newagemac
Mar 24, 06:00 AM
This would greatly improve the usability of airplay, in my opinion.
Imagine you had your TV on some random channel, while surfing the internet on your iPad. If your TV supported AirPlay, then you could just click the Airplay button on your iPad, and the random channel would be changed to the Airplay content. You wouldn't have to change the tuners over to Apple TV. Much more convenient.
I absolutely agree with this. The funny thing though is ever since we got the new Apple TV, we always keep the input on the Apple TV. And that's all because of Airplay. The ability to stream any TV show, music, or movie on my computer at will is a very powerful and rewarding home entertainment experience. Even Air Video works with Airplay for formats that are not normally supported by the Apple TV.
My most recent favorite 3rd party Airplay app is Vevo. Music videos streamed to your TV over Airplay on demand. Just search for the one you want and even set up playlists. That is very cool.
Imagine you had your TV on some random channel, while surfing the internet on your iPad. If your TV supported AirPlay, then you could just click the Airplay button on your iPad, and the random channel would be changed to the Airplay content. You wouldn't have to change the tuners over to Apple TV. Much more convenient.
I absolutely agree with this. The funny thing though is ever since we got the new Apple TV, we always keep the input on the Apple TV. And that's all because of Airplay. The ability to stream any TV show, music, or movie on my computer at will is a very powerful and rewarding home entertainment experience. Even Air Video works with Airplay for formats that are not normally supported by the Apple TV.
My most recent favorite 3rd party Airplay app is Vevo. Music videos streamed to your TV over Airplay on demand. Just search for the one you want and even set up playlists. That is very cool.

Rodimus Prime
Apr 8, 04:32 PM
It's infuriating watching cable news about this. CNN and MSNBC report on it, get a Dem and a Rep to spew all their BS and never call them out or delve into the facts.
The fact is, the Republicans want a shutdown otherwise they would never have crafted a budget that repeals Obamacare, guts the EPA and Clean Water Act and defunds PP. THey know they'll get away with it in the end because they handle the media and public message way better than the inept Democrats.
As for PP, give me a ****ing break.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/ezra-klein/StandingArt/plannedparenthood.jpg?uuid=QJyyvGIBEeCV6ZMHpLzxXw
depends. This shut down I blame 70% on GOP an 30% on the dems.
Reason Dem hold 30% is they screwed up by not getting a budget passed in 2010 when they controlled everything.
And to think in 3-4 months we will see yet a new budget fight happen for 2012 budget.
The fact is, the Republicans want a shutdown otherwise they would never have crafted a budget that repeals Obamacare, guts the EPA and Clean Water Act and defunds PP. THey know they'll get away with it in the end because they handle the media and public message way better than the inept Democrats.
As for PP, give me a ****ing break.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/WashingtonPost/Content/Blogs/ezra-klein/StandingArt/plannedparenthood.jpg?uuid=QJyyvGIBEeCV6ZMHpLzxXw
depends. This shut down I blame 70% on GOP an 30% on the dems.
Reason Dem hold 30% is they screwed up by not getting a budget passed in 2010 when they controlled everything.
And to think in 3-4 months we will see yet a new budget fight happen for 2012 budget.

BenRoethig
Oct 9, 03:54 PM
I don't think they have anything to fear for quite a while. iTunes movies downloads are the digital equivalent to UMD. It's cool for Apple to be able to sell a movie for your iPod, but I don't see the practical use yet. You can't watch it on your T.V. (without spending $300 on Apple's upcoming iTV), you can't burn it to DVD, watching it full screen on a Mac or PC is not going to be as crisp as on a T.V., and the extra features aren't there. Quite frankly really who wants to hold an iPod for 2-3 hours to watch a movie anyway? Apple is going to have to offer something more useful for this to really catch on.
KingYaba
Mar 17, 05:16 PM
is streaming copyrighted files felony worthy?
Nein.
It's bad enough that some of these civil suits claim ridiculous damages where one instance of copyright violation is supposedly thousands of dollars.
Nein.
It's bad enough that some of these civil suits claim ridiculous damages where one instance of copyright violation is supposedly thousands of dollars.
more...
wacky4alanis
Jan 4, 10:21 AM
I wonder why the 2 plans have to be mutually exclusive. Why not download the whole database when you get it, for when you might not get coverage. And then automatically update when you do have coverage. When going somewhere, give priority updating to the current route and then download everything else. Maybe allow current route to be updated with EDGE/3G while whole database updates require Wi-Fi. Just my 2�
Tom Tom is moving towards this... the latest version allows users to submit map update info, and then allows other users to download that info. I'm not sure what it includes because I haven't played with it, but I have noticed it downloading the updates for me every couple of weeks (over 3G, not wifi). It asks when you start up if you want to download the updates.
Tom Tom is moving towards this... the latest version allows users to submit map update info, and then allows other users to download that info. I'm not sure what it includes because I haven't played with it, but I have noticed it downloading the updates for me every couple of weeks (over 3G, not wifi). It asks when you start up if you want to download the updates.
JackAxe
Mar 29, 11:03 PM
This is dumb, but blowing on the mic makes the menu items spin faster. I never bought a DSi, so I'm not sure they did anything like that?
+++
Bleh... My SD Card corrupted... OK, never mind. I had to power down my 3DS, then eject the SD card and re-insert it and now it works again.
+++
Bleh... My SD Card corrupted... OK, never mind. I had to power down my 3DS, then eject the SD card and re-insert it and now it works again.
more...

VicMacs
Apr 21, 12:58 PM
I just got mine! Going to a bar now to show it off...

Al Coholic
Apr 12, 06:28 PM
The MS products have more functionality for sure ... question is if really everyone needs everything from that functionality. For most home users and even some business users iWorks does everything they need and is therefore a cheaper option that does the trick. Many business customers (and few home users) need stuff that iWork does not offer, but MS Office does.
Bottom line: depends on your use case -> bold statements like Product A is better then B are rarely true since it usually depends on many things.
Thanks for stating the obvious but why would one NOT chose something that is 100% doc and docx compatible with all the Windows counterparts?
If you need to compose a grocery list or a flier for your next garage sale then iWurk is for you I guess but for the rest of us that actually need to collaborate with other people in the real world, no thanks.
Bottom line: depends on your use case -> bold statements like Product A is better then B are rarely true since it usually depends on many things.
Thanks for stating the obvious but why would one NOT chose something that is 100% doc and docx compatible with all the Windows counterparts?
If you need to compose a grocery list or a flier for your next garage sale then iWurk is for you I guess but for the rest of us that actually need to collaborate with other people in the real world, no thanks.
more...
whooleytoo
Jun 11, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by markjs
I do audio and video editing on my PC, I can't think of anything a Mac can do my computer can't (and I'll wager I'll do anything cheaper, and being poor that's a serious consideration to me), and what is the big draw to the Mac. I realize this isn't the best forum for a two sided debate, but I am thowing it out there anyway.

My all time favourite quote is
more...

in your garden of success.

motivational quotes about
more...

Motivational Quotes

motivational quotes about success. motivational-quote; motivational-quote. michaelrjohnson. Jul 27, 10:13 AM. wasn#39;t this announced last friday?
more...

Courage Quotes |

motivational quotes success
more...

inspirational quotes for

random motivational quotes

inspiring quotes for success.
I do audio and video editing on my PC, I can't think of anything a Mac can do my computer can't (and I'll wager I'll do anything cheaper, and being poor that's a serious consideration to me), and what is the big draw to the Mac. I realize this isn't the best forum for a two sided debate, but I am thowing it out there anyway.
neiltc13
Apr 1, 06:34 AM
I when to France once before. I remember the cheapest gas had an octane rating of 95 or so, the next level up was 98 octane. I'm assuming that regular in the UK is around 95 octane as well? That tops what get. Our gas starts at 87 octane and tops out at 93 octane for so called premium (about $0.40 per gallon more than regular where I'm at).
Anyhow, judging by how our gas is priced, it's about 2x what we pay here in the States. You win some (having better cars), you lose some (higher priced gas).
Yes 95 octane is the lowest and there are also brands like Shell V-Power and BP Ultimate that offer up to 102 octane.
I always go with the 95 octane version and my car gets about 41mpg (US) using this fuel.
Anyhow, judging by how our gas is priced, it's about 2x what we pay here in the States. You win some (having better cars), you lose some (higher priced gas).
Yes 95 octane is the lowest and there are also brands like Shell V-Power and BP Ultimate that offer up to 102 octane.
I always go with the 95 octane version and my car gets about 41mpg (US) using this fuel.
more...
mjstew33
Sep 22, 07:51 PM
I think the only way they can make them better than they are now is adding HUGE hard drives. Like 300GB standard and like 2.3GHz proccesors.
But I don't think that'll ever happen ;)
But I don't think that'll ever happen ;)

Link2999
Jun 12, 04:40 PM
I'd rather have T-Mobile than Verizon just because of costs. T-Mobile actually has decent plans compared to other cellular companies.
more...
backdraft
Mar 24, 10:39 AM
Apple has to at least match the toughbook for harsher climates and conditions:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/Toughbook/toughbook-products.asp
The military and the Army has had a "dialogue" with Apple for years... pretty much every project involving a piece of field equipment has gone to another manufacturer because of durability concerns.
http://www.panasonic.com/business/Toughbook/toughbook-products.asp
The military and the Army has had a "dialogue" with Apple for years... pretty much every project involving a piece of field equipment has gone to another manufacturer because of durability concerns.
HexMonkey
May 28, 04:59 PM
I don't have much time right now (I'm kind of in class at the moment) but I think I figured out how to edit categories, just edit the category page like any normal page, I'm going to test it out with a new category later when I have more time to figure out how to delete my test category after creating it (yes I'm very new to wiki editing).
Only sysops can delete pages. If you want to create a test category I can delete it when you're done with it.
Only sysops can delete pages. If you want to create a test category I can delete it when you're done with it.
more...
minesgeek
Apr 2, 04:43 PM
I like Pages. I haven't had any problems with it. I haven't used all of the features though. I mostly use it for printing envelopes which works great. It will only get better and I'm sure Apple will add more features like spread sheets and maybe a GUI front-end for SQL.just for the record, i have had a pretty good experience making a couple of flyers and whatnot. yeah, it would be better with some additional features but i think that it is aimed at the less advanced in the publishing world. and on that note, i think it has done pretty well especially with a wide range of templates. i swear those things are a godsend for the non-creative such as myself.
especially when being used on a nice 17" or larger screen, i think that all of the options would be great if they were laid out so they can be viewed at the same time (like on photoshop). this would probably take away a lot of the frustration. It is not like it is devoid of useful features for me, the less advanced.
i have run across a few little bugs but that is to be expected of even a *cough, cough, ahem, ahem* 1.0.1 version application
especially when being used on a nice 17" or larger screen, i think that all of the options would be great if they were laid out so they can be viewed at the same time (like on photoshop). this would probably take away a lot of the frustration. It is not like it is devoid of useful features for me, the less advanced.
i have run across a few little bugs but that is to be expected of even a *cough, cough, ahem, ahem* 1.0.1 version application

WildCowboy
Oct 16, 04:45 PM
Why would apple start production on the new iPod in December? When would the release be then?
It would be released at MWSF, just after the new year. Makes perfect sense...although a lot of people were hoping it would come sooner.
It would be released at MWSF, just after the new year. Makes perfect sense...although a lot of people were hoping it would come sooner.
more...

firestarter
Apr 5, 05:53 PM
No, it doesn't. The line-in port does not supply power for a microphone.
Which line in port? Are you talking about the (now removed) line-in on the 30 pin connector (not on iPhone 4) or are you talking about the second ring on the TRRS headphone/mic connector?
Which line in port? Are you talking about the (now removed) line-in on the 30 pin connector (not on iPhone 4) or are you talking about the second ring on the TRRS headphone/mic connector?
Waybo
Mar 14, 10:23 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5082/5258900474_266e7d179b_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/69707513@N00/5258900474/)
I agree with fcortese: I really like the picture, but would love it if there was more space to the right, where the horse is looking. Could you crop the left and top a bit? I think that would make it more powerful. IMHO, Rule of Thirds would turn this good shot into a great shot.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5515712207_7aa9475c8f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5515712207/)
I'm still trying to decide if I love it or hate it! It's beautiful, yet ugly ... all at once. I definitely see all 4 elements -- another nice contrast. I think it would have done well in the surreal contest we just had.
I agree with fcortese: I really like the picture, but would love it if there was more space to the right, where the horse is looking. Could you crop the left and top a bit? I think that would make it more powerful. IMHO, Rule of Thirds would turn this good shot into a great shot.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5515712207_7aa9475c8f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5515712207/)
I'm still trying to decide if I love it or hate it! It's beautiful, yet ugly ... all at once. I definitely see all 4 elements -- another nice contrast. I think it would have done well in the surreal contest we just had.
bearbo
Oct 10, 03:19 PM
do you think these updated macbooks will have a true video card and not an intergrated one? :confused:
I'd assume still an integrated one? no evident, just a feeling... i just don't see apple to upgrade macbook that much yet.. i mean, it was updated a lot from ibook so..
I'd assume still an integrated one? no evident, just a feeling... i just don't see apple to upgrade macbook that much yet.. i mean, it was updated a lot from ibook so..
5hhhhh
Apr 29, 12:59 PM
Mac OS X 10.5.8.
firefox 3.6.17
just happened, that i could save to pdf, or better "create pdf files" two days ago.. with just this configuration (no updates since...)
and since yesterday i cannot open the firefox-creeated pdfs anymore...
firefox 3.6.17
just happened, that i could save to pdf, or better "create pdf files" two days ago.. with just this configuration (no updates since...)
and since yesterday i cannot open the firefox-creeated pdfs anymore...
iamvexed
Apr 24, 09:09 AM
I had this same issue, and decided that I didn't need to have the computers the same, since it was only certain files I'd really need the same. So I got dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com/) which has worked famously.
Had I needed more synced, I'd have gone with Chronosync (http://www.econtechnologies.com/pages/cs/chrono_overview.html), which has been reviewed pretty decently.
I hope that helps!
Had I needed more synced, I'd have gone with Chronosync (http://www.econtechnologies.com/pages/cs/chrono_overview.html), which has been reviewed pretty decently.
I hope that helps!
Apollo21
Nov 22, 08:39 PM
The problem isn't wasteful spending of money. The problem is that Earth does not have enough water to support 7 billion human mouths.
LMAO, is this a joke?? Has to be the dumbest thing I've read this month by a supposed adult.
LMAO, is this a joke?? Has to be the dumbest thing I've read this month by a supposed adult.
OllyW
Feb 19, 06:48 AM
Might be just me but...where`s Ballmer?
I give up. :rolleyes:
I give up. :rolleyes:
gwangung
Sep 25, 11:02 PM
So? Some words like "Podcast" are adopted from popular culture. I still talk about Walkmans, not "Portable Audio Cassette Decks". Imagine how annoying that would be to say every time?
I can understand why they want to protect the iPod name. That is their name, and that is their product. However, they really should leave "Podcast" alone. Having a "Podcast" is like the ultimate insult to everyone like Creative, Microsoft, etc. The name "Podcast" exists not because people want to leech off of the iPod's popularity, but because of the iPods popularity, and how endeared it is by our culture. These "Podcasts" were created to be downloaded onto iPods so that people can listen. In our society, iPod comes to mind first. Nobody was thinking of creating these audiocasts with the Creative Zen or MS Zune in mind. If they end up on a Zune, that's fine, but the thought was to get their content on iPods, which is really quite a compliment to Apple when you think about it.
Apple should really reconsider their actions.
Hm?
This really doesn't make sense.
The word "Podcast" is derived from iPod, of course, but the CONCEPT of podcast is not inherently ipod-related. Because of that, it inherently dilutes the iPod trademark. You could just as easily call it an MP3-cast, and not have people be confused that it's coming from Apple (and the fact that Apple has been continually trying to trademark iPodcast itself for quite some time is another interesting bit of info).
The very fact that you're trying to have it cover Zune, Creative, etc. when it's derived from a specific product shows that Apple HAS to protect its trademark, particularly when another company is trying to profit from that name.
I can understand why they want to protect the iPod name. That is their name, and that is their product. However, they really should leave "Podcast" alone. Having a "Podcast" is like the ultimate insult to everyone like Creative, Microsoft, etc. The name "Podcast" exists not because people want to leech off of the iPod's popularity, but because of the iPods popularity, and how endeared it is by our culture. These "Podcasts" were created to be downloaded onto iPods so that people can listen. In our society, iPod comes to mind first. Nobody was thinking of creating these audiocasts with the Creative Zen or MS Zune in mind. If they end up on a Zune, that's fine, but the thought was to get their content on iPods, which is really quite a compliment to Apple when you think about it.
Apple should really reconsider their actions.
Hm?
This really doesn't make sense.
The word "Podcast" is derived from iPod, of course, but the CONCEPT of podcast is not inherently ipod-related. Because of that, it inherently dilutes the iPod trademark. You could just as easily call it an MP3-cast, and not have people be confused that it's coming from Apple (and the fact that Apple has been continually trying to trademark iPodcast itself for quite some time is another interesting bit of info).
The very fact that you're trying to have it cover Zune, Creative, etc. when it's derived from a specific product shows that Apple HAS to protect its trademark, particularly when another company is trying to profit from that name.