows that he is Indian now and want to become in American future. Although they prefer that AND that is why they label Jindal as Indian-American although he born in USA. If there are majority Indians on IV board, it is not a crime but it is obvious. Some of my chienese friends on IV board may start thread for wishing chienese festival, I bet most Indians on this board will welcome and same goes with Muslim friends on IV board. Starting and wishing EID MUBARAK thread (By the way that is also a Indian tradition..And I am proud of that too) is not a crime and by now if nobody started it does not mean other people may not welcome it. If you are a Muslim, start the thread for EID Mubarak, I will be the first to welcome that step. You want to be American,, right? Then first start learning open mind and start respecting the culture of majority IV memebers first. If you would not start that now how will you settle yourself in cultural pot of the world?
If you are an Indian citizen right now take control over your inferiority complex and get over it because if you do not respect your culture or your tradition what guaranty would be there for Americans that you would respect American traditions in future. Even Americans are not fool. And how dare you pretend that people form China and other countries just stop supporting IV as they just see few threads celebrating Indian culture? So stop this bullshit now otherwise I may have to request moderators to ban you.
By the way Happy Diwali to you and your family.
As usual you twisted my point to make it out that I dont have any "cultural values," as you define it.
I think chandu and paskal in their subsequent msgs got my point exactly that we should promote happy <festival> of all regions/traditions rather than focusing on the majority one.
That would promote IV's agenda rather than distract from it.
Its people like you with your misguided "cultural values" that are the cause of problems around the world. You are like the Indian version of ALIPAC.
Other thing to be Indian or representing Indian traditions is not a crime but certainly every time barking against anything Indian may certainly be a crime as it is a clear indication of closed door or prejudicial mind towards one particular country and culture. Americans do not mind if one shows that he is Indian now and want to become in American future. Although they prefer that AND that is why they label Jindal as Indian-American although he born in USA. If there are majority Indians on IV board, it is not a crime but it is obvious. Some of my chienese friends on IV board may start thread for wishing chienese festival, I bet most Indians on this board will welcome and same goes with Muslim friends on IV board. Starting and wishing EID MUBARAK thread (By the way that is also a Indian tradition..And I am proud of that too) is not a crime and by now if nobody started it does not mean other people may not welcome it. If you are a Muslim, start the thread for EID Mubarak, I will be the first to welcome that step. You want to be American,, right? Then first start learning open mind and start respecting the culture of majority IV memebers first. If you would not start that now how will you settle yourself in cultural pot of the world?
If you are an Indian citizen right now take control over your inferiority complex and get over it because if you do not respect your culture or your tradition what guaranty would be there for Americans that you would respect American traditions in future. Even Americans are not fool. And how dare you pretend that people form China and other countries just stop supporting IV as they just see few threads celebrating Indian culture? So stop this bullshit now otherwise I may have to request moderators to ban you.
By the way Happy Diwali to you and your family.
As usual you twisted my point to make it out that I dont have any "cultural values," as you define it.
I think chandu and paskal in their subsequent msgs got my point exactly that we should promote happy <festival> of all regions/traditions rather than focusing on the majority one.
That would promote IV's agenda rather than distract from it.
Its people like you with your misguided "cultural values" that are the cause of problems around the world. You are like the Indian version of ALIPAC.
more...
schrodinger
08-10 11:13 PM
This is def not right...I checked out the 'News' section (see link below) on the website which published the bulletin...how come they have published only the Sept bulletin and NOT any other month's bulletin....
Pederson Immigration Law Group, P.C. - News (http://www.usvisainfo.com/content/category/1/1/31/)
Pederson Immigration Law Group, P.C. - News (http://www.usvisainfo.com/content/category/1/1/31/)
2010 | Fine Hair | Thin Hair | Hair
bugsbunny
04-21 02:29 PM
Either the OP is posting for time pass or need to read the Immigration for Dummies...
ahhh i assume you have read Immigration for Dummies...good for you. Unfortunately we are not all as knowledgeable. If you feel its time pass there is no need to reply. But laughing and mocking is not needed
ahhh i assume you have read Immigration for Dummies...good for you. Unfortunately we are not all as knowledgeable. If you feel its time pass there is no need to reply. But laughing and mocking is not needed
more...
gaz
04-20 12:15 PM
it may be so in some scenarios - but i'm not sure if thats the rule rather than the exception. but then again - i'm speaking from my limited experience in this area, which does not include a consultant position (have always been a full time employee), and could very well be wrong about how this works in the consulting world.
my intention is not to preach - just bringing up what i've been told and have read on IV regarding the letter and spirit of the law around filing - and that the OP should be aware of this before deciding on a course of action.
Sure. h-1b is now; labor is what you are going to do when greencard gets approved.
try telling a consultant who is qualified for eb2 that the job dictates it is eb3 and they won't sleep or eat -:).
Reality of the process and how it works is quite different. If you really wanted to pick on things; DOL assessment of education and experience dictate that all of the IT positions should not require more then bachelors and four years of experience (ever IT labor filed with eb2 requirements it to be answered that the job requirements are NOTnormal for the positoin.
If companies don't want to file eb2 then employee will not stay (they cannot fathom waiting 10 years for greencard).
Maybe people don't want to hear this but that is reality of the situation.
my intention is not to preach - just bringing up what i've been told and have read on IV regarding the letter and spirit of the law around filing - and that the OP should be aware of this before deciding on a course of action.
Sure. h-1b is now; labor is what you are going to do when greencard gets approved.
try telling a consultant who is qualified for eb2 that the job dictates it is eb3 and they won't sleep or eat -:).
Reality of the process and how it works is quite different. If you really wanted to pick on things; DOL assessment of education and experience dictate that all of the IT positions should not require more then bachelors and four years of experience (ever IT labor filed with eb2 requirements it to be answered that the job requirements are NOTnormal for the positoin.
If companies don't want to file eb2 then employee will not stay (they cannot fathom waiting 10 years for greencard).
Maybe people don't want to hear this but that is reality of the situation.
hair Mid-Length Hair Styles

svr_76
01-14 06:00 PM
`(e) Inapplicability of Numerical Limitations- When an alien is granted lawful permanent resident status under this subsection, the number of immigrant visas authorized to be issued under any provision of this Act shall not be reduced. The numerical limitations of sections 201 and 202 shall not apply to adjustment of status under this section
This ia a dangerous clause. So basically, an unlawfull alien residing in US for past 5 years gets change his status to PR, moreover he is not restricted by the per country limit he can go from filing I-485 to get a Visa number allotted to him practically overnight..and not having to wait like folks from India or China ....
I dont think this bills has anything favourable to legal immigrants... It better to apply as the other category ....
This ia a dangerous clause. So basically, an unlawfull alien residing in US for past 5 years gets change his status to PR, moreover he is not restricted by the per country limit he can go from filing I-485 to get a Visa number allotted to him practically overnight..and not having to wait like folks from India or China ....
I dont think this bills has anything favourable to legal immigrants... It better to apply as the other category ....
more...
psethi
07-01 02:37 PM
I am trying to efile AP and there is a question regarding date of intended departure and expected length of the trip. I am applying AP for emergency travel and don't have any fixed plans for travel now. Please let me know what to fill if any one is in the same situation who have e-filed.
anyone
anyone
hot long hairstyles for fine hair.
s416504
02-16 08:46 AM
Project_A - Still waiting for your reply. Appreciate your quick reply.
Thanks for prompt reply.
I mean Did you earned your MS after 3 year degree from India? In short Does ISU offer MS for 30 credits for person having 3 year degree from India?
I think If any Univercity needs total X credits to finish US MS then that univercity counts How many credits (Y) one has earned from his past education. So X-Y gives how many more need to earned to finish MS.
Thanks for prompt reply.
I mean Did you earned your MS after 3 year degree from India? In short Does ISU offer MS for 30 credits for person having 3 year degree from India?
I think If any Univercity needs total X credits to finish US MS then that univercity counts How many credits (Y) one has earned from his past education. So X-Y gives how many more need to earned to finish MS.
more...
house short black hair styles. Long
wahwah
11-14 10:31 PM
you argued with me unnecessarily......my prediction of severe retrogression in 2 months was not incorrect.
All
Charge-ability
Areas
Except
Those
Listed
CHINA-
mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES
Employ-ment
-Based
1st C C C C C
2nd C 01JAN03 01JAN02 C C
3rd 01SEP02 15OCT01 01MAY01 22APR01 01SEP02
Other
Workers 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employ-ment Areas/
Regional Centers C C C C C
You are just repeating yourself. Show me the logic why entering all apps will retrogress the PD?
Let me give a concrete example. For India EB2, why would the PD not move from, say, April 2004 to January 2005, even if, say, 20 million people with priority date at 2006 apply for I485?
Understand the procedure first. With a better idea of applications in pipeline, you will see the PD movement to be better predicted, not retrogression.
Why is it obvious? Show me the logic man!! Instead of just stating it. If ROW was current till now on some category, everybody who were supposed to file would have filed. Why would it get retrogressed. You understand that only the unused ROW numbers trickle over ot India/China etc.
So, you are saying you don't have a logic. You are speculating and saying only time will prove you right? Eh?
All
Charge-ability
Areas
Except
Those
Listed
CHINA-
mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES
Employ-ment
-Based
1st C C C C C
2nd C 01JAN03 01JAN02 C C
3rd 01SEP02 15OCT01 01MAY01 22APR01 01SEP02
Other
Workers 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employ-ment Areas/
Regional Centers C C C C C
You are just repeating yourself. Show me the logic why entering all apps will retrogress the PD?
Let me give a concrete example. For India EB2, why would the PD not move from, say, April 2004 to January 2005, even if, say, 20 million people with priority date at 2006 apply for I485?
Understand the procedure first. With a better idea of applications in pipeline, you will see the PD movement to be better predicted, not retrogression.
Why is it obvious? Show me the logic man!! Instead of just stating it. If ROW was current till now on some category, everybody who were supposed to file would have filed. Why would it get retrogressed. You understand that only the unused ROW numbers trickle over ot India/China etc.
So, you are saying you don't have a logic. You are speculating and saying only time will prove you right? Eh?
tattoo style well. Medium length
lonedesi
04-15 12:56 PM
Luckysiri, I am sure things will work out for you and your family. You definitely need to expose and name your employer whose sadistic attitude caused so much pain and suffering during these critical months. We need to teach such employers a valuable lesson so that they don't ruin some one else's peace of mind. Good luck.
more...
pictures Layered hair style on fine
pmpforgc
10-10 09:24 PM
Friends
I filed My concurrent I-140 and I-485 in Schedule A Group-II , EB-2, Exceptional Ability in Arts and Sciences Application with USCIS recipt date of AUGUST 24, 2006 for both I-140 and I-485?
(1) My I-140 is yet not approved I had asked my attorney to do premium processing. In this new situation should I go for premium processing or hold it back as they will not process my I-485 due to un availability of numbers in Schedule A.
(2)With current retrogession in Schedule A in November visa bulletin What will happen to my I-140 and I-485 processing.
(3)If Schedule A categorey ends after 10/5/2005 as indicated in November visa bulletin what will happen to CASES like mine which were filed after that? does they get transfered to EB-2 ( or EB-3) with their filing dates, set as priority date?
(4) Does establishment of date of 10/5/2005 in NOVEMBER visa bulletin means that they will still process application that they accepted till this NOVEMBER-2006 .
Your experienced help is Gretaly appreciated in this developing situation.
I filed My concurrent I-140 and I-485 in Schedule A Group-II , EB-2, Exceptional Ability in Arts and Sciences Application with USCIS recipt date of AUGUST 24, 2006 for both I-140 and I-485?
(1) My I-140 is yet not approved I had asked my attorney to do premium processing. In this new situation should I go for premium processing or hold it back as they will not process my I-485 due to un availability of numbers in Schedule A.
(2)With current retrogession in Schedule A in November visa bulletin What will happen to my I-140 and I-485 processing.
(3)If Schedule A categorey ends after 10/5/2005 as indicated in November visa bulletin what will happen to CASES like mine which were filed after that? does they get transfered to EB-2 ( or EB-3) with their filing dates, set as priority date?
(4) Does establishment of date of 10/5/2005 in NOVEMBER visa bulletin means that they will still process application that they accepted till this NOVEMBER-2006 .
Your experienced help is Gretaly appreciated in this developing situation.
dresses Hairstyles for fine hair are
a_yaja
08-16 08:21 AM
Shirish has a very valid point. I think it should be six months after I-485 application as pointed in AC21.
I think the 6 months period should be counted fron the RD on the RN for you I-485, else AC21 and this " propoganda" contadict each other.
If you get your GC with in 6months from the RD then stay untill you finish 6 months (this is very unlikely to happen as it takes lot more than 6 months)
If you get the GC after 6 months i think you are fine.
AC21 applies only if your GC has not been approved. You cannont invoke AC21 after your GC has been approved.
I think the 6 months period should be counted fron the RD on the RN for you I-485, else AC21 and this " propoganda" contadict each other.
If you get your GC with in 6months from the RD then stay untill you finish 6 months (this is very unlikely to happen as it takes lot more than 6 months)
If you get the GC after 6 months i think you are fine.
AC21 applies only if your GC has not been approved. You cannont invoke AC21 after your GC has been approved.
more...
makeup long hairstyles for fine hair.
jitu1000
02-15 08:51 AM
I did online MS degree and it took 3 years, although I could have completed it in 2.5 years. First year I completed only 1 course per sem, then I started doing 2 per sem. I took non-thesis option and the total cost was aprx 15K from ISU. Thye charge flat rate fee per subject ( aprx 3 credits) irrespective of residency requirements (you can actually do this course from anywhere in the world and it would cost the same) . This degree requires 30 total credits (one of them must be a project, so technically only 9 subjects/courses to take).
You did master in what?
I checked the online Program offered by ISU, i didn't saw Masters in I.T
Thanks
You did master in what?
I checked the online Program offered by ISU, i didn't saw Masters in I.T
Thanks
girlfriend | Fine Hair | Thin Hair | Hair
ganguteli
03-19 10:49 AM
I have to agree. One has to be extra careful in such matters as it is a tendency of the "majority" to always point fingers at the "minorities" by generalization. What some may think of as advice in a shoplifting case could be very easily misinterpreted as "support" in the eyes of the antis.
Moreover, the OP has not once been apologetic to his actions rather he is trying to rationalize his actions by accusing everyone of stealing office supplies.
I have stayed away from answering to his post as you can already see!
Just because OP steals office supplies ( his bad habit of shoplifting) he is accusing all immigraants. I take offence to that and when someone asks others to make a choice to marry a hooker or a shoplifter wife as a defence to that shoplifter. How crazy is that?
Moreover, the OP has not once been apologetic to his actions rather he is trying to rationalize his actions by accusing everyone of stealing office supplies.
I have stayed away from answering to his post as you can already see!
Just because OP steals office supplies ( his bad habit of shoplifting) he is accusing all immigraants. I take offence to that and when someone asks others to make a choice to marry a hooker or a shoplifter wife as a defence to that shoplifter. How crazy is that?
hairstyles Chunkier layers give fine hair
aadimanav
07-14 05:16 PM
giving a small bump. :)
psethi
07-01 02:37 PM
I am trying to efile AP and there is a question regarding date of intended departure and expected length of the trip. I am applying AP for emergency travel and don't have any fixed plans for travel now. Please let me know what to fill if any one is in the same situation who have e-filed.
anyone
anyone
akhilmahajan
08-22 04:47 PM
Can someone please post the updates if their cases approved. Only the ones whose cases have been pending for more than 60 days. Thank you.
Current EAD expiring September 3rd week.
Efiled on May 29th at TSC. FP done on June 28th.
Card Production Ordered August 18th (81st day).
Cards Received August 22nd (85th Day).
Validity 2 Years.
Let me know if you have any questions.
GO IV GO.
Current EAD expiring September 3rd week.
Efiled on May 29th at TSC. FP done on June 28th.
Card Production Ordered August 18th (81st day).
Cards Received August 22nd (85th Day).
Validity 2 Years.
Let me know if you have any questions.
GO IV GO.