Macaca
01-30 07:11 PM
Unpaid bench means you are "Out of Status". Not illegal.
I have never heard USCIS penalizing unpaid bench. If it a problem and such a common case, why don't we ever hear about penalty against unpaid bench?
Is it possible to take unpaid leave every year?
In teaching you have an option of not teaching in summer. This means you do not get 2-3 pay checks; happens every year because most faculty don't teach in summer. Faculty is not even aware that absence of pay checks can be a problem.
I have never heard USCIS penalizing unpaid bench. If it a problem and such a common case, why don't we ever hear about penalty against unpaid bench?
Is it possible to take unpaid leave every year?
In teaching you have an option of not teaching in summer. This means you do not get 2-3 pay checks; happens every year because most faculty don't teach in summer. Faculty is not even aware that absence of pay checks can be a problem.
wallpaper 3D Dinosaur Wallpapers for
Ramba
02-21 01:21 PM
It is very difficult to predict how the cutoff date movement from april to september. All depends on how many EB3-ROW applications are ready for approval by March 8th, due to 2 years movement. After july fiasco, there are tons of fresh 485s got filed (may be 300K to 600K). There will be considerable EB3-ROW applicants to consume all the visas remaining in this year. As USCIS processing 485s based only on recived date (not by EB catagory not by PD wise and not by and countrywise), it is very diffcult to conclude that all the EB3-ROW 485s with PD before 2005 currently pending with USCIS, will be ready by March 8th to consume all the visas. If EB3-ROW consumption by march-8 is less than what DOS projecting, there may be a further movement. Depending upon DOS staergy, the remaining movement may be in EB3-ROW or EB2-In,CH. EB1-IN,EB2-IN, & EB3-In might have alrady consumed its quota. The only available numbers for Indians are spill over. So, depending upon DOS policy there will be a movement in EB3-ROW or EB2 In-CH. Other animal that affet this situation is, new policy of USCIS for very old name check cases (about 50,000). If the EB3-ROW has more name check victims, then movement for India will not be possible. So, its is very difficult to predict.
saimrathi
08-15 04:02 PM
This is already on another thread..!!!
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12391
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12391
2011 Dinosaurs in water
angelfire76
02-13 06:17 PM
This is ridiculous; no one asked you to come to this country.
Nor are you entitled to anything besides what they chose to bestow.
Remember that.
Can I then go ask your employer as to why he/she is paying you more than what they might think you deserve to get ? :rolleyes:
After all nobody is forcing you to work with the company right?
Nor are you entitled to anything besides what they chose to bestow.
Remember that.
Can I then go ask your employer as to why he/she is paying you more than what they might think you deserve to get ? :rolleyes:
After all nobody is forcing you to work with the company right?
more...
ewana
08-22 10:38 PM
Hi, I hope somebody helps in my dilemma.
I am currently on an L1A visa. I heard that my main office (where I am now working) is closing the foreign office where I come from. Based on L1 requirements and facts, it states that once the subsidiary closes, my L1 becomes invalid. Given this, the company is willing to sponsor my green card as soon as possible. It will probably still take a year before the subsidiary officially closes. What are my options? If they have to close the company while my green card is being process, would it be cancelled ?
Thanks.
I am currently on an L1A visa. I heard that my main office (where I am now working) is closing the foreign office where I come from. Based on L1 requirements and facts, it states that once the subsidiary closes, my L1 becomes invalid. Given this, the company is willing to sponsor my green card as soon as possible. It will probably still take a year before the subsidiary officially closes. What are my options? If they have to close the company while my green card is being process, would it be cancelled ?
Thanks.
pappu
12-28 10:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Permanent_Resident_Card#Other_Immigr ation_Sites
good effort.
Today I got a mail from a H1B person with German nationality and suffering due to green card issues. He is planning to go back to Germany. He found us through wikipedia.
Great work, keep it up. I hope more people contribute to this effort. Only a handful have participated and few have just suggested a link in their post instead of posting themselves on the sites.
It takes only 15 minutes to help!
If you dont know where to post, just google- 'desi forums' indian forums' 'immigration forums' 'desi classifieds' 'chineese forums' etc kind of keywords and you wll find plenty to get started.
All these efforts are small behind the scenes efforts for IV publicity and are very important for our visibility, awareness, membership drive and search engine rankings. You maybe an annonymous soldier in this effort but your effort will be useful. I hope more people help out with this idea.
good effort.
Today I got a mail from a H1B person with German nationality and suffering due to green card issues. He is planning to go back to Germany. He found us through wikipedia.
Great work, keep it up. I hope more people contribute to this effort. Only a handful have participated and few have just suggested a link in their post instead of posting themselves on the sites.
It takes only 15 minutes to help!
If you dont know where to post, just google- 'desi forums' indian forums' 'immigration forums' 'desi classifieds' 'chineese forums' etc kind of keywords and you wll find plenty to get started.
All these efforts are small behind the scenes efforts for IV publicity and are very important for our visibility, awareness, membership drive and search engine rankings. You maybe an annonymous soldier in this effort but your effort will be useful. I hope more people help out with this idea.
more...
vicks_don
01-26 08:28 AM
I think lot of things happened..1).our provisions are included in the CIR Bill Last year 2) Our provisions are in the skill bill 3) Atleast I guess 100 politicians know about our problems now
ALL OF THIS IS BECAUSE OF IV
Its only the last step that was not successful because of illegal immigration..
Hopefully we can get that done this year..
dear friend,
we would all like something to happen. but not everything is in our hands. nor do these things happen easily or quickly. the issues involved are now deeply emotional and political. much of what goes on is in the background and not for public consumption. there is a certain expectancy over immigration reform this year, we cannot afford to waste the sliver of opportunity that may present.
let me put two things to you simply:
1. if you keep waiting for "good news" to make your contribution, and if enough people think like you, well maybe it will never come. you see, the whole thing about iv is that we are trying to make our own destiny. without effort there will be no fruits. many people are making significant efforts, may be you have missed that on your visits to the forum. without the help of many more though, we are sunk.
2. your contribution is intended to create "good news", it is not some reward you hand out after success begins. i realize that you are feeling low and frustrated. please join this effort in earnest- the best way to feel positive is to know you are making your utmost effort. not just money, bring in members and join a state chapter, meet lawmakers and help with campaigns on the forum. If everyone did these things, we would be unstoppable.
please think about it. you have been waiting for months to see results from others hard work. maybe it's time to jump right in.
thanks for reading...
ALL OF THIS IS BECAUSE OF IV
Its only the last step that was not successful because of illegal immigration..
Hopefully we can get that done this year..
dear friend,
we would all like something to happen. but not everything is in our hands. nor do these things happen easily or quickly. the issues involved are now deeply emotional and political. much of what goes on is in the background and not for public consumption. there is a certain expectancy over immigration reform this year, we cannot afford to waste the sliver of opportunity that may present.
let me put two things to you simply:
1. if you keep waiting for "good news" to make your contribution, and if enough people think like you, well maybe it will never come. you see, the whole thing about iv is that we are trying to make our own destiny. without effort there will be no fruits. many people are making significant efforts, may be you have missed that on your visits to the forum. without the help of many more though, we are sunk.
2. your contribution is intended to create "good news", it is not some reward you hand out after success begins. i realize that you are feeling low and frustrated. please join this effort in earnest- the best way to feel positive is to know you are making your utmost effort. not just money, bring in members and join a state chapter, meet lawmakers and help with campaigns on the forum. If everyone did these things, we would be unstoppable.
please think about it. you have been waiting for months to see results from others hard work. maybe it's time to jump right in.
thanks for reading...
2010 dinosaur wallpaper, dinosaur
Jaime
09-11 02:48 PM
Come on guys! Make up your minds and attend the rally! You still have time! We'll help you! LET'S GO!!! Let's make history!!!
more...
delax
07-13 09:49 AM
go figure..u jacko.. this forum is not give publicty to lawyers.
pls close this thread
Appreciate your comment - :) A healthy debate is beyond your reach and the ability to appreciate another view point seems to be completely missing. The last time I checked a forum is precisely for that - I am not defending or promoting anybody - Please - lets stick to Gandhian principles when we deal with each other not just with USCIS :)
pls close this thread
Appreciate your comment - :) A healthy debate is beyond your reach and the ability to appreciate another view point seems to be completely missing. The last time I checked a forum is precisely for that - I am not defending or promoting anybody - Please - lets stick to Gandhian principles when we deal with each other not just with USCIS :)
hair Dino Wallpaper Print by prawny
va_labor2002
07-24 08:47 AM
To the core group/Senior Members,
If I understand it right, the ability to concurrently file I40/I485 was introduced by the legacy INS through a memo in July of 2002 and it went effective almost immediately on July 31st 2002. I've tried to search for news archives on different law websites and to best of my knowledge it was purely an executive decision taken by INS governing body and no congressional or judicial intervention was needed to allow concurrent filing. In a very similar fashion, the new USCIS has indicated that it wants to discontinue concurrent filing in near future...an executive decision again.
Is it a possibility to get an audience with the USCIS director/start a letter campaign with the goal of getting them issue a memo allowing filing of I485/EAD even if the visa number is not available? The adjucation of the case would obviously happen only after visa number becomes available but as we all know this will be a big relief for all those who want to use AC21 provisions.
Passage of CIR/SKIL is very important in the longer run to reduce the overall greencard processing time and alleviate heavy backlogs but if we get this small relief right now it would help a lot of individuals from retrogressed countries waiting to file I485...and the good thing is, it looks like USCIS might have the ability to effect this change without a lengthy legislative process.
Any thoughts ??
I totally agree with you. USCIS can take a decision without any BILL from the congress. I already sent a letter to USCIS director. I think IV should contact USCIS director and ask help regarding retrogression. We ,5000 members, can send letters to USCIS director and WHitehouse. They will listen to us.
Good luck..
If I understand it right, the ability to concurrently file I40/I485 was introduced by the legacy INS through a memo in July of 2002 and it went effective almost immediately on July 31st 2002. I've tried to search for news archives on different law websites and to best of my knowledge it was purely an executive decision taken by INS governing body and no congressional or judicial intervention was needed to allow concurrent filing. In a very similar fashion, the new USCIS has indicated that it wants to discontinue concurrent filing in near future...an executive decision again.
Is it a possibility to get an audience with the USCIS director/start a letter campaign with the goal of getting them issue a memo allowing filing of I485/EAD even if the visa number is not available? The adjucation of the case would obviously happen only after visa number becomes available but as we all know this will be a big relief for all those who want to use AC21 provisions.
Passage of CIR/SKIL is very important in the longer run to reduce the overall greencard processing time and alleviate heavy backlogs but if we get this small relief right now it would help a lot of individuals from retrogressed countries waiting to file I485...and the good thing is, it looks like USCIS might have the ability to effect this change without a lengthy legislative process.
Any thoughts ??
I totally agree with you. USCIS can take a decision without any BILL from the congress. I already sent a letter to USCIS director. I think IV should contact USCIS director and ask help regarding retrogression. We ,5000 members, can send letters to USCIS director and WHitehouse. They will listen to us.
Good luck..
more...
aps
08-09 12:20 AM
:rolleyes:I mailed my I-485 application on July30 and it is delivered on next day.
My lawyer send me the I-485 froms before the july 30, 07 y revision and i used those forms for filing. But, FAQ3 released by uscis today states that we have to use the form version dated �7/30/07 Y�. . WHAT IS THIS? Do i have to resend the application again? More over i do not see difference between these two forms.
I have copied the question from faq3. It is the first question.
Q33: When filing an EB I-485 using the old fee, what version of the I-485 form do we use?
A33: The current I-485 form version dated �7/30/07 Y� should be used.
Please explain if you have any idea about this.
My lawyer send me the I-485 froms before the july 30, 07 y revision and i used those forms for filing. But, FAQ3 released by uscis today states that we have to use the form version dated �7/30/07 Y�. . WHAT IS THIS? Do i have to resend the application again? More over i do not see difference between these two forms.
I have copied the question from faq3. It is the first question.
Q33: When filing an EB I-485 using the old fee, what version of the I-485 form do we use?
A33: The current I-485 form version dated �7/30/07 Y� should be used.
Please explain if you have any idea about this.
hot dinosaur wallpaper. model:
coopheal
10-16 03:10 PM
Thanks
You can get much more data regarding PD of various categories at .
http://www..com/usa-immigration-trackers/i485-tracker1/
If you are filtering on the basis of application status = pending you will get much more uptodate applications than the static one as per this poll.
Interesting thing (not in a good way) to note is most EB3 India (even whose priority dates are as back as 2003-2002) have filed in June/July.
You can get much more data regarding PD of various categories at .
http://www..com/usa-immigration-trackers/i485-tracker1/
If you are filtering on the basis of application status = pending you will get much more uptodate applications than the static one as per this poll.
Interesting thing (not in a good way) to note is most EB3 India (even whose priority dates are as back as 2003-2002) have filed in June/July.
more...
house Dinosaur Wallpapers
GCard_Dream
12-12 05:48 PM
nomi,
I am very surprised that there is not as much interest in this thread as I had expected but you are doing great in trying to explore this avenue. I wish I had some of the answers. Keep up the good work.
I am very surprised that there is not as much interest in this thread as I had expected but you are doing great in trying to explore this avenue. I wish I had some of the answers. Keep up the good work.
tattoo Boys Dinosaur Wallpaper Border
ItIsNotFunny
10-15 12:05 PM
Guys,
I think this is a time to start another flower campaign to USCIS. It is ridiculuous to have 7 years of retrogression on EB3 India, same is true to good extend for EB2 India also.
I think this is a time to start another flower campaign to USCIS. It is ridiculuous to have 7 years of retrogression on EB3 India, same is true to good extend for EB2 India also.
more...
pictures Dinosaur Wallpaper Cutouts
amitps
09-26 01:48 PM
People - Damage control has been done....
This is another win for IV ......
This is another win for IV ......
dresses Dinosaur Wallpaper Mural
Pending
04-08 01:24 PM
I did contact Senator/Congress persons, and it it didn't help the FBI does not repond to congresional inquirie concerning name check.
All eyes are focused on the immigration bill at this point, so expect no help.
I am pending name check since 2002.
All eyes are focused on the immigration bill at this point, so expect no help.
I am pending name check since 2002.
more...
makeup hot SiteDinosaur Wallpapers dinosaur wallpapers. 3D Dinosaur Wallpapers -
ajay
07-01 04:59 PM
I completely support this idea.
girlfriend dinosaur Wallpaper,
sc3
10-20 01:06 PM
Hello there,
I cant less concur to what you jsut said, if someone has something to say and critique , they can very well post their response or send a private message.
Anyways the focus is the campaign. Have we decided on what and when we should do this flower campaign?
I request all IV members, to please unite and do something, we all need to be mobile and create more awareness.
Have we all forgotten how much publicity we got in 2007? lets all wait till the election day is over and the right candidate is elected.
Then we should plan a rally.
I am lucky, because I work hard. We all can be lucky as well, all we need to do is, work hard on these rally's. A flower campaign, a rally and maybe someone earlier suggested the EB community should take one day off work and attend that rally. This way, they will understand our Importance
How stupid can someone be to give me a red for my previous post.
Now for this. Why should someone hide behind a red dot (just to say "you suck" and things like that). Most, if not all, red dots are personal attack on the person rather than the post. The very few reds which actually are justifiable are the ones where someone is given the red for his offensive remarks.
I realize that a side discussion on red dots is not germane to this post, but it is the participants in the discussion here who have brought it up. As evidenced by so many posts that keep happening now and then, some feel bad to post when people intimidate them with reds. Of course, some may say that red dots doesn't matter, but to a new member (who has contrarian views), getting red pretty much means some people are not going to take them seriously.
I cant less concur to what you jsut said, if someone has something to say and critique , they can very well post their response or send a private message.
Anyways the focus is the campaign. Have we decided on what and when we should do this flower campaign?
I request all IV members, to please unite and do something, we all need to be mobile and create more awareness.
Have we all forgotten how much publicity we got in 2007? lets all wait till the election day is over and the right candidate is elected.
Then we should plan a rally.
I am lucky, because I work hard. We all can be lucky as well, all we need to do is, work hard on these rally's. A flower campaign, a rally and maybe someone earlier suggested the EB community should take one day off work and attend that rally. This way, they will understand our Importance
How stupid can someone be to give me a red for my previous post.
Now for this. Why should someone hide behind a red dot (just to say "you suck" and things like that). Most, if not all, red dots are personal attack on the person rather than the post. The very few reds which actually are justifiable are the ones where someone is given the red for his offensive remarks.
I realize that a side discussion on red dots is not germane to this post, but it is the participants in the discussion here who have brought it up. As evidenced by so many posts that keep happening now and then, some feel bad to post when people intimidate them with reds. Of course, some may say that red dots doesn't matter, but to a new member (who has contrarian views), getting red pretty much means some people are not going to take them seriously.
hairstyles 3D Dinosaur Wallpapers
ryan
08-21 03:31 PM
You could cry us and USCIS a river. Fact is that you have broken the law, whether knowingly or unknowingly. USCIS will treat you like an illegal alien, which in fact you are.
Jesus! Please, tone it down. She's come to this forum asking for help.
luvschocolates, most folks on this form are employment based immigrants i.e. have their application for green cards sponsored by multinational firms -- for which there's a due process. In your case, I'd say best, hire an immigration attorney ASAP. Most often they are well knowledgeable with ways of the USCIS. Good luck to you, and keep us posted.
Jesus! Please, tone it down. She's come to this forum asking for help.
luvschocolates, most folks on this form are employment based immigrants i.e. have their application for green cards sponsored by multinational firms -- for which there's a due process. In your case, I'd say best, hire an immigration attorney ASAP. Most often they are well knowledgeable with ways of the USCIS. Good luck to you, and keep us posted.
RNGC
02-19 11:35 AM
Guys, this looks good. It is NOT for illegal aliens. Paragraphs (c) and (d) state that the alien must be admissible as an immigrant (i.e. not have broken the law by being an illegal), read paragraph (d) here:
"(d) Security and Law Enforcement Clearances- The alien, if over 15 years of age, shall submit fingerprints in accordance with procedures established by the Secretary of Homeland Security. Such fingerprints shall be submitted to relevant Federal agencies to be checked against existing databases for information relating to criminal, national security, or other law enforcement actions that would render the alien ineligible for adjustment of status under this section. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide a process for challenging the accuracy of matches that result in a finding of ineligibility for adjustment of status."
Read the "or other law enforcement actions that would render the alien ineligible for adjustment of status under this section"....so, anyone who broke the law by entering the country illegally would NOT be eligible.
So, stop sending those letters opposing this bill, and instead let's support it!!
well said Jaime...We should support this bill..
"(d) Security and Law Enforcement Clearances- The alien, if over 15 years of age, shall submit fingerprints in accordance with procedures established by the Secretary of Homeland Security. Such fingerprints shall be submitted to relevant Federal agencies to be checked against existing databases for information relating to criminal, national security, or other law enforcement actions that would render the alien ineligible for adjustment of status under this section. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall provide a process for challenging the accuracy of matches that result in a finding of ineligibility for adjustment of status."
Read the "or other law enforcement actions that would render the alien ineligible for adjustment of status under this section"....so, anyone who broke the law by entering the country illegally would NOT be eligible.
So, stop sending those letters opposing this bill, and instead let's support it!!
well said Jaime...We should support this bill..
uppaji
08-03 12:29 PM
Hi Can we all agree up on a standard content format to Lou Dobbs.
Please send your text, if you have already sent emails.
I just want to make sure that they should realize that there is mass response for the smae topic.
Please send your text, if you have already sent emails.
I just want to make sure that they should realize that there is mass response for the smae topic.