Sylo
Mar 28, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=Baadshah;12273255]wishlist:
iPhone 5: For sale in US 2 weekes after and 4 week after in 24 other countries
Not going to happen, apple have more than one revenue stream and it isn't just the US.
iPhone 5: For sale in US 2 weekes after and 4 week after in 24 other countries
Not going to happen, apple have more than one revenue stream and it isn't just the US.
superscientific
Jul 10, 11:15 PM
anyone there with a laptop or iPhone? How many are in the line?
blow45
Apr 14, 09:49 PM
I had to rate this front page story as "negative"
just on-a-count-a I'm not used to seeing human faces when I visit the mr site
Make it go down the page, Please!
No human faces?:confused: wtf?
will that do then?
http://www.star.le.ac.uk/edu/Root_folder/et.jpg
Then there are those that are playing a game of "Who am I?" by posting to this inside The Loop via a private, self paid, wireless, VPN.
I am sure there are but I don't really see what you mean, other than that.
just on-a-count-a I'm not used to seeing human faces when I visit the mr site
Make it go down the page, Please!
No human faces?:confused: wtf?
will that do then?
http://www.star.le.ac.uk/edu/Root_folder/et.jpg
Then there are those that are playing a game of "Who am I?" by posting to this inside The Loop via a private, self paid, wireless, VPN.
I am sure there are but I don't really see what you mean, other than that.
AppleMc
Mar 11, 11:42 AM
Line is about 46 now at Stonebriar. Posting pics on twitter @dpedini
Cookies are still calling my name must resist.
Stop by say Hello
DP
If I come take cookie orders is someone going to save me a spot? :p;)
Cookies are still calling my name must resist.
Stop by say Hello
DP
If I come take cookie orders is someone going to save me a spot? :p;)
more...
clayj
Sep 18, 01:30 AM
Isn't that from Get Fuzzy?
/mmm, google. :DYes, but you only get 5 points because you cheated. ;)
/mmm, google. :DYes, but you only get 5 points because you cheated. ;)
Vandam500
Jan 6, 06:25 PM
Does anybody get sounds when receiving notifications?
more...
Rod Rod
Sep 17, 01:38 PM
I used to work as a cashier in the ladies shoes section of Marshall Fields (department store) at Oak Brook Mall (which also has an Apple store).
A cute young lady from the cosmetics department had been admiring me from afar. I had no clue about it. Then one or two salespeople in my department asked me if I was available (these salespeople were older married ladies so I guess it was "safe" for them to ask) and then they let me know that a pretty girl from the cosmetics department had a crush on me.
Anyway, I think I was either not interested or I was in a long-distance-relationship but nothing happened between me and cosmetics woman.
efoto, the reason I'm bringing this up is to give you an idea for another strategy - if there's a cool / friendly / helpful Apple store employee maybe they could let you know whether your crush is already spoken for.
A cute young lady from the cosmetics department had been admiring me from afar. I had no clue about it. Then one or two salespeople in my department asked me if I was available (these salespeople were older married ladies so I guess it was "safe" for them to ask) and then they let me know that a pretty girl from the cosmetics department had a crush on me.
Anyway, I think I was either not interested or I was in a long-distance-relationship but nothing happened between me and cosmetics woman.
efoto, the reason I'm bringing this up is to give you an idea for another strategy - if there's a cool / friendly / helpful Apple store employee maybe they could let you know whether your crush is already spoken for.
mi5moav
Sep 25, 10:08 AM
So, I'm assuming 1.5 will not be available today but in October?? I wonder if the stolen RED VC has anything to do with macrumors RED announcement & Apple, though they thought it had to do with BONO and not with Oakley RED.
more...
Jeffx342
Sep 13, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't buy a pc again because of the OS
I baught windows XP Pro $200
let me tell ya not even worth a penny
1. Microsoft has rights to access your computer (disclaimer)
2. Internal errors in IE 6 (no line found 140)
3. Windows Xp Uses too much recourses
4. Something always screws up
5. you delete a system file by accident windows wont log you in
6. you have to download Drivers for every little thing
7. Movie maker Sucks on XP
8. Media player isn't really that good
9. I feel like I am handicaped when im using XP, (goofy looking Icons)
10. Setting up a network can be a biatch*
11. not responsive enough
12. Ms Office Xp sucks compared to Mac edition
13. Freezes alot
14. Doesn't look pretty like Os X
Looking forward to getting a Mac...
I baught windows XP Pro $200
let me tell ya not even worth a penny
1. Microsoft has rights to access your computer (disclaimer)
2. Internal errors in IE 6 (no line found 140)
3. Windows Xp Uses too much recourses
4. Something always screws up
5. you delete a system file by accident windows wont log you in
6. you have to download Drivers for every little thing
7. Movie maker Sucks on XP
8. Media player isn't really that good
9. I feel like I am handicaped when im using XP, (goofy looking Icons)
10. Setting up a network can be a biatch*
11. not responsive enough
12. Ms Office Xp sucks compared to Mac edition
13. Freezes alot
14. Doesn't look pretty like Os X
Looking forward to getting a Mac...
Blue Velvet
Sep 13, 08:59 AM
Redheads are a bit more sensitive to anesthesia (not sure why, but apparently it's true), but that isn't an issue unless your anesthesiologist is color-blind. ;)
Timely mention. There was an interesting article about this in yesterday's Guardian.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1567843,00.html
So if you're ginger, you're allowed to be a whinger. :D
Timely mention. There was an interesting article about this in yesterday's Guardian.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1567843,00.html
So if you're ginger, you're allowed to be a whinger. :D
more...
papiti
May 2, 01:44 PM
You mean this was not the right tool?
Image (http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/AkRf/white-iphone-4-thicker-black-0.jpg?20110429-125543)
/Sarcasm
Dude, it is not about the tool, is about that White Phone you see in the picture, You see, that is NOT, and I repeat NOT a white iPhone, that is a fake white Phone. NOW, Do you get it? :cool:
Image (http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/AkRf/white-iphone-4-thicker-black-0.jpg?20110429-125543)
/Sarcasm
Dude, it is not about the tool, is about that White Phone you see in the picture, You see, that is NOT, and I repeat NOT a white iPhone, that is a fake white Phone. NOW, Do you get it? :cool:
PurrBall
Apr 19, 11:20 AM
Anyone else notice that this phone doesn't have a retina display?
more...
ready2switch
Nov 2, 09:26 AM
Just from my observation (I have no hard data or anything), it seems that at least 25% of new mac buyers are switchers. And from conversations I've heard around my office, I think that number will continue to grow. Apple is really turning heads with this transition to Intel. People like to know what they're getting in a machine (even if they don't really understand the components themselves) and Intel is a household name for the windows world. Good stuff. ;)
WildCowboy
Nov 21, 04:06 PM
Interesting concept, but their website (http://www.eneco.com/) scares me away in a hurry. What was that about making a good first impression?
more...
jwong3854
Mar 10, 11:04 PM
We got Apple store, bestbuy, target, At&T store and Walmart within 2 miles of stonebriar
Still undecided on whether to go to the Apple Store or BB...
Either way will probably head over to Stonebriar since I don't think there's a BB near Willow bend....
Still undecided on whether to go to the Apple Store or BB...
Either way will probably head over to Stonebriar since I don't think there's a BB near Willow bend....
netdog
Oct 26, 07:32 AM
How about some reports live from Regent Street?
more...
Burnsey
May 4, 03:19 PM
Technically 60% of the voting public did not want a conservative government. Only 40% voted conservative, another reason why we need a two party system or proportional representation.
AppleInLVX
Apr 19, 03:05 PM
White doesn't do it for me much. Is this how Apple wants to attract more female users? I know that's part of why RIM releases white devices...
Full of Win
Apr 19, 12:25 PM
Who cares about Expose. Give me Multi-Touch Gesturing like I have on iPad 2. 4-5 finger swipe accross apps, 4-5 finger swipe up to show the mult-tasking pane; 4-5 finger pinch-close to get to the home screen........What can beat that??????
AFAIK you can have it today on your iPhone if you buy X-Code for 4.99 and enable the developer preview.
shake-to-anything is a bad idea.
On a phone at least.
Even worse of an idea on an iPad.
AFAIK you can have it today on your iPhone if you buy X-Code for 4.99 and enable the developer preview.
shake-to-anything is a bad idea.
On a phone at least.
Even worse of an idea on an iPad.
Spaceboy88
Apr 5, 09:08 AM
Have fun using those on a 3.5" or 4" screen.
I'm not saying they WILL do that on iPod, but they'd be more likely to do it than a touch-screen home button.
I don't think the gestures would be that bad anyway. I've been using 10.7 Lion for a week now and some of those 4-finger gestures work perfect on the trackpad which is almost the size of an iPod anyway.
I'm not saying they WILL do that on iPod, but they'd be more likely to do it than a touch-screen home button.
I don't think the gestures would be that bad anyway. I've been using 10.7 Lion for a week now and some of those 4-finger gestures work perfect on the trackpad which is almost the size of an iPod anyway.
skunk
Feb 18, 10:56 AM
It does not look like the NE picture was actually of SJ at all.
Queso
Dec 21, 05:51 PM
Interesting to note that a typical Christmas number 1 would sell 200-250,000 copies. So this hype has helped shift another 200,000 copies of the X-factor song. Even when they lose, they win.
I don't remember any other Christmas number 1 candidate being discount sold at 29p a copy (or whatever the equivalent cost was). Yeah, they've made money, but probably less than they made with Hallelujah last year.
I don't remember any other Christmas number 1 candidate being discount sold at 29p a copy (or whatever the equivalent cost was). Yeah, they've made money, but probably less than they made with Hallelujah last year.
Andronicus
Aug 19, 12:06 PM
If you don't like Facebook, why do you have the app installed on your phone?
I do not have the p on my phone, but I have email on my phone. And when someone messages me on fb it sends a notice to my email.
I do not have the p on my phone, but I have email on my phone. And when someone messages me on fb it sends a notice to my email.
jellomizer
Nov 2, 11:30 AM
Apple retail store statistics imply that around 50% of folks purchasing a Mac are new to Mac. ...so new blood appears to be joining the platform.
I would think that a large portion would be new Mac Users. If it was people upgrading you will see a noticeable drop in market share right after apple announced the switch to intel. (With everyone waiting for the intel chips) but any drop from that anouncement didn't seem to effect much. So I would assume that it is from new people. Because now the PC vs. Mac arguments are getting really picky.
Old Arguments.
Intel Chips vs. Power PC chips in speed: Argument resolved Apple is now all Intel.
One Mouse button: Argument resolved with OS X supporting 2 button mice, Mighty Mouse alling right and left mouse clicks, Macbook Pros two finger click to emulate right mouse click.
Price: Mostly resolved. Now with the ability to judge the systems spec to spec it is easier to show that Macs are competive in price with their PC Counterparts.
New Arguments.
Video: Slow /underclocked video cards. And not the greatest resolution for laptop displays.
Keyboard size: The keyboards are slightly smaller then PC keyboards.
Choices: Most apples are not as configurable as PC. You cant have a barebone el Cheapo system. Or something that is slightly better then a MacMini but not quite a iMac.
But these new arguments are much more minor. So it should increase new sales for people waiting for the arguments to be resolved. Also by the fact that boot camp allows windows to run. It allows them to have a comfort catch if they really hate OS X they can always run windows like they did before.
I would think that a large portion would be new Mac Users. If it was people upgrading you will see a noticeable drop in market share right after apple announced the switch to intel. (With everyone waiting for the intel chips) but any drop from that anouncement didn't seem to effect much. So I would assume that it is from new people. Because now the PC vs. Mac arguments are getting really picky.
Old Arguments.
Intel Chips vs. Power PC chips in speed: Argument resolved Apple is now all Intel.
One Mouse button: Argument resolved with OS X supporting 2 button mice, Mighty Mouse alling right and left mouse clicks, Macbook Pros two finger click to emulate right mouse click.
Price: Mostly resolved. Now with the ability to judge the systems spec to spec it is easier to show that Macs are competive in price with their PC Counterparts.
New Arguments.
Video: Slow /underclocked video cards. And not the greatest resolution for laptop displays.
Keyboard size: The keyboards are slightly smaller then PC keyboards.
Choices: Most apples are not as configurable as PC. You cant have a barebone el Cheapo system. Or something that is slightly better then a MacMini but not quite a iMac.
But these new arguments are much more minor. So it should increase new sales for people waiting for the arguments to be resolved. Also by the fact that boot camp allows windows to run. It allows them to have a comfort catch if they really hate OS X they can always run windows like they did before.