chicago60607
09-10 10:53 PM
The above post quoting the Siskind's blog concurs with what I was told.
Hey Yall,
I just called the House Judiciary Committee to inquire about the webcast link not working and the reason sited was that "thats due to the hearing postponed until tomorrow".
So, no more hearing for the day and it resumes tomorrow. I did forget to ask for what time it starts, may be someone else can check on it.
Hey Yall,
I just called the House Judiciary Committee to inquire about the webcast link not working and the reason sited was that "thats due to the hearing postponed until tomorrow".
So, no more hearing for the day and it resumes tomorrow. I did forget to ask for what time it starts, may be someone else can check on it.
wallpaper They protect brand names,
smalgin
04-21 11:20 AM
I cannot attend, but only because I am far away geographically. (LA Area)
Please tell Mr. Gutierrez that I support Title 5 of STRIVE Act.
Please tell Mr. Gutierrez that I support Title 5 of STRIVE Act.
anilsal
12-27 10:33 AM
When I went to renew my IL drivers license, two questions:
a) are u a citizen?
b) Do you vote?
Thats it. A yawn from the lady. License renewed till 2011.
I think the "Blue" states are much easier when it comes to dmv.
When you have time and you are an Indian:
http://tinyurl.com/yd4ds9
a) are u a citizen?
b) Do you vote?
Thats it. A yawn from the lady. License renewed till 2011.
I think the "Blue" states are much easier when it comes to dmv.
When you have time and you are an Indian:
http://tinyurl.com/yd4ds9
2011 Company Name: Roxana Leon
reachinus
07-16 06:56 PM
Numbers USA already working to block the SKIL Bill. Please see my reply to them for the problems that they are sending to Senator.
Hi There,
If you don't know how the H1B Visa works first educate your self and then give the facts to the senators. I am not sure where you get this info.
(1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.
So u say that people on H1 should not have wife and children????
(2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.
You people eat on the taxes that we pay and leave once our 6 years are compelte. Can you show where and how the H1B's are tax exempt.
(3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.
H1B's cannot take any job as they like first they have to get the H1 processed by that company that is willing to employ them. If you don't know how H1B works then educate your self by going thru the requirements for the H1B.
(4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.
What do you mean by that???
Hi There,
If you don't know how the H1B Visa works first educate your self and then give the facts to the senators. I am not sure where you get this info.
(1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.
So u say that people on H1 should not have wife and children????
(2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.
You people eat on the taxes that we pay and leave once our 6 years are compelte. Can you show where and how the H1B's are tax exempt.
(3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.
H1B's cannot take any job as they like first they have to get the H1 processed by that company that is willing to employ them. If you don't know how H1B works then educate your self by going thru the requirements for the H1B.
(4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.
What do you mean by that???
more...
signifer123
02-15 06:20 AM
I'm sure i could but then again i have no life :P
DDD
02-18 12:14 AM
every package except LW has a free trial.
more...
abd
09-23 03:24 PM
We had CEO of HR sign it. Here is general format.
1. BACKGROUND of Company
2. description and requirement for the position
3. AC21 compatibility explaination - 180 days etc, Job description comparision with PERM
4. Conclusion and offer for employment with salary details.
I must say in my case the salary i had in original perm was way(40%) more than i am getting on my current job due to location change and economy etc. But it seems salary didn't matter.
1. BACKGROUND of Company
2. description and requirement for the position
3. AC21 compatibility explaination - 180 days etc, Job description comparision with PERM
4. Conclusion and offer for employment with salary details.
I must say in my case the salary i had in original perm was way(40%) more than i am getting on my current job due to location change and economy etc. But it seems salary didn't matter.
2010 without the company name.
caydee
04-23 12:55 PM
Great to hear that the event was a success. I was one of the volunteers who had the oppurtunity to call CA members and I just have one suggestion. Please update your profiles with your latest email and phone numbers. Of the 25 people I called, atleast 5 or 6 had incorrect phone numbers. One even went to a fax number. The intent for IV is to reach you quickly in such case but looks like the intent for such members is 'do-not-disturb'.
I had the same problem with phone numbers. About 8 numbers turned out to be incorrect. Update your profile, please. And if you do not want to be contacted by phone, please leave the phone # box in the profile blank.
I had the same problem with phone numbers. About 8 numbers turned out to be incorrect. Update your profile, please. And if you do not want to be contacted by phone, please leave the phone # box in the profile blank.
more...
greyhair
09-09 02:36 PM
With republican House there is zero chance of anything happening on any kind of immigration bill. Nothing other than border security will be taken up. It will be best to kiss good bye to GC dreams if republicans win the House.
hair Name Label Suppliers
Project_A
07-19 07:37 PM
I submitted latest I-94 copy only; I do not have copies of all of my previous I-94's. Is it OK as long as we submitted copies of prior visa approvals?.
Thanks
Project_A
Thanks
Project_A
more...
mchundi
07-24 10:32 AM
To the core group/Senior Members,
If I understand it right, the ability to concurrently file I40/I485 was introduced by the legacy INS through a memo in July of 2002 and it went effective almost immediately on July 31st 2002. I've tried to search for news archives on different law websites and to best of my knowledge it was purely an executive decision taken by INS governing body and no congressional or judicial intervention was needed to allow concurrent filing. In a very similar fashion, the new USCIS has indicated that it wants to discontinue concurrent filing in near future...an executive decision again.
Is it a possibility to get an audience with the USCIS director/start a letter campaign with the goal of getting them issue a memo allowing filing of I485/EAD even if the visa number is not available? The adjucation of the case would obviously happen only after visa number becomes available but as we all know this will be a big relief for all those who want to use AC21 provisions.
Passage of CIR/SKIL is very important in the longer run to reduce the overall greencard processing time and alleviate heavy backlogs but if we get this small relief right now it would help a lot of individuals from retrogressed countries waiting to file I485...and the good thing is, it looks like USCIS might have the ability to effect this change without a lengthy legislative process.
Any thoughts ??
In the recently released ombudsman's report there was a concern that USCIS is giving EAD's for all AOS applications without checking the case and later rejects 20% of the cases.
It might be tough to push them to take a decesion like this.
On the other hand the hospital and doctor's lobby is going to push for some more relief for the nurses VISA numbers if the CIR doesnot materialize this year, If that happens we can try and lobby to attach some of our issues to that.
--MC
If I understand it right, the ability to concurrently file I40/I485 was introduced by the legacy INS through a memo in July of 2002 and it went effective almost immediately on July 31st 2002. I've tried to search for news archives on different law websites and to best of my knowledge it was purely an executive decision taken by INS governing body and no congressional or judicial intervention was needed to allow concurrent filing. In a very similar fashion, the new USCIS has indicated that it wants to discontinue concurrent filing in near future...an executive decision again.
Is it a possibility to get an audience with the USCIS director/start a letter campaign with the goal of getting them issue a memo allowing filing of I485/EAD even if the visa number is not available? The adjucation of the case would obviously happen only after visa number becomes available but as we all know this will be a big relief for all those who want to use AC21 provisions.
Passage of CIR/SKIL is very important in the longer run to reduce the overall greencard processing time and alleviate heavy backlogs but if we get this small relief right now it would help a lot of individuals from retrogressed countries waiting to file I485...and the good thing is, it looks like USCIS might have the ability to effect this change without a lengthy legislative process.
Any thoughts ??
In the recently released ombudsman's report there was a concern that USCIS is giving EAD's for all AOS applications without checking the case and later rejects 20% of the cases.
It might be tough to push them to take a decesion like this.
On the other hand the hospital and doctor's lobby is going to push for some more relief for the nurses VISA numbers if the CIR doesnot materialize this year, If that happens we can try and lobby to attach some of our issues to that.
--MC
hot posting a graphic design I
grinch
02-17 01:39 PM
for free applications, I like gmax.
more...
house Your company logo should
ItIsNotFunny
10-15 02:28 PM
I have a doubt about what can be accomplished by the flower campaign. I am totally for it if it would help but just think - it is not in USCIS hands to assign more visas to EB3 or EB2. The number of visas is limited and the number of people waiting for the visas is huge. That is the whole cause of retrogression . If there were as many visas as the people everything would be current.
This is a simple matter of demand and supply . The thing that can help is visa recapture but that again USCIS can't do and only the Congress . What we need to do is point our efforts in the right direction .
Think how the supply is controlled?
Just as a hypothetical example, if USCIS makes a spill over policy that ROW can not lead any other country by more than 3 years.
If we try we can achieve something, atleast we can see some avenues. If we sit silent - Nope, then we are loosers not fighters.
This is a simple matter of demand and supply . The thing that can help is visa recapture but that again USCIS can't do and only the Congress . What we need to do is point our efforts in the right direction .
Think how the supply is controlled?
Just as a hypothetical example, if USCIS makes a spill over policy that ROW can not lead any other country by more than 3 years.
If we try we can achieve something, atleast we can see some avenues. If we sit silent - Nope, then we are loosers not fighters.
tattoo a graphic design firm or a
pappu
07-23 09:08 PM
Employment Letter is Required. I would even go to the extent of emphasising to put original letter instead of a photocopy. Do not take chances. The application can be rejected/RFE can be issued in the absece of initial evidence. Read the new memo and educate yourself rather then blindly believing members or lawyers. Ignorance of law is not an excuse if you were to challenge a denial notice. When all information is available, make yourself educated. and BTW get a good lawyer to file your application so that each and every small detail can be taken care of.
more...
pictures Web Design,Graphic Design
humdesi
02-21 10:06 PM
Lord almighty people are getting really carried away. :) This cutoff setting guy hadn't even made up his mind as of Feb 13. Also read my entire post, he won't set the date till he sees the estimate from USCIS.
Btw, my PD is Jan 03 and my LUD is still back in November 07 (when my attorney changed).
Most likely he'll see how much the demand really is and decide a cutoff at early 2002 or maybe even 2001. Remember EB-2 india vanished even after cutoff being at Jan 2000.
Btw, my PD is Jan 03 and my LUD is still back in November 07 (when my attorney changed).
Most likely he'll see how much the demand really is and decide a cutoff at early 2002 or maybe even 2001. Remember EB-2 india vanished even after cutoff being at Jan 2000.
dresses Logo Design gt;gt; Business name
EB2IndianGC
09-23 01:48 PM
We got approval email for myself + spouse and daughter today. I had waited for this since 2002. :)
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
On September 23, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.
If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Congratulations on your GC approval. Do you know how long it generally takes after responding to a RFE to see change in your status?
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
On September 23, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.
If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Congratulations on your GC approval. Do you know how long it generally takes after responding to a RFE to see change in your status?
more...
makeup Company name should reflect
nixstor
07-05 02:33 PM
I found the forum by chance and didn't realize there was more to this website until a while after I signed up. On second thought look at my sign up date, I think I'll just let you old timers battle this one out.
I am neither taking shots at you nor pointing fingers at you. Its not about old timers or new comers. I hope it will not take for ever for you to be convinced that your favorite website needs contributions from every one
I am neither taking shots at you nor pointing fingers at you. Its not about old timers or new comers. I hope it will not take for ever for you to be convinced that your favorite website needs contributions from every one
girlfriend on a company name or a
sonaliak
09-19 10:05 AM
Legal Immigrants Voice is a good suggestions, place card was very heavy in future try to make place less heavy :)
It is first time around 1000 people gathered for their rights, it was awesome view, and you are demanding your rights in front of number one democratic institution in the world. For movement I can feel what participants might have felt when Martin Luther King gave "I�ve dream" speech on the same ground long time back.
It is not only mathematics of the number or support, It felt good for me, my wife and others, with the help of Immigration Voice, I was a part of movement which is democratic, legal, peaceful and required.
It is first time around 1000 people gathered for their rights, it was awesome view, and you are demanding your rights in front of number one democratic institution in the world. For movement I can feel what participants might have felt when Martin Luther King gave "I�ve dream" speech on the same ground long time back.
It is not only mathematics of the number or support, It felt good for me, my wife and others, with the help of Immigration Voice, I was a part of movement which is democratic, legal, peaceful and required.
hairstyles Company Name:
sent
07-24 04:52 AM
My Lawyer says there is no need of such letter to be included and filed my papers and confident about getting that approved. I'm much worried and don't know what to do If gets rejected.
Sent an email to my lawyer again and waiting for his reply.
Any clue How to handle this?
Sent an email to my lawyer again and waiting for his reply.
Any clue How to handle this?
BharatPremi
03-12 12:02 PM
I am worried about this financial reports. I am not sure many consulting companies will give those to employee who is leaving
Yes, I believe, most companies (new employers - mid level) would not even ask and if requested and you can not provide then generally they may not make a big deal but underlying result for asking is to check if financial strength is "Good" and I-140 is approved then no problem hiring an EAD holder.
Yes, I believe, most companies (new employers - mid level) would not even ask and if requested and you can not provide then generally they may not make a big deal but underlying result for asking is to check if financial strength is "Good" and I-140 is approved then no problem hiring an EAD holder.
needhelp!
09-26 11:04 AM
This should be made an URGENT action item!! I hope everyone on IV mails the editors about this glaring error. How COULD they get it wrong?? Did they not visit the IV website before writing this article? Did they not read the press release?? This looks intentional to me.
Here is the article, and the link to email the editor is at the bottom of the article:
http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/25/smbusiness/h1b_cap.fsb/index.htm?postversion=2007092606
Here is the article, and the link to email the editor is at the bottom of the article:
http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/25/smbusiness/h1b_cap.fsb/index.htm?postversion=2007092606