johnmcdonald98
07-05 12:19 PM
I go against this idea, because this doesn't work out logistically.
First as others pointed out traffic will be way less as soon as IV charges,
second, what would be the cut-off? $5 or $100? So if person who paid $5 might get the same privileges as guys who paid $1000? Is it fair, then you need to come up with normal, premium membership etc..
Third, as soon as you make people pay, they become more demanding as they need to know where their each cents have been spent. I guess then IV core member needs to answer questions related to this more than actual issues
by the way who and where do they keep the accounting in IV?
First as others pointed out traffic will be way less as soon as IV charges,
second, what would be the cut-off? $5 or $100? So if person who paid $5 might get the same privileges as guys who paid $1000? Is it fair, then you need to come up with normal, premium membership etc..
Third, as soon as you make people pay, they become more demanding as they need to know where their each cents have been spent. I guess then IV core member needs to answer questions related to this more than actual issues
by the way who and where do they keep the accounting in IV?
wallpaper ocean waves wallpaper. ocean
h1techSlave
04-04 10:41 AM
I agree with the suggestion. As Murthy has written, the maximum effect is when individuals directly contact the senators and explain to them about the hard comings that we face. We could write to individual senators (e-mail would suffice) explaining about our predicament and the benefit to the American economy and people, if EB numbers are increased.
H1techSlave
H1techSlave
Libra
09-10 12:23 PM
Andy_garcia, its good for you that your wife and kid are working. We people dont use consulting firm to get our GC, but got stuck with those companies because if we leave them we have to start whole GC process. So we dont want that to happen and wait for 10 more yrs to get our GC.
I have been here for 8 years and I do not have the option of going back to my country like you guys from India. I applied for my 485 2 years ago and my son and wife are working already.
When I was on H1, I was happy with the company. It seems that people who are using the sponsor company as a tool to get the GC are the ones complaininf the most about.
I have been here for 8 years and I do not have the option of going back to my country like you guys from India. I applied for my 485 2 years ago and my son and wife are working already.
When I was on H1, I was happy with the company. It seems that people who are using the sponsor company as a tool to get the GC are the ones complaininf the most about.
2011 Download your own Wallpaper
Dhundhun
01-19 11:22 AM
Very interesting. When we applied for 485/EAD/AP, our lawyer specifically asked for color passport copies of the first few pages. I went ahead and made copies of all pages. Am I in trouble?
Lawyer may be more knowledgable, but here is pointer to User Manual.
http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Consumer/Users%20Manual/UM_MFC_9840CDW_EN_1034.PDF
Read page number 106 (Legal limitations for copying).
After reading manaul and knowing that kinko prohibits such copying, there is some fact in it. It may happen that color copies of documents in some countries are not allowed, but for some other countries, they are allowed. I am an engineer and I don't have more information (pointer to sections of legal books).
Since I make copies at home, I follow user manual information. If my Lawyer asks such thing, I would show him the information and ask for clerification. If he overides, by give me clauses and sections, I would't hesitate for him. Laws keeps on changing.
This talks about passport: http://www.ehow.com/how_2038717_plan-any-type-trip.html
This talks about drivers licence in NC: http://ncsu.edu/student_affairs/legal_services/faqs/alcohol-laws.php
There is some discussion here http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=129660
Lawyer may be more knowledgable, but here is pointer to User Manual.
http://www.brother-usa.com/ModelDocuments/Consumer/Users%20Manual/UM_MFC_9840CDW_EN_1034.PDF
Read page number 106 (Legal limitations for copying).
After reading manaul and knowing that kinko prohibits such copying, there is some fact in it. It may happen that color copies of documents in some countries are not allowed, but for some other countries, they are allowed. I am an engineer and I don't have more information (pointer to sections of legal books).
Since I make copies at home, I follow user manual information. If my Lawyer asks such thing, I would show him the information and ask for clerification. If he overides, by give me clauses and sections, I would't hesitate for him. Laws keeps on changing.
This talks about passport: http://www.ehow.com/how_2038717_plan-any-type-trip.html
This talks about drivers licence in NC: http://ncsu.edu/student_affairs/legal_services/faqs/alcohol-laws.php
There is some discussion here http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=129660
more...
Googler
02-21 12:52 PM
Can the mods please split off these posts about porting to EB-2 to another thread? People who want to discuss converting to EB-2 would you please start another thread, so this one can be devoted to spillovers, visa cutoff movements etc?
Thanks!
Thanks!
nojoke
10-20 11:33 AM
I agree with you on this one. If you all think that GC is the only issue here, then go ahead and support Mc Cain. But if you all think that you are going to be here long term or planning on making this your home, then I think Obama is good for the country. Look where has the capitalism and free market has taken us today, nobody has a clue as to how to fix this mess, all this bail out solutions are just temporary and is pulling us further into debt trap. If there is a recession or a dollar collapse, your GC will not ensure your job.
Free market is good only for the top execs and big corporations. There should be some regulation so that they do not become irresponsible in their conduct of business. Without regulation, it is like letting a wild bull run in a china shop, it will knock everything in its way. Republicans policy is to take all the broken pieces of the china ware, put some adhesive on them and put them back on shelf, they do not want to reign in the wild bull unlike democrats.
Thank you. My point is that if the economy is good, companies will lobby for pro immigration bills. If the economy goes bad, the chances for green card goes down with many of us losing job. No party will touch immigration when the country goes to recession. And people don't mind pro immigration bill if the economy is doing good. Political parties are not pro or anti immigrants. It is the lobbying of the large companies that makes them pro immigrant. The companies lobby for immigration bills when they need more skilled labor...
Free market is good only for the top execs and big corporations. There should be some regulation so that they do not become irresponsible in their conduct of business. Without regulation, it is like letting a wild bull run in a china shop, it will knock everything in its way. Republicans policy is to take all the broken pieces of the china ware, put some adhesive on them and put them back on shelf, they do not want to reign in the wild bull unlike democrats.
Thank you. My point is that if the economy is good, companies will lobby for pro immigration bills. If the economy goes bad, the chances for green card goes down with many of us losing job. No party will touch immigration when the country goes to recession. And people don't mind pro immigration bill if the economy is doing good. Political parties are not pro or anti immigrants. It is the lobbying of the large companies that makes them pro immigrant. The companies lobby for immigration bills when they need more skilled labor...
more...
gimme_GC2006
05-12 03:13 PM
You might want to research your options some more. Maybe, have a talk with someone who is a more senior colleague or mentor, preferably one who has an MBA.
It appears from your comment on investment banking that you haven't done your research. IBs usually recruit only from the top-10 type schools.
Good Luck!
thepaew, right, I understand IB needs from top-10..it was more of "I wish I had" stuff..I am not serious on that.
Coming to why "online" ? Because I cant go fulltime on college (I have to quit my job...means no salary for 2 years...not possible..I am not that filthy rich :D)
moreover there is increased trend in acceptance of online MBA as major universities are coming online now.
It appears from your comment on investment banking that you haven't done your research. IBs usually recruit only from the top-10 type schools.
Good Luck!
thepaew, right, I understand IB needs from top-10..it was more of "I wish I had" stuff..I am not serious on that.
Coming to why "online" ? Because I cant go fulltime on college (I have to quit my job...means no salary for 2 years...not possible..I am not that filthy rich :D)
moreover there is increased trend in acceptance of online MBA as major universities are coming online now.
2010 ocean dreams water waves
CHHAYA
08-16 09:07 PM
Hi Guys,
I got an LUD on 8/14 on mine and my wifes I485s and also on the first EADs filed along with the 485. Anything cooking? I did change my employer in Feb 2010 and yet to file AC21. If any one had similar LUDs please post.
Thanks
I see LUD on 7/10/10 on mine EAD which was filed online in 08. But no LUD on 485 or last EAD which was filed in 09.
I got an LUD on 8/14 on mine and my wifes I485s and also on the first EADs filed along with the 485. Anything cooking? I did change my employer in Feb 2010 and yet to file AC21. If any one had similar LUDs please post.
Thanks
I see LUD on 7/10/10 on mine EAD which was filed online in 08. But no LUD on 485 or last EAD which was filed in 09.
more...
BharatPremi
10-25 11:38 AM
My PD: 07/2*/2003 EB3:INDIA:RIR
hair Sony PSP Wallpaper:ocean wave
alterego
09-10 06:15 PM
Actually even the Brits. have a rule in their immigration process stating that if you have spent a total of 10 yrs in that country, that alone is a basis for a PR card there. Citizenship is another 1 yr after that(there is currently some debate about making it 2 mainly over spousal PR cards). This rule is based on the premise that if you have been part of the society for that length of time then you have contributed sufficiently to warrant peership. So by this score, many of those who posted that they have been here since earlier than 1999 would have been eligible even absent the employers assistance.
Given that we have been tax paying, law abiding and patiently waiting through a bureaucratic system that has to date not approved 500K visas that they could have, we have a legitimate grouse to any fair minded person. We have contributed tremendously through our purchasing power and in many other ways to this economy.
As it stands however the system is mainly screwing EB India. Ideally they should start up a Country caps for H1b visas also. Only then will the foolishness of per country quotas for EMPLOYMENT BASED immigration be fully apparent. I see potentially another example of this "managed overflow" system at work here.
It seems likely on the Oct. VB that EB3 ROW would have been afforded a much more generous PD than EB2I. Based on the USCIS's assertion that henceforth spillover will be horizontal before vertical, the presumption can then be that EB3ROW would basically be limited to 28% of 140K, on that basis and recent retrogression for EB3ROW, those numbers should be used up rapidly. I'll bet that this will not happen. A whole lot of "managing" is going on.
Given that we have been tax paying, law abiding and patiently waiting through a bureaucratic system that has to date not approved 500K visas that they could have, we have a legitimate grouse to any fair minded person. We have contributed tremendously through our purchasing power and in many other ways to this economy.
As it stands however the system is mainly screwing EB India. Ideally they should start up a Country caps for H1b visas also. Only then will the foolishness of per country quotas for EMPLOYMENT BASED immigration be fully apparent. I see potentially another example of this "managed overflow" system at work here.
It seems likely on the Oct. VB that EB3 ROW would have been afforded a much more generous PD than EB2I. Based on the USCIS's assertion that henceforth spillover will be horizontal before vertical, the presumption can then be that EB3ROW would basically be limited to 28% of 140K, on that basis and recent retrogression for EB3ROW, those numbers should be used up rapidly. I'll bet that this will not happen. A whole lot of "managing" is going on.
more...
BlueSunD
03-07 12:08 AM
I guess it is kind of hard to try to complete an image that satisfies the mental picture that we have of it. Mostly, because of time, right now I have a lot to do too. But I won�t quit no matter what.... I guess that, either I love too much to work on 3D, or I like to suffer and don�t sleep :krazy: Anyway, good luck to everyone!
Geez Grinch! That�s really cool! I hadn�t reloaded this page until I posted... and I didn�t want to double post :)
Anyway, it�s really neat! Congratulations, the texturing is really nice!
Geez Grinch! That�s really cool! I hadn�t reloaded this page until I posted... and I didn�t want to double post :)
Anyway, it�s really neat! Congratulations, the texturing is really nice!
hot Free Ocean Wave Wallpapers
vbkris77
03-10 04:18 PM
Thanks for the reply. I already contributed fo FOIA campaign.
We keep doing feasibility discussions within the team and with our advisors before launching a campaign. We did work on some in your list above + more last year and got a couple of successes in return. Admin fix for 2 year EAD, visa recapture bill introduction are some.
I feel some admin fixes can be possible at this time and some advocacy effort with USCIS can help us get more efficient service. FOIA campaign is a step in that direction. Please support it to make it successful so that we have resources and participation to move forward.
We keep doing feasibility discussions within the team and with our advisors before launching a campaign. We did work on some in your list above + more last year and got a couple of successes in return. Admin fix for 2 year EAD, visa recapture bill introduction are some.
I feel some admin fixes can be possible at this time and some advocacy effort with USCIS can help us get more efficient service. FOIA campaign is a step in that direction. Please support it to make it successful so that we have resources and participation to move forward.
more...
house Download medium wallpaper of

bomber
06-30 07:37 PM
This is a huge misconception in people.
Filing I485 when the dates are current does not mean you will get a greencard.
Only 30% will in 6 months if the dates stay current.
rest 70% will get in 1 year to 3 years or more based on FBI name checks.
Chew on this and educate your friends.
Everybody knows this.. I didn't quite understand what you meant to convey.
What I meant was that even if my I-485 is accepted(i did not say even if I get my GC)
Filing I485 when the dates are current does not mean you will get a greencard.
Only 30% will in 6 months if the dates stay current.
rest 70% will get in 1 year to 3 years or more based on FBI name checks.
Chew on this and educate your friends.
Everybody knows this.. I didn't quite understand what you meant to convey.
What I meant was that even if my I-485 is accepted(i did not say even if I get my GC)
tattoo Ocean Waves (HD 1080p)
vkraman7
03-17 11:07 AM
Category: EB3 India
PD: Sep 2002
Filed 485 on 07/27/2007
PD: Sep 2002
Filed 485 on 07/27/2007
more...
pictures Download medium wallpaper of
feedfront
09-23 12:24 PM
Congrats Dude.. :)
Enjoy the freedom and keep supporting the immigration reform
Enjoy the freedom and keep supporting the immigration reform
dresses Tags: wave, ocean, sun,

new_gc
12-17 03:25 PM
My labor is filed in EB3 , and i am awaiting Certification.
My PD is Nov 2007.
I dont feel that i am gonna get even EAD in the next 10 years, with the current delays,unless something major changes.
Any hopes??
i myself am new to all this...but when i surveyed vb's from 1997..it was made current every 2.5 years...and i guess if not stuck in namecheck everything will be fine....and with current situation hopefully something good happens.....
My PD is Nov 2007.
I dont feel that i am gonna get even EAD in the next 10 years, with the current delays,unless something major changes.
Any hopes??
i myself am new to all this...but when i surveyed vb's from 1997..it was made current every 2.5 years...and i guess if not stuck in namecheck everything will be fine....and with current situation hopefully something good happens.....
more...
makeup ocean wave wallpaper. ocean waves on the white; ocean waves on the white
makemygc
07-05 10:02 AM
Strange to find that any thread which asks for contribution is pushed down the toilet within seconds whereas people are just too fond of discussing all idiotic things like..July 2 filers, July 3 filers, Will USCIS return our appllications, so on and so forth.
girlfriend Free 3D Waves Wallpaper
alterego
09-10 06:15 PM
Actually even the Brits. have a rule in their immigration process stating that if you have spent a total of 10 yrs in that country, that alone is a basis for a PR card there. Citizenship is another 1 yr after that(there is currently some debate about making it 2 mainly over spousal PR cards). This rule is based on the premise that if you have been part of the society for that length of time then you have contributed sufficiently to warrant peership. So by this score, many of those who posted that they have been here since earlier than 1999 would have been eligible even absent the employers assistance.
Given that we have been tax paying, law abiding and patiently waiting through a bureaucratic system that has to date not approved 500K visas that they could have, we have a legitimate grouse to any fair minded person. We have contributed tremendously through our purchasing power and in many other ways to this economy.
As it stands however the system is mainly screwing EB India. Ideally they should start up a Country caps for H1b visas also. Only then will the foolishness of per country quotas for EMPLOYMENT BASED immigration be fully apparent. I see potentially another example of this "managed overflow" system at work here.
It seems likely on the Oct. VB that EB3 ROW would have been afforded a much more generous PD than EB2I. Based on the USCIS's assertion that henceforth spillover will be horizontal before vertical, the presumption can then be that EB3ROW would basically be limited to 28% of 140K, on that basis and recent retrogression for EB3ROW, those numbers should be used up rapidly. I'll bet that this will not happen. A whole lot of "managing" is going on.
Given that we have been tax paying, law abiding and patiently waiting through a bureaucratic system that has to date not approved 500K visas that they could have, we have a legitimate grouse to any fair minded person. We have contributed tremendously through our purchasing power and in many other ways to this economy.
As it stands however the system is mainly screwing EB India. Ideally they should start up a Country caps for H1b visas also. Only then will the foolishness of per country quotas for EMPLOYMENT BASED immigration be fully apparent. I see potentially another example of this "managed overflow" system at work here.
It seems likely on the Oct. VB that EB3 ROW would have been afforded a much more generous PD than EB2I. Based on the USCIS's assertion that henceforth spillover will be horizontal before vertical, the presumption can then be that EB3ROW would basically be limited to 28% of 140K, on that basis and recent retrogression for EB3ROW, those numbers should be used up rapidly. I'll bet that this will not happen. A whole lot of "managing" is going on.
hairstyles ocean waves wallpaper
go_guy123
02-14 10:02 PM
That is like Saudi King one fine day deciding he is not going to sell any more oil to US,if such is the case world economy halts.
If they decide not to sell oil then what are they going to eat. OPEC countries are known to cheat on the quotas. In fact countries Iran export crude oil...and the irony is that they import petrol, diesel etc...they dont produce even the basic refined products for they own use..so without exporting they themselves will have energy shortage.
If they decide not to sell oil then what are they going to eat. OPEC countries are known to cheat on the quotas. In fact countries Iran export crude oil...and the irony is that they import petrol, diesel etc...they dont produce even the basic refined products for they own use..so without exporting they themselves will have energy shortage.
BharatPremi
03-12 02:06 PM
BharatPremi,
So you gave up H1B and moved onto EAD? Is it because the new employer is not interested in H1B transfer or some other reason?
Also, my I140 was approved in 2006 and I1485 filed in July last year (both with a large, well-known company). If I change employers now and work using EAD, are there any major issues that can arise? Like furnishing of audit reports, etc?
I tried to keep H1 but finally I had to gave it up as "For critical positions we hire EAD/GC holders- US Citizens only and thus we can not allow H1 transfer for this position".
I do not see any problem in your case based on the information what you gave here. Large companies - So must be having 3 years Audit reports - perhaps available publicly (In my case that is the case -- so virtually no risk).If you get new job offer letter with "Same job description" as one under which your gC filed - no problem - No gap in pay stubs .. Then go ahead and we will welcome you to EAD club.
So you gave up H1B and moved onto EAD? Is it because the new employer is not interested in H1B transfer or some other reason?
Also, my I140 was approved in 2006 and I1485 filed in July last year (both with a large, well-known company). If I change employers now and work using EAD, are there any major issues that can arise? Like furnishing of audit reports, etc?
I tried to keep H1 but finally I had to gave it up as "For critical positions we hire EAD/GC holders- US Citizens only and thus we can not allow H1 transfer for this position".
I do not see any problem in your case based on the information what you gave here. Large companies - So must be having 3 years Audit reports - perhaps available publicly (In my case that is the case -- so virtually no risk).If you get new job offer letter with "Same job description" as one under which your gC filed - no problem - No gap in pay stubs .. Then go ahead and we will welcome you to EAD club.
onemorecame
10-05 12:50 PM
My Attorney is going to reply today, let�s hope for good.
Onemorecame
Onemorecame