StarSun
02-03 09:22 AM
To get a head start on the advocacy effort, we need members to register, contribute, plan the travel, and spread the word as soon as possible.
wallpaper Movie Cars Fast Five Top
nandakumar
11-21 02:30 AM
I also got a letter with same information.
Today I got the second letter from USCIS regarding this request. The letter says they accepted the request and put in the pending que.
Also the letter says, "your request is deemed to constitute an agreement to pay any fees that may be chargeable up to $25.00" and continues and finally it says "most requests do not require any fees and if fees in excess of $25.00 are required, we will notify you beforehand"
Jusy wondering any one got this reply..
Today I got the second letter from USCIS regarding this request. The letter says they accepted the request and put in the pending que.
Also the letter says, "your request is deemed to constitute an agreement to pay any fees that may be chargeable up to $25.00" and continues and finally it says "most requests do not require any fees and if fees in excess of $25.00 are required, we will notify you beforehand"
Jusy wondering any one got this reply..
vandanaverdia
09-10 03:16 PM
You have to think twice before you travel out of the country. You cannot travel out of the country freely because you are stuck at some or the other stage of the green card process.
2011 Fast Furious Five Cars : Fast
mariner5555
03-12 01:38 AM
Please see the following thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=229630#post229630
Way to go Singhsa3 ..I for one strongly believe that this has the best chance. I guess in simple terms the world functions in the Give and Take theory. the chances of success are more when both the parties have something to gain. at the very least we (immigrants and IV) would get more support (at the minimum donations, ads etc) from builders realtors dealers etc (if they become aware of this) ..even the latest campaign for admin fix would have had more chance of success if the above had been included. let me know if you want me to help in any way ...
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=229630#post229630
Way to go Singhsa3 ..I for one strongly believe that this has the best chance. I guess in simple terms the world functions in the Give and Take theory. the chances of success are more when both the parties have something to gain. at the very least we (immigrants and IV) would get more support (at the minimum donations, ads etc) from builders realtors dealers etc (if they become aware of this) ..even the latest campaign for admin fix would have had more chance of success if the above had been included. let me know if you want me to help in any way ...
more...
GCVivek
03-21 02:33 PM
There is no requirement for any company to sponsor green cards for any employee. A job is granted to you based on requirement of the company. Once that requirement no longer exists, the company can (and should) lay off the employee. This applies to H1 extensions and filing of GC.
GC filing is completely based on the company needing your service. Unless you totally excel and become indispensible to the company, they do not need to keep you. This is unlike a secure Govt. job in most 3rd world countries.
The conclusion is that this list would include ALL COMPANIES IN THE WORLD (and some Govts jobs). However, the list is not of rogue companies but simply companies that are run well.
There is nothing wrong in what I have posted to invite defamation suit.We should be filing defamation suit against them for not filing green cards as promised.Whatever my friend said I posted here.
GC filing is completely based on the company needing your service. Unless you totally excel and become indispensible to the company, they do not need to keep you. This is unlike a secure Govt. job in most 3rd world countries.
The conclusion is that this list would include ALL COMPANIES IN THE WORLD (and some Govts jobs). However, the list is not of rogue companies but simply companies that are run well.
There is nothing wrong in what I have posted to invite defamation suit.We should be filing defamation suit against them for not filing green cards as promised.Whatever my friend said I posted here.
Dhundhun
07-12 08:02 PM
I feel this move is to benefit EB-2 China, Since the EB1 and EB2 overflow are evenly distributed across china and india, ...
As I understand overflow is not supposed to be evenly distributed. It is supposed to be distributed based on PD. So overflow make PD of all the countries taking benefit of overflow same.
As I understand overflow is not supposed to be evenly distributed. It is supposed to be distributed based on PD. So overflow make PD of all the countries taking benefit of overflow same.
more...
ramus
07-01 07:04 PM
Pappu,
You don't need to be so polite with this member.. He/she just joined IV. Haven't done anything for IV.. Don't know what IV is doing any now start talking about IV core doing partying..
No we are not partying. Welcome to IV. Please update your profile with full information. Thanks.
You don't need to be so polite with this member.. He/she just joined IV. Haven't done anything for IV.. Don't know what IV is doing any now start talking about IV core doing partying..
No we are not partying. Welcome to IV. Please update your profile with full information. Thanks.
2010 Fast and Furious Orange Supra
xyzgc
01-18 12:53 PM
I agree that with apinto and gooblywoobly that risk assessment should be done by everybody. risk calculation can be best be approximate. But most people paint the best case and leave it there in order to enjoy material comforts.
prioritydate and ajay, I didn't give you reds.
When the adversity strikes, people write long stories without a moral at the end. The moral of the story is don't sign up for heavy loans and mortgages, when you are a temp . That's not your venture (risk) capital that you can just burn up like startups did in the silicon valley and ruined it.
Yes, immigration sucks but this is not a moral of the present story. If you make a film like that,where you are skating on thin ice, folks will laugh at you. Make a better film which says you can't buy a house or invest here, even if you can afford it and you cannot accept job promotions or change jobs due to restrictive immigration policies.
And yes, if you leave your cars and your houses behind and run off to home country with your tails between your asses, you deserve to be extradited and put behind bars. You know why. My companies has high paying financial institutions as its customers. They have slashed their IT budgets due to folks like you (loan defaulters) and now I find myself going several rounds of layoffs, despite no fault of mine. Its making me loose my sleep.:mad:
prioritydate and ajay, I didn't give you reds.
When the adversity strikes, people write long stories without a moral at the end. The moral of the story is don't sign up for heavy loans and mortgages, when you are a temp . That's not your venture (risk) capital that you can just burn up like startups did in the silicon valley and ruined it.
Yes, immigration sucks but this is not a moral of the present story. If you make a film like that,where you are skating on thin ice, folks will laugh at you. Make a better film which says you can't buy a house or invest here, even if you can afford it and you cannot accept job promotions or change jobs due to restrictive immigration policies.
And yes, if you leave your cars and your houses behind and run off to home country with your tails between your asses, you deserve to be extradited and put behind bars. You know why. My companies has high paying financial institutions as its customers. They have slashed their IT budgets due to folks like you (loan defaulters) and now I find myself going several rounds of layoffs, despite no fault of mine. Its making me loose my sleep.:mad:
more...
Michael chertoff
03-19 12:55 PM
Question on AOS processing based on PD/RD - Currently, EB2 INDIA is Dec 03. Assuming May 08 VB goes to Jan 03 (EB2 INDIA) , will the EB2 INDIA AOS applications with Feb - Dec 03 PDs still get processed??
Any chance of EB2 India moving forward to April 05 by October 2008??
Why not july 2006??
Any chance of EB2 India moving forward to April 05 by October 2008??
Why not july 2006??
hair Fast 5 of 5 Stars! Supra
xela
03-19 10:33 AM
I assume there are more people like me out there that originally filed in 2003 or 2002 for ROW EB3 and then there came Perm
Since nobody had touched my 2003 file (backlog), my lawyer advised me that PERM would be a good way to go, it also would give me a chance to file with a new job descroption that fit my by now different position.
Bad thing was that she did not advise me to recapture my 2003 date but rather kept both applications in the running saying that we could cancel the 2003 when they finally got to it, which was June 2007 and at that point I could file in July for 485 with the Perm. Now my 2003 case was a regular one so we would have had to redo the hiring we did already for the perm.
I have this feeling there were many older backlogged cases that people ended up cancelling last year since their PERM ones are further along and they did not want to go through any more hiring processes or lawyers payments. Or because they gave up?
Since nobody had touched my 2003 file (backlog), my lawyer advised me that PERM would be a good way to go, it also would give me a chance to file with a new job descroption that fit my by now different position.
Bad thing was that she did not advise me to recapture my 2003 date but rather kept both applications in the running saying that we could cancel the 2003 when they finally got to it, which was June 2007 and at that point I could file in July for 485 with the Perm. Now my 2003 case was a regular one so we would have had to redo the hiring we did already for the perm.
I have this feeling there were many older backlogged cases that people ended up cancelling last year since their PERM ones are further along and they did not want to go through any more hiring processes or lawyers payments. Or because they gave up?
more...
prioritydate
12-20 04:08 PM
:D;)
I dont think you need to worry.. for you knwo what I am saying ...:D
May be I need to give a reason. I didn't worked for the whole year because there were no jobs. I just stayed at home depressed.
Not working and there by not getting salary signifies out of status? I am not sure about that. I didn't traveled outside of the country couple of times after that.
I dont think you need to worry.. for you knwo what I am saying ...:D
May be I need to give a reason. I didn't worked for the whole year because there were no jobs. I just stayed at home depressed.
Not working and there by not getting salary signifies out of status? I am not sure about that. I didn't traveled outside of the country couple of times after that.
hot Supra Muska Skylow 1.5
WeldonSprings
10-17 11:58 AM
USCIS NSC and TSC is cutting the line in approval of I-140 aplications and is not following First In First Out policy.
This affects not only the I-140 applications, but pending I-485 (EB-2) applications too.
USCIS NSC and TSC is approving I-140 applications for EB-1 and EB-2 ROW cases filed six months ago, and letting them go ahead and grab the coveted visa number.
However, they are not approving EB-2 India and China I-140 applications, because of non-availability of visa numbers.
This is causing an issue with the horizontal spill-over effect as described in the Immigration and Nationality Act.
EB-2 India and China waiting patiently since 2004 should have gotten those visa numbers via spill-over effect, not used by Rest of World, if USCIS had not approved their I-140 application, since they joined the line after the EB-2 India and China folks. This is blatant misjudgment and misorganization.
Please refer to immigration-law.com for full message, but here is the part of it:
The I-140 petitions have been experiencing a significant dely and witnessed a irregular pattern in processing times between the stand-alone I-140 filing cases and the I-140/I-485 concurrently filed cases. Here are some questions and answered which are revealed in the USCIS National Stakeholder Meeting on September 30, 2008:
Question: In TSC and NSC, there is dramatic delay for last July/August concurrently filed I-140. At the same time, TSC quickly approved many non-concurrently filed I-140 with application mailing dates later than last August and even in 2008. So far, the average waiting time for concurrent filers > 300 days and for non-concurrent is around 80 days, according to some voluntary tracking data. Is that delay caused by the Plus Pilot program installed in TSC in Feb 2008, under which the entire I-140 and I-485 package is reviewed by one officer? If so, does that mean I-140s won't be processed and approved until the petitioner's Priority Date becomes Current? A delay of processing, and then denial, in I-140 adjudication could cause serious could cause serious problems for I-485 portability.
Response: Visa availability has been the primary focus at the Texas Service Center and the Nebraska Service Center for concurrent filings and stand alone I-485s. In recent weeks, we have identified I-140 petitions that have been held up because of visas are not available. These filings are placed in the workflow by I-140 processing date within the range of those that were processed after having been filed independent of an adjustment application. The instance of delayed I-140 adjudication should decrease significantly. Petitions that are outside of the posted processing dates can be raised to our attention through the 1 800 customer service number. Officers in the Call Centers will issue a service request if a call about the status of an application is received one day beyond the processing time listed on the website.
This affects not only the I-140 applications, but pending I-485 (EB-2) applications too.
USCIS NSC and TSC is approving I-140 applications for EB-1 and EB-2 ROW cases filed six months ago, and letting them go ahead and grab the coveted visa number.
However, they are not approving EB-2 India and China I-140 applications, because of non-availability of visa numbers.
This is causing an issue with the horizontal spill-over effect as described in the Immigration and Nationality Act.
EB-2 India and China waiting patiently since 2004 should have gotten those visa numbers via spill-over effect, not used by Rest of World, if USCIS had not approved their I-140 application, since they joined the line after the EB-2 India and China folks. This is blatant misjudgment and misorganization.
Please refer to immigration-law.com for full message, but here is the part of it:
The I-140 petitions have been experiencing a significant dely and witnessed a irregular pattern in processing times between the stand-alone I-140 filing cases and the I-140/I-485 concurrently filed cases. Here are some questions and answered which are revealed in the USCIS National Stakeholder Meeting on September 30, 2008:
Question: In TSC and NSC, there is dramatic delay for last July/August concurrently filed I-140. At the same time, TSC quickly approved many non-concurrently filed I-140 with application mailing dates later than last August and even in 2008. So far, the average waiting time for concurrent filers > 300 days and for non-concurrent is around 80 days, according to some voluntary tracking data. Is that delay caused by the Plus Pilot program installed in TSC in Feb 2008, under which the entire I-140 and I-485 package is reviewed by one officer? If so, does that mean I-140s won't be processed and approved until the petitioner's Priority Date becomes Current? A delay of processing, and then denial, in I-140 adjudication could cause serious could cause serious problems for I-485 portability.
Response: Visa availability has been the primary focus at the Texas Service Center and the Nebraska Service Center for concurrent filings and stand alone I-485s. In recent weeks, we have identified I-140 petitions that have been held up because of visas are not available. These filings are placed in the workflow by I-140 processing date within the range of those that were processed after having been filed independent of an adjustment application. The instance of delayed I-140 adjudication should decrease significantly. Petitions that are outside of the posted processing dates can be raised to our attention through the 1 800 customer service number. Officers in the Call Centers will issue a service request if a call about the status of an application is received one day beyond the processing time listed on the website.
more...
house fast five fast and furious 5.
h1techSlave
03-19 10:44 AM
Even if I take your figures at face value, I see a shortage of 60000 visas. This is because we need to consider that each LC will use more than one EB visa (due to family members). If I take a conservative figure that there will be one dependent for each LC candidate, we will need 200,000 EB visas for the 100,000 LCs.
85,000 PERM cases certified in 2007. 2007 is a typical heavy filing year still...
One year 140,000 EB based visas available. If some how some of the back logs are eliminated, the future looks good as 140K for a year and less than 100K labor certifications per year. If the USCIS process with maximum visa/year, it is possible.
http://www.usavisanow.com/perm07.pdf
see a chart
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pezNTiCXNupwoSrZGE4kqcg&gid=1
85,000 PERM cases certified in 2007. 2007 is a typical heavy filing year still...
One year 140,000 EB based visas available. If some how some of the back logs are eliminated, the future looks good as 140K for a year and less than 100K labor certifications per year. If the USCIS process with maximum visa/year, it is possible.
http://www.usavisanow.com/perm07.pdf
see a chart
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pezNTiCXNupwoSrZGE4kqcg&gid=1
tattoo Supra, Charger, Scania (Fast
makemygc
07-05 10:02 AM
Strange to find that any thread which asks for contribution is pushed down the toilet within seconds whereas people are just too fond of discussing all idiotic things like..July 2 filers, July 3 filers, Will USCIS return our appllications, so on and so forth.
more...
pictures 2011 New Arrivals Mens Supra
actaccord
02-17 10:06 AM
for the update, StarRun.
We should have done it early (by 2 weeks before and continue the same for every 2weeks) so that people who need to get air ticket & Accommodation can get it @ better pricing. Also we will start getting contribution from silent member which can help to understand the level of participation bit early so that we plan for the event perfectly (or close to perfection).
IV sent newsletters last year on advocacy efforts to its members. We are doing it this year as well. We are trying to reach out to our members to attend the event.
We should have done it early (by 2 weeks before and continue the same for every 2weeks) so that people who need to get air ticket & Accommodation can get it @ better pricing. Also we will start getting contribution from silent member which can help to understand the level of participation bit early so that we plan for the event perfectly (or close to perfection).
IV sent newsletters last year on advocacy efforts to its members. We are doing it this year as well. We are trying to reach out to our members to attend the event.
dresses 5 of 5 Stars! Supra Pilot
paritp
07-18 12:34 PM
i call the service center no and then ext 1,2,2,6,2,2,1
first i spoke to level 1 cs n then was directed to level2
the lady there was very nice and i asked her what to do as i filed I 485 on july 2 and didnt know wat to do going forward.......
so she asked for my last name first name and DOB and said that there was no entry in my name..........so basically she didnt know the whereabouts of my application.......
she advices me to wait for a week n check again as i was not in the system. she also told me that this does not mesan that i am rejected or anything like that.
so i will wait for a few days n call back on monday
pari
first i spoke to level 1 cs n then was directed to level2
the lady there was very nice and i asked her what to do as i filed I 485 on july 2 and didnt know wat to do going forward.......
so she asked for my last name first name and DOB and said that there was no entry in my name..........so basically she didnt know the whereabouts of my application.......
she advices me to wait for a week n check again as i was not in the system. she also told me that this does not mesan that i am rejected or anything like that.
so i will wait for a few days n call back on monday
pari
more...
makeup Grand Sport in Fast Five
rimagupta
07-05 03:26 AM
Not sure if our assumption of "only 100k already applied" is correct. In 2005, there were approximately 250,000 EB green cards granted - the numbers are close to 147,000 for both 2006 and 2007. I'm not exactly sure, but there were at least 200,000 more EB approvals from 2002-2004.
There were 200,000 EB1 cases approximately from 2001-7 (In 2005, EB1 approvals were close to 40k out of a total of 250k GCs). If only 100k LCs/PERMs from 2001-7 were able to apply for 485 then it means 400k (250+147+147+200 - 200-150) applications that were adjudicated from 2002-2007 were from 2000 or prior to 2000 cases. Could this be true?
In addition, many 2001+applications are still stuck at namecheck.
Besides, all EB2 ROW cases filed under PERM were able to file for 485. These alone may contribute to at least 70k PERMS.
Source:
http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm
others: various law firm sites, including
www.ilw.com
http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9abe5d703b986cff86256e310080943a/41399c23bb40f2ff8525730c007f830a?OpenDocument
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Estimated new 485 filings. : 700K is conservative. May be wrong too.
LC s certified from BEC: about 200K (from 2001 to 2005 filings)
PERM Certifed labor: About 200K (from Mar 2005 to June 2007)
Total LC: 400K. Let us assume 100K already appliled. Lets say 300K is affected by retrogression.
The dependents for 300k will be 450K (1.5 times primary)
So total AOS applicants will be 750K just based on LC. Excluding EB1.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
There were 200,000 EB1 cases approximately from 2001-7 (In 2005, EB1 approvals were close to 40k out of a total of 250k GCs). If only 100k LCs/PERMs from 2001-7 were able to apply for 485 then it means 400k (250+147+147+200 - 200-150) applications that were adjudicated from 2002-2007 were from 2000 or prior to 2000 cases. Could this be true?
In addition, many 2001+applications are still stuck at namecheck.
Besides, all EB2 ROW cases filed under PERM were able to file for 485. These alone may contribute to at least 70k PERMS.
Source:
http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm
others: various law firm sites, including
www.ilw.com
http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9abe5d703b986cff86256e310080943a/41399c23bb40f2ff8525730c007f830a?OpenDocument
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Estimated new 485 filings. : 700K is conservative. May be wrong too.
LC s certified from BEC: about 200K (from 2001 to 2005 filings)
PERM Certifed labor: About 200K (from Mar 2005 to June 2007)
Total LC: 400K. Let us assume 100K already appliled. Lets say 300K is affected by retrogression.
The dependents for 300k will be 450K (1.5 times primary)
So total AOS applicants will be 750K just based on LC. Excluding EB1.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
girlfriend 2011 New Arrivals Mens Supra
nomi
12-12 04:15 PM
USCIS is not a legislative body, they cannot pass a law. The Congress does. In order to change any existing laws Congress has to pass it and USCIS just implements it. So I do not think meeting USCIS will help. BTW what is DOS ?
DOS is Department of State who controls all visa numbers.
DOS is Department of State who controls all visa numbers.
hairstyles 5 of 5 Stars! 2011 Supra Shoes
Rajeev
02-04 10:50 AM
We will all meet at the Bridgewater temple Cafeteria tomorrow, that is, 02/03/2007 at 11.00 PM. I will get the flyers with me. We will be doing a black and white text on colored paper as that costs 9 cents/page compared to colored text on colored paper that costs 89 cents/page. Please be there on time.
Address for the temple is:
780 old Farm Road,
Bridgewater,
NJ 08807
Thanks,
Varsha
How did it go?
Address for the temple is:
780 old Farm Road,
Bridgewater,
NJ 08807
Thanks,
Varsha
How did it go?
Green4Ev1
05-26 05:05 PM
I wonder what are the required documents for America born citizens if they don't have passports. Just a driver license? or they have to carry birth certificates always?
drirshad
06-20 06:23 PM
Is there any official Period of Stay form or its just a summary statement from us about entry exit from start till now.