jonty_11
03-02 02:27 PM
Exception 4 - have a question around this statement: For German transit VISA
- are holding a valid visa or other residence permit for the USA (this includes advance paroles, but not approval notices), Canada or Switzerland and travel to the country which issued that visa or residence permit
do not need transit VISA.
Does that mean if you are travelling from India to US (with valid US Visitor VISA) u need a transit VISA.
Above exception seem to appy only if u are travelling to country that issued u the VISA (india), but in this case we are travelling from that Country to US.
never mind - Exception #3 covers it..
- are holding a valid visa or other residence permit for the USA (this includes advance paroles, but not approval notices), Canada or Switzerland and travel to the country which issued that visa or residence permit
do not need transit VISA.
Does that mean if you are travelling from India to US (with valid US Visitor VISA) u need a transit VISA.
Above exception seem to appy only if u are travelling to country that issued u the VISA (india), but in this case we are travelling from that Country to US.
never mind - Exception #3 covers it..
wallpaper free animated backgrounds for
mikrupee
07-27 03:26 PM
What happen to a person with H1B and then EAD. Main job he continues with original employer who file GC and take a partime like working in a store. What will be the interpretation and Can he do that?
Senior pl give advice.
O.K. Once you get EAD being a H4 Visa holder you can do multiple jobs in multiple field as you were having H4 status. But now if you are having H1 status then you can do multiple jobs with all jobs having similar description to the job description for what your original employer filed your green card (485).
Now real question should be "Should I use EAD or Should I be on H1/H4?"
If U choose to use your EAD than from that moment your H status expires. In normal circumstances you would not care. But in reality your 485 process will still continue for years and say unfortunately something bad happen to your 485 process and get denied then you will have one choice that is to leave USA. But if you have maintained your H status not using EAD then in that kind of scenario you still keep working and staying in USA.
Senior pl give advice.
O.K. Once you get EAD being a H4 Visa holder you can do multiple jobs in multiple field as you were having H4 status. But now if you are having H1 status then you can do multiple jobs with all jobs having similar description to the job description for what your original employer filed your green card (485).
Now real question should be "Should I use EAD or Should I be on H1/H4?"
If U choose to use your EAD than from that moment your H status expires. In normal circumstances you would not care. But in reality your 485 process will still continue for years and say unfortunately something bad happen to your 485 process and get denied then you will have one choice that is to leave USA. But if you have maintained your H status not using EAD then in that kind of scenario you still keep working and staying in USA.
mbartosik
02-20 11:01 AM
MRSR:
there have been rumors of EB2 India moving out of U.
Any notes with VB may be more important than the actual movement. So whether it is worth depends on the PDs.
I interfiled (ROW) in December, I'm not sure if they applied it.
When I spoke with an IO they seemed clueless about interfiling, thinking that new I485 had to be filed -- plain wrong. So be prepared to check up on them a month after filing. They should be able to tell you if the I140 is assigned to a I485. For me it is academic now because as of March I'll be within PD for EB3 or EB2.
there have been rumors of EB2 India moving out of U.
Any notes with VB may be more important than the actual movement. So whether it is worth depends on the PDs.
I interfiled (ROW) in December, I'm not sure if they applied it.
When I spoke with an IO they seemed clueless about interfiling, thinking that new I485 had to be filed -- plain wrong. So be prepared to check up on them a month after filing. They should be able to tell you if the I140 is assigned to a I485. For me it is academic now because as of March I'll be within PD for EB3 or EB2.
2011 cool ackgrounds for your

nzhind
07-11 10:07 AM
I recently got this job at a check printing (http://www.chequeprint.ca/check-printing.php) company in the US. They create custom made business checks (http://www.chequeprint.ca/check-printing.php). The catch is that i need to take care of all my visa procedures myself. What are the procedures involved with regard to medical exams? Can anybody please help me out with this?
more...
REEF�
06-11 03:59 PM
VDAMINATOR!
THAT BRA LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DRAWN WITH PHOTOSHOP!
You p0rn lover...
Look at that...the right side doesn't even have that strip. And she's wearing a white one thats just probably coming off...
Nice work :beam:!
THAT BRA LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DRAWN WITH PHOTOSHOP!
You p0rn lover...
Look at that...the right side doesn't even have that strip. And she's wearing a white one thats just probably coming off...
Nice work :beam:!
reachinus
12-26 08:34 AM
Hi There,
In the substitute you have to report only the pay that you have received and you have to report to DOL if your Employer doesn't pay you atleast for the time that he got paid from the client. But logically speaking he has to pay you from the date you are on his H1.
In the substitute you have to report only the pay that you have received and you have to report to DOL if your Employer doesn't pay you atleast for the time that he got paid from the client. But logically speaking he has to pay you from the date you are on his H1.
more...

REEF�
06-06 12:08 PM
So why do you have red is good? Was it creativity :P.
2010 3d wallpaper backgrounds.
Apollon
06-30 12:16 AM
The answer is that there are restrictions on using experience gained in the position with the same company. The reason being that you cannot say that the minimum requirement for the position is a BA + 5 when you were hired for the position with less than a BA + 5 experience.
If you use experience gained with the same company the PERM application will be audited. One way to respond to the audit is by showing that you are filing for a different position than the one you gained the experience in and that the position for which you are filing is not substantially comparable to the position where you gained the experience.
My suggestion to you is that you use an experienced immigration attorney that you trust. The laws and procedures involved in filing a PERM application are so complicated and subtle that there are many immigration law attorneys who do not handle PERM cases. I know there are lots of companies that fumble their way through the process without an attorney and are lucky enough not to get audited, but that is just trusting your future to the luck of the draw.
Thank you very much for prompt and precise response. The reason you listed makes perfect sense. However, my situation is a little different and I have a couple of questions, directly related to your answer:
1. As I've mentioned, I do have close to 10 years of accumulated overall experience in my field - only half of it came before I graduated. I was already employed in this field before I started college and during it, and I have experience letters from employers to back that up. The only thing is, since I didn't have a degree, my job title didn't include "engineer" in it, although I was working same field, doing similar jobs. So, it's not that when this sponsor hired me for this position I did not have 5 years of relevant experience in the field - I did, it's just that half of it came before I got the degree and unlike DOL EB2 requirement - my sponsor did not have the restriction for this experience to be post graduate.
My first question is: will this argument work with DOL, saying that when the sponsor hired me I had over 5 years of relevant experience (I can prove it), just not post graduate experience and that is why the sponsor claims this job indeed requires B.Sc. + 5 years experience, although for them it's OK if the experience didnt come after I got the degree?
2. Hypothetically speaking, lets say I found another consulting company, which is willing to apply for my green card through EB2 track, without transferring my H1 visa and before I actually start working for them - will I be able to count these 15 months of experience with current sponsor, when the new company (who I don't work for) will be applying for my green card through EB2?
If you use experience gained with the same company the PERM application will be audited. One way to respond to the audit is by showing that you are filing for a different position than the one you gained the experience in and that the position for which you are filing is not substantially comparable to the position where you gained the experience.
My suggestion to you is that you use an experienced immigration attorney that you trust. The laws and procedures involved in filing a PERM application are so complicated and subtle that there are many immigration law attorneys who do not handle PERM cases. I know there are lots of companies that fumble their way through the process without an attorney and are lucky enough not to get audited, but that is just trusting your future to the luck of the draw.
Thank you very much for prompt and precise response. The reason you listed makes perfect sense. However, my situation is a little different and I have a couple of questions, directly related to your answer:
1. As I've mentioned, I do have close to 10 years of accumulated overall experience in my field - only half of it came before I graduated. I was already employed in this field before I started college and during it, and I have experience letters from employers to back that up. The only thing is, since I didn't have a degree, my job title didn't include "engineer" in it, although I was working same field, doing similar jobs. So, it's not that when this sponsor hired me for this position I did not have 5 years of relevant experience in the field - I did, it's just that half of it came before I got the degree and unlike DOL EB2 requirement - my sponsor did not have the restriction for this experience to be post graduate.
My first question is: will this argument work with DOL, saying that when the sponsor hired me I had over 5 years of relevant experience (I can prove it), just not post graduate experience and that is why the sponsor claims this job indeed requires B.Sc. + 5 years experience, although for them it's OK if the experience didnt come after I got the degree?
2. Hypothetically speaking, lets say I found another consulting company, which is willing to apply for my green card through EB2 track, without transferring my H1 visa and before I actually start working for them - will I be able to count these 15 months of experience with current sponsor, when the new company (who I don't work for) will be applying for my green card through EB2?
more...
dixie
11-06 04:43 PM
It doesnt matter whether the clients of the employer are for-profit or not (obviously). The only thing relevant is whether or not the organization for which your wife will work is classified as not-for-profit.
My Wife, if everything works out, will be working in a Finance related field for a Health Care related service providing financial services to many many hospitals.
I was wondering if I could use the Heallth care angle for the H1b Non Cap
My Wife, if everything works out, will be working in a Finance related field for a Health Care related service providing financial services to many many hospitals.
I was wondering if I could use the Heallth care angle for the H1b Non Cap
hair 3D girl wallpaper 3D Sexy
ss_col
07-17 04:27 PM
I am pretty sure these are people have come here to disrupt the forum or else who does not know about Sheila Murthy. It is just my observation that earlier all the questions were related to genuine issues and were answered as best as members knew. Recently a lot of people have joined in who have brought in negative energy, are abusive, are doubting IV, trying to create doubts in others minds, come to have fun or joke around, trying to prove that IV is a free for all forum and they can say what they want to say. All this was never there earlier. I think administrators should look into the same. IV is there to answer immigration problems and issues. People blame lawyers for not updating their websites or not informing clients unless an official news has come out but when IV came out with announcements before the news is official - all the new comers have done is mud slinging IV.
Be thankful there is a IV.
Be thankful there is a IV.
more...
bheemi
07-31 05:41 PM
Unless you use AP to travel outside, you can work on EAD and status of H4 is not going to be affected..So dont fear, just pose the question to lawyer in immigration-law.com. Or else you can search in the advanced q/a in that website u may find answer..
hot 3d wallpaper backgrounds. 3d wallpaper backgrounds.

walking_dude
10-18 03:12 PM
Here are the steps in setting up "Bill Pay" from your Bank account (online)
1) Check with your bank if "Bill Pay" is a free service, or not for your account. Some banks have conditions that must be met for e.g. Direct Deposit, Certain minimum balance, certain type of account or not. If you don't meet the criteria your bank may charge a service fees for using "Bill Pay"!
2) You might need to get "Bill Pay" activated on your online account. This might be possible for some by clicking on a "Service Agreement" screen. For others you might need to visit the Bank to get it activated.
3) Most banks that support "Repeating payments" allow you to "Add Payee" for future transactions. Provide IV address here and add "Immigration Voice" as a payee
Immigration Voice
PO Box 114
Dayton, NJ - 08810
Some Banks ask for Telephone Numbers too (mine did).
Ph : 850-391-4966
4) Click on link that says "Setup Repeating Payments" in the "Bill Pay" section (some might provide this option while setting up payments and not provide a separate section)
Select "Immigration Voice" as the payee. Enter the amount you would like to send to IV every month. Select the frequency as "Monthly" ( there may be other options such as daily, bimonthly, annually, quarterly etc. choose the one suitable for you.)
In the "message to payee" (or something similar) provide your E-mail id. This will be used by IV to inform you of check enchashment (thank you note). Will help you track the payment end-to-end.
6) Bank account (Bill pay section) will give you a list of all checks sent to IV (from the Bank). If any check hasn't been acknowledged, call IV and make sure it's been received!
HTH
1) Check with your bank if "Bill Pay" is a free service, or not for your account. Some banks have conditions that must be met for e.g. Direct Deposit, Certain minimum balance, certain type of account or not. If you don't meet the criteria your bank may charge a service fees for using "Bill Pay"!
2) You might need to get "Bill Pay" activated on your online account. This might be possible for some by clicking on a "Service Agreement" screen. For others you might need to visit the Bank to get it activated.
3) Most banks that support "Repeating payments" allow you to "Add Payee" for future transactions. Provide IV address here and add "Immigration Voice" as a payee
Immigration Voice
PO Box 114
Dayton, NJ - 08810
Some Banks ask for Telephone Numbers too (mine did).
Ph : 850-391-4966
4) Click on link that says "Setup Repeating Payments" in the "Bill Pay" section (some might provide this option while setting up payments and not provide a separate section)
Select "Immigration Voice" as the payee. Enter the amount you would like to send to IV every month. Select the frequency as "Monthly" ( there may be other options such as daily, bimonthly, annually, quarterly etc. choose the one suitable for you.)
In the "message to payee" (or something similar) provide your E-mail id. This will be used by IV to inform you of check enchashment (thank you note). Will help you track the payment end-to-end.
6) Bank account (Bill pay section) will give you a list of all checks sent to IV (from the Bank). If any check hasn't been acknowledged, call IV and make sure it's been received!
HTH
more...
house HD Wallpaper for iPhone4(640
validIV
03-12 11:06 AM
Sounds like a typical day for my wife, except she actually manages to get it all done.
decide to clean off the front patio. I start to the patio and notice mail on the desk that needs to be taken down to the Post Office. OK, I'm going to the Post Office . . .
BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail that was delivered. I lay the car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the trash can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk . . .
BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out. But since I'm going to be near the mailbox, I'll address a few bills . . . Yes, Now where is the checkbook? Oops.. there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra checks? Oh, there is my empty coffee cup from last night on my desk. I'm going to look for those checks . . .
BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I start to head for the kitchen and look out at my balcony, notice the flowers need a drink of water because of the extreme heat. I put the cup on the counter and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter.
What are they doing here? I'll just put them away . . .
BUT FIRST need to water those plants. I head for the door and . . .
Aaaagh!!! Someone left the TV remote on the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants on my balcony . . .
BUT FIRST I need to find those checks.
END OF DAY: The patio has not been cleaned, bills still unpaid, cup still on the counter, checkbook still has only one check left, lost my car keys . . .
And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because . . .
I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!
I realize this condition is serious . . .
I'd get help . . .
BUT FIRST . . . I think I'll start a new thread.
Fool its not me, its the AAADD I was recently diagnosed with.
decide to clean off the front patio. I start to the patio and notice mail on the desk that needs to be taken down to the Post Office. OK, I'm going to the Post Office . . .
BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail that was delivered. I lay the car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the trash can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk . . .
BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out. But since I'm going to be near the mailbox, I'll address a few bills . . . Yes, Now where is the checkbook? Oops.. there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra checks? Oh, there is my empty coffee cup from last night on my desk. I'm going to look for those checks . . .
BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I start to head for the kitchen and look out at my balcony, notice the flowers need a drink of water because of the extreme heat. I put the cup on the counter and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter.
What are they doing here? I'll just put them away . . .
BUT FIRST need to water those plants. I head for the door and . . .
Aaaagh!!! Someone left the TV remote on the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants on my balcony . . .
BUT FIRST I need to find those checks.
END OF DAY: The patio has not been cleaned, bills still unpaid, cup still on the counter, checkbook still has only one check left, lost my car keys . . .
And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because . . .
I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!
I realize this condition is serious . . .
I'd get help . . .
BUT FIRST . . . I think I'll start a new thread.
Fool its not me, its the AAADD I was recently diagnosed with.
tattoo free 3d desktop wallpaper

dtekkedil
07-03 10:47 AM
I guarantee you they won't do a thing with it. in fact they won't even be able to take it home (the workers that is) because they are not allowed to, it's almost like accepting bribes, right? Hey I have an idea, let's all apply lipstick and kiss a piece of paper and send that :D yes, even guys, it's for the greater good:D
LOL!
You are missing the point! Those flowers aren't meant for them! It is to show our protest in a unique way that will attract attention from the media! Till date there are only 3 websites that I have come across that covers this fiasco... Don't you want our plight announced in the media???
It may not make a difference today... but it will definitely make a difference tomorrow if we keep it up. Let the public know more about this broken immigration system. Raise awareness about every pain that we go through!
LOL!
You are missing the point! Those flowers aren't meant for them! It is to show our protest in a unique way that will attract attention from the media! Till date there are only 3 websites that I have come across that covers this fiasco... Don't you want our plight announced in the media???
It may not make a difference today... but it will definitely make a difference tomorrow if we keep it up. Let the public know more about this broken immigration system. Raise awareness about every pain that we go through!
more...
pictures 3d wallpaper for pc. Animated
kevinkris
11-10 02:50 PM
Guys,
I think they are doing it across in NY.
This is really stupid. Most of the people will not have valid stamping on an expiring passport.
San Francisco was fine. They gave me for 10 years in January.
Don't know what their policy now.
Hi friends,
My brother in NJ got his new passport at NY Indian consulate (since old one was expiring soon). They gave new passport which was valid for only one year - saying that they need valid unexpired visa-stamp to give 10 year validity passport.
They said that they will NOT accept
- valid unexpired EAD
- valid unexpired AP
- valid 485 receipt
- even valid unexpired H1 approval notice (my brother still has H1 in addition to AP)
...Now it is so absurd that, even if my bro went for visa stamping (which he isn't planning), he will not probably be issued 3 yr visa as passport is valid for very short duration. A chicken and egg problem.
In addition why do Indian consulate worry about our visa status for determining passport validity duration ? If they do care then at least they must accept the legal documents (ead/ap/485 receipt/h1 approval notice) to make a decision.
I will appreciate if anyone has a solution to this problem. All answers appreciated.
I am so sad (and mad) that lawmakers of our country are still haunting us while we are away from our country and trying to contribute to its progress.
I think they are doing it across in NY.
This is really stupid. Most of the people will not have valid stamping on an expiring passport.
San Francisco was fine. They gave me for 10 years in January.
Don't know what their policy now.
Hi friends,
My brother in NJ got his new passport at NY Indian consulate (since old one was expiring soon). They gave new passport which was valid for only one year - saying that they need valid unexpired visa-stamp to give 10 year validity passport.
They said that they will NOT accept
- valid unexpired EAD
- valid unexpired AP
- valid 485 receipt
- even valid unexpired H1 approval notice (my brother still has H1 in addition to AP)
...Now it is so absurd that, even if my bro went for visa stamping (which he isn't planning), he will not probably be issued 3 yr visa as passport is valid for very short duration. A chicken and egg problem.
In addition why do Indian consulate worry about our visa status for determining passport validity duration ? If they do care then at least they must accept the legal documents (ead/ap/485 receipt/h1 approval notice) to make a decision.
I will appreciate if anyone has a solution to this problem. All answers appreciated.
I am so sad (and mad) that lawmakers of our country are still haunting us while we are away from our country and trying to contribute to its progress.
dresses 3d wallpaper backgrounds.

HereIComeGC
03-26 02:07 PM
I wish this date business was like the money market - we could have done some Technical Analysis, drawn some Fibonacci expansions, looked at Bollinger Bands, plotted the MACD and RSI along with the Fast & Slow Stochastics and PSARs with the Pivot Points and trend lines ...
But it is nothing like that... it behaves like every day is a news day - and hence - all analysis fails ... things work on sentiments...
Even NASDAQ could be more predictive than this...
I beg to differ my friend. Stock market now a days is also run pretty much on sentiments without logic. One day up 300 next day down 300...pretty much like USCIS!!
But it is nothing like that... it behaves like every day is a news day - and hence - all analysis fails ... things work on sentiments...
Even NASDAQ could be more predictive than this...
I beg to differ my friend. Stock market now a days is also run pretty much on sentiments without logic. One day up 300 next day down 300...pretty much like USCIS!!
more...
makeup 15 Cute Free 3D Wallpaper

maximus777
09-10 03:05 PM
Which EB category are you shooting for?
girlfriend 3d wallpaper backgrounds.
d100763
06-22 09:26 PM
VDAMINATOR!
THAT BRA LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DRAWN WITH PHOTOSHOP!
You p0rn lover...
Touch�...:smirk:
THAT BRA LOOKS LIKE IT WAS DRAWN WITH PHOTOSHOP!
You p0rn lover...
Touch�...:smirk:
hairstyles 3d wallpaper backgrounds. desktop wallpaper backgrounds
eb3_nepa
01-08 04:36 PM
The H4 to H1 applied in 2006 quota is very slow.Some cases are getting approval even in jan(one of my friends wife got approval last week).
No rule yet to exempt H4 from H1 quota.
Hi,
Do the h4's in this year applying for an H1 need to start sooner than normal h1 applications?
No rule yet to exempt H4 from H1 quota.
Hi,
Do the h4's in this year applying for an H1 need to start sooner than normal h1 applications?
GCBy3000
01-02 05:24 PM
This thread is for monthly contributors. Please make sure you post your this month contribution in this thread.
My $20 is on the way. Total of $240+ till date.
Below is the confirmation.
Immigration Voice
IV.ORG $ 20.00 01/09/07 62LMP-P2KVD
Memo: gcby3000
This memo will be sent with your payment
My $20 is on the way. Total of $240+ till date.
Below is the confirmation.
Immigration Voice
IV.ORG $ 20.00 01/09/07 62LMP-P2KVD
Memo: gcby3000
This memo will be sent with your payment
chanduv23
03-14 12:07 PM
Charles Oppenheim, Chief of Immigrant Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State (DOS) was a guest speaker at a February 28, 2007 Washington D.C. Chapter meeting of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Mr. Oppenheim was kind enough to share his office�s visa number / Visa Bulletin expectations for 2007.
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF RETROGRESSION
Mr. Oppenheim discussed the historical background that has led to the current retrogression situation. Retrogression is not something new or unfamiliar in immigration law, as long-time MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers may recall. For many, however, who may have become involved in the green card process since 2001, it is new and, of course, highly problematic. Employment-based (or EB) numbers were current from 2001 through 2005 due to a legislative "fix." This legislation authorized prior, unused immigrant visa numbers from several earlier years to be recaptured and put back into the immigration system. That quota of recaptured numbers was exhausted during Fiscal Year (FY) 2005. As a result, in FYs 2005, 2006 and 2007 we have witnessed severe backlogs in the EB3 categories for all countries and, starting in FY2006, in the EB2 categories for China and India.
PREDICTIONS FOR EB IMMIGRANT VISA NUMBERS
Employment-Based First Preference / EB1
Mr. Oppenheim stated that the employment-based first preference (EB1) category is expected to remain current for all countries of chargeability, including India and China. This is likely throughout the remainder of FY2007 (ending September 30, 2007).
Mr. Oppenheim explained what he referred to as the �trickling effect� of unused visa numbers between EB categories. This trickling effect has resulted in the EB1 category's having remained current. The numbers in the employment-based fourth preference (EB4) and employment-based fifth preference (EB5) categories that are unused are transferred up to the EB1 category. Without this trickling affect, the EB1 category would not remain current for India and China.
This also has an impact on EB2, as unused EB1 numbers trickle down to EB2. There are not enough numbers for India and China, however, to allow the EB2 for these two countries to become current. But it has helped to move EB2 forward for these two countries, to some extent.
Employment-Based Second Preference / EB2
The employment-based second preference (EB2) category is expected to remain at its current cutoff dates for nationals of India and China. These dates have been stagnant at April 22, 2005 for China and January 8, 2003 for India for a few months.
Employment-Based Third Preference / EB3
No forward movement is expected for the employment-based third preference (EB3) category. In fact, as predicted in the March Visa Bulletin and confirmed by Mr. Oppenheim, there is a strong possibility that the EB3 numbers that are not in the "worldwide" chargeability will further retrogress, or move backward. This is expected to occur in the summer of 2007. This backward movement is based upon excessive demand for the limited supply of visa numbers. This will adversely affect nationals of India and China.
Double Dipping
Another problem important to note is one of �doubling dipping� for visa numbers by some individuals. As explained by Mr. Oppenheim, if an employment-based beneficiary filed for adjustment of status in the U.S. and for consular processing overseas, that individual could acquire two visa numbers if both cases are approved. This would result in a wasted immigrant visa number. As a result of this scenario, the DOS and the USCIS are planning a system that would coordinate their visa number allocation, so that each will be aware if the other has already issued a visa number for a particular individual, to prevent waste of this kind.
CONCLUSION
We appreciate Mr. Oppenheim's continued willingness to address matters related to visa numbers and the Visa Bulletin. The lack of employment-based visa numbers is a source of great frustration for many and Mr. Oppenheim's predictions do not assuage that feeling. It is better to have an understanding of the reality of the situation, however, than to operate in ignorance or with unrealistic expectations. The shortage of visa numbers, once again, underscores the need for legislation in this area, to increase the numbers, change the counting of the numbers (from one per person to one per family), or to revamp the system entirely.
This trickling effect was already discussed. It is from murthy.com .
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF RETROGRESSION
Mr. Oppenheim discussed the historical background that has led to the current retrogression situation. Retrogression is not something new or unfamiliar in immigration law, as long-time MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers may recall. For many, however, who may have become involved in the green card process since 2001, it is new and, of course, highly problematic. Employment-based (or EB) numbers were current from 2001 through 2005 due to a legislative "fix." This legislation authorized prior, unused immigrant visa numbers from several earlier years to be recaptured and put back into the immigration system. That quota of recaptured numbers was exhausted during Fiscal Year (FY) 2005. As a result, in FYs 2005, 2006 and 2007 we have witnessed severe backlogs in the EB3 categories for all countries and, starting in FY2006, in the EB2 categories for China and India.
PREDICTIONS FOR EB IMMIGRANT VISA NUMBERS
Employment-Based First Preference / EB1
Mr. Oppenheim stated that the employment-based first preference (EB1) category is expected to remain current for all countries of chargeability, including India and China. This is likely throughout the remainder of FY2007 (ending September 30, 2007).
Mr. Oppenheim explained what he referred to as the �trickling effect� of unused visa numbers between EB categories. This trickling effect has resulted in the EB1 category's having remained current. The numbers in the employment-based fourth preference (EB4) and employment-based fifth preference (EB5) categories that are unused are transferred up to the EB1 category. Without this trickling affect, the EB1 category would not remain current for India and China.
This also has an impact on EB2, as unused EB1 numbers trickle down to EB2. There are not enough numbers for India and China, however, to allow the EB2 for these two countries to become current. But it has helped to move EB2 forward for these two countries, to some extent.
Employment-Based Second Preference / EB2
The employment-based second preference (EB2) category is expected to remain at its current cutoff dates for nationals of India and China. These dates have been stagnant at April 22, 2005 for China and January 8, 2003 for India for a few months.
Employment-Based Third Preference / EB3
No forward movement is expected for the employment-based third preference (EB3) category. In fact, as predicted in the March Visa Bulletin and confirmed by Mr. Oppenheim, there is a strong possibility that the EB3 numbers that are not in the "worldwide" chargeability will further retrogress, or move backward. This is expected to occur in the summer of 2007. This backward movement is based upon excessive demand for the limited supply of visa numbers. This will adversely affect nationals of India and China.
Double Dipping
Another problem important to note is one of �doubling dipping� for visa numbers by some individuals. As explained by Mr. Oppenheim, if an employment-based beneficiary filed for adjustment of status in the U.S. and for consular processing overseas, that individual could acquire two visa numbers if both cases are approved. This would result in a wasted immigrant visa number. As a result of this scenario, the DOS and the USCIS are planning a system that would coordinate their visa number allocation, so that each will be aware if the other has already issued a visa number for a particular individual, to prevent waste of this kind.
CONCLUSION
We appreciate Mr. Oppenheim's continued willingness to address matters related to visa numbers and the Visa Bulletin. The lack of employment-based visa numbers is a source of great frustration for many and Mr. Oppenheim's predictions do not assuage that feeling. It is better to have an understanding of the reality of the situation, however, than to operate in ignorance or with unrealistic expectations. The shortage of visa numbers, once again, underscores the need for legislation in this area, to increase the numbers, change the counting of the numbers (from one per person to one per family), or to revamp the system entirely.
This trickling effect was already discussed. It is from murthy.com .