
needhelpASAP
04-26 01:07 PM
Thanks so much for the responses.
I have my receipt number. And I am trying to get a hod of my case folder from th company lawyer.
"As such you do not need H1 due to new rule on OPT, however; you need to check if the H1 was applied for change of status? If it is a change of status application, you need to probably inform USCIS that you will not be changing status to H1."
Is there any way I can check if th H1 was applied for change of status without information from the company lawyer?
Thanks again.
I have my receipt number. And I am trying to get a hod of my case folder from th company lawyer.
"As such you do not need H1 due to new rule on OPT, however; you need to check if the H1 was applied for change of status? If it is a change of status application, you need to probably inform USCIS that you will not be changing status to H1."
Is there any way I can check if th H1 was applied for change of status without information from the company lawyer?
Thanks again.
sukant71
02-12 08:15 PM
Is not weired funny dicriminatvie while 2003/2004 already gor GC while April2001 are waiting for approval.
You do not think there should be once a year declaration for clared date upto so n so not a single file is pending.
Why April2001 has to wait for 8(eight!) years
You do not think there should be once a year declaration for clared date upto so n so not a single file is pending.
Why April2001 has to wait for 8(eight!) years
ajju
08-31 01:29 PM
I'm a Jul 02 filer and I received the 485 and 765 notices recently.
However, the PRIORITY DATE cell in receipts for both 485 & 765 is BLANK. Is this the usual practice? Shouldn't my PD be populated on these receipt notices?
Thanks..
I've A# (9 digit.. 099xx for primary and 088xx for dependent)... PD is blank.. Guess most of people getting receipts in June/July had it blank... Don't know why...
However, the PRIORITY DATE cell in receipts for both 485 & 765 is BLANK. Is this the usual practice? Shouldn't my PD be populated on these receipt notices?
Thanks..
I've A# (9 digit.. 099xx for primary and 088xx for dependent)... PD is blank.. Guess most of people getting receipts in June/July had it blank... Don't know why...
GCAmigo
09-30 05:24 PM
Hi,
Don't fret about the PERM time lines. It can take anywhere from 1 month to more than 6 months (for Fragomen clients) for PERM approvals/denials. .
Mine is rotting in Atlanta since last Nov.. courtesy Fragomen..
Good Luck
Don't fret about the PERM time lines. It can take anywhere from 1 month to more than 6 months (for Fragomen clients) for PERM approvals/denials. .
Mine is rotting in Atlanta since last Nov.. courtesy Fragomen..
Good Luck
more...
Honda
09-03 01:21 PM
All Charge-ability Areas Except Those Listed CHINA- mainland
born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
Employment-based
1st C C C C C
2nd C 08JAN05 08JAN05 C C
3rd U U U U U
Other Worker U U U U U
4th U U U U U
Certain Religious
Workers U U U U U
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employ-
ment Areas/
Regional Centers C C C C C
If the priority date is "U" how come you are expecting the Green cards?
born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
Employment-based
1st C C C C C
2nd C 08JAN05 08JAN05 C C
3rd U U U U U
Other Worker U U U U U
4th U U U U U
Certain Religious
Workers U U U U U
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employ-
ment Areas/
Regional Centers C C C C C
If the priority date is "U" how come you are expecting the Green cards?
apnair2002
12-23 04:15 PM
Hi All,
Could any please provide some insight about the companies "Unemployment Wage report" for the state of California?
This is the only query as stated in the 221(g) form got from Chennai embassy for your reference.
"State Unemployment Wage Reports, showing all wages paid to each employee in the state, for the past two quarters as filed to State of California (This should not be payroll reports, but the actual forms filed to the State authorities listing each employee and wages paid during the quarter.)"
Could you please provide me the exact form name and number to submit through the dropbox. Also some explanation if possible on how the form will look like in order to track it down?
Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
Happy Holidays!
All the very best to all of you.
Thanks & Regards,
Chak
Chak ,Are you a returing US resdients?
Could any please provide some insight about the companies "Unemployment Wage report" for the state of California?
This is the only query as stated in the 221(g) form got from Chennai embassy for your reference.
"State Unemployment Wage Reports, showing all wages paid to each employee in the state, for the past two quarters as filed to State of California (This should not be payroll reports, but the actual forms filed to the State authorities listing each employee and wages paid during the quarter.)"
Could you please provide me the exact form name and number to submit through the dropbox. Also some explanation if possible on how the form will look like in order to track it down?
Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
Happy Holidays!
All the very best to all of you.
Thanks & Regards,
Chak
Chak ,Are you a returing US resdients?
more...

chanduv23
10-13 01:33 PM
It was nice to meet all the folks out in NYC yesterday. Bigining with 20 is not a bad sign on a firday night. Thanks Chandu!
Will Hicksville/Oyster bay be a good centralised location for Long Island folks?
If anyone can take initiaitve, I will help support. I will also come to the meet.
Please PM me in case someone can take initiative
Will Hicksville/Oyster bay be a good centralised location for Long Island folks?
If anyone can take initiaitve, I will help support. I will also come to the meet.
Please PM me in case someone can take initiative

Munshi75
09-12 10:19 AM
We went through the similar situation few weeks back. My wife's employer took her out of payroll for sometime as she could not get her EAD approved on time. But we had to convince the manger that the delay was infact the result of USCIS processing our application late and they checked our EAD application receipt notice to make sure that we applied beyond the 90 day mark . This would help immediate managers to make a decision infavour of us when in talks with higher-up's.
Also if the application has been pending beyond 75 day , USCIS would allow you to make expedite request.
Thanks
Also if the application has been pending beyond 75 day , USCIS would allow you to make expedite request.
Thanks
more...
BEC_fog
11-17 10:53 AM
I looked at converting to RIR but there seems to be no point in changing. There is no guarantee that an RIR application will be processed before an TR. Also, they are picking up applications in random order and not FIFO. So, I decided against the conversion.
PD: EB2 India- Sept 02
PD: EB2 India- Sept 02

mirage
07-11 01:29 PM
1 year from now, only EB3-Indians with PDs of 2001-2006 will hang on the IV website. Everybody else(or atleast 99%) will be gone...
We will need help renewing our EADs and AP each year forever...and will seek answers on wague rules and regulations USCIS/DHS will keep putting in
We will need help renewing our EADs and AP each year forever...and will seek answers on wague rules and regulations USCIS/DHS will keep putting in
more...
beppenyc
04-27 02:45 PM
I was watching an interview with John McCain on larry king live 2 or 3 days ago. Mccain said that an immigration bill would be introduced in the senate in a week or two which would focus on border security first, i am not sure what that means, focusiing on border security first, good or bad for us? would that mean our provisions will be moved to a later stage where border security is ratified first before anything can happen etc etc which is what anti-immigrants want.
No, it means that the bill will have some trigger or benchmark before any legalization for the undocumented workers.
No, it means that the bill will have some trigger or benchmark before any legalization for the undocumented workers.

lskreddy
08-01 10:24 AM
Thanks for getting IV a media lead.
pls send all contact info to info at immigrationvoice.org
I sent you Matt's info.
pls send all contact info to info at immigrationvoice.org
I sent you Matt's info.
more...
pappu
06-02 10:58 AM
I still no access to the donor forums for me. I've already sent 3 emails per the thread above. Is it really such a big deal to grant access to donor forum??
Airbusfan
I had sent you a private message yesterday. .
Without verification we cannot give access to anyone.
Anu has been out sick and will not be doing verification for next couple of months. Myself and other team members will handle this task in our spare time from other IV work and there could be delays. However we will try to have the delay only for 15 days at the most.
Ryan, Thanks for responding to the PM.
Airbusfan
I had sent you a private message yesterday. .
Without verification we cannot give access to anyone.
Anu has been out sick and will not be doing verification for next couple of months. Myself and other team members will handle this task in our spare time from other IV work and there could be delays. However we will try to have the delay only for 15 days at the most.
Ryan, Thanks for responding to the PM.
punjabi
04-13 03:41 PM
CONGRATS!!
Please donate to IV today.
Congrats again!
I also pedge to donate $500 to IV on the day I receive the GC.
Hello IV Freinds,
I checked my mail last Saturday, got Cards and welcome approval notices in mail. Status at USCIS website still shows all cases pending. I had called my Senators office for follow up week before as processing dates also had also passed.
.....
Thanks,
Please donate to IV today.
Congrats again!
I also pedge to donate $500 to IV on the day I receive the GC.
Hello IV Freinds,
I checked my mail last Saturday, got Cards and welcome approval notices in mail. Status at USCIS website still shows all cases pending. I had called my Senators office for follow up week before as processing dates also had also passed.
.....
Thanks,
more...

amitjoey
05-03 12:05 PM
I have few united air miles, which I can donate.
Thanks ruby, get in touch with pappu or the core team. PM Pappu.
Thanks ruby, get in touch with pappu or the core team. PM Pappu.
EndlessWait
05-21 01:18 PM
We all know, Mexican govt. lobbied quite a lot for there ppl. Looks like its a fair course. NRIs serve both interests US and back home. India and US seem to be strong allies now then ever, so perhaps we should ask the Indian govt. to voice our concerns.
Its only fair when illegals can get all the attention, why can't we.
Its only fair when illegals can get all the attention, why can't we.
more...
AllVNeedGcPc
06-22 11:56 AM
I had a somewhat similar issue where my parent's I-94s had wrong names on them (Both had same names printed on them). My colleague at work told me that he got name spelling fixed for her mom by going back to the same airport. First I did not believe him, but when I tried it worked. By the way in my case I went back after 2 weeks and POE was IAD.
It looks like you can get minor errors on your I-94 fixed at the POE itself.
All the best.
I came back to US on Mar 30 2008 using advance parole. The officer wrote on I-94 , paroled until Mar 29, 2008 (I am assuming its an oversight).
I didnt detect the oversight till yesterday. What my current status and what actions should I take to rectify the error.
I am still working for my employer that sponsored the H1B which is valid till Feb 2009, although the stamp on the passport was valid only till Feb 2008
Thanks
It looks like you can get minor errors on your I-94 fixed at the POE itself.
All the best.
I came back to US on Mar 30 2008 using advance parole. The officer wrote on I-94 , paroled until Mar 29, 2008 (I am assuming its an oversight).
I didnt detect the oversight till yesterday. What my current status and what actions should I take to rectify the error.
I am still working for my employer that sponsored the H1B which is valid till Feb 2009, although the stamp on the passport was valid only till Feb 2008
Thanks
rbalaji5
02-20 05:25 PM
rbalaji,
If you don't mind sharing can you please give info like, your priority date, which service center your application is being processed.
Looks like they have begun processing applications filed in July 07.
NSC - PD MAY 29 2007.
I-140 APPLIED ON JULY 06TH 2007
I-485 APPLIED ON JULY 27 2007.
I-140 APPROVED ON JAN 15TH 2008
If you don't mind sharing can you please give info like, your priority date, which service center your application is being processed.
Looks like they have begun processing applications filed in July 07.
NSC - PD MAY 29 2007.
I-140 APPLIED ON JULY 06TH 2007
I-485 APPLIED ON JULY 27 2007.
I-140 APPROVED ON JAN 15TH 2008
srinivas_o
08-24 12:07 AM
Gurus,
Is it wise to make an Infopass appointment to find out what document was mailed to me by USCIS as nobody from customer serivce are telling me the answer? Please let me know...
Thanks.
Is it wise to make an Infopass appointment to find out what document was mailed to me by USCIS as nobody from customer serivce are telling me the answer? Please let me know...
Thanks.
PresidentO
02-07 01:19 PM
Hi! I am on a H1 - B visa and had a question. If I marry someone from my home country India and she is working out there as a physiotherapist, can she come here and start practicing immediately or she needs to give some exams and do I need to file her H1 - B in the quota opening in April or is she outside the quota?
Does she have a 4 year PT degree? Most probably yes, as most schools in India have retired the 3 year PT program but just check out. If by any chance she has the 3 year degree, her degree is most likely not recognized.
She cannot get a H1 filed on Mar 31st and start working.
She has to do
Long term plan
(1) Join a school here, get her masters in PT, and on the side prep/pass the licensing exam NPTE. Passing NPTE is critical and one needs to score between 75 and 80 percent to clear the exam. Then do type II certificate (http://www.fccpt.org/forapplicants.html#typeII) for her visa screen and then get hired as PT. Hope that the PT and nurse caps open up and file for GC. See that TOEFL can be a requirement, but if she got admitted into a PT school she already has TOEFL.
Short term plan
(2) File for Type 1 Certificate. (http://www.fccpt.org/forapplicants.html#typeI)
I dont see the NPTE as a requirement here but I believe at some point the state agency will say, enough of work on the Type I certificate and now lets do the NPTE. Some states already have 6 month limit and you should clear NPTE by end of 6 months to continue working as a PT.
Both these will take alteast 3+ months to be processed and issued
Official transcripts/marksheets sent directly from the institution for ALL higher education.
If the applicant sends the syllabi/transcripts himself/herslef, FCCPT will just throw them away. One needs to request the school/Univ to send them directly
Which ever FCCPT asks to send directly from the agency/instituiton should come from them. Other wise, its just waste of time and money. FCCPT looks at the mail stamps and other things to make sure they came from the school/agency directly.
Hope the information overload is enough!
Does she have a 4 year PT degree? Most probably yes, as most schools in India have retired the 3 year PT program but just check out. If by any chance she has the 3 year degree, her degree is most likely not recognized.
She cannot get a H1 filed on Mar 31st and start working.
She has to do
Long term plan
(1) Join a school here, get her masters in PT, and on the side prep/pass the licensing exam NPTE. Passing NPTE is critical and one needs to score between 75 and 80 percent to clear the exam. Then do type II certificate (http://www.fccpt.org/forapplicants.html#typeII) for her visa screen and then get hired as PT. Hope that the PT and nurse caps open up and file for GC. See that TOEFL can be a requirement, but if she got admitted into a PT school she already has TOEFL.
Short term plan
(2) File for Type 1 Certificate. (http://www.fccpt.org/forapplicants.html#typeI)
I dont see the NPTE as a requirement here but I believe at some point the state agency will say, enough of work on the Type I certificate and now lets do the NPTE. Some states already have 6 month limit and you should clear NPTE by end of 6 months to continue working as a PT.
Both these will take alteast 3+ months to be processed and issued
Official transcripts/marksheets sent directly from the institution for ALL higher education.
If the applicant sends the syllabi/transcripts himself/herslef, FCCPT will just throw them away. One needs to request the school/Univ to send them directly
Which ever FCCPT asks to send directly from the agency/instituiton should come from them. Other wise, its just waste of time and money. FCCPT looks at the mail stamps and other things to make sure they came from the school/agency directly.
Hope the information overload is enough!
chumki
12-17 03:53 PM
Please help