ramaonline
07-27 02:10 PM
You must first get into EAD status by filing form I9 with your employer. After that you can do a second job part-time or weekends / online etc using ur EAD. EAD allows open employment for your second job - not necessary to be the same as ur current full time job.
H4 holders after getting EAD must apply for SSN. After getting SSN they can do any job full time or part time.
H4 holders after getting EAD must apply for SSN. After getting SSN they can do any job full time or part time.
palm tree clipart. Palm Tree Clipart #1059069:
wandmaker
04-03 06:59 PM
Have had unfortunate turn of events and need your guidance.
I had a valid approved h1 petition and i-94 for 2005 through company A.
Company filed for extension of h1 in 2007 and received approved h1 and i-94 valid till 2010. Did not travel out of the country at that time.
Filed for AOS 485, EAD, AP in 2007. Traveled and entered US using AP in 2008.
USCIS did inquiry and has revoked 2005 h1 because of incorrect LCA filing by the company. They have also said that because of incorrect LCA filing, I am in violation of h1 status. Attorneys have advised that USCIS will retroactive hold me as 'out-of-status' but not unlawful present as I was working in good faith based on an approved petition and unexpired i-94s.
The 2007 h1 was also filed in similar fashion as the 2005 h1.
Although USCIS has not revoked current 2007-2010 h1, there is a possibility of that happening. The 485 might be denied in that case.
The only option is to get on h4 by applying from consulate in India.
Since I will be now answering yes to question 38 (have you violated terms of US visa, or unlawful present..?) I have also shown as intent to immigrate based on my 485 filing.
I want to know my chances of getting an h4 approved.
You need to add more clarity to bold words... For instance, if your work location in LCA was New York and you worked in San Francisco - Man you are in trouble..... Please post what was incorrect on the LCA and also fill in the profile, if you want the folks to consider responding to your query. My 2 cents.
I had a valid approved h1 petition and i-94 for 2005 through company A.
Company filed for extension of h1 in 2007 and received approved h1 and i-94 valid till 2010. Did not travel out of the country at that time.
Filed for AOS 485, EAD, AP in 2007. Traveled and entered US using AP in 2008.
USCIS did inquiry and has revoked 2005 h1 because of incorrect LCA filing by the company. They have also said that because of incorrect LCA filing, I am in violation of h1 status. Attorneys have advised that USCIS will retroactive hold me as 'out-of-status' but not unlawful present as I was working in good faith based on an approved petition and unexpired i-94s.
The 2007 h1 was also filed in similar fashion as the 2005 h1.
Although USCIS has not revoked current 2007-2010 h1, there is a possibility of that happening. The 485 might be denied in that case.
The only option is to get on h4 by applying from consulate in India.
Since I will be now answering yes to question 38 (have you violated terms of US visa, or unlawful present..?) I have also shown as intent to immigrate based on my 485 filing.
I want to know my chances of getting an h4 approved.
You need to add more clarity to bold words... For instance, if your work location in LCA was New York and you worked in San Francisco - Man you are in trouble..... Please post what was incorrect on the LCA and also fill in the profile, if you want the folks to consider responding to your query. My 2 cents.
palm tree clipart. palm tree clipart.
gc_lover
06-20 12:24 PM
Hi gc_lover,
Did u get this information from your attorney? My attorney has a different view and tells me we cannot proceed without the actual papers of certification from PBEC.
Also can u check for me what is required if we do not have the certification papers from DOL(like a print out of CERTIFIED status from DOL website) to file
for 140/485. I will try to pursue with my attorney if I get this info.
Thanks.
Case Details
TR PBEC Priority Date : 03/2003 Stauts : CERTIFIED since last week
Waiting for Certification docs. to file 140/485.
Hello,
I got this from immigration-law.com website
=======================================
06/05/2007: I-140 Petitions Ineligible for Premium Processing
Under the regulation, the USCIS is authorized to suspend certain types of I-140 petitions for the premium processing on its website notice. As of now, the following I-140 petitions are not eligible for the premium processing:
1. A second filing of a Form I-140 petition while an initial Form I-140 remains pending;
2. Labor Certification substitution requests; and
3. Duplicate Labor Certification requests (i.e., cases filed without an original labor certification from the Department of labor).
It appears that the third category includes any I-140 petitions filed without the original labor certification regardless of whether they should obtain a duplicate labor certification from the DOL. It also appears that they refuse to process on the premium processing basis the I-140 petitions to request the priority date transfer unless the original labor certification application is filed with the request.
===============================================
You can apply for 140/485 but you cannot go for premium processing. I also know a case who has done this. You do not need any extra documents to file without LC. My lawyer had confirmed this thing. However, I am planning to send print out of website and email I have from BEC.
Yes, you can file without actual LC papers, so don't wait!
Did u get this information from your attorney? My attorney has a different view and tells me we cannot proceed without the actual papers of certification from PBEC.
Also can u check for me what is required if we do not have the certification papers from DOL(like a print out of CERTIFIED status from DOL website) to file
for 140/485. I will try to pursue with my attorney if I get this info.
Thanks.
Case Details
TR PBEC Priority Date : 03/2003 Stauts : CERTIFIED since last week
Waiting for Certification docs. to file 140/485.
Hello,
I got this from immigration-law.com website
=======================================
06/05/2007: I-140 Petitions Ineligible for Premium Processing
Under the regulation, the USCIS is authorized to suspend certain types of I-140 petitions for the premium processing on its website notice. As of now, the following I-140 petitions are not eligible for the premium processing:
1. A second filing of a Form I-140 petition while an initial Form I-140 remains pending;
2. Labor Certification substitution requests; and
3. Duplicate Labor Certification requests (i.e., cases filed without an original labor certification from the Department of labor).
It appears that the third category includes any I-140 petitions filed without the original labor certification regardless of whether they should obtain a duplicate labor certification from the DOL. It also appears that they refuse to process on the premium processing basis the I-140 petitions to request the priority date transfer unless the original labor certification application is filed with the request.
===============================================
You can apply for 140/485 but you cannot go for premium processing. I also know a case who has done this. You do not need any extra documents to file without LC. My lawyer had confirmed this thing. However, I am planning to send print out of website and email I have from BEC.
Yes, you can file without actual LC papers, so don't wait!
palm tree clipart. palm tree clipart. christmas
jsb
01-21 09:07 AM
hi dionysus
i got this from some requirement agencies
If it really has some source of information (and is not a pure rumour), then it may come out as some kind of order that PD cutoff dates can only be moved forward (i.e. no retrogression). We all know, moving dates like a yoyo does not make any sense. It only tells that decision makers over there just don't know what they are doing. This order might force them to think and work before issuing new cutoff dates.
i got this from some requirement agencies
If it really has some source of information (and is not a pure rumour), then it may come out as some kind of order that PD cutoff dates can only be moved forward (i.e. no retrogression). We all know, moving dates like a yoyo does not make any sense. It only tells that decision makers over there just don't know what they are doing. This order might force them to think and work before issuing new cutoff dates.
more...
palm tree clipart. Selected Clipart:
go_guy123
11-03 08:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INo69f7f8bo
About CIR.
He talks of more H1B.....no green cards :(
About CIR.
He talks of more H1B.....no green cards :(
palm tree clipart. Sketched Palm Tree Clipart
doudou
06-25 07:17 PM
Has he already filed? Can you send in your application before July 01 dateline?
Gene
Thank you guys. This scares me. I believe he already filed. At least that is what he told.
Gene
Thank you guys. This scares me. I believe he already filed. At least that is what he told.
more...
palm tree clipart. rose border clipart. rose

mantagon
07-15 01:18 PM
I guess you meant I-9 form, and yes, this is correct AFAIK. The employer should contact USCIS about it.
Yes, thats exactly what I meant. Thanks for the clarification.
Yes, thats exactly what I meant. Thanks for the clarification.
palm tree clipart. Palm Tree Clip Art. Palm Tree
miteshm
07-21 04:03 PM
I am curious - Did you get a receipt notice for your wife? I have E-filed for AP for my family. I have got the paper receipt for me but not for my family. I am wondering if there is a pattern here.
Thanks,
Mitesh
Hi,
I have absolutely the same story happened to my wife.
I'm July 2007 filer, she is a dependent. She never received AP which was approved and mailed on September 2007.
Called USCIS on October, November and December 2007. No results.
Took Infopass on January 2008. We were told that we have to apply for a new one.
On April 2008 we applied for NEW AP. I attached a cover letter, explaining everything and asking to put approval start date from the actual approval date and not the date of expiration of previous AP, which is September 2008 because it was lost. They ignored the letter!
On June 2008 we received new AP with Start Date September 2008.
My wife need to travel on August 2008.
I made infopass appointment on July 2008. I do not have any hope. At least I can try. Going to ask about FBI Name Check.
I read, somebody got AP issued by local CIS office during the infopass. But I think it's rare.
Any suggestions?
Misha
I485 EB3 filed on July 2, 2007
PD: December 2005
Thanks,
Mitesh
Hi,
I have absolutely the same story happened to my wife.
I'm July 2007 filer, she is a dependent. She never received AP which was approved and mailed on September 2007.
Called USCIS on October, November and December 2007. No results.
Took Infopass on January 2008. We were told that we have to apply for a new one.
On April 2008 we applied for NEW AP. I attached a cover letter, explaining everything and asking to put approval start date from the actual approval date and not the date of expiration of previous AP, which is September 2008 because it was lost. They ignored the letter!
On June 2008 we received new AP with Start Date September 2008.
My wife need to travel on August 2008.
I made infopass appointment on July 2008. I do not have any hope. At least I can try. Going to ask about FBI Name Check.
I read, somebody got AP issued by local CIS office during the infopass. But I think it's rare.
Any suggestions?
Misha
I485 EB3 filed on July 2, 2007
PD: December 2005
more...
palm tree clipart. Title tree clip art 4339
H1InTrouble
09-18 04:05 PM
Hi,
I am in a situation and hope someone here would be able to provide me with some advice. I was employed by Company A since 2006 and I was working at a Client location for the last 3 years. There is company B who is the primary vendor for the Client. Recently my H1 extension was denied and so I went out of status. I reached out to my end client for help. Since they are happy with my work, they said that they can talk to another vendor (company C) to sponsor a new H1 for me. Company C is now ready to file my H1 but the problem is that Company A somehow got to know about this and is enforcing a non compete agreement on me.
I wanted to know if they can do this even though the H1 was denied and they are unable to provide me with any job. Can they stop me from earning my livelihood. I did not go out and breached any contract, I am trying to move only because my H1 with company A has been denied. The only thing is that the end client is the same.
Regards
H1BInTrouble
I am in a situation and hope someone here would be able to provide me with some advice. I was employed by Company A since 2006 and I was working at a Client location for the last 3 years. There is company B who is the primary vendor for the Client. Recently my H1 extension was denied and so I went out of status. I reached out to my end client for help. Since they are happy with my work, they said that they can talk to another vendor (company C) to sponsor a new H1 for me. Company C is now ready to file my H1 but the problem is that Company A somehow got to know about this and is enforcing a non compete agreement on me.
I wanted to know if they can do this even though the H1 was denied and they are unable to provide me with any job. Can they stop me from earning my livelihood. I did not go out and breached any contract, I am trying to move only because my H1 with company A has been denied. The only thing is that the end client is the same.
Regards
H1BInTrouble
palm tree clipart. Spanish Palm Tree Counting
vivache
09-21 05:42 PM
"Top on IV's goals is 'ability to file for I-485' even when visa number is not available. As you perhaps know this will enable securing an EAD. Hope this answers your question."
Unintelligent question :).
What time frame do we expect this to kick in .. if it does?
(I know you can't give a definite date .. but just curious)
Also how optimistic are we (IV lawyers) of getting this one in? (good chance, medium chance ..)
Unintelligent question :).
What time frame do we expect this to kick in .. if it does?
(I know you can't give a definite date .. but just curious)
Also how optimistic are we (IV lawyers) of getting this one in? (good chance, medium chance ..)
more...
palm tree clipart. palm tree clipart free
EB3_SEP04
08-27 11:23 PM
If employer or attorney are not helpful then there are high chances that they are hiding something, may have communicated to you I-140 approved in EB-2 whereas in real EB-3. One of my friend already have experinced same problem, EB-3 instead of EB-2. His company is in Jersey and the name starts with N.
Another reason why employer is hiding (or don't want to share) suspecting that you can leave him.
Be careful and try some way (as suggested above) to know about your I-140. All the best.
It'd be helpful for readers if you please update your profile with your case details.
Another reason why employer is hiding (or don't want to share) suspecting that you can leave him.
Be careful and try some way (as suggested above) to know about your I-140. All the best.
It'd be helpful for readers if you please update your profile with your case details.
palm tree clipart. Tree Silhouette
whitecollarslave
03-17 10:58 AM
I checked the full text of this bill, it does not have anything else besides temporary quota increase for H-1B.
How can we actively participate in this process? How can we find out about such bills when they are still in the works and make suggestions to the lawmakers to include relief for EB issues?
How can we actively participate in this process? How can we find out about such bills when they are still in the works and make suggestions to the lawmakers to include relief for EB issues?
more...
palm tree clipart. Palm Tree Clipart #1059077:
willigetagc
08-15 09:06 AM
Hi,
If I am working with X company & Y company is ready to file GC.
(Assuming Y has no objections even if I do not join the company at all)
Is it mandatory for the candidate to join company Y at certain stage which has file GC?
I would appreciate your comments.
Regards,
Sanjeev.
Yes and no. Yes it is mandatory by definition. No because there are ways around. You could go join a school to get higher education. You could ask Y to terminate your employment.
Better still. AFter your GC is approved, get a letter from Y that "unfortunately the position is no longer available. You are most welcome to try for jobs in other areas". Then submit your resume and go for an interview or two, if called. Keep all records, emails. Then you are completely off the hook!!!
If I am working with X company & Y company is ready to file GC.
(Assuming Y has no objections even if I do not join the company at all)
Is it mandatory for the candidate to join company Y at certain stage which has file GC?
I would appreciate your comments.
Regards,
Sanjeev.
Yes and no. Yes it is mandatory by definition. No because there are ways around. You could go join a school to get higher education. You could ask Y to terminate your employment.
Better still. AFter your GC is approved, get a letter from Y that "unfortunately the position is no longer available. You are most welcome to try for jobs in other areas". Then submit your resume and go for an interview or two, if called. Keep all records, emails. Then you are completely off the hook!!!
palm tree clipart. Free Palm Tree Clipart - Page2

rahul2699
05-16 08:50 AM
Hi
Thanks for the replies
Actually I posted this same question on Lawbench.com (paid service) and one of thier lawyers provided me with this asnwer:
You cannot leave the United States while a change of employer petition is pending. Unless, that petition requests for Consular Processing. You would need to show your valid passport, H-1B visa, and current approval notice for Co B. Yes, you can enter with Company A's visa stamp.
If you cannot wait in the US for Company B's petition to be approved, you would need consular process the petition and travel with the approval notice.
My concern comes is WHAT SHE MEANS BY CONSULAR PROCESSING? Does it applies to Consular Processing?
Also what about H1 Protability 2001 ACT which says if transfer is in process, one can enter the country just on receipt?
While applying for H-1 extension/initial filing/transfer one has to specify whether they are requesting a change/extend status or they prefer consular processing. The difference is when the change/extend status is requested, an I-94 is appended to the approval (I-797A) which gives an individual right to stay in the country with out getting a visa stamped.
Consular Processing means one has to go to a US consulate in a foreign country/country of birth to get visa stamped before the H-1 approval (I-797B) can be used to work. I believe portability act suggests that one can start working for the new company while transfer is in progress with out having to wait for the approval. Hope this answers your question.
** Not a legal advice
Thanks for the replies
Actually I posted this same question on Lawbench.com (paid service) and one of thier lawyers provided me with this asnwer:
You cannot leave the United States while a change of employer petition is pending. Unless, that petition requests for Consular Processing. You would need to show your valid passport, H-1B visa, and current approval notice for Co B. Yes, you can enter with Company A's visa stamp.
If you cannot wait in the US for Company B's petition to be approved, you would need consular process the petition and travel with the approval notice.
My concern comes is WHAT SHE MEANS BY CONSULAR PROCESSING? Does it applies to Consular Processing?
Also what about H1 Protability 2001 ACT which says if transfer is in process, one can enter the country just on receipt?
While applying for H-1 extension/initial filing/transfer one has to specify whether they are requesting a change/extend status or they prefer consular processing. The difference is when the change/extend status is requested, an I-94 is appended to the approval (I-797A) which gives an individual right to stay in the country with out getting a visa stamped.
Consular Processing means one has to go to a US consulate in a foreign country/country of birth to get visa stamped before the H-1 approval (I-797B) can be used to work. I believe portability act suggests that one can start working for the new company while transfer is in progress with out having to wait for the approval. Hope this answers your question.
** Not a legal advice
more...
palm tree clipart. date palm tree clip art.
tabletpc
11-29 02:43 PM
senorita..raj here...
here comes the answers for your responses...
1) Since I wont be coming back to US as of now, what if I do not get my H1 visa stamped. Can I use my approval(I-797)in the present consulting firm's name, for getting H1b stamped through any other company in future.
You need pay stubs of working firm to get the stamping. If you are working presently ..u will ahve some pay stubs and you can use it and get stamped.
2) I understand that stamping is needed only for reentering US. What if i just get the stamping done and still do not come back. In that case, can I still transfer my stamped H1B to any other company without working at all for the consulting firm whose stamp I have on my passport.
If you live out side US for more than 360 days , then u r H1b is invalid. In order to return again you should apply under the H1b cap.
Hope this helps....
here comes the answers for your responses...
1) Since I wont be coming back to US as of now, what if I do not get my H1 visa stamped. Can I use my approval(I-797)in the present consulting firm's name, for getting H1b stamped through any other company in future.
You need pay stubs of working firm to get the stamping. If you are working presently ..u will ahve some pay stubs and you can use it and get stamped.
2) I understand that stamping is needed only for reentering US. What if i just get the stamping done and still do not come back. In that case, can I still transfer my stamped H1B to any other company without working at all for the consulting firm whose stamp I have on my passport.
If you live out side US for more than 360 days , then u r H1b is invalid. In order to return again you should apply under the H1b cap.
Hope this helps....
palm tree clipart. heat vector palm trees
webm
04-04 01:54 PM
Today at Boeing interview event I got very good offer. The HR lady congratulated me, kept offer letter in my hand. Then I told her that I'm an EAD holder. All my fear came true, and she said a big sorry and said EAD is not acceptable at any cost. Also she said, she can keep the offer in hold for me for 5 months. How can I expect green card in hand in 5 months. GOD don't give this situation to any one. just trying to reduce my pain here...
Why you told EAD??
You should have told them that i have "Work Authorization eligible to work for any employer in the US" to keep them straight.
There is another big thread in this forum discussed on the same topic.Please check that before your future interviews..
HTH,
webm
Why you told EAD??
You should have told them that i have "Work Authorization eligible to work for any employer in the US" to keep them straight.
There is another big thread in this forum discussed on the same topic.Please check that before your future interviews..
HTH,
webm
more...
palm tree clipart. date palm tree clip art.
GCDelay
11-30 11:39 AM
xxx
palm tree clipart. date palm tree clip art. date
Kodi
06-03 09:16 AM
How does it work?
According to the list an Accountant position requires a STEM discipline in Computer Science.
So an MS in Computer Science falls under STEM but an MS in Accounting does not?
Could some please verify this?
According to the list an Accountant position requires a STEM discipline in Computer Science.
So an MS in Computer Science falls under STEM but an MS in Accounting does not?
Could some please verify this?
palm tree clipart. Wedding Bells Clipart #00280
gc_bulgaria
10-09 06:26 PM
This is very useful information. So it is the Job Classification code that is important right??
Thats my understanding as well. The information on salary is a little confusing though...
Thats my understanding as well. The information on salary is a little confusing though...
Bhaskar_80
06-10 10:28 AM
Hi Gurus,
I came to U.S in May 2006. The company for which currently I am working (Company A) filed my labor (EB2) in October 2009. The labor got approved in May 2010.
My Visa is expiring in March 2011.
Now the attorney has asked me for the documents to proceed with I140.Hopefully my I140 will be filed in couple weeks.
Now my question is that, I am planning to change my job (to employer B) in September 2010.
Please help with your valuable answers for the following questions:-
1. How long does it take to get the i140 approved?
(Regular/Premium)
2. What will happen to the PD if employer A withdraws or revokes my I140 approval after I join company B? Can I still carry over my PD?
3. At this point of time how long will I get the new Visa extension when I do the H1B Transfer from employer B?
4. What are the documents I need from employer A if I have to carry forward my PD to the employer B's Green Card process?
5. Does the new job need to be the same title and job requirements as the old one?
I came to U.S in May 2006. The company for which currently I am working (Company A) filed my labor (EB2) in October 2009. The labor got approved in May 2010.
My Visa is expiring in March 2011.
Now the attorney has asked me for the documents to proceed with I140.Hopefully my I140 will be filed in couple weeks.
Now my question is that, I am planning to change my job (to employer B) in September 2010.
Please help with your valuable answers for the following questions:-
1. How long does it take to get the i140 approved?
(Regular/Premium)
2. What will happen to the PD if employer A withdraws or revokes my I140 approval after I join company B? Can I still carry over my PD?
3. At this point of time how long will I get the new Visa extension when I do the H1B Transfer from employer B?
4. What are the documents I need from employer A if I have to carry forward my PD to the employer B's Green Card process?
5. Does the new job need to be the same title and job requirements as the old one?
aug2007
02-24 12:02 AM
I'm in sixth year of H1. Also have EAD for more than 2 years but not used. Also, have valid AP (approved in Dec 2009). My I140 is approved more than a year back and I485 is pending since August 2007.
I'm going to lose my job next week. So, I've sent I9 to switch from H1 to EAD.
I'm looking for new job. But couldn't find any matching job so far as per my EB3 labor (PD oct 2004). But there are lot of full time positions that matches my EB3 labor. My employer is saying that he will cancel the I140, if I go to another company using AC21. What should I do to avoid any issue with my pending I485, if my current employer withdraws/cancells approved I140. Should I not inform my current employer about the job change till I file AC21? Or is it not a good idea to move to new employer as my current employer will cancel approved I140?
I dont have the copy of I140 approval notice. Is this required in the future for rest of the GC Process?
Can I travel out of the country without the job? Will it cause any issue at the Port of Entry, if I use AP to enter US (but currently doesn't have the job in hand)? Please advice.
I'm going to lose my job next week. So, I've sent I9 to switch from H1 to EAD.
I'm looking for new job. But couldn't find any matching job so far as per my EB3 labor (PD oct 2004). But there are lot of full time positions that matches my EB3 labor. My employer is saying that he will cancel the I140, if I go to another company using AC21. What should I do to avoid any issue with my pending I485, if my current employer withdraws/cancells approved I140. Should I not inform my current employer about the job change till I file AC21? Or is it not a good idea to move to new employer as my current employer will cancel approved I140?
I dont have the copy of I140 approval notice. Is this required in the future for rest of the GC Process?
Can I travel out of the country without the job? Will it cause any issue at the Port of Entry, if I use AP to enter US (but currently doesn't have the job in hand)? Please advice.