pmamp
02-27 07:29 PM
I have I-140 filed and waiting for visa numbers to be current my PD is March 05 and Her name is given in I-140.
Since she will exhaust all her H1B years by end of this sept, he needs to be on either h4 or F1.
I have long wait for filing I-485, can she be on F1 in the meantime and then convert on H4 right before I could file for AOS?
Thanks
Since she will exhaust all her H1B years by end of this sept, he needs to be on either h4 or F1.
I have long wait for filing I-485, can she be on F1 in the meantime and then convert on H4 right before I could file for AOS?
Thanks
willIWill
02-03 05:00 PM
That's right.
I think they would have excluded it since the EB2 ROW is current and there is no need to establish a cut-off date.
I think they would have excluded it since the EB2 ROW is current and there is no need to establish a cut-off date.

Berkeleybee
05-31 02:56 PM
berkeleybee,
this is a good idea. Can you send me the text of the email you drafted? I would like to send it out to my sponsoring employer's HR manager and have the word spread. Please post the draft or PM it to me.
thanks.
QT,
I sent the email out in Jan and much has changed since then.
I updated the text of Email Sample Format 2 in our resources section to reflect current developments. You could personalize that and use it instead.
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=36
Thanks for your support,
best,
Berkeleybee
this is a good idea. Can you send me the text of the email you drafted? I would like to send it out to my sponsoring employer's HR manager and have the word spread. Please post the draft or PM it to me.
thanks.
QT,
I sent the email out in Jan and much has changed since then.
I updated the text of Email Sample Format 2 in our resources section to reflect current developments. You could personalize that and use it instead.
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=36
Thanks for your support,
best,
Berkeleybee

gcdreamer05
11-05 03:27 PM
After july fiasco, uscis and dol are very very cautious, in opening up the gates and calling everyone current. (They dont want another 1-2 million applications being sent).
It is defintely not going to happen in the near future.....
So even finding a pattern may not help as its not going to be current for all for EB3 atleast.
It is defintely not going to happen in the near future.....
So even finding a pattern may not help as its not going to be current for all for EB3 atleast.
more...
eb3retro
05-04 09:07 PM
how is that cheating? If I take a appartment on rent with lease on my name, pay my rent, pay my taxes, work for a US based company, pay my bills?
you did all this except being here and working in the place as mentioned in your LC , am i right???:rolleyes:
you did all this except being here and working in the place as mentioned in your LC , am i right???:rolleyes:
bpadala
07-31 07:26 PM
Hi,
Please refer to flcdatacenter.com and download all the PERMDATA in the access dataformat and look for your case number. It should give you certain data needed to do the AC21 paper work.
Please refer to flcdatacenter.com and download all the PERMDATA in the access dataformat and look for your case number. It should give you certain data needed to do the AC21 paper work.
more...
VickIowa
12-28 05:40 AM
Hi all...thanks for taking the time to help me out...URGENTLY need advice based on your knowledge or experience...
I'm scheduled to travel to Mumbai via Amsterdam tomorrow morning. I just noticed that my I-94 card is missing (was stapled to my valid H1-B visa). My H1-B visa is valid until August 2011 and I have the original I-797A Notice of Action.
My questions are: (1) Will I be allowed to board the plane going from US to India? What should I say to the airline officer who asks for my I-94 card? , and
(2) Will I have any issues returning back to US? What precautions should I be taking to guard against this?
PS I did some initial research and do not have the time to I-102 since I'm supposed to catch a flight tomorrow.
Any information in the next 12-24 hours would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all, Vick
Bookmark and Share
I'm scheduled to travel to Mumbai via Amsterdam tomorrow morning. I just noticed that my I-94 card is missing (was stapled to my valid H1-B visa). My H1-B visa is valid until August 2011 and I have the original I-797A Notice of Action.
My questions are: (1) Will I be allowed to board the plane going from US to India? What should I say to the airline officer who asks for my I-94 card? , and
(2) Will I have any issues returning back to US? What precautions should I be taking to guard against this?
PS I did some initial research and do not have the time to I-102 since I'm supposed to catch a flight tomorrow.
Any information in the next 12-24 hours would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all, Vick
Bookmark and Share
Leo07
10-09 06:55 PM
Basically, the VB just says that "Even though you waited for however number of years, gone through all the pains with employers, you are NO closer to getting GC than you were a month ago"
How pathetic is our situation? Every time I think of it as the bottom,there is a new low next month? It's just a never ending tale.
How pathetic is our situation? Every time I think of it as the bottom,there is a new low next month? It's just a never ending tale.
more...

Pineapple
07-12 10:30 AM
There is also a bill for introducing a flat tax. We know where that is going to wind up in the election year.. :D
That is the point: It is an election year, and Mr. Tancredo wants to be president.
Use your common sense, guys...
That is the point: It is an election year, and Mr. Tancredo wants to be president.
Use your common sense, guys...
Sachin_Stock
02-02 07:06 PM
Content removed.
more...
greyhair
09-24 09:34 AM
Colbert started his testimony.
iv_only_hope
02-08 09:07 AM
One thing I would like to know on those lines assume yours is true that cases do not go to officers unless PD current. So how does it work. Lets say today PD is 2003. Tomorrows VB PD becomes 04. So assume 2 cases one with RD apr 07 and one with may 07 both with same PD 04. Would april case go to him? What if during one month period VB rolls back. If hes not done would he keep case back?
more...
pcbadgujar
09-23 11:18 PM
Thanks a lot guys for the response.

arindamb
03-25 08:44 PM
I feel "related" might be the key word that can cause discomfort for a lot of people. How does one determine that ones job is related to his/her degree ? This might finally be left upto the discretion of the USCIS.
One might have studied electrical engineering and then get in a job writing embedded systems software. Will that be a related job ?
One might have an MS in Biological sciences but might be writing software for genetics. Is that a related job ? The list can go on.
How far can one digress from ones degree major to still be considered related.
I presume we might see a lot of confusion regarding STEM if the whole thing is made into a law.
One might have studied electrical engineering and then get in a job writing embedded systems software. Will that be a related job ?
One might have an MS in Biological sciences but might be writing software for genetics. Is that a related job ? The list can go on.
How far can one digress from ones degree major to still be considered related.
I presume we might see a lot of confusion regarding STEM if the whole thing is made into a law.
more...
vallabhu
02-20 10:11 PM
I live in ATL, Count me in.
iv_only_hope
08-15 09:30 AM
Just had a general question. The 797 thats approved for any person, is that for a specific consulate? If we want to go for stamping to another consulate what do we do? Is that a lengthy procedure. Thanks friends.
more...
akred
04-17 12:07 AM
It does not matter when no bill is passed and also we are not even close to it. This is giving just false hope .Hope for best and prepare for worst
True. Best possible window of action may be immediately after a Democratic victory in 08. Probably will take another Clinton to undo what the first Clinton wrought with 245(i).
True. Best possible window of action may be immediately after a Democratic victory in 08. Probably will take another Clinton to undo what the first Clinton wrought with 245(i).
glus
09-28 07:31 AM
Hi Everyone
I got an RFE for my I140 filed in September 2006. They asked me to show my W2 for 2006 and also show that the employer had the ability to pay the offered wage in case my W2 is less than the offered wage.
My W2 has 8k less than the offered wage. My company has not yet filed 2006 Taxes. Can you tell me whats the best thing to do? My employer has good revenue, but I guess he has been showing a net loss every year.
Please help me out. Tell me if any of you have gone through similar issues.
Thanks!
The fact that the company paid you less than the labor stated does NOT matter. Remember that I140 is for a future employment offer. I140 checks if you have the qualifications for the offered job and if the company can pay you the prevailing wage WHEN you get that job; and when your GC is approved. However, you company must show that at the time of filing it was ABLE to pay you the prevailing wage or more. This is easily done by supporting documents such as taxes and other financial statements.
The company does not need to pay you the prevailing wage when you file I140, but it needs to show that it could pay you such a wage if that was needed.
Any qualified immigration attorney will be easily able to overcome this RFE if the company's financial position was strong at the time you filed for labor.
You can show your W2s even with lower salary. But you must also show that the company had the resources to pay you the prevailing wage at the time labor was filed. Your attorney will write up a nice cover letter when sending out the response to your RFE. Even if the company showed net losses, but has reasonable assets that are more than the missing 8k, it can still be shown the company was able to pay you the wage.
I got an RFE for my I140 filed in September 2006. They asked me to show my W2 for 2006 and also show that the employer had the ability to pay the offered wage in case my W2 is less than the offered wage.
My W2 has 8k less than the offered wage. My company has not yet filed 2006 Taxes. Can you tell me whats the best thing to do? My employer has good revenue, but I guess he has been showing a net loss every year.
Please help me out. Tell me if any of you have gone through similar issues.
Thanks!
The fact that the company paid you less than the labor stated does NOT matter. Remember that I140 is for a future employment offer. I140 checks if you have the qualifications for the offered job and if the company can pay you the prevailing wage WHEN you get that job; and when your GC is approved. However, you company must show that at the time of filing it was ABLE to pay you the prevailing wage or more. This is easily done by supporting documents such as taxes and other financial statements.
The company does not need to pay you the prevailing wage when you file I140, but it needs to show that it could pay you such a wage if that was needed.
Any qualified immigration attorney will be easily able to overcome this RFE if the company's financial position was strong at the time you filed for labor.
You can show your W2s even with lower salary. But you must also show that the company had the resources to pay you the prevailing wage at the time labor was filed. Your attorney will write up a nice cover letter when sending out the response to your RFE. Even if the company showed net losses, but has reasonable assets that are more than the missing 8k, it can still be shown the company was able to pay you the wage.
gr8dain
June 14th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but would you be able to use the extension tubes mentioned above with a third party lens like the Sigma Gary mentioned? Obviously the Sigma lens would have to be a Nikon mount since the tubes mentioned above are Nikon, but assuming the mounts were the same would that work?
Dain
Dain
webm
10-23 02:19 PM
A Warm Welcome to US Consulate @ Paigah Palace, Hyderabad...:)
sabbygirl99
07-07 08:22 PM
Anyone??