menziep
Sep 25, 09:52 AM
Semi Live updates here
http://www.tuaw.com/2006/09/25/apples-photokina-event-has-started/
Apature 1.5 is here!
http://www.tuaw.com/2006/09/25/apples-photokina-event-has-started/
Apature 1.5 is here!
stefmesman
Dec 8, 01:29 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nl-nl) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Does anyone know the wallpaper of white iphone in the picture?
Thanks!
Does anyone know the wallpaper of white iphone in the picture?
Thanks!

gkarris
Apr 2, 02:30 PM
Especially the green sorry 'Aqua Blue' version.
I thought it was Teal... ;)
Does anyone know? :eek:
:D
I thought it was Teal... ;)
Does anyone know? :eek:
:D
G5Unit
Apr 4, 07:46 PM
Kinda late but I like pages!
more...
rovex
Apr 5, 11:42 AM
If they could make it work intelligently with the ambient light sensor as well as the overall brightness of the display (as in when the display shows something dark, the light dims as well), I think it would be quite cool.
It would also allow for an indicator light (in a similar fashion to BlackBerrys and some Nokia phones), something that I'd appreciate. I had a BlackBerry for a while and it was nice not having to manually activate the phone on a regular basis to check for messages.
By the way, glow-in-the-dark implies the green glowing stuff, not button illumination. I misunderstood what you were talking about. ;)
Yes, and when receiving emails the button lights up on and off. Would be a much appreciated feature IMO.
Capacitive home button is the way to go; looks better, more functionality.
It would also allow for an indicator light (in a similar fashion to BlackBerrys and some Nokia phones), something that I'd appreciate. I had a BlackBerry for a while and it was nice not having to manually activate the phone on a regular basis to check for messages.
By the way, glow-in-the-dark implies the green glowing stuff, not button illumination. I misunderstood what you were talking about. ;)
Yes, and when receiving emails the button lights up on and off. Would be a much appreciated feature IMO.
Capacitive home button is the way to go; looks better, more functionality.
leomac08
Mar 31, 11:47 AM
$4.69, $4.79 and $4.89 in Beverly Hills, CA when i went there like 2 weeks ago
$5.00 for full service... :O
but in Irvine and the OC average is $4.01 unleaded
In Inglewood cheapest is $3.97 :(
$5.00 for full service... :O
but in Irvine and the OC average is $4.01 unleaded
In Inglewood cheapest is $3.97 :(
more...
Ish
Mar 14, 04:43 PM
Thanks. I found out my D700 & 70-200mm VR ii is indeed weather proof at this match. Not much fun getting such an expensive toy wet for the first time, but nice to know it works.
This was a pretty unusual opportunity. I find you end up taking a lot of similar pictures at these games, so when you have an interesting setting with the mud, and the interesting contrast of the new player, it's a rare and nice opportunity. Happened fast though, his team mates had covered him with hand prints in seconds.
When I saw your muddy rugby photos, my first thought was how could they?? Oh yuck! Glad your camera can stand it though. Do you get scraping noises afterwards when you zoom? :) Loved the comment about him getting covered in handprints! :D
Now that would be something to see - the orange in front of itself. Some sort of 4th-dimensional super orange? ;)
Ah! :o Acute brainfailure time I think. Anyway, have you never heard of getting ahead of yourself?? :)
This was a pretty unusual opportunity. I find you end up taking a lot of similar pictures at these games, so when you have an interesting setting with the mud, and the interesting contrast of the new player, it's a rare and nice opportunity. Happened fast though, his team mates had covered him with hand prints in seconds.
When I saw your muddy rugby photos, my first thought was how could they?? Oh yuck! Glad your camera can stand it though. Do you get scraping noises afterwards when you zoom? :) Loved the comment about him getting covered in handprints! :D
Now that would be something to see - the orange in front of itself. Some sort of 4th-dimensional super orange? ;)
Ah! :o Acute brainfailure time I think. Anyway, have you never heard of getting ahead of yourself?? :)
superleccy
Oct 27, 02:21 AM
Read kainjow's post (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2986197&postcount=15); you get more than just an email address for $99.
It's still a ripoff.
SL
It's still a ripoff.
SL
more...
Jetson
Aug 14, 10:13 PM
I thought Justin Long was great in Jeepers Creepers, along with Gina Phillips (who played his sister) and of course Jonathan Breck (The Creeper).
That is one scary flick. :eek:
That is one scary flick. :eek:
cshen
Apr 29, 12:26 PM
Are your APN entries correct, or your carrier file installed?
Settings > General > About - what is the value for "Carrier"?
Might be worth a reset of your network settings.
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
This will also wipe all stored WiFi entries and their passwords and reboot the phone.
Carrier is Starhub 10.0. The phone was perfectly working before. I've never jailbroke this phone before. I'm still under contract with Starhub.
I've tried to reset the network setting already. Also reset the phone as well. Nothing is working. :(
Settings > General > About - what is the value for "Carrier"?
Might be worth a reset of your network settings.
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
This will also wipe all stored WiFi entries and their passwords and reboot the phone.
Carrier is Starhub 10.0. The phone was perfectly working before. I've never jailbroke this phone before. I'm still under contract with Starhub.
I've tried to reset the network setting already. Also reset the phone as well. Nothing is working. :(
more...

baryon
Apr 5, 12:02 PM
I agree with the iPad being the computer for normal people. Many people I know have no idea how to copy and paste files on a computer, how to install a program, or how to do more complex things that for me seem completely simple. Most people don't even want to bother with putting their files into folders and renaming them. I think that "normal" people (the average person) is not comfortable with all the features of a real computer. It's like putting someone who normally drives a car into an airplane cockpit.
Anyway, the iPad at the moment could not be my only computer, but even I would enjoy having it as a secondary device to carry around to lectures and other places. I won't carry my MacBook Pro with me unless it's absolutely necessary, as it's heavy, requires sitting down and only works for a couple of hours. An iPad on the other hand, can be used while standing, it can be given to someone else easily, anyone can use it instantly. I can't just hand my MBP over to someone like that.
I think the iPad is filling a gap in computing that no one has really thought of before: computing that doesn't take place at a desk, and that is easy and fast, and as Apple says "gets out of the way".
Maybe one day the iPad will be able to do everything a proper computer can (open most file types, allow communication between applications such as drag and drop from one app to the other, etc...) and then it will actually appeal to everyone.
Anyway, the iPad at the moment could not be my only computer, but even I would enjoy having it as a secondary device to carry around to lectures and other places. I won't carry my MacBook Pro with me unless it's absolutely necessary, as it's heavy, requires sitting down and only works for a couple of hours. An iPad on the other hand, can be used while standing, it can be given to someone else easily, anyone can use it instantly. I can't just hand my MBP over to someone like that.
I think the iPad is filling a gap in computing that no one has really thought of before: computing that doesn't take place at a desk, and that is easy and fast, and as Apple says "gets out of the way".
Maybe one day the iPad will be able to do everything a proper computer can (open most file types, allow communication between applications such as drag and drop from one app to the other, etc...) and then it will actually appeal to everyone.

Shasterball
Apr 16, 02:58 PM
So, famous people can do what they want. Nice, Apple.
That or they realized it was time to remove their head from you know where because they are not capable of judging an app's true worth...
That or they realized it was time to remove their head from you know where because they are not capable of judging an app's true worth...
more...
deefnasty
Apr 13, 07:50 AM
Just checked into an Apple Store in Salem, NH - they have high end Verizon iPad 2 and they have had them regularly. Asians have been scooping up the stores other versions each morning in cash sales (or purchasing mall gift cards and Apple gift cards).
They said consumer demand is much greater for AT&T (GSM) iPad 2 than Verizon.
I'll wait for my wifi iPad 2 to arrive in the mail sometime next week.
They said consumer demand is much greater for AT&T (GSM) iPad 2 than Verizon.
I'll wait for my wifi iPad 2 to arrive in the mail sometime next week.
stephenli
Oct 17, 01:37 AM
There is no application for iPhone in the Japanese trademark database.
Apple failed to use the name "Airport" in japan, so they changed to "Airmac" at last. Even if somebody took the name already, its nothing to affect the product release but only to change the name and launch.
Apple failed to use the name "Airport" in japan, so they changed to "Airmac" at last. Even if somebody took the name already, its nothing to affect the product release but only to change the name and launch.
more...
manic
Sep 25, 10:51 AM
this is the sorryiest bit of non-news ive seen in a while.
Chrispy
Jun 5, 04:37 PM
Thanks this is awesome little widget. Thanks for taking time to make it. :)
Hey I just downloaded the widget for Tiger and it just comes up Blink and says Overclockers Australia :confused: Am I doing something wrong? I have the team name entered in correctly in the back.
Hey I just downloaded the widget for Tiger and it just comes up Blink and says Overclockers Australia :confused: Am I doing something wrong? I have the team name entered in correctly in the back.
more...
Stella
Mar 25, 10:29 AM
everyone experimented with limited devices going back to the 1980's but it took other tech like flash memory and wifi to make them a reality. i played with Palm and PocketPC 10 years ago and while they were cool most tasks were useless because you spent as much time putting in data as the time saved. it wasn't until iOS and the apps store where you could do things like select a few recipes and make a shopping list did a PDA become useful
BS.
I was downloading data to my Phone using my cell phone as a modem in cira 1999... I didn't have to "spent as much time putting in data as the time saved". Like other PDAs, I could sync data from my PC<->device.
BS.
I was downloading data to my Phone using my cell phone as a modem in cira 1999... I didn't have to "spent as much time putting in data as the time saved". Like other PDAs, I could sync data from my PC<->device.
AxisOfBeagles
Mar 2, 10:15 AM
The purpose of the Challenge is to provide a venue where photographers of all skill levels can work to improve their craft by shooting along a common topic for two weeks - one fortnight. Helpful comments and critiques are key to reaching the intended goal - better photography.
About Your Photos
Shoot for the topics listed on the schedule. You may shoot for upcoming topics, but post photos only to their matching Challenges.
You may post as many photos as you wish for any one Challenge.
About Your Comments
Comments are critical to the success of the Challenge. If you post a photo, add a comment to another one. If you are only viewing, please add your comments, too.
Comments should be meaningful, something that the photographer can use to improve his/her work. Explain why you like or dislike a photo. Spend a moment looking at a photo before commenting on it. Try to answer the question "I like this photo because�" It really helps the photographer.
The Topic Schedule is:
Contrasts March 2 - 15
Upcoming Topics:
Beauty in Unexpected Places (March 16 - 29)
About Your Photos
Shoot for the topics listed on the schedule. You may shoot for upcoming topics, but post photos only to their matching Challenges.
You may post as many photos as you wish for any one Challenge.
About Your Comments
Comments are critical to the success of the Challenge. If you post a photo, add a comment to another one. If you are only viewing, please add your comments, too.
Comments should be meaningful, something that the photographer can use to improve his/her work. Explain why you like or dislike a photo. Spend a moment looking at a photo before commenting on it. Try to answer the question "I like this photo because�" It really helps the photographer.
The Topic Schedule is:
Contrasts March 2 - 15
Upcoming Topics:
Beauty in Unexpected Places (March 16 - 29)
spazzcat
Aug 19, 08:49 PM
It's working here in Cleveland, Ohio
likemyorbs
Apr 12, 03:16 PM
As for what I meant- I am trying to illustrate how silly and unrealistic and inherently flawed "anti-discrimination" laws are. Lets say I do not hire a guy because he is black. That is my ONLY reason. HOW is that any different than not hiring a guy because he is not intelligent? He can't help his intelligence, it was passed on to him from his parents.
That's completely different. Intelligence is not fully genetic. You can become intelligent by obtaining an education.
That's completely different. Intelligence is not fully genetic. You can become intelligent by obtaining an education.
EricNau
Jan 6, 02:19 AM
I'm starting to see a theme.
lolnick
Mar 11, 12:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Dbl post
Dbl post
grooveattack
Feb 23, 03:47 PM
when writing a post scroll down and there is a 'manage attachments' button click and upload! cheers!
flosseR
Mar 29, 10:00 AM
Thatisme, please read this, and read it CAREFULLY...…
These are the complete comments to all your relevant posts:
"To the previous post about focal lengths, the difference in perceived focal length comes into account when you factor in the 1.6 cropped sensor. Since the sensor is physically smaller than a Full Frame or 1.3 crop sensor, it is essentially taking the image from the center portion of the lens.
So, you WILL get different focal lengths from 2 identically marked lenses where one is an EF-S lens and the other is an EF lens."
--INCORRECT on the same body you will get the EXACT same image
"Nikon also created a FULL FRame camera a while back that also had the ability to create a "cropped" image to increase it's rate of capture to achieve results in FPS that were similar to canon's 1D series bodies. Effectively if it captured less pixels per image, it could do so faster."
-- ALL Nikon Cameras can use ALL Nikon made lenses. And no, that wasn't the main reason to do that.
"YOU WILL GET DIFFERENT IMAGES IF YOU USE A 200mm EF Lens on a 7D (APS-C) and a 200mm EF-S lens on that same camera due to the FOVCF. on the EF lens, the 200mm assumes you are using the ENTIRE image circle of the lens, which you are not. You ARE using the ENTIRE image circle on the EF-S lens, which is a True 200mm for that camera. You have to use the ENTIRE image circle to get a true measure of the focal length. when you use only a portion of that image circle, you have to apply the FOVCF to get the EFFECTIVE focal length."
-- This is pulled out of you mind because it does not make sense at ALL and is so incorrect it's not even funny.. the lens is NOT adjusted to the focal length.. the length is the same.. the EFFECTIVE focal length (or Field of VIEW) comes from the sensor.. NOT the lens!!!
"ok. this is getting comical.
From your post, blasting me....
A canon 55-200 EF-s and a 70-200L lens at 200mm on a canon 7D will produce the exact same image...the same as if you would mount both lenses on a full frame body and crop the image by 1.6"
-- NO YOU WONT!!! what are you? a troll that needs feeding??
I compared BOTH lenses mounted on a 7d to BOTH lenses mounted on a 5d… if you crop the BOTH images from a 5d you have the same as BOTH from a 7d..
If you take BOTH shots from a 7d .. they are the SAME.. and they are the same if you shoot them both on a 5d..
GET
IT
IN
YOUR
BRAIN!
THE SENSOR MATTERS!!! NOT THE LENS..
geezz….
These are the complete comments to all your relevant posts:
"To the previous post about focal lengths, the difference in perceived focal length comes into account when you factor in the 1.6 cropped sensor. Since the sensor is physically smaller than a Full Frame or 1.3 crop sensor, it is essentially taking the image from the center portion of the lens.
So, you WILL get different focal lengths from 2 identically marked lenses where one is an EF-S lens and the other is an EF lens."
--INCORRECT on the same body you will get the EXACT same image
"Nikon also created a FULL FRame camera a while back that also had the ability to create a "cropped" image to increase it's rate of capture to achieve results in FPS that were similar to canon's 1D series bodies. Effectively if it captured less pixels per image, it could do so faster."
-- ALL Nikon Cameras can use ALL Nikon made lenses. And no, that wasn't the main reason to do that.
"YOU WILL GET DIFFERENT IMAGES IF YOU USE A 200mm EF Lens on a 7D (APS-C) and a 200mm EF-S lens on that same camera due to the FOVCF. on the EF lens, the 200mm assumes you are using the ENTIRE image circle of the lens, which you are not. You ARE using the ENTIRE image circle on the EF-S lens, which is a True 200mm for that camera. You have to use the ENTIRE image circle to get a true measure of the focal length. when you use only a portion of that image circle, you have to apply the FOVCF to get the EFFECTIVE focal length."
-- This is pulled out of you mind because it does not make sense at ALL and is so incorrect it's not even funny.. the lens is NOT adjusted to the focal length.. the length is the same.. the EFFECTIVE focal length (or Field of VIEW) comes from the sensor.. NOT the lens!!!
"ok. this is getting comical.
From your post, blasting me....
A canon 55-200 EF-s and a 70-200L lens at 200mm on a canon 7D will produce the exact same image...the same as if you would mount both lenses on a full frame body and crop the image by 1.6"
-- NO YOU WONT!!! what are you? a troll that needs feeding??
I compared BOTH lenses mounted on a 7d to BOTH lenses mounted on a 5d… if you crop the BOTH images from a 5d you have the same as BOTH from a 7d..
If you take BOTH shots from a 7d .. they are the SAME.. and they are the same if you shoot them both on a 5d..
GET
IT
IN
YOUR
BRAIN!
THE SENSOR MATTERS!!! NOT THE LENS..
geezz….