DeSnousa
May 14, 06:17 PM
yeah all of those will help. especially that new mac pro. but even then, unless we are more active on this forum, people won't join the team
Very much agree, we have had great new participation for new users, even 100-200 ppd from a user is great and still will help the team out.
Since begining again and having lower points, I have now 2 dangerous enemies that are trying to take me out, stay away daygokid619 and Oculus, I have to admit it really is fun and I will make sure that none of you overtake me so I have recruited my iBook and old P4 to give me an extra 200ppd :eek::p
I might build a system soon as well as my main is getting really old, should be able to afford it in 3-6 months, what do you guys recommend, I am on a thight budget. Thinking an AMD Phenom with 4gb of ram and a Nvidea gtx260?
Very much agree, we have had great new participation for new users, even 100-200 ppd from a user is great and still will help the team out.
Since begining again and having lower points, I have now 2 dangerous enemies that are trying to take me out, stay away daygokid619 and Oculus, I have to admit it really is fun and I will make sure that none of you overtake me so I have recruited my iBook and old P4 to give me an extra 200ppd :eek::p
I might build a system soon as well as my main is getting really old, should be able to afford it in 3-6 months, what do you guys recommend, I am on a thight budget. Thinking an AMD Phenom with 4gb of ram and a Nvidea gtx260?
Knowimagination
Mar 7, 08:46 PM
:apple:
Why wait outdoors (Knox) when you can wait indoors (Northpark)?
It is supposed to be a high of 70 and sunny all day friday, why wouldn't someone want to spend some time outside with that nice of weather.
Why wait outdoors (Knox) when you can wait indoors (Northpark)?
It is supposed to be a high of 70 and sunny all day friday, why wouldn't someone want to spend some time outside with that nice of weather.
trekkie604
Apr 2, 02:23 AM
$1.12CAD per litre, which, depending on your definition of a gallon, works out approximately to $4.64US per gallon.
That's pretty good. It keeps going up for us here in Vancouver...
http://link.trekcubed.com/gasreceipt.jpg
That's pretty good. It keeps going up for us here in Vancouver...
http://link.trekcubed.com/gasreceipt.jpg
ryuok
Apr 19, 01:29 PM
It's not the first time that the Vietnamese got their hands on an unreleased iPhone. The question is why? It's not like that Vietnam has anything to do with anything.
more...
clintob
Oct 27, 01:40 PM
I really want .mac, but it's just not compelling enough.
I keep my bookmarks sync'd between my Mac at home and my PC at work in Firefox with Foxmarks. Free extension.
I use gmail and yahoo for webmail. 2+gb of storage each. I'm debating which to stick with for calendar. I can use gmail and sync ical to it right now. However someone is already starting a service (http://groups-beta.google.com/group/spanningsync/browse_thread/thread/33374a59c38cbe15)which will let you completely sync Google cal and ical by being able to make changes to both (effectively duplicating what .mac gives you)
I could convert another gmail account into storage space with a plug in. Right now I use mediamax (http://www.mediamax.com/) for 25gb of FREE storage.
Flickr offers ways to publish right from iphoto for a very easy and free way to share photos online.
So for me to cough up the dough, .mac needs more, much more.
All of the above are compeltely valid points. However, there are two large weaknesses to this idea.
First, you're assuming that .mac users want to use Firefox as their browser. Many of us believe strongly that Safari is a better browser. I don't use plugins or extensions - I want my browser clean, slick, and simple. I like my fonts to appear the way they're intended. I was my interface consistent with the rest of my Apps.
Second, and more importantly, look at what you've done in each point. You've addressed each of .mac's features using a separate third party. Sure, you can duplicate any number of the features elsewhere. The reason .mac is useful is because it's all in one place. For many users, the idea of having to to Google for their Mail, Flickr for their photos, MediaMax for their storage, and all the while depend on third-party plugins to make it go round... it all just sounds like a headache. Sure, if you know what you're doing it works fine. But $8.25 a month really isn't that much for the simplicity and ease-of-use that .mac offers the average user.
Sure, we'd all love to see .mac get better. And I'm sure in time it will, but let's stop hating on it so much. For the day-to-day user, .mac is a great tool, simple and easy to use, and really isn't all that expensive in the scheme of things. It's two latte's a month... big deal.
I keep my bookmarks sync'd between my Mac at home and my PC at work in Firefox with Foxmarks. Free extension.
I use gmail and yahoo for webmail. 2+gb of storage each. I'm debating which to stick with for calendar. I can use gmail and sync ical to it right now. However someone is already starting a service (http://groups-beta.google.com/group/spanningsync/browse_thread/thread/33374a59c38cbe15)which will let you completely sync Google cal and ical by being able to make changes to both (effectively duplicating what .mac gives you)
I could convert another gmail account into storage space with a plug in. Right now I use mediamax (http://www.mediamax.com/) for 25gb of FREE storage.
Flickr offers ways to publish right from iphoto for a very easy and free way to share photos online.
So for me to cough up the dough, .mac needs more, much more.
All of the above are compeltely valid points. However, there are two large weaknesses to this idea.
First, you're assuming that .mac users want to use Firefox as their browser. Many of us believe strongly that Safari is a better browser. I don't use plugins or extensions - I want my browser clean, slick, and simple. I like my fonts to appear the way they're intended. I was my interface consistent with the rest of my Apps.
Second, and more importantly, look at what you've done in each point. You've addressed each of .mac's features using a separate third party. Sure, you can duplicate any number of the features elsewhere. The reason .mac is useful is because it's all in one place. For many users, the idea of having to to Google for their Mail, Flickr for their photos, MediaMax for their storage, and all the while depend on third-party plugins to make it go round... it all just sounds like a headache. Sure, if you know what you're doing it works fine. But $8.25 a month really isn't that much for the simplicity and ease-of-use that .mac offers the average user.
Sure, we'd all love to see .mac get better. And I'm sure in time it will, but let's stop hating on it so much. For the day-to-day user, .mac is a great tool, simple and easy to use, and really isn't all that expensive in the scheme of things. It's two latte's a month... big deal.
macquariumguy
Mar 27, 06:23 AM
How about if we just spend less and not raise more taxes?
more...
ksmith173
Mar 13, 11:06 AM
Mine went ahead just fine. I had an alarm set, and that also went off at the proper time.
neildmitchell
Sep 15, 02:11 AM
I'm weird. They are going to cut a 6-inch hole in my back and remove one of my lamina and a disc, and I'm worried about anesthesia.
Derrrr...
yowzers ! :(
Derrrr...
yowzers ! :(
more...
kdarling
Feb 25, 01:28 AM
Throughout the attempts to lay blame on parents, there is a bogus assumption that the 15 minute password time extension is obvious and/or that parental restriction ability is known or easy to use.
Millions of people buy the iPhone because it's supposed to be "intuitive" and NOT require reading a manual or spending time researching every Settings menu. (Just look at all the fanboys claiming Android is "harder" because it has more options.)
Not only are in-app restrictions buried in Settings where it's not quick to get to, but worse: in typical Apple iOS fashion there's no way to set a purchase option per app... it's only a global setting.
Since Apple is quick to refund such mistaken in-app purchases, even they have tacitly acknowledged that there is a problem.
So it's likely that a change will be made. If you were an Apple developer given the task to fix the problem, what would you do?

cartoon girl with rown hair and rown. cartoon girl with rown hair; cartoon girl with rown hair. acslater017. Apr 15, 11:00 AM
more...

cartoon girl with rown hair and rown. Cartoon Girl With Brown Hair; Cartoon Girl With Brown Hair. Young Spade. Apr 21, 12:04 AM

cartoon girl hair. cartoon girl with rown hair; cartoon girl with rown hair. twoodcc. Nov 23, 09:29 PM. Something just happened in the stats,
more...

fairylike cartoon girls,

cartoon girl with rown hair and blue. cartoon girl and mom; cartoon girl and mom. Lennholm. Apr 14, 09:27 AM. But the question remains - why is quot;Macquot; in
more...

cartoon girl with rown hair

cartoon girl with rown hair and rown. cartoon girl with rown hair; cartoon girl with rown hair. *LTD*. Apr 10, 11:04 AM
more...

cute little cartoon school

cartoon girl with rown hair and rown. Cartoon Girl With Brown Hair; Cartoon Girl With Brown Hair. Paradoxeon. Apr 3, 08:21 PM

cartoon girl with rown hair and rown. Cartoon Girl With Brown Hair; Cartoon Girl With Brown Hair. JoshBoy. Jun 30, 06:33 PM
Millions of people buy the iPhone because it's supposed to be "intuitive" and NOT require reading a manual or spending time researching every Settings menu. (Just look at all the fanboys claiming Android is "harder" because it has more options.)
Not only are in-app restrictions buried in Settings where it's not quick to get to, but worse: in typical Apple iOS fashion there's no way to set a purchase option per app... it's only a global setting.
Since Apple is quick to refund such mistaken in-app purchases, even they have tacitly acknowledged that there is a problem.
So it's likely that a change will be made. If you were an Apple developer given the task to fix the problem, what would you do?
munkees
Mar 28, 01:38 PM
EF-s lenses produce smaller image circles. So they are lighter (and cheaper) than a comparable EF lens would be. That's it.
Note the focal length is always the focal length. A 50mm lens still has a 50mm focal length on a 1.6 crop camera. It has a different effective field of view, but that's not the same thing.
Also note this has been going on forever: a 50mm lens on a medium format camera (obviously with a bigger image circle) as a different field of view that it does on a "full frame" camera.
None of this is true. The focal length does not change. The effective field of view (once again not the same thing) of the 10-22 is the same as a 16-35.2mm lens would be on a full frame camera. If you use the 16-24mm lens on a crop camera it will not have the same effective field of view as the 10-22.
so I understand (sorry, my brain has been damaged), if the 16-24mm is used on a crop it would be 24 - 38. Canon made the 10-22 to give the crop people an equivalent lens like the 16-24 on the FF.
also the ef-s 18 - 55 would be like a 28 - 90mm on a FF.
OK this helps,
I trying to work out what lens I want to purchase, or whether to save my money, and just go FF, and stick with EF lens, just want to make wise investments.
Note the focal length is always the focal length. A 50mm lens still has a 50mm focal length on a 1.6 crop camera. It has a different effective field of view, but that's not the same thing.
Also note this has been going on forever: a 50mm lens on a medium format camera (obviously with a bigger image circle) as a different field of view that it does on a "full frame" camera.
None of this is true. The focal length does not change. The effective field of view (once again not the same thing) of the 10-22 is the same as a 16-35.2mm lens would be on a full frame camera. If you use the 16-24mm lens on a crop camera it will not have the same effective field of view as the 10-22.
so I understand (sorry, my brain has been damaged), if the 16-24mm is used on a crop it would be 24 - 38. Canon made the 10-22 to give the crop people an equivalent lens like the 16-24 on the FF.
also the ef-s 18 - 55 would be like a 28 - 90mm on a FF.
OK this helps,
I trying to work out what lens I want to purchase, or whether to save my money, and just go FF, and stick with EF lens, just want to make wise investments.
more...
rmitchell248
Mar 18, 04:09 PM
1,53�/L
todays exchange rate thats $8.21/gallon
todays exchange rate thats $8.21/gallon
imahawki
May 5, 03:47 PM
I got news for you. Anti-virus doesn't prevent you from getting a virus. I've cleaned up 3 Windows PCs in the last 3 months with viruses and browser hijacks. ALL 3 were running Microsoft Security Essentials. The virus tax isn't about spending $30 for AV software, its about the maddening frustration of pop-ups and redirected searches and hacked hosts files etc.
more...
eawmp1
Apr 10, 12:44 PM
New bumper sticker: "It's Not A Choice, It's A Consequence"
4mat
Mar 24, 06:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-A821/1.0 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.4 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.0 configuration/CLDC-1.1)
New iPhone, now available on black, white or camo
New iPhone, now available on black, white or camo
more...
Mudbug
Aug 19, 12:18 AM
tech4all
Oct 26, 02:31 PM
While I have no interest in this app, it is disappointing that they left PowerPC in the dust. Hopefully this isn't a new trend other companies will follow.
Apple is quickly moving its focus towards Intel Macs, and no longer sells Power PC systems in many places.
While that may be true, there are still plenty of PowerPC customers out there. Probably more than Mac x86, right? Then again, as it was said by someone here, this was probably just meant to be a Windows only app, so they might have just made a Mac x86 version so that there could be some Mac support.
Apple is quickly moving its focus towards Intel Macs, and no longer sells Power PC systems in many places.
While that may be true, there are still plenty of PowerPC customers out there. Probably more than Mac x86, right? Then again, as it was said by someone here, this was probably just meant to be a Windows only app, so they might have just made a Mac x86 version so that there could be some Mac support.
more...
Dooger
Mar 24, 02:49 AM
+1
"warfighters"...ugh.
+2
Seems a bit hypocritical of Buddhist Steve Jobs to be embracing peace on one hand while providing support for the brutal "shock and awe" merchants on the other.
"warfighters"...ugh.
+2
Seems a bit hypocritical of Buddhist Steve Jobs to be embracing peace on one hand while providing support for the brutal "shock and awe" merchants on the other.

kingdonk
Feb 28, 06:35 PM
Photos of lion server launchpad, podcast composer and one of server admin.
Podcast composer seems to be a vast improvement and offers many more options.
Server Admin seem really limited in my opinion but then again it docent work for me, for showing services so maybe theres more to come.
Podcast composer seems to be a vast improvement and offers many more options.
Server Admin seem really limited in my opinion but then again it docent work for me, for showing services so maybe theres more to come.
Dont Hurt Me
Oct 15, 01:55 PM
Boy I hope not. Unless they can get some cooler silicon off-board, giving up battery life for 12 FPS in Quake just isn't a good bargain for 97% of the market.
That is idiotic, there are plenty of low power graphics solutions that blow the doors off Integrated garbage, Almost like saying I hope they use the least expensive cheapist solution they can find that uses no power. A computer is a tool and for you to say 97 % dont need a GPU is a lie. In that case they could be using G3s with rage 128's. More spin from the fan club of crapo graphics. What they should do is offer a option for those people who expect a modern computer to be just that.
That is idiotic, there are plenty of low power graphics solutions that blow the doors off Integrated garbage, Almost like saying I hope they use the least expensive cheapist solution they can find that uses no power. A computer is a tool and for you to say 97 % dont need a GPU is a lie. In that case they could be using G3s with rage 128's. More spin from the fan club of crapo graphics. What they should do is offer a option for those people who expect a modern computer to be just that.
phillipduran
Feb 18, 02:47 PM
Just think, if they all got food poisoning and died - America would be brought to its knees. For a few days.
Nah, American leadership weathers stuff like that with ease. It's one of the effective things about our military leadership too.
Nah, American leadership weathers stuff like that with ease. It's one of the effective things about our military leadership too.
jrlcopy
Apr 30, 10:29 AM
I remember reading on Best Buy Canada's website that if you pre-order the game you get access to the Beta... I wonder if that goes for Mac too or just PC. But yeah, I can't wait to see how well it will end up running on the 13" MBP with the "killer graphics"!
Preorder the game from gamestop and you get a beta key also.
Preorder the game from gamestop and you get a beta key also.
chisnic
Apr 13, 08:11 AM
Follow instructions here:
http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/en-us/outlook/item/b79e3fb0-310b-4d62-bdc7-c7894620df16?category=2cb8ab7b-391b-4837-bec3-a0119e34fc67
Thanks for the link, very helpful!
http://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/en-us/outlook/item/b79e3fb0-310b-4d62-bdc7-c7894620df16?category=2cb8ab7b-391b-4837-bec3-a0119e34fc67
Thanks for the link, very helpful!
gugy
Sep 27, 02:07 PM
Sorry I don't have that video card in mine so I can't report replication of the problem. Sorry to hear that. Bummer.
Yeah, I am pretty sure the main culprit is the GT 7800 card. I am thinking in get rid of it or pressure Apple to upgrade for a better card.
Anyway, that's life in the computer world.:rolleyes:
Yeah, I am pretty sure the main culprit is the GT 7800 card. I am thinking in get rid of it or pressure Apple to upgrade for a better card.
Anyway, that's life in the computer world.:rolleyes:
mags631
Jun 19, 09:20 AM
Does nobody realise that you have to support the exFAT format (from Microsoft, currently NOT supported on OS X, and has to be licensed by Microsoft) to be able to use more than 32 GB? (or the up to 2 TB). Otherwise if you format it with the old formats you are stuck on the same limits as you would with ad SDHC card.
The way I see it, it's just the controller which supports SDXC, but the OS doesn't as of now. So nothing to really be happy about for the moment except that you have technology on board you can't take advantage on.
The standard file system of SDXC cards is exFat (http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdxc/capabilities/) -- so does this mean the Mini now supports exFat?
The way I see it, it's just the controller which supports SDXC, but the OS doesn't as of now. So nothing to really be happy about for the moment except that you have technology on board you can't take advantage on.
The standard file system of SDXC cards is exFat (http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdxc/capabilities/) -- so does this mean the Mini now supports exFat?