pipes
Jan 12, 08:27 PM
Here's info on what the freaky thing does:
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031010141631859
Thats actually really useful :)
Thanks!
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20031010141631859
Thats actually really useful :)
Thanks!
nfocus design
Nov 4, 08:49 PM
My 23" has the pink tint and I have heard a few people say theirs doesn't, but every one I have seen in person (in 3 different stores) has the tint.
Interestingly the new Tiger build has a Colorsync profile that removes the pink tint (clean install).
If your screen is pink, why don't you just calibrate it?
Interestingly the new Tiger build has a Colorsync profile that removes the pink tint (clean install).
If your screen is pink, why don't you just calibrate it?
firewood
Apr 16, 10:20 PM
Normal can be from under 2 day to over 2 weeks. No need to worry until it gets closer to being a month.
simsaladimbamba
Feb 4, 01:06 PM
1) Yes.
2) No, but know, that the TM backup is not an image like CarbonCopyCloner (http://www.bombich.com) or SuperDuper (http://www.shirt-pocket.com/superduper/superduperdescription.html) are capable of doing.
But the OS version on the MBP and the backup should be at least the version the Mac mini comes with, which should be 10.6.6.
Also take a look at rsync or ChronoSync if you want to use both Macs and want to have the data in sync.
2) No, but know, that the TM backup is not an image like CarbonCopyCloner (http://www.bombich.com) or SuperDuper (http://www.shirt-pocket.com/superduper/superduperdescription.html) are capable of doing.
But the OS version on the MBP and the backup should be at least the version the Mac mini comes with, which should be 10.6.6.
Also take a look at rsync or ChronoSync if you want to use both Macs and want to have the data in sync.
more...
racer1441
Feb 12, 07:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
The iPhone 4 was a failure at launch. The antenna is broken. It drops Internet connections and calls if held a certain. The glass claiming to be strong is weak sauce and the only good things on the phone are the cameras and screen.*
Am I the only one who feels this way?
yes you are. Considering how much money Apple has made from the iPhone 4, not even counting ATT and now Verizon, your statement is beyond moronic.
The iPhone 4 was a failure at launch. The antenna is broken. It drops Internet connections and calls if held a certain. The glass claiming to be strong is weak sauce and the only good things on the phone are the cameras and screen.*
Am I the only one who feels this way?
yes you are. Considering how much money Apple has made from the iPhone 4, not even counting ATT and now Verizon, your statement is beyond moronic.
plinden
Mar 29, 01:27 PM
If you have parameters in a URL to curl, the URL needs to be quoted.
curl 'http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-id?Ident=XXX&NbIdent=1&Radius=2&Radius.unit=arcmin&submit=submit+id' > simbadout.txt
curl 'http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-id?Ident=XXX&NbIdent=1&Radius=2&Radius.unit=arcmin&submit=submit+id' > simbadout.txt
more...

Agilus
Apr 3, 04:15 PM
Oh, and I haven't played in a while, but if you're looking for someone to play against, I'd be up for a match sometime.
My username is Severian on Dragon Go Server.
My username is Severian on Dragon Go Server.
Peter.Howard
Nov 13, 09:07 PM
Hold down SHIFT, turn it on,
wait till the "Welcome to Macintosh" screen disapears
then it should loadup without the extensions
wait till the "Welcome to Macintosh" screen disapears
then it should loadup without the extensions
more...
janey
Apr 27, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by totalr0xx0r
walmart sells computers?!
methought walmart only sold computers with lindows, not windows.
walmart sells computers?!
methought walmart only sold computers with lindows, not windows.
mdodd
Dec 18, 09:49 PM
Hey, I am attending Macworld, but am under 18..
Where is this MeetUp going to be?
Can I not go?
Where is this MeetUp going to be?
Can I not go?
more...
Cr0nus
Feb 19, 06:25 PM
Your MBP is definitely a pillow. pillow: anything used to cushion the head. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pillow
FFTT
Sep 20, 07:17 AM
Student union deal ends September 24th bannered
on education store page.
Not awake. Was that there before?
on education store page.
Not awake. Was that there before?
more...
rohn
Oct 26, 10:04 AM
I live in Lake Worth, I should be there before 6
tcb9289
Mar 11, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I think I'm actually going to Target first . . .I've heard that some targets have started handing out vouchers already. It would be great to get a voucher and then just wander around. I think you're probably right about 16gb selling out first. Good Luck! If I'm unsuccessful you may see me at BB too.
more...
Dalton63841
Feb 7, 10:13 PM
Just wonderful...Still not as good as this (http://gizmodo.com/#!5734552/hunter-becomes-hunted-a-fox-shoots-a-man) though...

turtle777
Jan 2, 01:20 AM
Caution: the new Calendar requires iOS 4 on the iPhone.
To make it work with old iPhones running iOS 3.x, see here: http://meandmymac.net/1040/sort-out-broken-mobileme-calendar-sync-for-ios-3-1-3/
-t
To make it work with old iPhones running iOS 3.x, see here: http://meandmymac.net/1040/sort-out-broken-mobileme-calendar-sync-for-ios-3-1-3/
-t
more...
michaelrjohnson
Jul 13, 12:10 AM
actually, if there were some layers (i.e. mixing some of the existing tracks) to get some more depth, it could be quite nice.
bally555
Apr 23, 01:52 PM
This is what you are looking for. I took a screen shot from the page of the Air 2010's service manual.
moonislune
Sep 22, 04:43 PM
Yes but i want it to work so bad :eek: There has to be someway to make it work and my digital camera has an mpeg record function.
Help i paid $300 bucks for this camrea i doont want to have to spend on isight
You might also try the free osx usb webcam driver. There is a list of supported cams hereclick here (http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/)
Hope this helps. Worse comes to worse, you can probably get into a cheap usb cam for about 20-30 $$.
Help i paid $300 bucks for this camrea i doont want to have to spend on isight
You might also try the free osx usb webcam driver. There is a list of supported cams hereclick here (http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/)
Hope this helps. Worse comes to worse, you can probably get into a cheap usb cam for about 20-30 $$.
HexMonkey
Jan 4, 03:10 AM
I've discussed the reasons for adding the cleanup template with 840quadra via PM, so hopefully it's all cleared up. I had originally stated reasons when I made the edit, but I had been in a hurry so must have mistakenly removed them. I apologize for this.
I've made some major changes to the page (and removed the cleanup template), including removing most of the images. I think they added a lot of clutter to the page while providing minimal gain, and also resulted in excessive load times (especially for users on dialup). However, I'm open to discussion about this if people disagree with the change, and if the general consensus is to put the removed images back, I'd be happy for that to happen.
But I don't understand this whole "ugly guide" thing...isn't just sending the PM and not moving the guide at all enough?
The point of the cleanup template isn't to tell the original author that they need to clean it up, but rather that the community in general needs to clean it up, since each article is not "owned" by the original author (so a PM wouldn't be appropriate). Personally I don't agree with them being called "ugly guides", it's usually more an issue of them not being consistent with formatting of other pages (and sometimes also having bad spelling and/or grammar) than them being ugly. For reference, all I originally did was add the cleanup template to the top of the page, and as a side effect it's added to the Ugly Guides category. I didn't "move" the article there.
I've made some major changes to the page (and removed the cleanup template), including removing most of the images. I think they added a lot of clutter to the page while providing minimal gain, and also resulted in excessive load times (especially for users on dialup). However, I'm open to discussion about this if people disagree with the change, and if the general consensus is to put the removed images back, I'd be happy for that to happen.
But I don't understand this whole "ugly guide" thing...isn't just sending the PM and not moving the guide at all enough?
The point of the cleanup template isn't to tell the original author that they need to clean it up, but rather that the community in general needs to clean it up, since each article is not "owned" by the original author (so a PM wouldn't be appropriate). Personally I don't agree with them being called "ugly guides", it's usually more an issue of them not being consistent with formatting of other pages (and sometimes also having bad spelling and/or grammar) than them being ugly. For reference, all I originally did was add the cleanup template to the top of the page, and as a side effect it's added to the Ugly Guides category. I didn't "move" the article there.
Blue Fox
May 18, 01:57 PM
I think a blue or pink one would be great!! Maybe Apple will have a "rainbow" collection of colors? That would be so much fun!!
LOL. Your too late on that one. :D
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=701535
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii292/drakeshipway99/Picture2-3.png
LOL. Your too late on that one. :D
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=701535
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii292/drakeshipway99/Picture2-3.png
RobertPS
Apr 20, 05:17 PM
Basically you are saying that the case is physically warped and that I should apply torque on the MBA case to fix the warp. That sounds a bit risky. I think I will bring this back.
Yes, that's what I'm saying.
It doesn't need a lot of pressure.
The MBA case isn't very rigid.
You can start with very little pressure.
No harm in bringing it back though.
Yes, that's what I'm saying.
It doesn't need a lot of pressure.
The MBA case isn't very rigid.
You can start with very little pressure.
No harm in bringing it back though.
cmckee@therober
Sep 27, 05:14 PM
I have a Blue/white G3 at home and I need to upgrade, but can't afford to get what I would really like (a G5). I have 21" apple monitor, keyboard and mouse. And, I use all the graphics software: Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Does anyone think this the lowest model of the mini macs is a good purchase for a couple of years? I know it will be out of date quicker than some of my other options. But, my monitor is really good, so I think I shouldn't go the emac or imac route. Any suggestions or thoughts out there? I appreciate it.
thesmileman
Apr 30, 09:10 AM
People are here line has truely started.