mdcowboy
02-22 05:14 PM
Hi,
Recently, I applied for H1 extension (change of employer) at Mumbai COnsulate. The Visa officer said all my documents are good but still issued me a yellow form that says that administrative process is required for my case. She gave me back my passport and the yellow form. The application is pending.
I have a valid EAD and AP. Is it possible for me to abandon the H1 process and enter US on EAD and AP.
I am looking for legal expertise here.
Thanks.
Might it be a PIMS delaY? Just my opinion.
Recently, I applied for H1 extension (change of employer) at Mumbai COnsulate. The Visa officer said all my documents are good but still issued me a yellow form that says that administrative process is required for my case. She gave me back my passport and the yellow form. The application is pending.
I have a valid EAD and AP. Is it possible for me to abandon the H1 process and enter US on EAD and AP.
I am looking for legal expertise here.
Thanks.
Might it be a PIMS delaY? Just my opinion.
wallpaper Chevrolet Malibu 2013 Front
amitga
08-01 11:46 AM
YouTube - Piya Tu Ab To Aaja (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bua_QY1awj8)
b_boy
08-28 03:58 PM
Pending too
2011 chevy malibu 2013. 2013 Chevrolet Malibu ECO
ken
09-29 11:40 PM
I opted for renewing the AP online on Sept 22,2009.Got the receipt at the same time, and next day which is Sept 23 i sent the supporting documents along with the cover letter,2 photographs ,confirmation receipt ,485 receipt, DL copy and passport copy from Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. Today when I tried to check the status on postal website it says that document scanned on Sept 23 which means they haven't reached the destination, now this concerns me because previously when ever I applied AP and sent the supporting documents they normally take 2 to 3 business days to reach.
Now my question:
1) If suppose the AP supporting documents get lost in mail then can I send the documents again and if in the mean time postal service delivers the first set
In between I see soft LUD's of 9/28 on my wife AP
All responses to the above matter is highly appreciated
Now my question:
1) If suppose the AP supporting documents get lost in mail then can I send the documents again and if in the mean time postal service delivers the first set
In between I see soft LUD's of 9/28 on my wife AP
All responses to the above matter is highly appreciated
more...
MYGCBY2010
07-27 04:21 PM
I had filed FOIA request to USCIS requesting a copy of I140 approval notice. My I140 was approved after which I changed employer. I need I140 approval notice to keep my original priority date.
But after filing G639, I got a response back from USCIS saying the case has been sent to DoS for visa approval and that I should contact DoS directly regarding the case.
Also remember, G639 form is for FOIA request for USCIS only.
You need to file a letter to DoS (google "DOS + foia" and you would see format of the letter)
Other than this,I have also filed Form I824 (Action on approved petition) with $200 filing fees requesting I140 approval from USCIS. I guess looking at the processing time, I will have to wait for another 6 months before I hear back from USCIS
Did you put in your A# OR THE Petition Number 3 in that form. Please respond.
But after filing G639, I got a response back from USCIS saying the case has been sent to DoS for visa approval and that I should contact DoS directly regarding the case.
Also remember, G639 form is for FOIA request for USCIS only.
You need to file a letter to DoS (google "DOS + foia" and you would see format of the letter)
Other than this,I have also filed Form I824 (Action on approved petition) with $200 filing fees requesting I140 approval from USCIS. I guess looking at the processing time, I will have to wait for another 6 months before I hear back from USCIS
Did you put in your A# OR THE Petition Number 3 in that form. Please respond.
amsgc
06-10 11:39 PM
Now, that is an interesting question. I think the answer is: ambition.
I am convinced that those who don't participate in the action items simply lack ambition. If you were to ask them what their life would be like after getting the GC, I am fairly certain they would say "pretty much the same". And that is exactly the problem - they cannot imagine the doors it will open or the opportunities that will become available. For them the green card is a mere travel/work document, with some semblance of permanency. They want to "be" in America, but they don't know how to make the best by "living" in it. They will buy a house, or get a job that pays a few dollars more, but it will pretty much end there. The most ambitious of the lot will probably start a desi consulting company with other like minded losers.
You on the other hand, possibly have plans. You probably want to go back to school to learn something new. Maybe you have an idea to start a new business, or a non profit or attempt a different profession! You want to make the best of the possibilities and maximize your potential, and do things you couldn't do without the privilege to live, work and think freely.
But don't lose heart. There are many, if not all, who are with you in this initiative.
1000+ views in 8 hours but only 2 more people have called all representatives during the entire day today.
Seriously, what will it take for the rest of you to call?
I am convinced that those who don't participate in the action items simply lack ambition. If you were to ask them what their life would be like after getting the GC, I am fairly certain they would say "pretty much the same". And that is exactly the problem - they cannot imagine the doors it will open or the opportunities that will become available. For them the green card is a mere travel/work document, with some semblance of permanency. They want to "be" in America, but they don't know how to make the best by "living" in it. They will buy a house, or get a job that pays a few dollars more, but it will pretty much end there. The most ambitious of the lot will probably start a desi consulting company with other like minded losers.
You on the other hand, possibly have plans. You probably want to go back to school to learn something new. Maybe you have an idea to start a new business, or a non profit or attempt a different profession! You want to make the best of the possibilities and maximize your potential, and do things you couldn't do without the privilege to live, work and think freely.
But don't lose heart. There are many, if not all, who are with you in this initiative.
1000+ views in 8 hours but only 2 more people have called all representatives during the entire day today.
Seriously, what will it take for the rest of you to call?
more...
Winner
04-23 12:46 PM
Raj,
Try to help if you can, if not just shut the **** up, only the person on the wrong side can feel the pain. He'll consult attorney anyways.
Hey Guys, I'm the OP. I'm not on the wrong side of the law, I was asking those "What if" questions to get more information on this subject and try to convince my employer to renew my H1B instead of using EAD.
Please don't start a fight here. Please try to respect each other in public forums.
Try to help if you can, if not just shut the **** up, only the person on the wrong side can feel the pain. He'll consult attorney anyways.
Hey Guys, I'm the OP. I'm not on the wrong side of the law, I was asking those "What if" questions to get more information on this subject and try to convince my employer to renew my H1B instead of using EAD.
Please don't start a fight here. Please try to respect each other in public forums.
2010 chevy malibu 2013. 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Interior
GCAmigo
06-04 09:55 AM
Morning business @ 2:30 p.m. ??
Mourning business ?
Mourning business ?
more...
snathan
03-03 09:48 PM
Hi all,
consider i am working in location A and need to move to B from next month. is there any restriction in LCA?
why my company is not even applying? Due to some reasons they dont want to put me in location B and diverting to another location D.?
what may be the reason? why they are concerned about the offshore salary?
You should ask these questions to your employer.
consider i am working in location A and need to move to B from next month. is there any restriction in LCA?
why my company is not even applying? Due to some reasons they dont want to put me in location B and diverting to another location D.?
what may be the reason? why they are concerned about the offshore salary?
You should ask these questions to your employer.
hair “The new Chevrolet Malibu
mzafar125
05-11 12:39 PM
Hello,
I am trying to file by I-485 paperwork and the only roadblock is the birth certificate. I called the Pakistani embassy and they said they would issue me with a letter stating my name, DOB, father and mothers name. Can someone for the love of god let me know if this will be acceptable to the dept of homeland security ?
This is the last hurdle I have to pass before I can file my I-485 so I would appreciate any feedback. You lot have a good weekend and thanks for all your efforts.
Thanks!
I am trying to file by I-485 paperwork and the only roadblock is the birth certificate. I called the Pakistani embassy and they said they would issue me with a letter stating my name, DOB, father and mothers name. Can someone for the love of god let me know if this will be acceptable to the dept of homeland security ?
This is the last hurdle I have to pass before I can file my I-485 so I would appreciate any feedback. You lot have a good weekend and thanks for all your efforts.
Thanks!
more...
titu1972
10-29 02:06 PM
You got an EAD for your kid? What is the minimum age for a kid to be eligible for an EAD?
The SSN card will contain a restriction saying "authorized for work only" which would mean the kid should have reached the min age for eligibility to work.
Yes... It will say "Work Authorization Only".
The SSN card will contain a restriction saying "authorized for work only" which would mean the kid should have reached the min age for eligibility to work.
Yes... It will say "Work Authorization Only".
hot 2013 Chevrolet Malibu front

LondonTown
07-24 10:50 AM
Yes, this is administrative processing.
Did VO kept your passport?
Did VO kept your passport?
more...
house Chevrolet Malibu 2013
DDLMODES
07-18 09:26 PM
If you did PERM (only then can you file concurrently)
Who said that concurent filing is available for PERM only ???
That is not true right ????
Somebody please clarify !
Who said that concurent filing is available for PERM only ???
That is not true right ????
Somebody please clarify !
tattoo 2013 Chevrolet Malibu – Front
chanduv23
03-14 08:44 PM
This is more pertinent to Physicians - I heard that following residency or J1 expiration one has to return to home country for 5 yrs. I have the following questions
- What are the options for Fellowships and how do they weigh against the fellowship options for H1 holders ?
- How difficult is it to obtain J1 waivers ?
- Is the new J1 conrad law beneficial ?
- Can someone share their success story of converting J1 to another visa, Thanks all
A lot of people do get waiver jobs and convert to H1b. But the job locations will not be in cities and will be in remote areas, I am not sure how they do it but there seems to be a network through which all this happens. I have heard that the waiver process is very expensive and lawyers charge a hefty sum. If I get some info, I will pass it on to you.
I was under the impression that the home residency requirement for J1 is 2 years and not 5 years. Please check with that too.
- What are the options for Fellowships and how do they weigh against the fellowship options for H1 holders ?
- How difficult is it to obtain J1 waivers ?
- Is the new J1 conrad law beneficial ?
- Can someone share their success story of converting J1 to another visa, Thanks all
A lot of people do get waiver jobs and convert to H1b. But the job locations will not be in cities and will be in remote areas, I am not sure how they do it but there seems to be a network through which all this happens. I have heard that the waiver process is very expensive and lawyers charge a hefty sum. If I get some info, I will pass it on to you.
I was under the impression that the home residency requirement for J1 is 2 years and not 5 years. Please check with that too.
more...
pictures The 2013 Chevy Malibu now
pappu
05-23 08:27 AM
This question was asked yesterday and I answerd it on another thread. There are several such questions for which USCIS will have to issue a regulation to interpret the law when it passes.
Please do not start new threads for every comment these days. Its tough to manage threads and it gets confusing. lets stick to CIR discussion and action alert threads these days for any comment and discussions we may want to do on CIR.
Thanks
Please do not start new threads for every comment these days. Its tough to manage threads and it gets confusing. lets stick to CIR discussion and action alert threads these days for any comment and discussions we may want to do on CIR.
Thanks
dresses 2013 Chevrolet Malibu.
go_guy123
09-08 03:39 PM
points mentioned in posts 2,3 4 and 5 are 100% correct.
points mentioned in post 6 can be considered but companies wont agree for that, They wont accept the suggestions/points given by employee.
Exactly same thing happened in my case. Our company prepared position description,posted ads and just before filing PERM,they said we got enough resumes and we found candidates. We cannot file green card. If economy improves after 6 months we will review the scenario and start the process all over again and I was schocked to hear that answer. They received 25 resumes for my position.
Friends,
Green card dream is over. Now it's the time to get back to India or other countries.
uma001...you are very correct. The GC thing is over for India born applicants. The EAD people due to July 2007 fiasco will be in AP status for many many years
to come.
Had the July 2007 not happened, a whole lot of EB - India cases would have
been finished by now due to job losses. So in way the July 2007 is a massive lifeboat for many EB2/3- India applicants.
Economic cycles are around 7/8 years or so. There will be a recession again after around 8 years. EB2/3_India backlogs are longer than economic cycles.
points mentioned in post 6 can be considered but companies wont agree for that, They wont accept the suggestions/points given by employee.
Exactly same thing happened in my case. Our company prepared position description,posted ads and just before filing PERM,they said we got enough resumes and we found candidates. We cannot file green card. If economy improves after 6 months we will review the scenario and start the process all over again and I was schocked to hear that answer. They received 25 resumes for my position.
Friends,
Green card dream is over. Now it's the time to get back to India or other countries.
uma001...you are very correct. The GC thing is over for India born applicants. The EAD people due to July 2007 fiasco will be in AP status for many many years
to come.
Had the July 2007 not happened, a whole lot of EB - India cases would have
been finished by now due to job losses. So in way the July 2007 is a massive lifeboat for many EB2/3- India applicants.
Economic cycles are around 7/8 years or so. There will be a recession again after around 8 years. EB2/3_India backlogs are longer than economic cycles.
more...
makeup 2013 Chevrolet Malibu ECO
Pineapple
12-26 01:05 PM
Given that many have spent 10 years, or almost a third of their lives here, they can hardly be called "aliens". Also, given that nothing is permanent, I propose the following term:
Non-permanent, resident, non-alien :D
Non-permanent, resident, non-alien :D
girlfriend The new 2013 Chevrolet Malibu
kirupa
01-21 11:19 PM
I will go ahead and host them! Just give me a few hours...or days! :P
I was planning on hosting the entries for the final poll.
I was planning on hosting the entries for the final poll.
hairstyles Chevrolet Malibu 2013 exterior
srikondoji
07-02 05:45 PM
hemanth22:
I definitely agree that there are many mexicans who are legal here.
However, be it on TV or papers the term mexican is so interwined with illegal that one can't help but continue with that same convention.
Also, in my above post i never said illegal mexians are so....
Again iam not branding everybody here for not following rules. I expected readers to read it has people who overstayed and or sneaked into United states and thus became illegals.
However, i will make sure that i am politically correct in my future posts.
Personally i am not against anybody. My statements may be construed differently by different people and iam not too terribly worried about it.
At the end we want to see a smile on everyone's face.
gemini23:
Thanks for correction dude.
srikondiji,
I agree with your input, all of us have lost money, time and a lot of effort scrambling to get ready to file.
what i feel is that they realized that they will be getting only $1000 * 200 k in july and that they will be getting $2000 * 200k when they make the dates current later on. the difference is huge , now that CIR is dead and they cant raise the $4.5 billion they said for border protection
As to what we have spent on medical reports , tickets , lawyers etc etc, they do not care
But we should stay away from branding any body as not following the rules.
there a lot of mexicans who are here legally and are hard-working.
hemanth
I definitely agree that there are many mexicans who are legal here.
However, be it on TV or papers the term mexican is so interwined with illegal that one can't help but continue with that same convention.
Also, in my above post i never said illegal mexians are so....
Again iam not branding everybody here for not following rules. I expected readers to read it has people who overstayed and or sneaked into United states and thus became illegals.
However, i will make sure that i am politically correct in my future posts.
Personally i am not against anybody. My statements may be construed differently by different people and iam not too terribly worried about it.
At the end we want to see a smile on everyone's face.
gemini23:
Thanks for correction dude.
srikondiji,
I agree with your input, all of us have lost money, time and a lot of effort scrambling to get ready to file.
what i feel is that they realized that they will be getting only $1000 * 200 k in july and that they will be getting $2000 * 200k when they make the dates current later on. the difference is huge , now that CIR is dead and they cant raise the $4.5 billion they said for border protection
As to what we have spent on medical reports , tickets , lawyers etc etc, they do not care
But we should stay away from branding any body as not following the rules.
there a lot of mexicans who are here legally and are hard-working.
hemanth
chi_shark
09-04 12:12 PM
Tell your friend that it will be more fun to watch grass grow than filing for gc...
just kidding... if he just needs I-140 approved so he can continue to get 3 year H-1 extensions, then its a good idea to start PERM.
One of my good friend asked me this questions yesterday? I did not have an answer for him and wanted to ask if someone could have any suggestions on this.
Thanks you for your time.
His company wants to start his EB2 green card process. He was wondering if this a good time to do this? Is it recommended that he delay this process for 6 months or so? He is currently in his 3rd year of H1B.
Thanks
-M
just kidding... if he just needs I-140 approved so he can continue to get 3 year H-1 extensions, then its a good idea to start PERM.
One of my good friend asked me this questions yesterday? I did not have an answer for him and wanted to ask if someone could have any suggestions on this.
Thanks you for your time.
His company wants to start his EB2 green card process. He was wondering if this a good time to do this? Is it recommended that he delay this process for 6 months or so? He is currently in his 3rd year of H1B.
Thanks
-M
mdcowboy
09-15 02:38 PM
Any ideas? (My wife and son are in india now).
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
:)
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
:)