number30
04-16 11:44 AM
My friend had a similar RFE and he got a month to answer. Luckily he found his I-20 copy.
Couple of things you can try.
1. Contact the previous company/HR/Lawyer that filed for the first OPT/H1b for you and they might have a copy of it. Most companies/lawfirms retain the files or archive it rather than destroying it. This is the best bet.
2. Whatever the lawyer suggested along with any proof of your I-94 with D/S stamp from your student days along with clear copies of passport stamps with DOE and exit.
Other option is Try to get from University. They will have the copy for the sure.
Couple of things you can try.
1. Contact the previous company/HR/Lawyer that filed for the first OPT/H1b for you and they might have a copy of it. Most companies/lawfirms retain the files or archive it rather than destroying it. This is the best bet.
2. Whatever the lawyer suggested along with any proof of your I-94 with D/S stamp from your student days along with clear copies of passport stamps with DOE and exit.
Other option is Try to get from University. They will have the copy for the sure.
wallpaper of my favorite quotes from
pash02
05-25 07:50 AM
Sent
bec
11-08 02:22 PM
and maybe, get a few more puppies for the kids..nice idea. completely support it.
2011 just winning every second
snathan
08-05 12:06 AM
My first 3 years of H1B visa and I-94 expired on december,31,2009. My employer applied for my H1B renewal and got the approval notice (797A with I-94 part in the bottom valid from 1/1/2010 till end of 2012) expiring in end of 2012. I went to Canada for 4 days and got my 3 year visa extension stamped which is valid till end of 2012 for the same employer. They took off my old I-94 when I left to Canada and did not issue a new I-94 while entering the US. The officer just took a look at the 797 and said that I am good with the bottom part of the 797 itself and did not stamp any expiry date on the bottom part or did not issue a new I-94(white card).He just stamped the entry date and POE name on my passport. I checked with the CBP officer and she said that since the renewed visa and 797 is valid till end of 2012, I can use the bottom part of the 797 as the I-94 and it is valid till end of 2012. Is this correct?
I noticed that the bottom part of the 797 has the same number as my old I-94.
I believe that I should get a new I-94,but the officer was not ready to believe that and kept saying that the 797 bottom part is enough.
The U.S. Government has undertaken a variety of efforts since September 11 to enhance border security. If you are traveling to the U.S. with a nonimmigrant visa, and are taking a short trip(s) to Canada and Mexico, review the Automatic Revalidation webpage on the CBP website. Anyone who has applied for and been refused visa issuance at a border post is prohibited from re-admission or re-entry to the U.S. in the same visa category, even though they are in possession of a valid I-94 form. Travelers who are citizens of countries on the State Department's list of State Sponsors of Terrorism are prohibited from re-entering the U.S. using solely an I-94 form if their visa has expired.
http://cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/id_visa/revalidation.ctt/revalidation.pdf
I noticed that the bottom part of the 797 has the same number as my old I-94.
I believe that I should get a new I-94,but the officer was not ready to believe that and kept saying that the 797 bottom part is enough.
The U.S. Government has undertaken a variety of efforts since September 11 to enhance border security. If you are traveling to the U.S. with a nonimmigrant visa, and are taking a short trip(s) to Canada and Mexico, review the Automatic Revalidation webpage on the CBP website. Anyone who has applied for and been refused visa issuance at a border post is prohibited from re-admission or re-entry to the U.S. in the same visa category, even though they are in possession of a valid I-94 form. Travelers who are citizens of countries on the State Department's list of State Sponsors of Terrorism are prohibited from re-entering the U.S. using solely an I-94 form if their visa has expired.
http://cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/id_visa/revalidation.ctt/revalidation.pdf
more...
EndlessWait
07-31 05:02 PM
This is just a letter sized paper. No pictures. Some people accept it. Some don't. Even in Florida. It didn't use to have a signature. But I guess now it does. Last time I asked them and they said it is valid and should be accepted anywhere in FL. But, try renting a car with it.
Its worse if you have to travel out of state, and rent a car. I had to travel on work and it was horrible. Every time you use your credit card they ask for photo ID.
There is another thing called ID card, different then license.
Its worse if you have to travel out of state, and rent a car. I had to travel on work and it was horrible. Every time you use your credit card they ask for photo ID.
There is another thing called ID card, different then license.
windingroad
04-07 04:56 PM
My understanding is that one needs a US degree for stamping in Canada.
Is that still the case ?
Is that still the case ?
more...
sam_austin77
12-30 09:30 PM
Thanks a lot. This helps me.
Now for this EAD, should I go thru an attorney or do it myself by the USCIS website.
you need to use EAD since you were on L1 and that cant be transferred to your new employer.
Other than that you need:
- I-140 to be approved*
- 180 dyas to pass from your I-485 receipt date.
*strictly speaking if I-140 was "approvable" at that 180 day mark, you are all set, but its safest to wait for it to be approved.
Now for this EAD, should I go thru an attorney or do it myself by the USCIS website.
you need to use EAD since you were on L1 and that cant be transferred to your new employer.
Other than that you need:
- I-140 to be approved*
- 180 dyas to pass from your I-485 receipt date.
*strictly speaking if I-140 was "approvable" at that 180 day mark, you are all set, but its safest to wait for it to be approved.
2010 Funny Winning Quotes:
vine93
06-12 06:46 PM
Congressman scheduled a meeting for Family and Employment based victims. I had a talk with their office , they would like to listen individual stories at the hall. I am planning to attend this tomorrow. CO state chapter please join this .
http://polis.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=129256
http://polis.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=129256
more...
ItIsNotFunny
09-23 10:15 AM
I don't get it - where are the rest of the 2468 members?
Can we send out a blast (through Pappu) to everyone on this forum?
Our need will be felt much more strongly is ALL of us participate - right guys? I'm kind of shocked that the number is only 32!!!!
Those are the people who don't deserve GC!
Can we send out a blast (through Pappu) to everyone on this forum?
Our need will be felt much more strongly is ALL of us participate - right guys? I'm kind of shocked that the number is only 32!!!!
Those are the people who don't deserve GC!
hair Funny Winning Quotes: wsb
canmt
11-16 08:21 AM
Read posts on AC21 for details.
more...
mkkcbe
11-01 01:22 PM
Completely agree with you! It is just frustrating to know that NSC takes such a long time to process I-140s. TSC is much better with respect to I-140 processing.
I am at the last year of H1. So I hope they will approve my case soon, so that I can go for 3 yr extension.
I am at the last year of H1. So I hope they will approve my case soon, so that I can go for 3 yr extension.
hot Funny Winning Quotes:
hoolahoous
10-30 05:28 PM
Cash payments that have been earned, such as Title II Social Security benefits, government pensions, and veterans' benefits, among other forms of earned benefits, do not support a public charge determination.
Unemployment compensation is also not considered for public charge purposes.
that settles it. Receiving Unemployment benefits is okay on AOS.
Unemployment compensation is also not considered for public charge purposes.
that settles it. Receiving Unemployment benefits is okay on AOS.
more...
house Charlie Sheen quotes flow
MetteBB
05-11 01:51 PM
and finally... the apples again
tattoo Sports Quotes . A winning
desi3933
08-06 12:53 PM
I have 3 years degree (15 year education). I am not sure if I can file on EB2.
You have filed on EB3 & planning to file on EB2; could you please share the logic for this & why are you waiting end of 2008, please share the reason, so if needed I can also plan something like you.
Thanks,
Sanjeev
No, you can not. As one must have a single degree that is the "foreign equivalent degree" to a United States baccalaureate degree
Please refer to similar case
http://www.uscis.gov/err/B5%20-%20Members%20of%20the%20Professions%20holding%20Ad vanced%20Degrees%20or%20Aliens%20of%20Exceptional% 20Ability/Decisions_Issued_in_2005/NOV152005_02B5203.pdf
_____________________________
US Permanent Resident since 2002
You have filed on EB3 & planning to file on EB2; could you please share the logic for this & why are you waiting end of 2008, please share the reason, so if needed I can also plan something like you.
Thanks,
Sanjeev
No, you can not. As one must have a single degree that is the "foreign equivalent degree" to a United States baccalaureate degree
Please refer to similar case
http://www.uscis.gov/err/B5%20-%20Members%20of%20the%20Professions%20holding%20Ad vanced%20Degrees%20or%20Aliens%20of%20Exceptional% 20Ability/Decisions_Issued_in_2005/NOV152005_02B5203.pdf
_____________________________
US Permanent Resident since 2002
more...
pictures Win Quotes after winning.
vxg
10-31 03:33 PM
Query on Advance Parol. Send Clear Copies of Passports and I 94 Cards.
Question? Does I need to send all I 94 Cards of each H1B and all copies of passports with all pages.
I appreciate your suggestions..
I had the same query for my wife. I sent color copies of passport front and back, latest visa, I-94, DL and EAD all in color. Keep me posted how long it took for you to get approval after you sent the docs.
Question? Does I need to send all I 94 Cards of each H1B and all copies of passports with all pages.
I appreciate your suggestions..
I had the same query for my wife. I sent color copies of passport front and back, latest visa, I-94, DL and EAD all in color. Keep me posted how long it took for you to get approval after you sent the docs.
dresses Charlie Sheens top ten quotes
txh1b
04-15 10:40 AM
I think Air India is the best for elderly people.
I second that. The food is certainly tolerable than the European carriers and the familiar desi faces help the elderly not to hesitate and ask for anything they need.
I second that. The food is certainly tolerable than the European carriers and the familiar desi faces help the elderly not to hesitate and ask for anything they need.
more...
makeup You can#39;t win any game unless
bayarea07
07-18 02:34 PM
:-)
girlfriend Top 14 Charlie Sheen Quotes
s_r_e_e
08-13 06:20 PM
1) The award you submitted was academic in nature. USCIS maintains that student awards such as fellowships, scholarships do not meet this criteria. Do you have anythingelse that is nationally recognized? Show me the evidence.
2) You submitted your work at research meetings. That is what researchers are supposed to do. How is your work is above and beyond what is out there in those meetings? "Consequently, it does not follow that all scientists who are asked to present their findings enjoy sustained acclaim in their field". Show me how your presentation history exceeds others.
3) Show the clear evidence that you have performed a leading and critical role in your organization.
4) You published several papers. But scientists are supposed to publish and dessiminate their work. Please resubmit updated citation listing. Please submit objective listing that your publication history exceeds the rest of the field.
DOL guys seem to know what they are doing.
2) You submitted your work at research meetings. That is what researchers are supposed to do. How is your work is above and beyond what is out there in those meetings? "Consequently, it does not follow that all scientists who are asked to present their findings enjoy sustained acclaim in their field". Show me how your presentation history exceeds others.
3) Show the clear evidence that you have performed a leading and critical role in your organization.
4) You published several papers. But scientists are supposed to publish and dessiminate their work. Please resubmit updated citation listing. Please submit objective listing that your publication history exceeds the rest of the field.
DOL guys seem to know what they are doing.
hairstyles famous quotes. #Winning #
uma001
06-10 05:19 PM
hdos,
Why are you worrying much, Why dont you go back to India and come back after one year. Then file for green card. When you do not have project for 6 months why are you worrying for green card?
If you are not married, go back to India find a nice girl get married, enjoy for one yr and come back again.By that time economy will improve and you get project easily.
Why are you worrying much, Why dont you go back to India and come back after one year. Then file for green card. When you do not have project for 6 months why are you worrying for green card?
If you are not married, go back to India find a nice girl get married, enjoy for one yr and come back again.By that time economy will improve and you get project easily.
Steve Mitchell
March 27th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Yes I will be there.
Well.. speak of the devil.. I did score the publisher's tickets for the Heat game.. Not where I thought they were though.. It's section 14, row 5, seats 10,11,12,13. So I'm over in the corner behind you it appears.
Checking the Fieldhouse website it says:
"Camcorders/Recording Devices:
�Still� cameras are permitted at Pacers, Fever and Firebirds games. No Video cameras are allowed. During other events this policy will vary, and guests may be asked to check these items in at Guest Relations in the Entry Pavilion."
I've never bothered to bring a camera into the games ever.. It seems as they are pretty liberal in the policy -- kudos to them.
Now I'm going to exploit it. :-) My wife is going to the game with me and I'm guessing she is going to give me grief if I drag the borrowed 300 w/o the hood into the game.. I went down to work to borrow it this afternoon.. I'll probably have to settle for the 70-200 after she throws a fit.
Are you shooting the game Steve?
-- Matt
Well.. speak of the devil.. I did score the publisher's tickets for the Heat game.. Not where I thought they were though.. It's section 14, row 5, seats 10,11,12,13. So I'm over in the corner behind you it appears.
Checking the Fieldhouse website it says:
"Camcorders/Recording Devices:
�Still� cameras are permitted at Pacers, Fever and Firebirds games. No Video cameras are allowed. During other events this policy will vary, and guests may be asked to check these items in at Guest Relations in the Entry Pavilion."
I've never bothered to bring a camera into the games ever.. It seems as they are pretty liberal in the policy -- kudos to them.
Now I'm going to exploit it. :-) My wife is going to the game with me and I'm guessing she is going to give me grief if I drag the borrowed 300 w/o the hood into the game.. I went down to work to borrow it this afternoon.. I'll probably have to settle for the 70-200 after she throws a fit.
Are you shooting the game Steve?
-- Matt
WeShallOvercome
07-26 02:58 PM
Can any one tell the time between check cleared and Notice issued. My lawyer sent the checks and he will never bother checking his account daily for me. Hence Notice is the only thing i will get.
Same thing here. Even the notice will go to the lawyer's office and they won't bother telling me unless asked a few times.
Other than the physical notice, I guess we can get the receipt numbers by calling them once we see a substantial number of members getting the numbers/notices.
Same thing here. Even the notice will go to the lawyer's office and they won't bother telling me unless asked a few times.
Other than the physical notice, I guess we can get the receipt numbers by calling them once we see a substantial number of members getting the numbers/notices.