axual
Apr 25, 03:50 PM
This is not an iPhone 4 case ...
jhu
Oct 29, 08:37 PM
So then you only consider the BSD license to be free?
in a sense he's right. with a bsd license, you can really do whatever you want. you can modify the code to your hearts content and release or not release the code. perhaps there's an advertising clause, depending on the bsd license. and that's about it. however, with gpl, if you release the binary, you must release the code upon request.
in a sense he's right. with a bsd license, you can really do whatever you want. you can modify the code to your hearts content and release or not release the code. perhaps there's an advertising clause, depending on the bsd license. and that's about it. however, with gpl, if you release the binary, you must release the code upon request.
MathiasMag
Jul 23, 12:54 AM
So with all the speak of how unacceptable this is. Who has actually decided that the iPhone 4 is so bad that they returned their phone AND bought another advanced phone? It seems to me that there are a lot of people who has never owned one that are critical, but most of those who actually has bought one are really happy with their phone.
notromeel
Apr 25, 02:52 PM
I don't see it. Holding my iPhone at nearly the same angle and about the same distance they look identical.
You're holding it wrong.
You're holding it wrong.
.jpg)
maclaptop
Apr 29, 10:41 PM
This may be off-topic, but does anyone know if the recently purchased Mac products are "grandfathered in" for a Lion release? In other words, I just bought a new MacBook Pro yesterday... am I going to need to pay to upgrade to Lion?
It would, of course, be nice if the upgrade was free for recent purchasers similar to what MS did with the release of Win 7, but I'm assuming that since I can't find anything out about it, there's probably nothing to be hopeful about.
Based on past practices I expect this will cost us over one hundred dollars.
It would, of course, be nice if the upgrade was free for recent purchasers similar to what MS did with the release of Win 7, but I'm assuming that since I can't find anything out about it, there's probably nothing to be hopeful about.
Based on past practices I expect this will cost us over one hundred dollars.
Viking Quest
Aug 11, 09:55 AM
The 23" display is now $999
The 30" display is now $1999
Apple could fill that $1000 hole with a nice 26" cinema display. It would be perfect in our household.
Are there "25-27" LCDs out there that Apple could sell for say $1499? Has Dell or HP filled this hole yet?
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Dell 2407WFP. 24" monitor with Component, VGA, S-Video, and DVI inputs. It's a sweet monitor and blows the Apple 23" out of the water. And it's only $703!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The 30" display is now $1999
Apple could fill that $1000 hole with a nice 26" cinema display. It would be perfect in our household.
Are there "25-27" LCDs out there that Apple could sell for say $1499? Has Dell or HP filled this hole yet?
I'm about to pull the trigger on the Dell 2407WFP. 24" monitor with Component, VGA, S-Video, and DVI inputs. It's a sweet monitor and blows the Apple 23" out of the water. And it's only $703!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sikuss
Apr 8, 07:28 PM
Refurbed iPad1 after I gave my previous ipad to my grandmother to use
http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/apple-ipad-official-04.jpg
http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/apple-ipad-official-04.jpg
twoodcc
May 16, 08:07 PM
Thanks I have it all configured now, I have been doing a3 units all along. Can't wait to complete my 10 units. Hopefully this should boost the ppd from my i7 as it currently is doing 850-900ppd.
nice! did you get your passkey?
nice! did you get your passkey?
tkermit
Apr 5, 05:59 PM
If you ever want to be really successful and maybe even wealthy, then this app is vital.
Wow. Just...wow.
Wow. Just...wow.
dalvin200
Sep 12, 07:30 AM
come on guys.. stop crashing the iTunes Store :)
Play Ultimate
Oct 3, 12:44 PM
iPhone will come out before X'mas.
Actually I would predict a video iPod before Xmas; with a possible announcement right around the time Zune is released.
iPhone I don't see until next year sometime.
Actually I would predict a video iPod before Xmas; with a possible announcement right around the time Zune is released.
iPhone I don't see until next year sometime.
takao
Jan 12, 08:03 PM
Did he really say 10 million within a year? Surely he jests. It's not even coming out in Europe until and if he's thinking 10 million in the US alone, um... that's like 15% of Cingular's customer base.
i thought it was 2008 but then i guess it could also be 2009 ;)
i thought it comes out later this year and 2008 in asia ?
oh well if it's 2008 in europe ... that's what ? a full spring and an autumn collection of new phones ? ( ;) )
i thought it was 2008 but then i guess it could also be 2009 ;)
i thought it comes out later this year and 2008 in asia ?
oh well if it's 2008 in europe ... that's what ? a full spring and an autumn collection of new phones ? ( ;) )
leekohler
Apr 27, 12:12 PM
In what way is "McDonalds responsible?"
Were the shareholders involved in the senseless beating?
Was the CFO video taping the thing?
Was the COO telling the perps to "run"?
Nope.
How about we hold the degenerates who put fist to flesh responsible rather than scapegoating the big bad business?
IMO, scapegoating McDonalds only cheapens the issue. Now if you want to talk about the EMPLOYEES responsibilities for ensuring a safe environment for customers, that is another issue that I will fully support.
For christ's sake dude, would you read the OP? Because that's all this is about. I had to shorten the headline to get it to fit and it somewhat changed the meaning, which was unintentional. But the intent of the petition is to get the employees involved punished. That's all. Don't worry, McDonald's poor precious shareholders aren't being targeted by the big, bad, nasty librool on MacRumors. :rolleyes:
Were the shareholders involved in the senseless beating?
Was the CFO video taping the thing?
Was the COO telling the perps to "run"?
Nope.
How about we hold the degenerates who put fist to flesh responsible rather than scapegoating the big bad business?
IMO, scapegoating McDonalds only cheapens the issue. Now if you want to talk about the EMPLOYEES responsibilities for ensuring a safe environment for customers, that is another issue that I will fully support.
For christ's sake dude, would you read the OP? Because that's all this is about. I had to shorten the headline to get it to fit and it somewhat changed the meaning, which was unintentional. But the intent of the petition is to get the employees involved punished. That's all. Don't worry, McDonald's poor precious shareholders aren't being targeted by the big, bad, nasty librool on MacRumors. :rolleyes:
bikertwin
Sep 25, 03:51 PM
Technically my POWERMAC G4 can run iMovie, Keynote, and other mac software. RUNNING and FUNCTIONING (at a reasonable speed) are two totally different things. iPhoto takes a day to get going. I can't imagine aperture.
Anyway... I don't want to ruin anybody's happy day, but the reality is, if you don't have the latest and greatest Apple Machine, the current software runs pretty slow.
Go to the Apple store (yes, this means some of you will have to leave your apartment) and try running this software on a mac mini. Don't get depressed when it takes your entire lunch break to start the software. Forget about moving stacks of photos around and editing. As I mentioned... I had problems with the G5 QUAD and the original aperture at my Apple Store in Seattle.
Just a thought.
I wouldn't get too excited about Aperture running on 'lighter' hardware such as MacBooks or Mac minis. I think the idea is that, rather than doing hardcore raw file processing on these lightweight hardware products, you'd just have your JPEG-preview-only Aperture library on these machines. So the really speedy functionality on this lightweight hardware would be limited to organizing, sorting, searching, slideshows, etc. of pre-generated JPEG previews.
I doubt we'll be doing hardcore bulk raw processing on a Mac mini, even with Aperture 1.5. But I wouldn't mind if we could.
Anyway... I don't want to ruin anybody's happy day, but the reality is, if you don't have the latest and greatest Apple Machine, the current software runs pretty slow.
Go to the Apple store (yes, this means some of you will have to leave your apartment) and try running this software on a mac mini. Don't get depressed when it takes your entire lunch break to start the software. Forget about moving stacks of photos around and editing. As I mentioned... I had problems with the G5 QUAD and the original aperture at my Apple Store in Seattle.
Just a thought.
I wouldn't get too excited about Aperture running on 'lighter' hardware such as MacBooks or Mac minis. I think the idea is that, rather than doing hardcore raw file processing on these lightweight hardware products, you'd just have your JPEG-preview-only Aperture library on these machines. So the really speedy functionality on this lightweight hardware would be limited to organizing, sorting, searching, slideshows, etc. of pre-generated JPEG previews.
I doubt we'll be doing hardcore bulk raw processing on a Mac mini, even with Aperture 1.5. But I wouldn't mind if we could.

jholzner
Oct 10, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure where you got those criteria... but those aren't the criteria for which story make the first page.
Readers aren't asked to blindly believe page 1 rumors... Whether Page 1 or Page 2, rumors are presented in their context.... with historical context of the sites involved. Engadget generally has pretty low standards regarding rumors - in that they will post whatever they want on their site if they find it remotely interesting -- that being said, I've not seen them post Apple Rumor items using their own sources with any degree of certainty before. As a result, they get this front page spot. If "joerumorblogIveneverheardof.com" posts a rumor from "reliable" sources, it won't even get a mention on Page 2.
arn
I just checked joerumorblogIveneverheardof.com and the site isn't even real! Jeez, how about some fact checking 'round here.:p
Anyway, I want this to be true sooo bad. This device could be so awesome.
Readers aren't asked to blindly believe page 1 rumors... Whether Page 1 or Page 2, rumors are presented in their context.... with historical context of the sites involved. Engadget generally has pretty low standards regarding rumors - in that they will post whatever they want on their site if they find it remotely interesting -- that being said, I've not seen them post Apple Rumor items using their own sources with any degree of certainty before. As a result, they get this front page spot. If "joerumorblogIveneverheardof.com" posts a rumor from "reliable" sources, it won't even get a mention on Page 2.
arn
I just checked joerumorblogIveneverheardof.com and the site isn't even real! Jeez, how about some fact checking 'round here.:p
Anyway, I want this to be true sooo bad. This device could be so awesome.
cybermiguel
Nov 16, 09:59 PM
who wants to run amd anyway?
I would.
You see...ATi's integrated graphics solution is WAAYY BETTER than Intel 945 integrated graphics solution, so, it would be the perfect match for a lowcost laptop: Turion CPU and an ATi chipset.
Here's a page with some IGP benchmarks: http://kettya.com/notebook2/gpu_ranking.htm
I would.
You see...ATi's integrated graphics solution is WAAYY BETTER than Intel 945 integrated graphics solution, so, it would be the perfect match for a lowcost laptop: Turion CPU and an ATi chipset.
Here's a page with some IGP benchmarks: http://kettya.com/notebook2/gpu_ranking.htm
Stella
Jul 21, 10:09 AM
Apple is doing what they need to do to defend themselves against the smear job put out by the haters in the media and tech sites aligned against them.
LOL. Grow up. You sound paranoid: Everyone is out to get Apple.
The Antenna issue is real. It was bought about because enough people were having issues not due to some kind of grand conspiracy.
LOL. Grow up. You sound paranoid: Everyone is out to get Apple.
The Antenna issue is real. It was bought about because enough people were having issues not due to some kind of grand conspiracy.

MacUser4_20
Sep 25, 01:26 PM
Great update, Great Feature-set, Apple IS listening, Thank you! Cannot wait to update 1.1.2 on my Mac! Thank you, thank you, thank you, APPLE!

hobo.hopkins
Mar 28, 04:46 PM
This not so subtle shift is a terrifying glimpse into the future of our beloved OSX.
That is so crazy it's ridiculous. There is no evidence to support your statement. Mac OS X is not headed towards the "walled garden" universe that everyone seems to freak out over. Apple's just giving people who don't know anything about computers an easy way to purchase and find applications.
I do agree, however, that by not including applications outside of the Mac App Store Apple is diminishing the value of the award. I believe it is within their right to do so, although I don't like it.
That is so crazy it's ridiculous. There is no evidence to support your statement. Mac OS X is not headed towards the "walled garden" universe that everyone seems to freak out over. Apple's just giving people who don't know anything about computers an easy way to purchase and find applications.
I do agree, however, that by not including applications outside of the Mac App Store Apple is diminishing the value of the award. I believe it is within their right to do so, although I don't like it.
wrxguy
Sep 8, 09:20 AM
kanye west can kiss my ass.....hes a whinny little bitch....
marktwain
Nov 23, 06:50 PM
I can confirm these are indeed the prices you will see. As for other details, none have been given. I'm sure we'll be told the details just before opening, such as what discounts can or cannot be combined by customers, etc. Expect all new signage in the stores, as well as a switch from the traditional black shirts to bright red shirts which display a product on front and a clever saying on the back. iPod, iPod Shuffle, MacBook & iMac will be the variety you'll see.
Also of note...if you bought recently (in the last few days) and want to get in on the dicounted prices, bring your product back in and plead with the store managers...they have the authority to return and re-ring the sale with the discount sans any restocking fee. Of course, they also have the right to be jerks and say no.
One last thing...don't plan on getting much attention from the Mac Specialist tomorrow, they'll be busy ringing out sales. Know what you want and get in line. They've been building stock for the last few weeks, but some items, such as iMacs and MacBooks are in limited quantities. (Perhaps 30 of each model in stock...maximum)
Also of note...if you bought recently (in the last few days) and want to get in on the dicounted prices, bring your product back in and plead with the store managers...they have the authority to return and re-ring the sale with the discount sans any restocking fee. Of course, they also have the right to be jerks and say no.
One last thing...don't plan on getting much attention from the Mac Specialist tomorrow, they'll be busy ringing out sales. Know what you want and get in line. They've been building stock for the last few weeks, but some items, such as iMacs and MacBooks are in limited quantities. (Perhaps 30 of each model in stock...maximum)
Rt&Dzine
Apr 22, 09:49 AM
+1 I'm all for it!
teach our kids why rome fell etc.
Christianity?
teach our kids why rome fell etc.
Christianity?
flopticalcube
Nov 24, 08:05 PM
Online stores are still having problems. Try reviewing your orders.
eawmp1
Apr 12, 06:37 PM
Clip has absolutely no context, so hard to tell if reasonable. Did she trip the metal detectors? Did something show on body scan? Did mom refuse body scan? Were they acting suspicious?
I agree the current screening policies are ridiculous. I'll play devil's advocate. Drugs have been smuggled on children. Why couldn't bombs be stashed on them?
I agree the current screening policies are ridiculous. I'll play devil's advocate. Drugs have been smuggled on children. Why couldn't bombs be stashed on them?